Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ash gets an amazing amount of hatred.

Default Ash gets an amazing amount of hatred.

On sites I go to that discuss the Pokemon anime, I always see at minimun four different threads hating on Ash and demanding that he get replaced with May/game/manga characters.

I gotta know, why do people hate the guy the anime was always meant to revolve around so much?

The thing that bothers me is they want him to get replaced with Brendan , who had 10 seconds of screen time, or Jimmy, who got one special and was pretty simmilar to Ash already.

Isn't that suppose to be a GOOD thing? I personally wanted Brendan more in the anime. Not just a throwaway character that got 10 seconds in a movie.

Will Lucas appear in the anime? PLACE YOUR BETS NOW.
    KING BRANDON PONDERS WHY YOU ARE STARING AT THIS BOY'S SIGNATURE. THERE'S NOTHING TO BE FOUND HERE.

"It's the internet. Everything is free if you look hard enough." ~PlayitBogart

Oh please, Ash doesn't get any more hate than the other characters.

And besides, most complaing about Ash ended when AG began when he started actually having a powerful team unlike the unevolved stuff he had in Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Oh please, Ash doesn't get any more hate than the other characters.

And besides, most complaing about Ash ended when AG began when he started actually having a powerful team unlike the unevolved stuff he had in Johto.
    His team isn´t the problem. It´s just..well Satoshi.

He lost his spunk after Kanto ended I think. Well, maybe in the OI-saga..but after that he became kinda stale. I miss his cocky attitude from early on. They never do anythink interesting with him anymore outside of most gym battle episode. The "Musashi uses Aipom"-episode is a nice example of a more interesting satoshi to me, but really..how ofter does this happen?

But the same thing would happen with ever other male-maincharacter. As Kojiro said, Kenta wasn´t THAT different from Satoshi.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Isn't that suppose to be a GOOD thing? I personally wanted Brendan more in the anime.
    Why? What did he do to make him a good character?

Or Lucas? He's the DP male, but besides that you can't say how good a character he'd be till you saw him in the Anime.

Well... I wouldn't want Brendan or Lucas to replace Ash but it's be nice to see them appear. o.o; Their female counterparts are main characters, why can't they be developed as more than character designs and appear as recurring characters or something?

who would want to hate ash?

^^^^
    Well me for one, I got tired of ash since hoenn, i was hoping he was going to get replaced. I want more of Jimmy! More Typholosion! More Special Characters! I mean come on, just a little bit more variety pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MAN View Post
    ^^^^
    Well me for one, I got tired of ash since hoenn, i was hoping he was going to get replaced. I want more of Jimmy! More Typholosion! More Special Characters! I mean come on, just a little bit more variety pokemon.
    Yeah! Let's replace Ash with a more generic version of himself just to see a fire-breathing wolverine/weasle. I'm sure that wouldn't suck.

Kenta's more manly. He would make the show sexier.

Marry the Night

The fug? Yah, someone constantly shouting corny lines "High paw!" and "You rock, you rule!" would make the show better...

...Not that Ash's new "I hear ya" is any better...

Ever since Johto, I've wanted them to replace Ash's travelling group with both of the playable characters from that region, not just the girl... Jimmy and Marina, May and Brendan, Lukas and Dawn...

Anyway, on the topic of Ash...I understand why alot of people hate him. Because he doesn't do what they want him to do. It's impossible to please the Pokemon fanbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

ash is a generic shonen hero...same as any character that might potentially replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MAN View Post
    ^^^^
    I admit, I would've liked to see him be the main character in Jouto and see Satoshi as a secluded mountain hermit.

... But to see him be the main character now is the worst idea ever. I can understand Kouki, but Kenta?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    The fug? Yah, someone constantly shouting corny lines "High paw!" and "You rock, you rule!" would make the show better...

...Not that Ash's new "I hear ya" is any better...
    japan n0 kare 4 america
    Ever since Johto, I've wanted them to replace Ash's travelling group with both of the playable characters from that region, not just the girl... Jimmy and Marina, May and Brendan, Lukas and Dawn...
    Same.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 11th August 2007 at 6:57 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

first of all mytic mist, ur weird, second of all ash is trashed a lot on these forums and he's my favorite character on the show, really, ash is awesome
    kneel before charizard
    name:Joshua
    FC:3909 4036 5554
    certified all around pokefan, cards, games, shows, toys, everything
    favorite character: ash, don't bash the ash
    http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1187369990 cick on it << credit to Twighlight Celebi's Rad Request shop

The reason I brought this up is because it's difficult to have any discussion about him here or anywhere else without someone claiming he sucks because he doesn't follow all game rules, because he doesn't evolve all his pokemon, because he doesn't mindlessly catch everything he sees, because he doesn't catch Legendaries, because his Pikachu is Gamesharked, and (the favorite of Gamefaqs) because he's the "DEM Lord" due to not every battle going exactly as they would like (some wanting him to lose horribly and have him and his pokemon tortured and killed, I'm not making this up).

Then there are those so wrapped up in game rules that they see themselves as being so much better than all of the anime characters that the fact that they do things unlike the game says it must be "DEM" or "cheating". They then claim that they could beat everyone because they made their bits of game data beat other people's bits of data by making sure their numbers are better than anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Geostomp View Post
    The reason I brought this up is because it's difficult to have any discussion about him here or anywhere else without someone claiming he sucks because he doesn't follow all game rules, because he doesn't evolve all his pokemon, because he doesn't mindlessly catch everything he sees, because he doesn't catch Legendaries, because his Pikachu is Gamesharked, and (the favorite of Gamefaqs) because he's the "DEM Lord" due to not every battle going exactly as they would like (some wanting him to lose horribly and have him and his pokemon tortured and killed, I'm not making this up).

Then there are those so wrapped up in game rules that they see themselves as being so much better than all of the anime characters that the fact that they do things unlike the game says it must be "DEM" or "cheating". They then claim that they could beat everyone because they made their bits of game data beat other people's bits of data by making sure their numbers are better than anyone else's.
    i know, it's annoying how people always complain about him
    kneel before charizard
    http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1187369990 cick on it << credit to Twighlight Celebi's Rad Request shop

The reason why Ash is getting an amazing of hatred is because he acts like a rookie, yet he isn't rookie anymore. Plus, he never evolve his Pokemon that really need to evolve in order for him to defeat strong & skillful trainers like Shinji.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    The reason why Ash is getting an amazing of hatred is because he acts like a rookie, yet he isn't rookie anymore. Plus, he never evolve his Pokemon that really need to evolve in order for him to defeat strong & skillful trainers like Shinji.
    He makes mistakes fairly rarely now. People just love to harp on them when they do show up.

As for evolution, Ash cannot just make a pokemon evolve. It's not like he can make them battle until they rise to a high enough level like in the games. A trainer in the anime really has no say in when it happens.

Also the anime has been trying to hammer the point home that evolution isn't everything. When trained enough, an unevolved pokemon can be just as strong as an evolved one. The anime isn't just stats and levels like the games are.

I want to see Lucus be Dawn's rivial and Brandon be May's rivial. I wonder if that blond boy will get to be Dawn's rivial or if he will at least get screen time.
    [IMG]http://i23.*******.com/aadjzb.png[/IMG]
    A Storm Is Coming

He'll end up being replaced by Dawn or someone and he won't be talked about for the rest of the series

Member of the Pokemon Adventures Fanclub!

^I know you like Dawn and all, but you really overestimate her.

She's not more skilled than Ash, she doesn't have better pokemon than him, and she isn't even in the running to become main character.

The whole show is about Ash's journey, despite recent focus on the new female group members. He won't get replaced until the anime ends or reboots with all new characters.

I'm just saying, Ash makes all the nooby mistakes you except from an unpolished rookie, not a weathered veteran like he is

Member of the Pokemon Adventures Fanclub!

ash will never be replaced by dawn, he doesn't make doesn't make mistakes all the time, only occasionly like everyone
    kneel before charizard

The main reason he annoyed me in the beginning was because his wardrobe was so atrocious, but now that's been improved he's a little bit better.
    Adventure Time!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast