Thread: EV training

Default EV training

Can some1 help me with ev training. I read the tutorial about Ev training in the Game Mechanics but I dont get that at all.

I only understand that you get for each 4 EV points +1 for a stat. If I get it, you can spread 510 EV over your stats (like 100 for ATT,100 for DEF, 100 for SP Att,100 for sp DEF. 50 for speed, and 60 for hp)
    wonce you did this you can train your pokemon to lvl 100. So when you level up your stat boost will allways be permanant .

Is this true? I hope someone can help me with EV training. I really should appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

(Srry for my crap English)

basicly u want sp atk? go give the pokemon ur training PKRS and then go kill 126 gastly in the old chatue done. dw bout the techinqual part if you dont understand it.
    Life but begins at death

double posted sorry for the inconvinence.
    Last edited by gradevoirs_leader; 17th August 2007 at 10:17 AM.
    Life but begins at death

For every 4 points of EVs for one stat, yes, the value for that stat will be one point higher. However, it doesn't come abbout immediately; no matter how quickly you get EVs, they'll be applied gradually; you won't get all of the stat gain from EVs until the Pokémon reaches Level 100.

You will only see the full effect when you reach level 100.

And just so you know, Pokerus doubles EV gain. And there are special items that promote the EV gain that item is assigned to.
    l HISYAM l 0301 6552 9550 l

Yes your stat boosts will be permanent, unless you feed the Pokemon in question with an EV reducing berry. Those berries reduce EVs of stats, and is a good way to retrain EVs into other stats.

I think it's like this: At level 100, the effects of EV are 100%, meaning that 4 EVs will be equal to 1 stat point. At level 50, the effect is 50% of them, so 8 EVs will give 1 stat point. There's no penalty for getting EVs earlier or later.

Default Ev

Ok, so the point is. You spread the Ev over your stats of a pokemon. and when you gave the stats the points (510) you can get the Effort ribbbon. after that you wont have to train the pokemon EV anymore. then you just train the pokemon to 100

(so, when a pokemon can or has an effort ribbon you just can train it to 100 and you dont have to train EV anymore.)

Thanks in advance,

Romke :386-d:

I wrote a guide here that should help.

That goes into extreme detail, yet makes it simple to learn. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Romke View Post
    Ok, so the point is. You spread the Ev over your stats of a pokemon. and when you gave the stats the points (510) you can get the Effort ribbbon. after that you wont have to train the pokemon EV anymore. then you just train the pokemon to 100

(so, when a pokemon can or has an effort ribbon you just can train it to 100 and you dont have to train EV anymore.)

Thanks in advance,

Romke :386-d:
    Yup, thats pretty much it. EV training can be a pain in the *** sometimes. But can be fulfilling if you have "Pickup" Pokemon and also u could have a lucky chance of finding a shiny.
    RIP - Shinies lost forever in time:

~Jolteon Pokedoll produced by YoruRyu. Nice!~
    Friends: SuperGlalie

Default So, now give it the lucky egg and train in the elite four

Really thanks for the internet link. I get it now. A pokemon always has the same stat boost but you can change it by training it EV.
    I now am going to train my dialga to 100

Really thanks,

Romke

Hey, while we're still on the subject, I have a question about EV training.

I got a Mew recently, from a fatefull encounter (download) at the Pokemon Summer Camp (Ya I'm british) and atm its lvl 12, I raised it 2 levels fighting Starlys and Bidoofs. They give HP EVs and it did get significantly more HP than other stats when it leveled up, now obviously its a Mew so I only get one chance to make sure I raise it as best as possible, and I'm not sure where to go from here.

I hear the best Special Attack EV trainers are Rattacate who gives 2 EVs and is common, but he's a lvl 52. I could use EXP share, but it would give Mew so much EXP it'd skip alot of levels. And thats just as bad as using rare candies, right? I also hear Ghastlies are good for EV training, but they're also pretty high lvl. 20-ish if I remember correctly.

So what do I do to make sure my Mew is as tough as possible? Should I train it against Ratticate untill its high enough lvl to kill tons of them without leveling up, or should I keep killing Bidoofs untill its tough enough to kill Ghastlies, or what? I have two EXP shares, so if I have to train against high lvls I can split the XP three ways to slow Mew's leveling, but still get everyone lots of EVs.

Default Reply mew

I think this is the best you can do. gasty are only lvl 12 so there very easy to defeat. mew probably has physic so thats super effective. I think its no problem if you kill gastly. mew has a high base stats so i should be easy.

I didn't understand a thing, for example, if I kill 40 zubats to pass a lvl, than when he pass the lvl the pokemon will gain 10 stats in speed? Or will it acumulate until lvl 100, so if I have already the 510 EV before reaching the lvl 100, the new ones I will got will get over the oldest ones? It's quite confuse to me, apolagize for that.
    Last edited by Riodsey; 18th August 2007 at 4:27 AM. Reason: writed wrong

It will acumalate to lvl 100. EV training is just take care of higher stat boosts when lvl up.

Thanks Romke! Just to be super-uber-duper certain, atm I've been killing Ghastlies with Mew for a while, killed 50 or so, and then managed to infect him with the Pokerus, so I'm going to kill 100 or so more and then see if he gets a effort ribbon. If he does I can kill as many high lvls as I want to get him to lvl up and he'll get really high +Sp. Atks, right?
    Infact, while I'm here, does anyone know if its possible to re-enfect a pokemon after it loses the Pokerus and gets the smiley face icon?

yo! well i spent all my weekend on a research about ev training, and how to do it the best way i can, so i foun this

if u have your mew hold th expshare, and even if he don't go out and figh, u have the same amount of evs like he would have batled

but what i did on my bagon was, equip him with the macho brace, let him enter the batle first, then swicht out and kill the wild poke

whit this metod, i made him get experience and a very fast ev train

not is is a lv 56 Salamence with 214 of attack im really glad with the porgress :P
    My friend safari "Poison" Cascoon, Garbodor and Whirlipede
    FS Pokémon i'm Looking for Absol, Ditto, Eevee, Charmeleon, Dragonair, Gabite and Faxure
    Friend code "0147-0004-3436" ingame Name "Asche"

Something is wrong with my Mew, or I'm doing something wrong :S I've killed 161 Gastlys using Mew with the PKRS, and the effort ribbon lady still won't give it a effort ribbon :S Are R/B pkmn not compatible with her or something? Getting 2 EVs from every KO I'm certain Mew's got more than 250 EVs by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortnox View Post
    Something is wrong with my Mew, or I'm doing something wrong :S I've killed 161 Gastlys using Mew with the PKRS, and the effort ribbon lady still won't give it a effort ribbon :S Are R/B pkmn not compatible with her or something? Getting 2 EVs from every KO I'm certain Mew's got more than 250 EVs by now.
    There is a limit for each EV's which is just under a half of the Total EV's.

Train in another stat.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Ohhh thanks, I didn't realise!

also, to save alot of time, give your poke drugs! Protein, Carbos etc. actually raises the Ev's of the specific stat (not the base stats that it says) by 10 up to a max of 100 EVs. Meaning give your poke 10 of whatever stat you want up, so you can start Ev training from 100, instead 0. Send me a PM if you got any questions...

Quote Originally Posted by NFreak View Post
    I wrote a guide here that should help.

That goes into extreme detail, yet makes it simple to learn. ^_^
    wow neato!

that helped more than enough, thanks! =^.^=

the power bracer etc made Ev training heaps easier, you just day care it till it gets a bit stronger than go out and own the little wild pokemon
    physical sweepers all the way