Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass Hip-po-sis! (512)

Default Mass Hip-po-sis! (512)

Save The Stray Hippopotas!

Travelling to the next town, Ash & Co. spot a Hippopotas about to fall. Worried, they quickly intervene and rescue the Hippopotas. However, a TV crew was scouting the Hippopotas for a documentary. To make things worse, Team Rocket want the Hippopotas. Can Ash protect the Hippopotas?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episode was awesome. Hipopoyawn using Yawn on everyone was cute. The TR motto was one of the funnier ones. Anyone know where the BGM that played when they were getting sand came from?

FC: 3180-5269-0929

I kinda wanted to see the hippo's evo. Meh, I'll wait later.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I dunno. 3 or 4 Team Rocket attacks in one episode kinda screams "The writers didn't know what else to do".

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Did ash capture the hippopotas?

Apparently not, from whaty I heardf on the last page of the Specultion Thread. Good, that means even longer until his next capture. I like watching people complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

I kind of guessed he wouldn't catch the Hip Hop Potatoes once I heard its voice. It didn't even sound like they were trying.

But at least Ash had an excuse... He was asleep

This was a cute filler, if nothing else. It wasn't a truly original take on the traditional format like last week's or even a big character-based episode, but dang, if Hippopotroast wasn't frickin' adorable. There were some humorous moments that made the episode still worthwhile, namely Hippopalooza Yawning everyone and the motto with Jessie sleeping. I didn't recognize the vocal that played during the sand scene, either, so either it's something that hasn't been used in forever that's just not jumping out at me, or it's something new. Whatever it was, I liked it.

Regarding Ash's lack of capture, I honestly don't care either way. Sure, the thing is obnoxiously cute, so much so that I want to punch it, but I don't see it as a truly interesting battler judging from what little it did attack-wise in this episode (Yawning and excreting sand). And hey, like Teh Roxxorz said, it's damn funny watching the fanbase explode like this.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

i was expecting the capture throughout the entire episode and now that its over im glad it didnt happen. hippopotas was cute but it definitely did not belong on ash's team. it was hardly a battler. especially liked the motto.
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

Looks like Musashi is up to date on the Hippopotas meme. Funny stuff. And yeah, this episode was incredibly adorable. Especially for my particular interests...<_<

Marry the Night

What an adorable pokémon (did I say that?). I was hoping that Brock would get it.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I didn't recognize the vocal that played during the sand scene, either, so either it's something that hasn't been used in forever that's just not jumping out at me, or it's something new. Whatever it was, I liked it.
    I'm sure I recognised it from somewhere, but can't place it right now. Lol at Brock trying to use it as a Theme Music Power Up, only for Croagunk to put a stop to both (of course)

Nobody mentioned the running gag with Team Rocket where Jessie kept mispronouncing Hippopotas' name and James and Meowth kept correcting her, that was funny.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

when i was viewing the pics for the episode....i seriously thought hed catch the hippo

the hippo would go back to its family ash would leave, then the hippo would look all sad and run after ash and co....then he'd capture it

Quote Originally Posted by -Starly- View Post
    This episode was awesome. Hipopoyawn using Yawn on everyone was cute. The TR motto was one of the funnier ones. Anyone know where the BGM that played when they were getting sand came from?
    It was the first AG ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6W0p7ukazo

Nobody mentioned the running gag with Team Rocket where Jessie kept mispronouncing Hippopotas' name and James and Meowth kept correcting her, that was funny.
    It's canon now. Awesome.

WHAT NO CAPTURE!

Ash went through all of that only to not capture the thing! OMG what the hell! It may have been small and young but still a Ground type like that would rock in battle with its very diffrent moveset!

Oh well. Maybe next time................ So Ash capturing the Dinosaur in the next Ep then anyone?
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Ash went through all of that only to not capture the thing! OMG what the hell!
    Yeah. Leaving it there to die would have been much more in character for him.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    when i was viewing the pics for the episode....i seriously thought hed catch the hippo

the hippo would go back to its family ash would leave, then the hippo would look all sad and run after ash and co....then he'd capture it
    I know how you feel, I really thought he'd capture the cutie...
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmon View Post
    It was the first AG ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6W0p7ukazo
    *nod* Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara. Knew I had it, but couldn't place the name.

There was a shiny Hippopotas at the end, one had different color eyes.
    I wasn't really impressed with the episode, but, I'm surprise Brock didn't get it
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

Quote Originally Posted by 133tSneasel View Post
    There was a shiny Hippopotas at the end, one had different color eyes.
    Wasn't a shiny. Remember, the Hippopotas family has color differences depending on gender.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Lot of humor in the episode, don't see how you couldn't enjoy it, Sneasel.

The Sinnoh Now team scene with the reporter having to carry the boom mike that she always gets hit with while the fat guy that handles it is asleep and carried by the other guy was funny.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

There were a lot of funny things. I love how they always find something different to do with Croagunk. A lot of creativity.

The boom thing, Pikachu as Turtwig, Jessie sleeping in the motto, Croagunk... it was great.

I was actually surprised by Hippo's voice. I thought it was going to be deeper and strong but I loved it. It was an adorable voice.

Talking

I watched the episode pics and I can't believe no one mentionned this before.

Ash has a spine and neck made with steel. Is he the next Superman ? Is Brock a chiropractor ? Does Ash know a good Professionnal cyclist's doctor ?

How can Ash support a 2 1/2 feet, 109 lbs pokemon (based on the site's 'dex) on his head ??? Heck, we're not talking caterpie but a friggin sand-filled hippo O_o

BTW, I know Ash has survived numerous flamethrowers and thunderbolts and others but, isn't this too much ?

On a more serious note, were there any explanations for this in the episode ? Also, what was the sand attack used in TR's balloon or was it its ability ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast