Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass Hip-po-sis! (512)

Quote Originally Posted by X-Wing View Post
    I watched the episode pics and I can't believe no one mentionned this before.

Ash has a spine and neck made with steel. Is he the next Superman ? Is Brock a chiropractor ? Does Ash know a good Professionnal cyclist's doctor ?

How can Ash support a 2 1/2 feet, 109 lbs pokemon (based on the site's 'dex) on his head ??? Heck, we're not talking caterpie but a friggin sand-filled hippo O_o

BTW, I know Ash has survived numerous flamethrowers and thunderbolts and others but, isn't this too much ?

On a more serious note, were there any explanations for this in the episode ? Also, what was the sand attack used in TR's balloon or was it its ability ?
    It was Yawn.

So Ash didn't catch a Hippopotas?

Edit: Oh, in the balloon. Yeah, maybe he whipped up a Sandstorm.

Well, when Dawn asked him if he's gonna be alright, he just replied, "It's a little heavy, but that's okay."
    Also, what was the sand attack used in TR's balloon or was it its ability ?
    That dusty-looking move was Sand Attack, and then it switched off to Sand Tomb.

I don't know why in the world I can remember such things right off the bat, but I immediately noticed that the Hippo had the same voice as the Lotad in the Poffin episode. It was pretty suitable though. I had a laugh-squeal-attack when it waggled its tail, that was so cute x)

This is the first time in years that I rewatched a Team Rocket motto more than three times; it was just that funny. Just the way Jessie looked was hilarious.
    I was also quite amused by Ash and Dawn earlier when they hid from Team Rocket, but completely forgot about the sleeping Brock and just left him lying on the road XD

I thought that Soko ni Sora ga arukara was a tiny bit misplaced (but that might be because my mind's so stuck on sunset scenes when I hear the song), and in the second half, the sudden scene switches made the whole thing look a tad jumpy, but those are the only nitpicks I have.

The latest three episodes are some of the few that actually made me laugh instead of just smiling or chuckling lightly. I'm even inclined to say that if this keeps up, I don't care when they'll arrive in Hearthome and rather pick an endless line of fillers with amusing plots ;D

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

awww Hipopotas was so cute in this ep xD especially when it opened it's mouth.

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Wasn't a shiny. Remember, the Hippopotas family has color differences depending on gender.
    Duh!, I forgot....I think that Hippopotas used Amnesia on me. LOL
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Lot of humor in the episode, don't see how you couldn't enjoy it, Sneasel.

The Sinnoh Now team scene with the reporter having to carry the boom mike that she always gets hit with while the fat guy that handles it is asleep and carried by the other guy was funny.
    Sorry, I'm all about the battles. LOL, the interesting strategies they use. But that was funny with the boom mike
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

I was hoping to see the evo.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Cute little ep. Thankfully, it seems that there aren't too many people still complaining about people not catching Hippopotas.

-Seeing TR's balloon have a patch on it after they got blasted off for the...second, I think it was...time was a nice touch.
    -Soko ni Sora Ga Aru Kana seemed out of place somehow. I guess it seems more like it should be at the end of the ep along with a sunset and a show of friendship.
    -Speaking of the scene they did play that song in, I'm sure it makes more sense if you can understand what everyone's saying but for now I can't see why Hippopotas needed all that special treatment because it fell in a river. My best guess is that a bunch of its sand washed out or something.
    -Why is there a desert in the middle of a foresty/rocky place...oh, forget it. I should've stopped trying to make sense of the anime randomly inserting landmarks like that a long time ago.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I would have been inclined to censored Hippopotas' name in any guides I did if Ash captured it, for it be one ugly Pokemon. :< Looks too cartoony for my Pokemon liking standards.

Also, Ash could do with something stronger right now. Something that doesn't evolve, perhaps. I dunno, I just think his team stinks at the moment and I hate it compared to his Advanced team who had quite a few powerhouses.

Need to watch this episode myself, but from what I can tell... they didn't play some sort of sad or dramatic song for Hippopotas when it fell in the river did they? o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    I would have been inclined to censored Hippopotas' name in any guides I did if Ash captured it, for it be one ugly Pokemon. :< Looks too cartoony for my Pokemon liking standards.

Also, Ash could do with something stronger right now. Something that doesn't evolve, perhaps. I dunno, I just think his team stinks at the moment and I hate it compared to his Advanced team who had quite a few powerhouses.

Need to watch this episode myself, but from what I can tell... they didn't play some sort of sad or dramatic song for Hippopotas when it fell in the river did they? o_o
    No, they only played the song after they got it out of the water and while Ash and co were digging up sand for Hippopotas to restore itself, they played it, Ash seemed very worried and attached to it. At the end i though i was going to cry.

Agreed, Ash's team currently Sucks and its boring.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

I really wanted Ash to capture the Hipopotas. I mean, Dawn has enough pokemon already and Hipopotas just isn't for Brock, but I wanted to see somebody catch Hipopotas. Too bad Ash didn't capture it.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

It just wasn't meant to be, just like Numel.

...this Hippopotas thing is gonna go on forever isn't it? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    It just wasn't meant to be, just like Numel.

...this Hippopotas thing is gonna go on forever isn't it? :<
    Unfortunitly it seems to, and will continue to be the case.

This episode was good. It was cool to see a Hippopotas. The Boss Fantasy was pretty funny, partly because James told it since Meowth was out. It was pretty funny when Croagunk dragged Brock to the hiding spot. It was pretty funny when Jessie fell asleep during their motto as well as Ash, Dawn, and Brock using part of Team Rocket’s old motto.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Hippopotas was absolutely adorable. I loved that they didn't change the voice but that was expected.

Jessie in the dub was not funny, the misspelling of the name was not as good as the original. It was cheesy instead of funny.

One thing that I liked was the motto, flawless motto.

This episode was somewhat boring and cute. Too bad Ash didn't capture the cute little love nut pokemon.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was somewhat boring and cute. Too bad Ash didn't capture the cute little love nut pokemon.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Unfortunitly it seems to, and will continue to be the case.
    This theory kicked the bucket, it seems. >_>

XD

In any case, Hippopotas was rather cute, to say the least. I didn't want him to end up like Torkoal, but I didn't want him to go, either. Can't win 'em all, I guess. =/

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

A very funny ep, and quite cute at some moments. And again I loved just how the characters talked, i.e. when Ash and Dawn forgot Brock on the road or moments like that. Maybe a little to many TR apperences but on the other hand, all of them were funny. James saying Jessie and Mewouths parts and stuff like that.

7,5/10 p.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

I'm pretty sure this is the first Boss fantasy ever that Meowth had no part in.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

well i think that they should have had ash catch hippotas because it had such a charcter and would have mixed well with the pokemon he currently has. i believe they didnt have him catch it because there is pipe work for turtwig to eveolve and when he reachegrotle he will be a ground type aswell as grass, and 1 thing ash has never done is have 2 pokemon of the same type on his team at the same time.

This was surprisingly better when you actually see in. I still think the Hippo would have been a good addition to the team, especially as Brock's.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I believe you're right. This was the first boss fantasy without Meowth in it.

Hoppopotas sounds like it could've been dubbed, but I'm guessing it wasn't.

Something tells me Jessie never book studies.

After seeing them for several times now, it makes me wonder where James got those cards from. You want to know everything? Get a Dextette like our heroes do.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Quote Originally Posted by neptune_84 View Post
    and 1 thing ash has never done is have 2 pokemon of the same type on his team at the same time.
    He had Chikorita and Bulbasaur on the same team for about two years...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Speaking about that, were those two Giovanni was playing golf with the rocket executives from the G/S/C games or are they just random rocket members? Just something I noticed.
    FC:1332 4698 4642

Its too bad Jessie never refered to Hippopotas by my nickname for it: Hip Hop Potatoes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast