Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass Hip-po-sis! (512)

Ash and co. really made weird mad expressions at Team Rocket when retrieving Hippopotas from them. Now I don't know who they are anymore.

Well D/P really are different. I re- watched the ep just now and enjoyed every minute of it. The trios use of the TR motto was fun. And did you notice that Wobba and Mr Mime Jr was abscent from the ep, that was a bit unusual.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

The work going into D/P has suddenly jumped, and refused to come down. Aside from the Leagues, a string of good episodes this long is unheard of. A basic filler plot like this was taken to the next level with the TV crew, good use a yawn bubble gag, and many fun subtleties in the dialouge. I think it all started with Cheryl showing up, or maybe Buizel. But the average of these episodes is unparalleled to the previous low standard as Cooking up a Great Story, or a basic Hoenn/Johto filler.

Still thought Buizel submerging the dry-ground type was pretty funny. And James a lead role in today's scheme? Jessie/Meowth falling asleep made that flawless. Ronda smacking Jack, too many delightful segments to detail, I'll leave it at..
    Quote Originally Posted by Corzola View Post
    I re- watched the ep just now and enjoyed every minute of it.
    ..well said.

7/10 I found it very amusing.

The pre-evolution of one of my favorite pokemon almost tipped the scale in the episode for me. But not for a lack of potential. Hippowdon firing its sand canons for a force of taking a rock to the face, creating its own landscape, and sinking into ground for defense would have all been an interesting fighting style to see for Ash. No doubt that would take a heavy toll on the animation team.

For a thunder-striken minute the little sand terrestial was facing the three trainers with a plump face, Dawn throwing in some words, and Ash ready to reach out his hand and offer it a pokeball. To think that if the TV crew never showed up... Oh well, that's the end of this tale.

For that moment hippopotas is using yawn, I though that it wanted to sleep. Well... Or maybe it need someone else to sleep with.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged_Psychic View Post
    Speaking about that, were those two Giovanni was playing golf with the rocket executives from the G/S/C games or are they just random rocket members? Just something I noticed.
    Random members.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I proably didnt enjoy this as much as the other 2 before it but i thought it was a good episode, I liked the idea of sinnoh now coming back again and i also liked the iddeo of james taking a more lead role in team rocket

You know, I just realized we never figure out what happened to Rhonda and the rest of the crew. After the second commercial break, they are absent for the rest of the episode. Wierd, huh?
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

I thought the episode itself was okay, it was kinda cute...But my major problem was with the dub music, I cannot stand PUSA's work. I absolutely hate it. The music can be okay once and a while, but what really ruins it is all the little "blunder" sounds that they add in it and stuff, it annoys me to no end.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Hippopotas is so cool to have on a team
    Go Ponyta & Flareon !!

The episode was good, but what was comical and silly about it was that Jessie couldn't bother to say Hippopotas at all.

I just watched this online yesterday and
    thought it was a cool episode
    Ash really should have caught hippotopas
    because he saved it and all the bonding they had togther
    (I like hippopotas now after that episode)

This was a pretty funny episode. I liked Jessie falling asleep during the motto and James having to do her lines like a puppet. LOL I also liked the recurring gag of Jessie coming up with all sorts of variations on "hippopotas". At least we get to see the little hippopotas again the following season.

Oh yes, and I like the twerps doing a mini-motto, that was funny. I don't know if Dawn did the "prepare for trouble" line as a motto, though, because really she only heard that line once before they changed to the current motto. Brock chiming in with the next line, and James's reaction, though, were great.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 27th August 2008 at 3:00 AM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

OMG James talking over for Jessie OMG SO FUNNY!
    I though ash was gonna catch it but watever
    But still everyone falling asleep and someone has to carry them made me laugh the whole episode

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

lol, Ronda gets hit.Also that Hippopatas was cool.Jessie get the name right)

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Oh Yeah that was a aweome part
    Hippoapuppy! LMAO
    THAT WAS THE BEST
    Hi po hippy

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Loved this episode.

First of all, the Hippopotas looked so "awwwwww"-worthy.

Jessie mispronouncing his name everytime made my day.

"I want a Happypuppy!"
    6 Years Past...

another wildlife protecting episode, i enjoyed it full time:P

Another great episode.

I was disappointed that no-one caught it though.

I would have been a good edition to their teams.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Nice episode, i really tought someone would get it
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    Nice episode, i really tought someone would get it
    Yeah, I thought that Ash might get it.

There's cute. Then there's obnoxiously cute. Then there's wanna-blow-my-bleeping-brains-out-with-a-gun-that-shoots-rainbows cute. Hippopotas is that last one. Note that even when I try to spell its name correctly, I can't do it. Blah. And for the love of buttered toast, people, Hippopopopo is not a "stalker" Pokemon like Jigglypuff. It returns once. Same with Spoink. I assume that Plusle/Minun kid back in Hoenn is also a "stalker" according to this logic, correct? Anyways, combined with the return of Yuuka, this makes for a charming episode that is ultimately let down by how doggone repetitive it is. And Yuuka mysteriously vanishes from the episode halfway through, with is disappointingly odd.

I love Team Rocket, but this is their worst episode in all of Sinnoh. I'm fine with a single attempt per episode to make a heist, but FOUR? It basically turns an otherwise cute episode into a tedious game of "keep-away". This would be more acceptable were it for comic relief, but it's not. Speaking of comic relief, fortunately this episode has enough of it to keep me barely entertained, such as the return of motto-mockery. That said, Pokemon riding Satoshi's head stopped being amusing before even Naetle did it. If Pokemon sold on cuteness alone - and it does in many cases - this episode would succeed. But some of us prefer a little more depth, or at least as much as we can expect from a series such as this.

C-
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I really wish ash would have caught it!!!! it would have been such a cool pokemon to have.

Great episode, when Ash and Co. return the Hipopotas to it's home. and when ash beat Cecnea with Turtwig
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I was actually impressed. It was a cute episode, even in the dubbed version I was laughing and almost crying when they let Hippopotas go ;_;

Team Rocket's attempts to kidnap Hippopotas were getting on my nerves. This could've been a great episode but their antics ruined some of that.

Too bad Ash didn't capture it. He needed a Ground type. 7/10

This episode was pretty funny. Jesse messing up the name and the Rhonda gag were hilarious. Good episode.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast