Thread: Questions about Wish Cave

Default Questions about Wish Cave

Alright, i'm preparing to embark on my 4th trip to Wish Cave, and I'm wondering for those who have completed wish cave,
    1. What Pokemon did you use?
    2. What items did you have?
    3. what choices of wishes does Jirachi give you?
    Banners in your signature CANNOT exceed a total area of 46800 pixels. The banner you had here was over that limit, so 's been removed. Please read the Signature Rules.

Shine Guest

1. I used a Charizard - it has heat wave and doesn't level up too slowly. Alakazam/Mew/Mewtwo are also popular choices because they level up quickly.
    2. I took a Tight Belt so I wouldnt have to worry about my Belly and plenty of Max Elixirs. Some people also like to use Frstration TMs, and they will help you a lot.
    3. Wishes:
    -Lots of money
    -Lots of items
    -A Friend Area
    -More strength: Lots of vitamins (Irons, Joy Seeds, etc.)
    -'Something good': A new non-legendary recruit/A boost in your rescue rank/10 000 pokedollars. The rank is if you already have all recruits, the pokedollars is if you already are on Lucario Rank

There may be more wishes but I've forgotten them. It's better to just recruit him on your first runthrough IMO
    Last edited by Shine; 28th August 2007 at 2:52 PM.

Did you take a wish or recruit Jirachi? Is it worth the wish?
    Banners in your signature CANNOT exceed a total area of 46800 pixels. The banner you had here was over that limit, so 's been removed. Please read the Signature Rules.

Shine Guest

I recruited Jirachi since none of the wishes really did very much for me. Besides, I wasn't about to do the entire dungeon AGAIN... -.- It's not really worth it - Money/Items/Vitamins/Friend Areas are easy enough to come by, rescue rank doesn't do anything, and I personally think it's easier to trek through another dungeon to get a certain recruit than to do Wish Cave all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    and I personally think it's easier to trek through another dungeon to get a certain recruit than to do Wish Cave all over again.
    yeah and that lovely 1 in 1000 chance of getting a Kecleon when you have a lv. 100 poke with friend ribbon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

Shine Guest

Kecleon took me an hour.

Jirachi took me an hour and a half.

I'd go with the Jirachi over the Kecleon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    -'Something good': A new non-legendary recruit/A boost in your rescue rank/10 000 pokedollars. The rank is if you already have all recruits, the pokedollars is if you already are on Lucario Rank
    That's strange...I got the rank up when I first did the wish, and when I was on Lucario Rank it gave me the new recruits and stuff. Bleh...

I used Charizard for Wish Cave too. He has fine attacks, has a decent level-up rate and isn't too shabby.

Gravelerocks are almost essentials in the first few floors with low-leveled Pokemon. They help a lot. Frustration helps too, with the fixed 45 damage. And Max Elixirs. Don't worry too much about the belly though, there're a lot of Huge Apples there. Oh, and the Wish Stone if you want a wish. ^^

Shine has mentioned all the wishes, but yeah. The Friend Area gives you a Friend Area you don't have, but only those from Wigglytuff's shop. And for Something Good, if Jirachi gives you a Pokemon and you don't have it's Friend Area, it'll give it to you (it is still only wigglytuff friend areas).
    [img]http://i36.*******.com/20f466r.png[/img]
    deviantArt

I used mewtwo with 4 frustrations, linking the moves when the pokemon started to be able to take 45 damage.

My toolbox consisted of huge apples, link boxes, 4 frustrations, cleanse/escape orb and im sure there was other. Mewtwo holding x-ray specs. (Sorry for not being able to remember - it was a while ago).

I do remember this setup could consistently get though wish cave, as I had to repeatedly use it to get leaf and moon stones.

Also I took jirachi on the first chance, the 'wishes' arent really worth it IMO.