Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ill-Will Hunting! (513)

Weav-vile, you brought up some interesting points, but the answer should be obvious. Parawhatchu or whatever it's called, because it's honestly one of my least favorite Pokemon from D/P so I honestly cannot be bothered remembering it's name, is basically the 'Pikachu' of the generation, being all cutesy and girly and almost... well, killable. Wouldn't you love to see Probopass just smash through a wall, come out with some witty, Marx-esque one liner and then gouge the little rat with it's nose?

Hmmmm?

Anyway, my point is, they're using Parawhatchu a hell of a lot more because it's 'cuter' and it 'appeals' more. Also because it has electric attacks, it can do a lot more than a basic Normal Pokemon could. Note that apart from Aipom, the characters rarely catch normal Pokemon, and when they do, they're either not used much or start using other elemental based attacks. (Eevee learned Shadow Ball didn't it? >_>)

Personally I find Buneary's crush a hell of a lot more interesting than that thing. :/

*still waiting on Probopass*

Speaking of the episode itself, I just knew he wouldn't be wearing his scientist coat. The writers like I stated previously were KICKING themselves for dumping Gary so he could be a wimpy Scientist. So they slowly brought him back in, now as a trainer- if they haven't given him a purpose in this series I'll lol, as it'll prove just as worse a plot point as the G/S Ball and Kurt.

And why gary keep stoping ash from capture hunter J it not like hunter j and gary met before.
    i am a ash/misty fan

[IMG] ash and misty

Did gary get a new japanese voice or is it the same as the first episode and does anyone know what he and Ash were talking about? I like the episode because this is the first time I see Ash and Gary double battle and interact since they don't talk much but now look at them. They have both changed and matured and it makes me cry lol. Anyway J is really strong to be able to take out Ash and Gary like that and I liked how the scene were Ash was angry and the look on his face was priceless. I also like how Dawn seemed to have a crush on him. I am not sure if it's a crush but anyway IMO I give this episode a 10/10 and I hope we see more of Ash and Gary interactions and battles. (Hopes for a Paul and Gary battle and Paul and Ash double battle)Can someone please explain to me what Ash and gary were saying? I would greatly appreciate it, thank you.
    Last edited by zeno48; 1st September 2007 at 4:54 AM.

The World God Only knows

Quote Originally Posted by tmp1114 View Post
    And why gary keep stoping ash from capture hunter J it not like hunter j and gary met before.
    Because if Ash does that, The he is stepping down to her level. And Gary knows there are better ways to catch a villain, or she will screw up again.
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]

1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

Nice to see Electivire and Gary again. I'm hoping to see Magmortar soon...

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48
    Did gary get a new japanese voice or is it the same as the first episode and does anyone know what he and Ash were talking about?
    1) Nope, it was the same voice he always had.
    2) It was mostly them arguing about which strategy was better. Gary thought it was better to hide or run away from them and join up with Rowan/Jenny before J and Co. could find them, while Ash wanted to confront them directly and keep them busy until Jenny would arrive and arrest J.

Both opinions had their bad sides of course - if they went with Gary's plan, J would escape again and capture dozens of other Pokémon elsewhere, but the problem with Ash's strategy was also that they'd willingly put the Shieldon in danger.

When one of the Shieldon was caught and Gary and Ash hid under the car, they admitted their mistakes and thought of a new plan to rescue it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weav-vile
    But I'm still curious to know what the heck is he doing in Sinnoh... I don't know if he's still a "scientist" or if he's a trainer again. My, I wish he still acted like he doesn't like Ash.
    Well, not an exact answer to your question, but since he did say in the last AG episode that he'd return to Sinnoh, it made sense that...well, that he was still there XD

He's still a researcher (and not a trainer), though I think the protection of the Shieldon was a side project that Rowan had initiated, and Gary simply joined it.

And this is just my opinion, but Gary never seemed to act like he actually disliked Ash, he just couldn't stop making fun of him, but that's a sign for him paying attention to Ash rather than disliking him, I think

I had to laugh when Ash and Gary had a coffee-party-like conversation while hanging from the underpart of a driving car, but okay =D

It was also funny that Dawn thought Gary could make senryuus just because he was Oak's grandson.

I liked Gary a bit less than in "Home is where the Start is" this time - partly because he was devoid of any emotion whatsoever in the first half (acting like it was the most ordinary thing ever to bump into two +one familiar faces that you haven't seen it quite a while? o.o) or because he was so all-dominant throughout the entire episode.

I could understand it for the most part, seeing how he knew both the Shieldon and the area better than the group did so he was the most suitable as a leader, but what gave him the right to stop Ash when J was about to fly off? He knew she wouldn't attempt to capture Shieldon any more, so I didn't see the problem in trying to fight her once more.

Oh well, I was still happy to see him, and since we got semi-confirmation from himself that he'll meet Ash again in Sinnoh, it's all good.
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st September 2007 at 3:29 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    Nice to see Electivire and Gary again. I'm hoping to see Magmortar soon...
    Yeah me too. Seeing an anime version of it will give me even more ammunition to laugh at it and wonder why anyone would think it was a good idea.

On topic, Electivire really is ugly.

Shut yo mouth.

Magmortar is epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai View Post
    Hydro Cannon. I'm pretty sure Gary command it in their battle against Hunter J unless my ears aren't functioning? I was expecting Hydro Cannon to be well.... powerful compared to Hydro Pump.
    And it wasn't that powerful?

Maybe we need video evidence to confirm this.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Having gone home for the weekend, I finally had the chance to watch this episode (Don't want my new roommates to catch me watching Pogeymonz, heh)

The original Pokemon Hunter episode still remains my favorite episode of DP, and this was a worthy enough follow-up. The action was pretty consistant, with J being the same heartless b**** she was in her debut episode. And wh0ring out Movie 9 music seems to be the cool thing to do now. I also loved Gary's unmoving stare when he first saw Muku.BIRD. (Trust me, if you saw Jesus, I'm sure you would do the exact same thing.) If I had any beefs with this episode, it's that the Shieldon didn't actually do anything. I would have at least like to have seen one of them attempt an attack.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Having gone home for the weekend, I finally had the chance to watch this episode (Don't want my new roommates to catch me watching Pogeymonz, heh)

The original Pokemon Hunter episode still remains my favorite episode of DP, and this was a worthy enough follow-up. The action was pretty consistant, with J being the same heartless b**** she was in her debut episode. And wh0ring out Movie 9 music seems to be the cool thing to do now. I also loved Gary's unmoving stare when he first saw Muku.BIRD. (Trust me, if you saw Jesus, I'm sure you would do the exact same thing.) If I had any beefs with this episode, it's that the Shieldon didn't actually do anything. I would have at least like to have seen one of them attempt an attack.
    Why are you worried about what your friends think? I think you should suck it up and tell them that you gasp*like pokemon*. It's like confessing that you are gay. Anyway I agree with you on everything except for the your comment on how the shieldon didn't do anything. How could they? They were being garded and hiding in terror. Trying not to get caught.

The World God Only knows

this episode definitely made my summer. *rubs hands together* Seeing Gary again was freaking awesome; i KNEW the writers couldn't ignore him forever, although an earlier apperance would have been more consistant with the earlier seasons (i mean, COME ON, episode 45? should have been episode 15, for Mew's sake...).

I also liked the Ash/Gary character interaction, but Dawn's reaction to Gary was priceless. predictable, but priceless. You knew she'd bring up the poetry bit eventually, but that made the actual "bringing-up" part all the more funny.

Anyway, back to Ash and Gary. I really liked that they just both clung to the underside of the car like that, and how they really battled well together. when they met up, though, it would have been better for both of them to be at least a little shocked/surprised. It's like, you randomly bump into your ex-rival and you're both kinda serious instead of going like, "Wow, this is unexpected!" (granted, they've been randomly bumping into each other since the first episode, so i guess acting surprised eventually loses its charm). I love how Ash ran after him, though. That was cute. ^^

Hunter J was, of course, evil. Interesting that she's answering to either a mysterious Higher-up or a really big client. He could just be some random client, yah know, but i have no idea what they were saying.

Team Rocket...i feel bad for 'em. ^^; i know they were captured and all, but it reminded me too much of a time-out. And time-outs suck in general. ^^;

Oh, one last thing. The Shieldon really seem to like Gary. it's probably because he and his (coughBUTTUGLYANDSHOW-OFF-ISHcough) Electivire were protecting them, but the hug was still cute. And then Ash got to hug one! I can easily see why it could've been mistaked for a capture...i'm glad there wasn't one though. it would've made the episode TOO loaded with excitement.
    + = love...with their masters, anyway ^^
    AnimeDutchess's PokePet

ShigeSato the level 44 Mew!

Palletshipping is mah OTP (GaryxAsh)

Sorrowshipping (Ash's Pikachu, Gary's Umbreon), Ikarishipping (PaulxDawn), Contestshipping (DrewxMay), HeatTagShipping(KouheixDawn), and the threesome i named, DreamerShipping(GaryxAshxDawn), shall be my crack pairings

Originally Posted by Nathan Madien:
    Ash: You know, Gary, if this was 1997, I would push you off the cliff.
    Gary: If this was 1997, I wouldn't be hanging out with you.
    Ash: Touche.

I have to say that I really didn't like the episode. The pacing seemed really off, and the animation was just really bad. It's good to see that at least some bad guys aren't push-overs, and J remains my favorite character of the new season. The fact that she, Drapion and Salamence fended off Ash and Gary without some much as breaking a sweat really means a lot. I'm not looking forward to when she finally falls.

Unfortunately, even though Gary made an appearance, it really didn't help the episode that much. It just made it seem like Ash was really hyper-aggressive, and Gary had to stop him every five minutes. Plus, when they released Staravia, they could've actually shown it *doing* something rather then just a still of it moving into the bushes. They didn't even show it coming back with the reinforcements.

The double battle between J and Ash/Gary was fun to watch. But other than that, this episode was kinda bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    I have to say that I really didn't like the episode. The pacing seemed really off, and the animation was just really bad. It's good to see that at least some bad guys aren't push-overs, and J remains my favorite character of the new season. The fact that she, Drapion and Salamence fended off Ash and Gary without some much as breaking a sweat really means a lot. I'm not looking forward to when she finally falls.

Unfortunately, even though Gary made an appearance, it really didn't help the episode that much. It just made it seem like Ash was really hyper-aggressive, and Gary had to stop him every five minutes. Plus, when they released Staravia, they could've actually shown it *doing* something rather then just a still of it moving into the bushes. They didn't even show it coming back with the reinforcements.

The double battle between J and Ash/Gary was fun to watch. But other than that, this episode was kinda bleh.
    Could someone describe the battle?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This episode was good. Now all they have to do is make a episode of Gary meeting Shinji & battle each other.

i begun to wonder in a sec when gary looked weird on dawn, and she kept glaring on him, then she said some wird stuff at the end, i begin too wonder if Dawn got a crush on gary or something :s

No.

Dawn at first thought because Gary was Oak's grandson, he'd be good at Haiku's like Oak (Gary ths sweatdrops at this).

After the end, Gary says a Haiku as he's leaving and then Dawn points this out and smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    No.

Dawn at first thought because Gary was Oak's grandson, he'd be good at Haiku's like Oak (Gary ths sweatdrops at this).

After the end, Gary says a Haiku as he's leaving and then Dawn points this out and smiles.
    Guess Gary is beginning to be a young Prof. Oak, then.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Could someone describe the battle?
    Alright, since no one's answered you.

Battle 1: J's Second in Command (SiC)
    ~The Hunter's land craft arrives on the scene.
    ~Gary sends out Blastoise and has it Hydro Pump the land craft.
    ~Gary tells Ash to command a Thunderbolt from Pikachu, shorting out the landcraft.
    ~The SiC sends out a Golbat, the same from the first Hunter episode, who uses Air Cutter to send Blastoise rolling.
    ~Gary prevents Ash from joining in the fight and sends in Umbreon, who spins in the air before using Sand Attack on Golbat.
    ~Umbreon tricks Golbat into hitting a tree which holds Beedrill... we know what happens with that.

Battle 2: Hunter J
    ~J arrives on her Salamence and demands the Shieldon.
    ~Ash immediately commands an Iron Tail, which J blocks with her ray gun. He tells the others to escape.
    ~The force sends her sliding back, though she smoothly calls out Drapion after recovering.
    ~Drapion uses Cross Poison, flooring Pikachu almost instantly.
    ~Gary joins in the fight and commands a Hydro Cannon from Blastoise.
    ~Salamence counters with a Hyper Beam, and the two attacks evaporate.
    ~One of the Shieldon, the one that seems to be hocked up on depressants, slipped, and J turns and freezes it with her gun. She so calm, cool and collected! <3 There's not so much of a 'huh' or 'what', just a turn and fire.
    ~Ash gets upset and has Pikachu fire a Thunderbolt, which arcs towards J.
    ~J calls Drapion's name, and the scorpion blocks the Thunderbolt with a defensive Cross Poison.
    ~Ash and J exchange words, with J commanding a Pin Missile from Drapion and a Hyper Beam from Salamence.
    ~Ash and Gary counter with Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump, respectively.
    ~The four attacks struggle for a second before the Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump give and the 'good guys' are blown away.

I do like J. She's just the calm villian the show needed. If only it were a bit darker; she'd go great with any fanfiction that doesn't soften her up. She's great at her job, she probably enjoys it, and she has no remorse. It's excellent.

Could someone describe how HYDRO CANNON was portrayed?

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Could someone describe how HYDRO CANNON was portrayed?
    A Hydro Pump with sparkles. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai View Post
    A Hydro Pump with sparkles. Disappointing.
    **** man, and the writers made FRENZY PLANT so much cooler.

Here's hoping BLAST BURN has SOMETHING cool.

I wonder When will Hunter J reappear in the anime , probably the next time it will be in Pallet Town after it knows where most of Ash & Gary pokemon were. Who Knows? DP is getting more and more interesting.

Question

Anybody know what Hunter J was saying at the end of the episode (with that evil smile)? Did it maybe hint at something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lucario View Post
    I wonder When will Hunter J reappear in the anime , probably the next time it will be in Pallet Town after it knows where most of Ash & Gary pokemon were. Who Knows? DP is getting more and more interesting.
    Maybe she'll steal Misty's rare water pokémon IF she EVER makes a cameo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast