Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ill-Will Hunting! (513)

I'm guessing it was just a huge dubbing error then?

- VERY disappointed with Blastoise's voice. It sounded like a machine compared to its 4kids voice. And at the same time, PUSA manages to make Umbreon sound exactly like it did with 4kids. Lame.

- Nice plot and episodes with J is great as always

- Gary! Nice to see him again

- Too much PUSA music and thus too little japanese music to make this episode enjoyable.

I didn't notice any change in Blastoise's voice, honestly they all sound the same to me.

But Hunter J at the end still manages to capture a Sheildon at the end of the episode , right?!
    Go Ponyta & Flareon !!

She does manage to get one, but doesn't get away with it.
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra View Post
    She does manage to get one, but doesn't get away with it.
    Also, her "client" refuses to take it, thus pissing her off apparently.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    - Too much PUSA music and thus too little japanese music to make this episode enjoyable.
    My absolute biggest problem with this episode and the entire English dub for that matter.

Honestly, if they'd just keep the japanese music and use instrumental versions for the vocal songs, it'd be so much better.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Blastoise and Pikachu were taken out FAR too easily - granted, the oposition were tough, but two pokemon with the experience that Blastoise and Pikachu should have shouldn't have been so blaitantly ineffective.

The episode looked amazing from distance. But once you get down to the meat, it can get downright annoying.

Looks like the good action episodes are going to the crappy animation teams. Minor quirks like J's face and Salamence/Beedrill's flight sufferred from it, bothered me every now and then.

Average battles, too much like the game (i.e. Pokemon stand around waiting for the other to attack, they shoot beams at each other) It really sucked the potential from creative anime fighting, glad to see at least Umbreon and Golbat got their parts right, Drapion did alright so it's forgiven.

Also the colonel with the Golbat breaks out of prison to kick *** again! Surviving a mid-flight Volt Tackle last time, now completely knocking Pikachu and toise off their toes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Crobat by its next appearance.

Umbreon got some nice BGM at the start. Sounded like a rare dub track, but I dont think it was.

Some bad character treatment. Gary and Ash climbing under the car was the hook for Dawn and Brock, and before that they did minimal. Then to show how the new guy is mature, Ash naturally paints his face red and commits the most irrational act. And why did the client have to sound more menacing than Jay? I don't think I like this nice Gary at all, doesn't look like an episode could focus around him anymore. At least J's crew is noticable, I like her colonel (stick a personality on him), and the secretary with one of the good filler designs stuck around.

7/10 The use of characters was a little irritating for me.

I thought the original J plot would escalate to a 2-parter, not filler exclusive. And I hope Gary gets something important done in D/P, they stressed his lab being in Sinnoh quite much.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    My absolute biggest problem with this episode and the entire English dub for that matter.

Honestly, if they'd just keep the japanese music and use instrumental versions for the vocal songs, it'd be so much better.
    Learn to enjoy a show for what the storyline/plot and characters are. Not for the icing.

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    The episode looked amazing from distance. But once you get down to the meat, it can get downright annoying.

Looks like the good action episodes are going to the crappy animation teams. Minor quirks like J's face and Salamence/Beedrill's flight sufferred from it, bothered me every now and then.

Average battles, too much like the game (i.e. Pokemon stand around waiting for the other to attack, they shoot beams at each other) It really sucked the potential from creative anime fighting, glad to see at least Umbreon and Golbat got their parts right, Drapion did alright so it's forgiven.

Also the colonel with the Golbat breaks out of prison to kick *** again! Surviving a mid-flight Volt Tackle last time, now completely knocking Pikachu and toise off their toes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Crobat by its next appearance.

Umbreon got some nice BGM at the start. Sounded like a rare dub track, but I dont think it was.

Some bad character treatment. Gary and Ash climbing under the car was the hook for Dawn and Brock, and before that they did minimal. Then to show how the new guy is mature, Ash naturally paints his face red and commits the most irrational act. And why did the client have to sound more menacing than Jay? I don't think I like this nice Gary at all, doesn't look like an episode could focus around him anymore. At least J's crew is noticable, I like her colonel (stick a personality on him), and the secretary with one of the good filler designs stuck around.

7/10 The use of characters was a little irritating for me.

I thought the original J plot would escalate to a 2-parter, not filler exclusive. And I hope Gary gets something important done in D/P, they stressed his lab being in Sinnoh quite much.
    I should reiterate that were not looking at a high quality anime. We're looking at a kids show. So there's bound to be quirks somewhere. Also, kids won't necessarily find those things either.

Personally, I really enjoyed this episode. Considering that Gary's voice actor is the only one who hasn't been switched out, and in fact has been given more roles, its great to hear him voice his original character (or make that original "major" character).

Overall, everything seemed rather well handled, and the fact that Hunter J. in very persistent made it that more entertaining. Although, I couldn't help but laugh at the voice they chose for her client: the narrator. Honestly, it completely screws up his "maliciousness" for the character, if he was supposed to have one.

I'd have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to see Hydro Cannon in this ep. Now all we need is Blast Burn and we're done. I was disappointed that Pika didn't use Volt Tackle. I mean, sure it would have ruined a plot device, but it would have been great to KO Drapion with it (if it connected, which I'm certain the writers would have prevented).

I'm thinking Shieldon had an okay appearance, granted next time it appears I hope we get to see it attack.

There were quite a few comedic moments in this one too. Team Rocket sneaking in to J's aircraft using a very cheap facade was simply hilarious, and the fact that Jessie got them caught thinking the security camera was a movie camera. Not to mention Dawn still under the impression that Professor Oak is merely a poet, not a researcher. Unfortunately, even Gary couldn't convince her.

I'd say, if you looked at the episode without doing any comparisons, or just looking at what you have and not going too deep, it works out pretty well.

8/10 for me.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Learn to enjoy a show for what the storyline/plot and characters are. Not for the icing.
    You mean the repetitive plot and the 2/3 non-bland main characters? Okay then.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    You mean the repetitive plot and the 2/3 non-bland main characters? Okay then.
    You'll thank me later. Oh sure, the original version isn't less repetitive than this version, how so? And look who its targeted audience is, kids. Do you think they care? Probably not.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I'm guessing it was just a huge dubbing error then?
    Sir is gender-neutral when referred to military ranks when a girl outranks you, you usually reply to a girl who outranks you with "Yes Sir" it happens a lot. It bugs me too because of the connotation that goes with the word "Sir"

Anyone else besides me really bugged about that jessie part where she's talking and all of a sudden she says "Bye" really annoyed me that part.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

the good thing: gary
    bad thing: "a new coat of paint on an old canvas" kind of thing.. it just wasnt interesting
    i hope the next hunter j episode is random, unpredictable, and unforeseen, meaning she just appears out of the blue

Quote Originally Posted by pi-pikachu1_1 View Post
    the good thing: gary
    bad thing: "a new coat of paint on an old canvas" kind of thing.. it just wasnt interesting
    i hope the next hunter j episode is random, unpredictable, and unforeseen, meaning she just appears out of the blue
    1. I actually thought is was very interesting to see J come back. She kind of reminds me of Wes from Colosseum. Which is probably who she's designed after. Did anyone else notice that?

2. The Hunter J eps are fine the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Not to mention Dawn still under the impression that Professor Oak is merely a poet, not a researcher. Unfortunately, even Gary couldn't convince her.
    Yeah. Dawn seems to be more interested in the Prof's poetry than research. She should get a life!
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th February 2008 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

at first, i don't know who is hunter j yet. that's because i havent watched the episode yet. but i will know her soon....

Yay, it was great to see Gary again. At least he has another appearance coming up down the road after this episode. I like the nice-guy Gary compared to the Gary of the first three seasons of the show. It was also great to see J again, she has been a good recurring villain, and much more compelling than Team Galactic.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Gary
    I thought J was gonna be a one time evil person but looks like no anyways I love her evilness
    Sheildon sounds so cute and sometimes looks cute.
    Love Gary coming back

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Gary's reappearance was good, seeing as he didn't show up at all in Hoenn, least he appeared in Sinnoh. J's an alright character, her crew and herself seems to be the secondary villains after Team Galactic in Sinnoh. I like the Shieldon, they were good fossil Pokemon. Surprised how easily Blastiose and Pikachu were taken down.
    Last edited by Rommath; 31st January 2009 at 7:01 PM.

This was the nice Gary? Funny, it looked to me like he was backsliding a bit, deliberately pushing Ash's buttons the way he used to. It also looks like the writers can't decide if Gary is a jerk or not, so they just go back and forth depending on what they want for a particular story.

Hunter J- that's what a villain should be. I do love a good (fictional) sociopath.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Ah yes, I predict good things to come for Hunter J, especially when she makes her fourth appearance. I think you're right about Gary, one minute he's nice, next he's annoying them. Sort of like his next appearance. Overall a nice episode, the Shieldon were a lot better looking than the other fossil Pokemon, I thought. Gary's Umbreon is still great, the Shadow Ball looked good.

it was a fun episode to watch i must say that only that hunter J is kinda annoying.

It was a nice episode...but Hunter J annoyed me a bit..
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Now we're talking. After a brief stint through the filler wilderness, we get the long-awaited return of a character who's sheer evil motives won over an audience that had been waiting a full decade for a villain of her measure. Hunter J is no less relentless this time around, and even though she doesn't try to kill anybody this time, her approach is no less brutal. Oh, and Shigeru gets his Sinnoh debut at last, and what do you know, he's actually used in a great role here. We haven't seen much of the researcher side of Shigeru, and it's great to see him utilize his former trainer competence well. It's also pretty cool to see just how far the Satoshi/Shigeru relationship had come since Episode 1. No longer rivals, but always competitors. Shigeru's usage in Sinnoh is overall subdued, but this is his best appearance.

Tatetops is a pretty neat Pokemon, and it's a bit of a shame we don't get to see it do anything but cower here. Nonetheless, the other elements of the episode make up for it, with some pretty neat battles with J. The fact that she simultaneously took out both Satoshi and Shigeru goes to show how much of a threat she is, being leagues above previous villains. My one key complaint about this episode is the conclusion, in which the client cuts back and J ceases fire. Sure, it proves that she's intelligent enough to know she can't go any farther, but it's a cop-out to make up for the fact that the episode has no time left. In other words, this could have been a two-parter to make up for an anticlimax,o but as it stands, there was never a dull moment in the entire 22 minutes.

A-
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I had always expected Shieldon to appear in Canalave or in Oreburgh since they are supposed to be extinct. Well whatever. I have no idea why they added Gary when he isn't even important anymore but it was ok to see him, even if he didn't play as big of a role as I would have liked. Glad Hunter J returned though. For the lack of an interesting storyline though, it gets a 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 5th November 2010 at 1:47 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast