Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ill-Will Hunting! (513)

This episode was good. It was cool to see a Shieldon in the anime. It was also cool to see Gary, Electivire, and Professor Rowan again. It was also cool to see a Hydro Cannon for the first time. It was funny when Dawn got all excited about Gary’s “poem”.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Today's episode was good. I liked seeing Gary return for an episode and the Shieldon were nice. It seems Gary has matured a lot since he was in Kanto. Maybe even more than Ash? The only thing I didn't like about this episode was Hunter Jay. Seriously, if she tried to steal one of my Pokémon she would get herself a good punch in the face and maybe a beating. I don't care if she is a girl.

It's good to see Gary back. I haven't seen him in a long time. I'm quite disappointed that the voice actors failed to make J's goons and dealers to sound more creepy like Frieza's minions and Orochimaru's servants.

I don't know why but I thought Umbreon was the coolest thing in this episode. That little pose when Gary recalled it was awesome and the way it battled was also great.

Pretty good dube episode. The fights were nice and the Ash/Gary team up was cool. Was disapointed TR didn't run into the gang, Gary would have been shocked to see that there still following him LOL. Hunter J is just as creepy as ever, I hope she returns soon, maybe to give revenge or some thing.

Hydro...Cannon...Sucked...

Other than that, pretty good episode.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Yeah, Hydro Cannon leaves something to be desired.

Why is it that Gary would tell Blastoise to use Water Gun on the truck when it in fact knows Hydro Pump? Speaking of Blastoise, why does it not sound stocked? Then again, Umbreon wasn't so who am I to complain. I don't remember how Umbreon sounded in the old dub though.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

I think Umbreon sounded the same.

Sheldon where adorable^^ And Rowan must have been magic to get over there that fast. Oo I mean considering it took Ash and everyone else a few weeks to get there.

Then again Mt. Cornet is closer... Whatever, you get my point.
    My Platinum FC is 1934-8386-5285
    My HeartGold FC is 0475-0093-3302

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Hydro...Cannon...Sucked...

Other than that, pretty good episode.
    i didn't like it either but maybe it's because it didn't get to do anything.

Shieldon running up to Ash (in the end) was awesome
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    i didn't like it either but maybe it's because it didn't get to do anything.

Shieldon running up to Ash (in the end) was awesome
    Which is sad considering the fact that Blastoise is Gary's starter.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Yeah personally I think Gary's hydro cannon on his blastoise was very blah..
    Although I loved his umbreon when in battle. I love seeing when every he uses that thing!

|SSSC|FireyTide|

Vey good ep, Garys return was great and his Umbreon rocked. I hoped for a longer battle against J with his Blastoise but I guess they had no time to show such a thing.

Having Gary say that much had changed since they last met are kind of symbolic for the show, D/P is different and therefore the characters.

8/10 points.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

I enjoyed this episode it was cool to see Gary back again and it was good to see some Gary/Dawn interaction. I also liked the Sheildon they were kinda cute ^_^. Meeting J again was good as well and i hope she comes back in some other episodes in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Fost325 View Post
    Yeah personally I think Gary's hydro cannon on his blastoise was very blah..
    Although I loved his umbreon when in battle. I love seeing when every he uses that thing!
    Hopefully Hydro Cannon will look more bad *** the next time we see it.

Heh, imagine if a main character (besides Gary) had Umbreon.

I can personally say i thought this episode was pretty freaking dull. I was VERY unhappy to see how they completely dulled Garys character to all the rest of DP characters levels. I miss the fun witty remarks to Ash but at the same time he showed he respected and thought ash was good. Why would professor oak talk about Dawn they barely said a word to eachother and how did Gary know that J wanted Pikachu? I was completely delighted to see Umbreon though and how are they gonna make pikachu look all weak against a freaking golbat?
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

i don't get the point here why are we talking about an epesode that never happened unless your hoping the writers will see the site and use this story
    the lord of darkness

if i wanted to waste my time on you i would tell you so otherwise step back i know where i sleep and where i eat and it isnt near you

^^ wow this episode deffinately did happen...
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

The thing is that they finished his rivalry with Ash. Paul is the main rival now so all of the interaction they had earlier has now developed into something else.

The dub version was just mildly amusing. Liked how Gary reacted to Dawn when she asked for a poem. Then at the end also, she thought it was a poem. Ehh, those are probably the only good parts.

Really well done episode overall, if only a bit too rushed toward the ending. J needs a two-parter for her next appearance.

And Dawn was funny at the end. Her dub voice has really done a well done job with the character, she captures her very well.

This Episode was one of the best of the D/P saga. It set the stage for many future complications Hunter J will bring to our Heroes, and it had the return of Gary...which its pretty cool to see someone from so long ago show up unexpectedly and kick *** doing so.

9/10

And here I thought that guy J was talking to was her boss. Turns out, it was just a client.

Is J a woman or not? I mean, half of the people is this episode referred to her as sir, but the rest referred to her as her or she.
    Jumping on the Friend Safari Bandwagon!
    4167 - 4475 - 9473
    (Has Snorunt, Bergmite & Lapras)

She is obviously a woman.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast