Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback and Suggestions Thread

Hello...

Right, with formalities out of the way, I'd like to present my idea. Well, really, it's an idea from another sub-forum, and I'm just stealing it.

In the Club section, when you first post your club, you have to (or it could be had to; I don't know how things have changed since my sudden disappearing act, which was followed by my recent return) wait for it to be approved basically, until it becomes public, right?

Well, why can't we do this for the RPG SU threads? Y'know, have the RPG mods (well, it'd only take one, really) check if they're within all rules before accepting them, and allowing them to go into public view.

Or, you could ignore me.
    I appreciate that it would add to the Mod's busy workload.
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

The problem with having Sign Ups be moderated is that it's black and white, with no grey area. Where do we draw the line at what's accepted or not? If the plot has 400 words then it's the bare minimum asked for by the rules, so we should allow it. It might be terrible, full of loopholes and have no form to it. Likewise it could be an amazing plot but the character form be small and so should be closed.

Moderated threads can't be opened up for discussion, which is what we try to do here, letting people know what's wrong with their RPGs and where to add and improve things. If we just said NO and killed the topic, then the person posting it will never learn how to do it better. I can see where you're coming from with the suggestion, it would make things easier in the short run, but in the long run there'd be no signs of improvement and then we'd just get the same RPGs from the same people all the time.

On another note, I'm in the process of revamping the rules for the first time in 3 years. So soon there'll be a new Rules topic that covers all three forums.

I noticed this was similar to the idea on the top of this page, but I'll post it anyhow...

Could we have a thread for on-going RPGs to list openings, like in the Sign-Up area? Basically, most people only check the new Sign-up threads and only a few think to check into on-going threads. And when you do check into older sign-up threads, you run the risk of finding a nice one where the main thread has unfortunately died or the GM has given up on it. Or finding a thread that the GM wants no more sign-ups for.

But then GMs also have the problem of once their RPG gets going, those who still hold reserves tend to drop them entirely. Maybe they were busy anyhow, or maybe the reserves thought they couldn't get in because the RPG started. And I've had the problem personally of having players drop out and no one new comes in to fill the void. A single thread for recruitments might slow the death-rate of RPGs.

I'd be willing to make something like that, but I wanted to check first.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Sorry for the late response Ysavvryl (One day I'll be able to spell your username without having to copy it off the screen), I didn't notice the topic had a new reply. As for your suggestion, I like it. I've a pretty good idea of how a topic would be set up, so I'll make something along the lines and put it in the Sign Up Forums ASAP.

Default RPG Contest

Inspired by the Artist/Avatar/Signature/Writer/Poem of the week contests I see, I present the following suggestion:

Let's make a contest for RPG of the week. Or, rather, RPG sign-up of the week. It would not just be your idea of a good RP, but your finished, polished sign-up that you would present to fellow RPers in the sign-up forum.

Here Is How It Would Work:

Me, or Razor, or another mod, would post a quote, or song, or a short poem (or something creative along those lines) once a week. Then the members of the RPG forum would have seven days to create a plot (a "plot sheet") based on that quote/poem/song/ect.

Their work would be PM'ed to the designated contest director and then would be posted for a public vote. In order to avoid bias, they would have to keep which RP is their own quiet and the names of the contestants would not be released until after the voting is done (seven days for the voting period).

Also, the contestants would have to do a short explanation outlining how they leap frog'ed from idea to idea to get their whole plot.

What Would Be Included In the Plot Sheet?

• Your plot, of course!
    • A sign-up sheet for potential RPers
    • Your RP's name
    • Your RP's rules.
    • Any additional information that potential RPers would find useful
    • Any special effects that are not against the contest rules

Among the Things To Be Ironed Out Is...:

Once a week seems a little too much. Maybe once every two weeks? So twice a month the contest would run.

Also, would banners be allowed? As in, a banner for the top of the contestants RP. Since they can't go asking the Graphics Shops on Serebii for a banner to be made and not everyone is a decent graphics artist, I'm not sure if banners should be allowed or not.

And who would run this?
    ~Faith, love 'n hope <3~

I feel like this is a major bump, but...

Is there any thought about splitting the RPG forum? I was thinking if you split it into Pokemon RP's and then Other RP's that could help reduce clutter and keep better organization.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12