Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition (022)

Thumbs down Very, Very Bad.

It was cute, but there were very few other redeeming features to this episode. I was disappointed.

I have never played either of the games, so I'm not one to judge, but I can tell that they did the same thing as the last one and only showed the very first mission of the game. I know it's only a half-hour special, but they could have at least showed snippets of the game. This time they bared a little of the plot, but not enough for it to be interesting, or even for it to seem relevant.

I will admit that they didn't water it down as much in this episode as they did in the previous one. The first two MD games were much more serious than the main franchise, but the episode was basically geared towards five-year-olds. Assuming that Time and Darkness are the same, this one made more sense. Plus the English voice actors didn't sound like they all had a cold this time.

What really bugged me that this was pretty much structured in the exact same way as the episode: Pokemon A meets Pokemon B on beach. Pokemon B says he used to be a human and is not believed. Pokemon A takes Pokemon B with him and they join a team. Pokemon C is concerned about their sibling and the AB team go into a dungeon to help Pokemon C's sibling. On the way they meet Team DEF, who has been beaten up by Pokemon G. Team AB goes and battled Pokemon G, wins, and saves the sibling.

That is what happened in BOTH of the episodes. Come on, guys, you can be a little more original. You don't have to let the games constrain you that much.

I'll just summarize this: it was painfully obvious that this was just a marketing ploy to make you buy the games. Try harder next time.

EDIT: OK, I have to give them credit for the Totoro reference in the opening theme. That was nice.
    Last edited by Faerie; 2nd September 2008 at 7:07 PM. Reason: Link didn't work.

I was stunned speechless when I heard Grovyle's voice.
    It just didn't seem right.
    And I didn't imagine Chatot's voice like that, but it was okay.
    I thought Wigglytuff was a boy, but I guess I was wrong.

It should be a series though.
    Last edited by MarshtompMan; 2nd September 2008 at 7:52 PM.

Join Hachiko's PokeKingdom today!

*Credit to Lucina Archaelis of Subspace Generate Graphics for banner

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    I have never played either of the games, so I'm not one to judge, but I can tell that they did the same thing as the last one and only showed the very first mission of the game.
    Actually, the Shinx mission is a wi-fi/password mission. It's not found in the game during the storyline.

Anyway I'd have to say, they did a pretty good job on the voices. The only one I didn't like was Wigglytuff, but I kind of knew he'd have a bad voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    So that animals in the real world don't have to. Can you imagine how creepy it would be if everytime you saw a spider, it shouted "Spider! Spider!" at you?

I liked the Mystery Dungeon episode. I wish they would make a show off of it.
    My favorite part was when Gabite used Attract on Sunflora.
    I thought it was weird that Wigglytuff sounded like a girl. Isn't it a boy?
    8/10.

meh, i saw it ages ago....I got the DVD free when i bought the game (I live in England, bought it at Woolworths)

It wasn't as good as the first one...It was very disappointing...
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Meh it was the same as the first one just upgrade all the characters to D & P Pokemon, but that said it was enjoyable watching.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I didn't like this special any better than the first one. Honestly, I like the normal episodes because they're good for all ages, not these Mystery Dungeon episodes that make me feel like I'm watching a Nick Jr. show.

That being said, this episode was better than "Team Go-Getters", but it still grates on my nerves. The only one I really liked in the whole special was the corphish. That guy who does Professor Nanba has a great voice, I'll give him that.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post

- Bill Rogers : probably one of the members of team Razor Wind. Not sure either.

~C_L~
    Nope. Not Team Razor Wind. I'm kinda glad that no one was able to guess who I was. It makes me feel more like a vocal chameleon. The unfortunate side effect is that no one knows that I've done what I've done.

goylae is good
    so here a life lesson never get hacked pokemon [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/2jbwj5w.jpg[/IMG]fc:1375 7523 7842 name in diamond: ash-am online also join my website fist 5 to join my website people get a free lv100 legit pokemon here the link http://www.freewebs.com/blazepoke[ it no lie i got a wii so join!!!

persona;ty I didn't some voiced I hated Chatots voice it sounded way way to nerdy I was hopeing for a parrot voice

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Yay!Another PMD movie!lol,sunflora.But how could they beat a Gabite?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Bigger doesn't mean better, haven't people figured that out after 10 years?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Yay!Another PMD movie!lol,sunflora.But how could they beat a Gabite?
    just skill,i guess

I wish they made a PMD animated series, instead of just 2 specials

Power
    The
    ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
    I Have Power
    PLATINUM FC: 3480 8759 5501

I know, I love PMD specials
    Gabite's Attract was freaking classic
    Last edited by sweet_piplup123; 31st October 2008 at 12:24 PM.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Is it just me, or did gabite sound like Dr. Eggman from sonic X.

I love the PMD specials, they should make it into a series. Attract was hilarious, Sunflora cracked me up so much!
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

This was a great episode, got the dvd with the pokemon ds, and my little sister, always begs me to watch it. this never gets old. wish they would actually update or add on to these episodes.
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

Does anyone have this special on DVD? If so, is there a region encoding on it?
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

I hated Sunflora so much. It was really annoying throughtout the special. Personally, I like Dawn's Piplup better than this one.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

i liked it, but i wish they would have continued with go-getters instead
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Can someone explain to me the thing about Piplup and Grovyle being from the future. Was Grovyle a human as well? Because he said a few things that made it seem like he was. First he said that he and Piplup had study the unown text in the future, and He also said that when he first arrived in the planet he enjoyed the sunset. I haven't played the game so I don't really know what is going on there.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Once again we take a trip in to the world of the Pokemon Rescue Teams, this time with a Chimchar, Piplup, & Sunflora. Nice seeing Maddie Blaustein and Rachael Lillis return to lend their vocal talents. It was a good episode, I like how they purposely design them so you want to play the game to find out more about the story.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

It was very good. Much closer to the actual games than the first PMD special at least.

Liked that Piplup, Chimchar, and Sunflora teamed up to aid Shinx's sister. Gabite being voiced by Billy Beach was expected. He voices every other character nowadays.

I liked that Meowth's 4Kids VA returned to voice Chatot. Her last Pokemon dubbing job...R.I.P Maddie. 9/10

Great episode, i loved to see how Chimchar and Piplup handle well vs the Gabite.

And i liked to see the Sunflora.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast