Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A-Maze-ing Race! (514)

I set my alarm for the episode, But I missed it anyways x_x

Seeing the japanese version, I thought it was a little interesting..

But uh, If I may ask, How much of a music problem did the dub have?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post

I had questions about the music myself. It sounded.... old Oo It was from other shows as far as I know.
    My Platinum FC is 1934-8386-5285
    My HeartGold FC is 0475-0093-3302

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post

There was one scene with a low quality horrendous music...

It was like they took the music from the actual games and like pasted it in the episode. Really bad.

I have to say that I love Pachi. When it got emo because the pokemon were fighting I thought it was absolutely cute.

I loved the ep. Lots of funny things, the quarrel between Dawns Pokemon which ended in a Discharge and Ash "now that you got that out of your system maybe we can be civilzated" or something. The beginning with the failed Posion Jab was great etc. Paul beeing interupted time after time...

Anyway as a sidenote, I can see Paul with a Fearow, that Pokemon suits him very well.

8,5/10 points
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

lol when Brock asked Paul if he knew where ash was and paul just looked at him like i cant be bothered with you. I also liked the pikachu/ bunery/ happiny moment that was funny
    When ash went ill save you dawn and brock and thats when i worry i found that funny. This was a funny episode in my opinion and also when the onix started appearing as well
    Aww starvavia got caught by team rocket

My favorite moment

Ash imagines Dawn getting hurt.

Dawn: "No need to Worry!"
    Ash: "That's when I worry the most!"

Meowth keeps getting some of the best lines in the D/p episodes..

"Poifecto!"

"Quick! Time to save face!"
    *covers up*

*Golems and Gravelers*
    "What is this? Rush hour?!"

I thought this episode was really amazing(no pun). Alot of comedy around the bend, good amounts of music kept too. Some stunning filler animation with the Onix, Ash even ignored his fears and played pokemon master with his first D/P water type. Some great reactions and attack amounts and not just an onix's face exploding to hide the effects. Another episode with pokemon and all characters getting their needed attention was well done. The irony of it all was one of the best ways to end it too.

Paul was out of nowhere but he sure knows how to do a cameo right.

Brock called the walls 'surprisingly thin' but even if he layed down across that wall would've still been thicker. A wall 6 feet thick really needed such excessive pounding. Sudowoodo could've mimic his first water attack, but he pulled the Mime Jr. card instead. Pretty sweet.

Staravia suggesting using itself like all useless birds was new. Brock must have forgotten he had it by its side, is it really that lifeless?

I also noticed Dawn flipping Paul off as he was tied up with Fearow with a quote along these lines:

Dawn: "Pardon me for living!"

Could this be implying something to the hardcore pokemon trainers?

9/10 Alot of varied and entertaining scenes in this. Compelling episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    There was one scene with a low quality horrendous music...

It was like they took the music from the actual games and like pasted it in the episode. Really bad.
    A 10 second piece of music ruined an entire scene for you?

I could understand if it went for nearly a minute, but a hijinx that quick was simply rather random and interesting to come up. I thought pokemon were gonna dance and take it old fashioned in the ring for a moment there.

Well, time for me to say my thoughts on this episode. I gotta say, it was particularly entertaining. The fact that the maze is this episode was nothing more than a short-cut, proposed by Team Rocket no less made it rather funny.

The fact that Dawn is doing all of this to get her Poketch Application wasn't the best use of 20 minutes. Not only that, but the fact that it was a simple "coin flip" Application made me wonder if the Poketch was another "GS ball" type plot device. Simply because this isn't an Application I can see her using all that often, I mean were dealing with a coin flipping Application. However, like all kid shows, she uses it to decide which path they should take; which usually isn't the best method to use . Another Application would have somewhat worth the whole episode. The "map marker" Application could definitely see more uses than this one. Heck, the "counter", "pedometer", or something other than the coin flipper would have been much more useful.

With the Pokémon center, at first right before Brock gets Poison Jabbed, I had thought that he evaded it. Wasn't till I saw Dawn running for the exit that I realized what had really happened.

The whole maze thing was pretty neat, seeing as how everybody got split up attempting to find the exit. Although, you'd think Dawn would have remembered her map reading skills aren't exactly "useable", though I doubt Brock or Ash would have had any more luck with, regardless that it was fake.

Team Rocket seemed intelligent in this ep, due to them having "back-up" plans, which they never seem to have. Honestly, for the photoshoot, I was sort of expecting the classic pitfall trap to be employed. Of course, if that was the case, the main part of the episode would have likely not have occurred.

Now, the maze itself had some very funny parts to it. The part with Paul as a cameo was particularly funny, mostly because after Ash had talked to him, I guessed that later on, both Dawn and Brock would eventually do the exact same thing. And what made it funnier, was the Paul got more and more irritated by the time Brock came 'round. Initially, with Ash, I was half expecting him to mutter "pathetic" after Ash left, but I think that at this point he really couldn't care less about him. That and he was relatively preoccupied.

What urks me the most, is that when Onix was charging for Dawn, Croagunk used Brick Break to create a Fissure in the wall just 'big' enough for Dawn to 'squeeze' into (if you haven't already guessed, I'm emphasizing that she's very skinny.). So, if Croagunk was able to do that with 1 Brick Break, why did it take everyone to break through that one wall? Chances are, it was one of those time fillers, where they have to fill in a couple extra minutes to actually break through.

What also gets at me, is that of all the Pokémon Team Rocket had the chance to steal, they went for Staravia first. So, in this case, catching Pikachu is there biggest plan, yet anything else is also fair game. Well, then this means that 11 years proves that catching anything is an accomplishment. While I'm here, I know this would never happen, but for once, I would like Ash and co. to realize that it is Team Rocket without TR removing their disguises. I mean, even in disguises that don't change much, its as if they hardly recognize them. Just once. Even if Ash and co. are forced to get their memory wiped afterwards to prevent them from knowing this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Angel View Post
    Liked everytime Paul tried to catch the fearow someone kept intrupting him from doing so.
    I think Paul was fed up by the second time, Brock just appeared at the wrong time.

edit: well, I may as well add some stuff here. My sister hogged the computer and I was forced to post this using the Wii's Internet Browser. Needless to say, there are things that are about to be cleaned up and modified.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 21st January 2008 at 3:44 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    A 10 second piece of music ruined an entire scene for you?

I could understand if it went for nearly a minute, but a hijinx that quick was simply rather random and interesting to come up. I thought pokemon were gonna dance and take it old fashioned in the ring for a moment there.
    He asked about the music and I answered that there was bad music. I never said I didn't enjoy the scene just that the music was really bad. It was a critic about the music, not about the scene.

Maybe you need to read the posts better instead of putting words on other people's mouth.

It was good. No, actually it was great. Almost all of the translations were exactly what the Japanese version had so I'm happy about that. Music was ok, even though there were a bunch of edits. And then the rest, purely good comical scenes everywhere. Overall, they did better than I thought they would have done.

EDIT: x_x I hate post lag.

This was a pretty funny episode. Plenty of humour, from Team Rocket, Dawn & Croagunk, the Pokemon and, of course Pauls hilarious little cameos.
    3DS Friend Code: 3265-6486-6600. We're all mates, right?

I liked this episode, especially how Paul tried to catch the Fearow and everyone keeps interrupting him. That was the best part.
    BUNP

Well, I just caught the episode.

It was quite a good dub episode, the music didn't bother me (seems as if a majority or maybe a little less was kept), and the lines seemed decent.

When Advance Adventure started played I nearly freaked, but then I remembered that 4kids kept that song all the time. Lol.

Anyone else notice that after Pachirisu had Discharged the whole group, Team Rocket had PLENTY of time to get away, but chose to stick around?

and just for the record, Were the signs in the PC at the end blank in the japanese version too?
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 22nd January 2008 at 12:59 AM.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

yeh, paul got real annoyed cause every time he found fearow..."hey paul have u seen ash/dawn/brock?" then after they finished the fearow had gone away

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

Paul never really got to catch that Fearow.

What's with all the Graveler and Golem rolling around randomly? I know they were trying to get away from Onix, but...

Wait, Croagunk's able to Brick Break a wall to save Dawn, but it can't do the same when the group was trying to reunite? I think I'm missing something.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Quote Originally Posted by CabbyFish View Post
    Paul never really got to catch that Fearow.

What's with all the Graveler and Golem rolling around randomly? I know they were trying to get away from Onix, but...

Wait, Croagunk's able to Brick Break a wall to save Dawn, but it can't do the same when the group was trying to reunite? I think I'm missing something.
    My thoughts exactly. Unless it was one of those moments where people can exert unknown strenght in the most desperate of situations, I guess the same could be said for Pokémon. That or Croagunk must have gotten really lucky.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I understand that Paul was really annoyed getting interupted but what did he say to Ash & Co, even though he seemingly said nothing to Ash himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    He asked about the music and I answered that there was bad music. I never said I didn't enjoy the scene just that the music was really bad. It was a critic about the music, not about the scene.

Maybe you need to read the posts better instead of putting words on other people's mouth.
    To be fair: You took a simple question as a derogatory comment, even though I never stated anything on your behalf. The reason why I saw into that comment was since you called a 10-sec piece of music out of the minutes it took to break the wall, its own scene.

I really had no idea, nor was I going to assume, that you divided scenes by the seconds of music track that are randomly scattered and changing about. And unless you were being specific, you shouldn't have expected any more.

This was such a cute episode...one of the better "split up group" plots they've done. You can tell they really wanted to put Dawn with Croagunk for awhile.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Corzola View Post
    I loved the ep. Lots of funny things, the quarrel between Dawns Pokemon which ended in a Discharge and Ash "now that you got that out of your system maybe we can be civilzated" or something. The beginning with the failed Posion Jab was great etc. Paul beeing interupted time after time...

Anyway as a sidenote, I can see Paul with a Fearow, that Pokemon suits him very well.

8,5/10 points
    LOL, maybe Paul will get a Fearow by the Sinnoh league.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    To be fair: You took a simple question as a derogatory comment, even though I never stated anything on your behalf. The reason why I saw into that comment was since you called a 10-sec piece of music out of the minutes it took to break the wall, its own scene.

I really had no idea, nor was I going to assume, that you divided scenes by the seconds of music track that are randomly scattered and changing about. And unless you were being specific, you shouldn't have expected any more.
    Why are you making such a big deal of a simple piece of freaking music?

I said the music was bad and there was nothing else to it. There's nothing that needs analysis or thought process in this. I didn't like that piece of music and when I heard it the first time I definitely thought it was bad. I didn't affect my enjoyment of the episode and it didn't affect my moments of laughs in it.

I wonder if Paul managed to catch his Fearrow...

Not the greatest episode, but it was fun watching the twerps and their pokemon get separated and try to get back together. I especially enjoyed watching Happiny help bust down the wall. LOL

My favorite part, though, had to be the part when Ash imagines Dawn getting squeezed by an onix and saying "No need to worry", then Ash says that's when he worries the most.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I loved this episode its my fav.
    Why because it was funny. Also they "Twerps" got to use the others pokemon. You have to love this episode. My fav in the whole DP series

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast