Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Ideas of Using the Pokeradar on Stupid Areas

Default Your Ideas of Using the Pokeradar on Stupid Areas

Right guys, this has been bothering me, and im sure it has been bothering a lot of people too (well for professional pokeradar users :P). I want to know what peoples ideas are on using the pokeradar on stupid areas such as Route 228 (Sandstorm Route) or Route 216 (Snowy route). I wanna know how you people can use it on impossible areas like these.
    It's been happening to a lot of people like say for example you wanted to chain on Route 228 because you want to chain Beldum, because your swarm is Beldum or even chain for the pokeradar pokemon such as Trapinch or Vibrava.
    Or in the snowy route you wanted to chain Snover or Swinub(swarm)

Cumon guys! give your ideas.
    Last edited by Leona; 19th September 2007 at 8:41 PM.

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

I usually tilt my DS a certain way so that I can see the shaking patches. Unfortunately, I can't get a chain higher than 20 in the Sandstorm. It's easier to go farther down to Route 216 where the snow isn't blowing so hard. I can't see the patches shaking on Route 217..
    Last edited by Twilit Dragoon; 19th September 2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: wrong storm XP

I was told Snorunt swarm on Lake Acuity, but have never found them actually on the lake. It's utterly impossible for me to chain in Snow/Sandstorm though. I guess shinies there were meant to be super rare.

I tried to chain in a snowstorm, just for the heck of it. I got 11 sneasel as my highest chain >.<

I can only get as high as a 5 chain in both sandstorm and hail...In the ashes near Mt.Stark, perhaps about 10.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

My best chain in hail or a sandstorm was 6 Dugtrio, becuses i was training my EV's not trying for a shiny.

Note: I think chaining for shinys is a really stupid thing to do they are meant to be rare.
    Pokemon Black.
    Trainer Name: Ben
    FC: 4083 8064 6281

Incass i can help, i can Breed: Snivy, Cyndaquil, Todadile and Zorua

Looking for: Looking for all starters, primary Turtwig and Torchic.
    Also alooking for Rhyhorn, Magby, Elekid, Porygon, Magnemite, Probopase,

my best chain in a sandstorm was 6 beldum shame its so hard to chain in wheater shiny metagross pwns.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Kind of off-topic but try chaining something in the fog.(Without clearing it) It seems that in the codeing Nintendo put the fog under the chain animation.
    It's hard to explane but try it for yourself and you'll see what I mean.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Holy crap you got a lot of shinies. Anyway the best i've ever done in a sandstorm was 3 beldum. It's so hard to see.
    In the mist Dark Figures move and twist, was all this for Real or just some kind of Hell

Hell and Fire, was spawned to be released

the highest chain i've had in the snowstorm area is 13 ursaring, lol. i found it easier to see the shaking patches of grass in the morning, rather than at later on in the day or at night. in the sandstorm bit i think i only ever got up to 3 or something, and that was chaining hippowdon's to try get a female.

| Twin | Bishies |
    | Credit | Trade |

Snowstorm is extremely hard to chain in.

Sandstorm of course is very possible to do. Be in the darkest place possible (Middle of the night in your room with the lights off) have your DS's time setting so it is during the day. (The brightest time) And tilt your screen a little. You are able to see every patch. I can get pretty high with chains in these but... I haven't tried chaining since August.

SkittyOnWailord- Amazing find. (I tested it)

Myself- I just chain for getting my pokemon EV trained and after I'm done with that, go for a shiny. lol (works everytime)
    Last edited by shadow3944; 20th September 2007 at 2:59 PM.
    Long Lost Legend
    |Favorite Pokemon: Umbreon| Twin: AngelLatias| Shinies Caught: 200+| Pokedex: 492|
    ~Master of shadows~

I used it in the snow areas....I could see it barely with the lights out, but one patch was shiny and I didn't realize it until I came across a shiny female Machoke.

Haven't tried in the sandstorm yet though......
    In every game, I have trained one Pokemon to be my partner and friend. He has never let me down, and I will continue to befriend one in every game i Play.....
    His name?

I am a trainer of Abra.....

I got a chain of 41 beldum in a sandstorm once. The 41st was a shiny, but it struggled itself to death. T-T I accidentally broke my chain soon after, and I may never get another chance at a shiny beldum. xD Tis sad.

Anyway, I was able to get it that high by setting the brightness on my DS Lite at the highest setting, and chaining only the sparkling patches. It also helps to tilt the screen towards you just a bit, and look at it from above.

Stealthy Ninja Mario - A Crossover through Realms

@>-{Click to see my shinies}- (Currently not trading) | -{Hunting Shinies with the Pokeradar}-<@
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I was SHUKO-CHAN from NSider. Long live the Yoshis of the world!

Lol. I got a 37 Chain of Sneasel in Route 216, but then the Pokeradar stopped working for some reason. NO SHINY.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTyphlosion157 View Post
    Lol. I got a 37 Chain of Sneasel in Route 216, but then the Pokeradar stopped working for some reason. NO SHINY.
    lol it takes time kid

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

I can't get past 5 in the sandstorm. >_>
    I sometimes flip my DS Directions to see the shaking. ^_^
    R A i B L A D E

its easy to chain in snowstorm routes when its not snowing(diamond dust thingy)
    Guess where meditite
    got its design from?

Lol, I know a guy who got 40 (and a shiny Beldum) on the sandstorm route xP.

When I first started out chaining I use to chain in really small areas, then I found out that it was hopeless to do so, so I moved on and the first shiny I got was a shiny tyrougue on the route next to eterna city my record of a shiny has been the lowest yet encounter 2.
    S.H.L DIBS
    Here Come An EARTHQUAKE!!!

I once got 30 Sneasles in the snow...
    but that was fluke.
    I wasn't trying.

The way i do it in the snow is tilt the ds so you're looking at it sorta from the top =/

that way the patches are easier to see..

got a chain of about 43 skarmorys this way...
    but that's ash sooo.....

TIP: If you're chaining Beldum in a sandstorm, have a Magnet Puller first slot of your party. I know it is really old news but you'd be suprised how many people don't know of it.

woohoo i take the cake here lol, 43 on beldum, and i followed these steps:

step 1: chain in daytime ONLY any other time DO NOT BOTHER
    step 2: turn ur ds's light to maximum (level 4)
    step 3: stop for 2 seconds each time u reset and watch closely, even the dim patches will shake a lil though very hard to see
    step 4: to increase security walk 1 patch left then come back to start point (1 patch right) and repeat 25 times so u wont break ur chain due to stepping in wrong grass
    step 5: high level of confidence and keep reminding urself, "impossible is nothing"

hope i helped

EDIT: oh i forgot to mention, theres time frames between what "matter" flies in the sandstorm, for me every around 5 seconds a few green leaves flow, and square rocks continuously flow for 9 seconds and stops for like 1 seconds which leaves dust only, this is best time to reset radar and see the aptches more clear, also if u close ur ds then flip it back on and can get the reset right after the flip u will see the patch without too much snadstorm matter as well, but tahts harder than jsut taking around 2 or 3 mintues to observe the pattern of sandstorm then choosing best time to reset radar.

hope people can follow these and get beldums/swinubs
    Last edited by freedom-123; 27th September 2007 at 12:39 PM.

original design by :SkittyonWailord..the awesome mod^^

I take it, after what people talk about screen brightness and tilting the screen, that those who use DS Lites are at an advantage over those who use a regular DS. (I got the original DS, first shipment.)

with a normal NDS it could be very difficult

Its really hard for me to chain there. I got up to 6 sneasels in the snow and I got 3 hippowdons in the sandstorm. However I got 16 camerupt on route 228. It's my 4th highest chain ever.
    MY FRIEND CODE 3136 3365 0001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast