Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sandshrew's Locker! (515)

I like that episode seeing Dawn in a bikini owns, yeah.
    Oh and about the episode, it was nice that Mira was cool and Gyrados was fine.

yeah, the episode was still great

Credit goes to DEXTER for this funny fanart?!

I actually found this episode pretty boring. The only thing that saved it was the fact they reached Hearthome city. 5/10 Meh.
    Little known fact: I'm a figment of your imagination.

I must say when I first watched the episode, it didn't feel like I was watching a TAJ dubbed episode at all. It was done so well, it was almost as if 4Kids did this one. To bad it was the only one that season.

I'm pretty sure Mira's Abra sounds just like Sabrina's Abra, and Sandshrew sounds just like AJ's Sandshrew.

I really liked how the Team Rocket Training School was refrenced by James.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

This was one of my favorite episode next two the mismagus and Lucario episodes. Mira is one of my top 5 favorite characters and tricking Ash and friends and Team Rocket was funny but where and how can she get all the underwater breathing gear and how could you find a pokeball with pokemon in it? Anyway it was great episode and I hop we see Mira again.

Not a great episode, but I have to say the most memorable part is when the twerps and Mira dive down and see the entire town underwater. That was one haunting image. I can see why they didn't do anything more than show it in the dub, but it made it kind of spooky that people were once living there and now it'll be unliveable for years, if ever again.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Buizel was in it, so i'm happy.

Hmmm Mira they said it like M-ira I always say Mi-ra
    Anyways Abra should be Kabrabra which got me abit mad
    Her missing Pokeball I was hoping for Kabrbra or something a new Sinnoh Pokemon oh well

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Quote Originally Posted by DanChimchar View Post
    Her missing Pokeball I was hoping for Kabrbra or something a new Sinnoh Pokemon oh well
    I though it would've been a Eevee but never did I though it would be a Sandshrew.
    Is just me or dose Mira's Pigtails change size from time to time? sometime it the same size as the one in her art work then other time it different size, Anyone else notices this?
    Last edited by darklord18; 13th October 2008 at 9:29 AM.

Hmmm Mira they said it like M-ira I always say Mi-ra
    That is the only way to pronounce it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    I though it would've been a Eevee but never did I though it would be a Sandshrew.
    Is just me or dose Mira's Pigtails change size from time to time? sometime it the same size as the one in her art work then other time it different size, Anyone else notices this?
    Yeah I noticed that about he ponytails as well.
    A Eevee I would have rather liked to see like a Gible or something like that even a Bronzor lol

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Yeah I noticed that about he ponytails as well.
    A Eevee I would have rather liked to see like a Gible or something like that even a Bronzor lol
    When I first saw this I was thinking the people who did is episode were bad because there were some error that were real easy to pick out .

1 her Pigtails/ponytails or whatever you call then size kept changing.
    2 during the scen where Mira talking to the Ash and the group and send out abra, her stocking are gone.
    3 when Mira and Abra were caught in the net, while they were being pull away she and abra didn't have the breather thing on while it show as team rocket were leaving they had them on.
    4 during the chase, Buizel's spots that are on it back disappear. (Credits goes to Bulbapedia as I didn't see it.)
    and did anyone else notice that when sandshrew use sandstorm it hit a ground type when it shouldn't.

And I wonder why they made a dam and did anyone see the stuff in locker where the pokeball was. it look like someone forgot to pick them up before they left? and was any different in the Japaneses version to English version. (Dialogue wise.) (hope is isn't breaking the rules.)
    Last edited by darklord18; 14th October 2008 at 7:09 AM.

This episode was a little strange, but okay. Mira's appearance was a bit awkward, I'm just noticing a lot of the mistakes the animators made. Like with the ponytails. Still, likeable enough.

/\ But you got to like the way she trick Team rocket with I'm your biggest fan line long an though to teleport away.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

Yeah, that was funny. Team Rocket sure are easy to dupe. Feel sorry for the Sandshrew though, if it had been there as long as Mira said it had been. The Gyrados was rather vicious, then again, they generally are. The Carvahna rocket launcher thing of TR's was cool.

Rank Up time!

/\ I think it was left there for a week - month, because most of the tree still had leafs on them.
    But how in the world can a Gyarados fit in that school building let alone be in a dam?

The only sad thing was the all the mistake, it remind me of early Kanto. But them again they never really had someone like Mira before.

But the battle against team rocket went to fast and I would've like it if she use Abra instead of sandshrew.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

i saw this episode not too long ago, mira's ponytails changed size sometimes that must have been a mistake:P

Momi was a dry character that got a pretty decent arc. Mira, on the other hand, is a pretty fun character that gets a terrible episode. Since the whole dark cave thing was never shown, I suppose the writers felt they had to shoehorn Mira into some sort of episode, no matter how pointless, and this was not only pointless, but it was pointless in a very dull way. Mira herself is easily this episode's bright point, whose quirky personality emits a little charm into it. But the entire plot here is just boring, not to mention it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You'd think there would be an underwater search-and-rescue team trying to retrieve valuables - and in Sandshrew's case - freaking lives. And who the hell would build a giant dam above a town, anyways (which would likely have destroyed the buildings altogether in rushing water)?

Maybe I'm thinking way too deeply into this. Regardless, there's no escaping how boring this episode is otherwise. Gyarados really had ought to be replaced by something like Qwilfish at this point, just to spice things up. Like Ursaring and Steelix, would it really kill the writers to have a non-****ish Gyarados? Regardless, the underwater battles were all poorly-scripted, as was the TR interference. One interesting thing to note here iks the use of Abra instead of Kadabra, which combined with both Kadabra's TCG absence and its long-term anime absence, raises peculiar suspicions of that whole Uri Geller scenario. Or maybe I'm just continuing to make stuff up since I'd rather not talk about this actual episode. Here's hoping Mai gets some better treatment. In the meantime, fortunately this is the last bad episode for a while.

D+
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Nice episode, kinda funny how the size of Mira's Ponytail keep changing ^-^;
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Episode was awesome. I liked that underwater town and Gyarados...
    The only annoying thing I found in it are TR as usual...

This episode just wasn't what I would have liked. I thought Mira would have gotten a bigger episode like Cheryl got. Mira got an odd debut episode and the story was sort of iffy in my opinion. I liked the adventure aspect of this episode with Sandshrew stuck in a PokeBall under the lake, but the rest was sort of bland and unnecessary. At least Mira looked cute. 3/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 8th November 2010 at 6:36 PM.

Sandshrew was strong, although he did not fight so long time.

And i loved how Mira helped them to get the next town.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was OK, could have been better.

This episode was good, exploring a wrecked ship to find Sandshrew. Good thing Sandshrew was still alive and well. And Mira was kind of cute.

This episode was good, exploring a wrecked ship to find Sandshrew. Good thing Sandshrew was still alive and well. And Mira was kind of cute.

It was an alright episode, I did like how Mira tricked TR into believing she actually wanted to join their team and then teleported away, only if more people like Mira would trick them and escape/rescue their own Pokemon without Ash and co having to do it (Or blasting them off in mid motto like Paul did).

I felt sorry for Sandshrew, it was down in there for a while and could not escape. I guess Pokemon that aren't ordered to released are doomed to stay in them (Like Gastly and Haunter in OI with the haunted ship). Gyarados was pretty fierce but it wouldn't be a Gyarados if it wasn't.

I do think that it was a bit stupid for the dam to be over it, and if they had the same to evacuate shouldn't they have the time to save many things. Makes me wonder if some people died down there (But we wouldn't know since it's an anime)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast