Thread: I've made design concepts of a few Pokemon for a hypothetical Southeast Asian region.

Default I've made design concepts of a few Pokemon for a hypothetical Southeast Asian region.

I've been interested in the thought of a Pokemon region based on Southeast Asia ever since early speculation of Sun and Moon caught the Tide Song Hotel's resemblance to a hotel in Singapore. So I've made a few Pokemon concepts for this hypothetical region, which I've provisionally named Sessia.

Sixty Pokemon concepts, to be precise. Almost all are based on wildlife that can be found in Southeast Asia; most are also fairly unique to and/or iconic of the area. For my purposes, I've envisioned Sessia to mostly cover Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia, perhaps with a bit of Thailand, and borrowing just a little bit from the Philippines.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a visual designer, so I haven't done any artwork for them. Also, nothing here has been balance tested, naturally. I went for flavour and interesting mechanics more than balance, though I did give some mind to not being too crazy. I can think of a few that might end up being considered OP in an actual game, though.

I should also clarify that I am not making a fan game. I haven't got the knowledge, skills, time, or patience to actually do that. These are just some ideas that I've come up with while bored. Think of it as the accumulation of several months' worth of napkin scribbles and lazy Sundays.

Anyway, here is a spreadsheet containing a basic listing of all the Pokemon and their typings, some mockup stat spreads (again, not balance tested), and a few new abilities, moves, and items:

Listings

Here is a document containing more information on each Pokemon. This includes gender ratios, evolution conditions, classifications, sizes and weights, typings, abilities, and a bit of Pokedex-style flavour text to give a feel for what the Pokemon should be like:

Field Guide, First Edition

And here is a companion document containing a sort of developer's notes on the inspiration behind each Pokemon and its name, plus some other babblings:

Field Notes, First Edition

Just thought it'd be fun to share, and get some opinions/feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessian View Post
    Just thought it'd be fun to share, and get some opinions/feedback.
    You might have better luck in the designated forum.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You might have better luck in the designated forum.
    I haven't got any artwork, though. It's all words. Would that still qualify?

Ohh, fairy/fighting and dark/fairy :3 I like~

Yeah, that would be neat if there's a region based on that part of the world :3 creative.
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

Honestly, it really irks me when nearly every single Pokémon in a Dex is a dual type.

Thanks for sharing! I'm not creative enough to do anything like this, but it's really interesting to see the culmination of several hours' of your thoughts. I went to the fan art page as well--to see where something like this may potentially belong--but being that you don't have artwork, I'm also confused as to where a "better" place would be.
    Serebii lurker.