Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miraculous Rare Encounters

Default Miraculous Rare Encounters

Ever go into an area either knowing or hoping for that rare encounter? Well in my case, the encounters were planned. However the means of successful capture were far from predictable. I've enjoyed the classic GBA Gen 3 remakes of Red and Blue countless times; as the originals are at the top of my all time favorite video games list. FireRed and LeafGreen have their ups and downs, but I always find myself coming back to my favorite android powered emulator to play through that iconic Kanto region. Recently I decided to once again go for that complete Pokedex, and found myself in need of some rare legendary bird Pokemon... You know those three My point being, I've never had the privilege of catching all 3 on my first encounter with 1 UltraBall each! What a rush! I had my party and strategies all planned out. Save files in order... Unbeknownst to me, save files are obsolete! I was lucky enough through all three encounters to land a successful capture after my initial combo on each rare bird Pokemon. To reiterate; 1 combo, 1 UltraBall, 1 legendary...

Thoughts? Similar situations?

All are welcome to questions or comments. I was just so excited I had to post!

Resting for now, wake me with a PokeFlute...

Snorrrlaaax

My Quick Ball instantly working on Tapu Koko, and obtaining all Ultra Beasts in one Beast Ball
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Once while playing SoulSilver I managed to catch Mewtwo in an Ultra Ball on the first move. Usually I paralyze it or put it to sleep first, and then get it's HP down as low as I can without fainting it, but this time I just threw the Ultra Ball first thing and it worked! I was in a state of shock for about ten minutes after that.

During my first Crystal playthrough, I remember catching a Raikou I have just encountered for the first time at full health with just one Fast Ball.

I somehow managed to encounter a shiny Terrakion in less than 50 resets, and I wasn't even trying for a shiny, just looking for one with good IVs for a competition. I didn't have my Master Ball on me, but I was able to catch it and I still have it to this day. The kicker? I found another shiny Terrakion on a different save file about a month after the first one. I caught it, but in my quest to get a decent Pokemon for competitive, I ended up soft-resetting over it deliberately because I didn't have any other save files available and I didn't want to play through the whole game again. (Yes, I still regret that decision.)

Another lucky encounter was in my first playthrough of Diamond; I was wandering through Turnback Cave trying to find Giratina. When I finally got to its room, I was so excited that I forgot to save in front of it before I battled it. I then realized I only had about 15 Ultra Balls on me, and I had already pretty much accepted that I'd have to get all the way through the cave again. I didn't have to, because I caught it with the last Ultra Ball I had. I think I sat there in shock for a good couple minutes before I could process what happened.
    Last edited by Crimson Penguin; 7th May 2017 at 5:10 AM.
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 13200 REs | White 2 BQ #8 - Giant Chasm - 20400 REs | Platinum BQ #3 - Eevee - 1000 SRs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 1000 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 - 7000 REs | Sun Trial Quest #4 - Wela Volcano Park - 4500 REs

Latest shiny:

Platinum BQ #2 - 5528 REs - 6/18/17

There's so many wars we've fought, and so many things we're not
    But with what we have, I promise you that we're marchin' on

The first Pikachu that I encountered in a recent run of Platinum was carrying a Light Ball. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, lol.
    irreplaceable friends!
    Kek

The only thing I can think of is encountering Raikou in Route 37 in a Soulsilver nuzlocke as my first encounter on the route and managing to catch it in a Fast Ball from full health before it could run. Kind of cheapened the Nuzlocke though, having a level 40 pokémon already when you're at 3 badges.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Obtaining all Ultra Beasts in one Beast Ball
    Same. Wanted Beast Balls for other captures.
    Living Bank/Dex complete.

Campions beaten: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola.

Shiny Collection: ,654,694,716,717,769

I remember visiting Mt Pyre in Sapphire and casually exploring the area just to listen to the BGM, then suddenly finding a Chimecho. I wasn't looking for one although I needed one for my Dex, so it was cool how I was able to find such a rare Pokemon by accident. :]

Finding Nameless Cavern in ORAS completely blind, while having a whole bunch of Poke Balls to fill the Pokedex in other areas. I'd call that miraculous.

Also, this isn't an encounter, but I caught the obligatory-to-encounter Red Gyarados with my last Poke Ball. That was an epic moment of my life.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomer View Post
    Same. Wanted Beast Balls for other captures.
    It helps that since two of them have a catch rate of 255, throwing a Beast Ball on them is like throwing a Master Ball on them

My brother caught either Xerneas or Groudon (I forgot which one) with a Quick Ball.
    As for me, does it count that I caught a shiny Nidoran in LeafGreen's Safari Zone? It could have fled, but it didn't. Oh, and I was actually looking for Chansey at the time.

I met a wild Kangaskhan at Wela Volcano Park in Sun. The chance of it appearing is 1%, so I felt rather lucky afterwards. Also on Sun, when I went back into the Abandoned Megamart after completing the Trial there, the very first Pokemon I ran into was a Mimikyu, which has a 5% chance of appearing. In comparison, it took me forever to find one in Moon. I was also able to find both Comfey and Passimian very quickly on Sun. I feel like it has been my lucky game recently.

One other rare encounter I remember is that I once found a wild Yanma on SoulSilver when they weren't swarming, the chance of finding one under such circumstances is 1%.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

I think I caught like three legendaries in BW and B2W2 with a Dusk Ball in the first turn by playing at night and catching them in caves. I have a feeling they were Regirock, Kyurem and either Cobalion or Terrakion.
    Banner by me!

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

I recently found Chansey and Scyther quite early on inside the Safari Zone in FR. By early I mean within less than 100 steps. I couldn't catch them though and I haven't found either one since. This was also my very first time finding Scyther in the wild there in both the original and remakes. I also pulled up a Dratini while fishing as the third Pokémon that I hooked in the same Safari Zone visit. I also found a Shiny Vanillite literally in the middle of a hoarde, a Shiny Durant that literally ambushed me, and a Shiny Furfrou all in X. Then in OR I caught a male Shiny Combee.
    Last edited by Captain Jigglypuff; 16th May 2017 at 7:09 PM.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Caught a shiny Venomoth in the FRLG Safari Zone, and then a shiny Venonat in the same place the very next day.
    Currently Playing

White 2 Version

I caught Dialga and Palkia in a row with the first Ultra ball I threw at each of them in Platinum.
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    3DS Name: Elliott

Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

I easily caught Dhelmise. Why is this Pokemon so rare? It's amazing and cool and I still use it on my team.
    I'm a young boy with a lot to prove.

Restarted Black 2, got a shiny Snivy as my starter.

I also got a female Oshawott the very first time I booted up B2 after getting the game. I wasn't even trying to get a female starter! I named her Ottelle and still have her in my Moon game.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

When I started up my Moon copy I got a female Litten first time without even intending for it. Didn't stop me from naming her Meowstache as per intended though.

Edit: this literally just happened. I was trying to get an Emolga via Phenomenon on Route 5 in White, and as my fourth Phenomenon encounter I found a Chinccino, which has a 5% encounter rate. I'm not sure whether to be ecstatic or infuriated - this thing has a lower encounter rate than Emolga and I found it first - but I'm still gonna catch it anyway.

Double edit: and I killed it by accident. Goddamn my luck...

Triple edit: the f**k I found a second one and caught it!
    Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 17th May 2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

The one that sticks out the most to me is finding not one, but two full odd shiny Pokémon in Moon before I even beat the game. I wasn't even looking for them either. Granted, they have terrible natures, but I would still call this miraculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanisticMoth View Post
    I caught Dialga and Palkia in a row with the first Ultra ball I threw at each of them in Platinum.
    That's because their catch rates are so high. This is very common.
    I couldn't come up with a good signature

*takes a deep breath*

Spoiler:- tl;dr, i have a lot of lucky memories.:

*exhales*
    Last edited by AmethystLeslie; 17th May 2017 at 7:43 PM.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3

3 shiny hunted, 24 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi100 View Post
    My brother caught either Xerneas or Groudon (I forgot which one) with a Quick Ball.
    As for me, does it count that I caught a shiny Nidoran in LeafGreen's Safari Zone? It could have fled, but it didn't. Oh, and I was actually looking for Chansey at the time.
    Safari Zone shinies are inherently miraculous, so well done. Was it a male or female Nidoran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast