Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: When Did You Become A Fan Of Pokemon?

Default When Did You Become A Fan Of Pokemon?

About When Gen. 3 Came Out
    Noobs For The Win!

Same with me, I bought Ruby version after my bro bought Sapphire.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

2012. Last year. Early last year. Lol.

Around Easter time this year... I used to think that Pokémon was some dumb "boys game" and never really new about it until my cousin brought it over to Easter dinner... oh boy, was I totally wrong about it... >.< I then ended up buying Pokémon White as soon as I could from Amazon.com a few days later, and as soon as I got it in the mail I and put it in my DS and REALLY got to play the game, I was amazed... and here I am today!
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

I was instantly hooked when I bought Blue in 1998.
    Pearl Progress: 303/493

Ahh the year of 1999. I'm pretty sure I watched the anime first, but I may have borrowed a copy of Blue from one of my friends even earlier than that.

Regardless, I spent many a weekend going to my friends' houses just to borrow their Gameboys. Hehe. Since I never exactly owned one myself. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when I got Pokemon Stadium and the transfer pack that came with it. I spent my whole childhood playing Yellow, Blue, and eventually Gold as well on the television. :P
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

About 4 years ago, so 2009. I used to watch the anime back then but I didn't know about the games so when I saw one of my family friends playing it, I got excited and bought Platinum the next day. ^_^

When Gen II was out, I got Pokčmon cards and instantly became a fan. I watched my friends play Gen II, but my first game was Ruby. I, however, have played every Gen.

One day when i was in seventh grade (1998) I stayed home sick. I was flipping channels at 2:00 in the afternoon and found a cartoon I had never seen before, but was instantly hooked (first episode I saw was the Diglett episode). I started setting my VCR to record every afternoon. Soon I started seeing commercials for Red and Blue and had to get one, even before I had a gameboy (borrowed one from my friend until I got a gameboy pocket). It wasn't long until I found the trading cards and got hooked on those too. I don't watch the show any more, except for occasionally watching the first season, and i dropped the card game for at least 10 years, but I'm still addicted to the games and I got back into the card game last year (I only play casually).
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

As soon as I got my hands on Pokemon yellow and I religiously watched the Pokemon anime on the Kids WB. I was with it all along and, another reason I loved generation III, it was the generation where all the fake fans left. I stayed with it openly until Generation V which I despised.

Want someone to review your fanfiction? Wish granted. I accept fanfiction review requests so just PM me!

I got Blue Version for Christmas back in 1998, and was a fan of the anime before that. I don't remember if I started collecting cards before or after I got the game, but Poliwrath was my first holographic card, and has been my favorite Pokemon ever since.

When I got Red version back in 1998.

When I was about 2-3 and watching the anime (Johto Saga at the time)

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

The year 2000; my 5th birthday present was a Game Boy Color console and Pokemon Yellow. Haven't looked back since

3DS FC: 5086-3480-3328

Friend Safari: Psychic
    (Espurr, Grumpig, Xatu)

Boredom got me to try the copy of Diamond I'd gotten at a used game store last December. And I got hooked.

I've been a fan since the begining

FC: 2406-6166-3485 IGN: Emerald

about july of last year,i was already a fan of chuggaaconroy.and out of boredom i watched his emerald playthrough.about 30 parts in,i was hooked.
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Since the Pokémon anime/TCG was first released in the United Kingdom, so about late 1999/early 2000.

Probably at the age of five or six. Back then I had no idea about the games, I started with the anime,when it was first seen on the TV.
    Imagine with all your Mind. Believe with all your Heart. Achieve with all your Might.

“You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can, it's you!” — N

In 2005, at the age of three, though I could not quite comprehend everything at that time...
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 29th July 2013 at 2:53 PM.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

After Gen 3 but before Gen 4. Ruby was my first game.

Since.. forever. I can remember watching the anime from when ash first begun his journey in pallet town. When him & pikachu didn't get along. That far back, that's how long I've been a fan. From the very beginning.
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

I have been with Pokemon from the very beginning and will be there till the very end

I became a fan after the Johto Master Quest Season started aring.

I became addicted when I got my first Pokémon Game, Pokémon Dash, in 2004 (or was it 2006? Eh.).

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast