View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2189 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 1189208921392179218521862187218821892190219121922193219922392289 ... LastLast
Results 54,701 to 54,725 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraume View Post
    So I caught myself a level 19 Eevee in Pokemon White 2 and after playing for 5 minutes I realize I should check the Umbreon move set in which I came to see it learns Faint Attack at level 21.

This move has been for me Umbreon's main err move. Though it's not spectacular, I really do want it, however I really want to have an Umbreon early on in the game for the sole reason of I never have before, and waiting till after I defeat the Elite Four, or catching a Ditto and breeding isn't really what I want to do.

So my plan is this: Catch another Eevee (Which all I have been encountering so far in the wild are level 19 ones). Go back to the level 2-4 wild pokemon route and have it battle, battle and battle with the aim of raising it's happiness the only way I can so early on in the game without Soothe Bell or any other ways to raise it. Then after loads of battles, right when it's about to level. Wait till night and level it and if it doesn't evolve at 20, then repeat process.

This could take a while, so just wanted to see if anyone else thought this was a good way to go about it, or if there was a better way lol.
    I cannot get too irate with a fellow Umbreon fan, but please next time keep your questions limited to Help threads in the specific section you're playing (in this case, the BW2 forum), or even the Pokemon Questions Thread here in General Pokemon Discussion.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystEsp View Post
    Not exactly sure when I got it but it must have been between Nacrene and Striaton. Anyway I have a couple of questions about it.

Is finding Pokerus rarer than finding a Shiny? And how can I make sure I keep a Pokemon with Pokerus?
    Please don't ignore the Pokemon Questions Thread next time.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I wouldn't narrow it down to just her but I digress. Think you have to take in account the previous protagonists were in fact kids.
    Plus I find it weird for 18 year olds to like 10 year old kids (no offense) 0-e

Diamond and Pearl were terrible, terrible games. I'm not sure if that's an unpopular opinion or not, but I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me.

Hoenn had the best geography. I enjoyed the water routes, diving, and the trumpets.

Gold and Silver were terribly broken and are not the pinnacle of the Pokemon franchise. I don't understand why people are like OMG 16 GYMZZZ NOSTALGASMMM when BW2 features all of the gym leaders to date, anyway.

I'm not a fan of Mewtwo or Lugia or Entei or Lucario or Zoroark or any of the Pokemon people only like because they had their own movie.

I can only bring myself to play the Battle Frontier for two minutes in each game. I like to battle competitively, but the BF bores me to tears.

I loved My Pokemon Ranch. I sat there for hours watching my Pokemon interact with each other. I really want a Pokemon version of Harvest Moon one day.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have terrible, predictable stories. Really, all they have to do is add some extremely common JRPG tropes and Pokemon fans thinks it's the deepest video game of all time. I suppose that's what happens when the main Pokemon games are too gameplay oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Plus I find it weird for 18 year olds to like 10 year old kids (no offense) 0-e
    What offense? I don't like any of the protagonist in THAT way.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have terrible, predictable stories. Really, all they have to do is add some extremely common JRPG tropes and Pokemon fans thinks it's the deepest video game of all time. I suppose that's what happens when the main Pokemon games are too gameplay oriented.
    I couldn't agree more. I have a personal vendetta against Mystery Dungeon and the fact that it is the spinoff that gets the most attention and sequels makes me sad.
    Last edited by gpdlt; 25th October 2012 at 4:24 AM.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Gen V is my least favorite by far. It is ok but it bores me. HG/SS are my favorite Pokemon games to date and Charizard is my favorite Pokemon followed by Mewtwo. I'm not sure if these are unpopular opinions but they appear to be with the people posting on this particular forum. If they are unpopular well frankly I could care less
    Last edited by Legendary Charizard; 25th October 2012 at 4:18 AM.

I think the worst generation is definitely the 4th (even though HGSS are my all-time favorite games)

I think Gen II is the best (not sure if popular or not)

I think Best Wishes is second only to Johto in terms of the worst eras of the show

whenever he isn't acting obnoxious around women/girls (he did it WAY more later on than near the beginning), I like Brock

I actually don't mind legendary Pokémon, just as long as they have them as side-quests, and not important to the plot.

I HATE EVENT/DISTRIBUTION POKéMON (what if I want to start a new game a couple of years ago? Well, too bad Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, etc., for you all are F*****!)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Diamond and Pearl were terrible, terrible games. I'm not sure if that's an unpopular opinion or not, but I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me.
    Cyrus was one the few good things to come out those games.

Hoenn had the best geography. I enjoyed the water routes, diving, and the trumpets.
    Hoenn and Unova are the best regions but not necessary the best in terms of story.

Gold and Silver were terribly broken and are not the pinnacle of the Pokemon franchise. I don't understand why people are like OMG 16 GYMZZZ NOSTALGASMMM when BW2 features all of the gym leaders to date, anyway.
    I think the GS were good at the time they were made but nowadays they are surpassed but I don't hate them either. Just because something is overrated does mean it doesn't have any merit.

I'm not a fan of Mewtwo or Lugia or Entei or Lucario or Zoroark or any of the Pokemon people only like because they had their own movie.
    I liked Mewtwo but that because he is one of the more interesting characters of the franchise considering what little this franchise has.

I can only bring myself to play the Battle Frontier for two minutes in each game. I like to battle competitively, but the BF bores me to tears.
    I agree not much of a fan of the Battle Frontier either.

I loved My Pokemon Ranch. I sat there for hours watching my Pokemon interact with each other. I really want a Pokemon version of Harvest Moon one day.

I couldn't agree more with this. Though I see where they are common from. It took the franchise years to even pump a decent story and less two dimensional villains.

4th generation wasn't the best one, but it was by far better than 2nd at least.
    And I am not sure if it is an unpopular opinion (I think it is), but I prefer the Battle Frontier over the Pokémon World Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Charizard View Post
    If they are unpopular well frankly I could care less
    /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    4th generation wasn't the best one, but it was by far better than 2nd at least.
    And I am not sure if it is an unpopular opinion (I think it is), but I prefer the Battle Frontier over the Pokémon World Tournament.

/facepalm
    I really starting to think this a vicious cycle. In response to the how overrated GS is there is a whole hatedom for GS but in turn you no better than those who overly love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    But space in Palkia's sense is about dimensions and matter, not outer space, so it has little to no correlation with alien species and the such.
    I was thinking more along the lines of space => science => theories => ideals.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

there is a whole hatedom[/B] for GS
    Not really. The people who do not appreciate GSCHGSS that much is the minority. Most of the "fans", specially the nostalgic ones, overrate these games a lot. A lot. On other hand, DPPt is often unfairly considered the worst games in the franchise. I can't understand how is this even possible. DPPt wasn't even full of flaws like GSCHGSS was. Okay, maybe DP had some, like the terrible Pokémon distribution (And GSCHGSS had the same problem as well), but Platinum fixed it. DPPt had a decent story, one of the best evil teams as of now, decent Pokémon designs, decent Gym Leaders and E4, one of the most popular champions and possibly the hardest. Plus, Sinnoh is a beautiful region and the soundtrack was incredible. There is nothing to justify the affirmation "DPPt were the worst Pokémon games". Of course, you can say that they were your least favorite games, but not the worsts.

but in turn you no better than those who overly love it.
    I never said I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Not really. The people who do not appreciate GSCHGSS that much is the minority. Most of the "fans", specially the nostalgic ones, overrate these games a lot. A lot. On other hand, DPPt is often unfairly considered the worst games in the franchise. I can't understand how is this even possible. DPPt wasn't even full of flaws like GSCHGSS was. Okay, maybe DP had some, like the terrible Pokémon distribution (And GSCHGSS had the same problem as well), but Platinum fixed it. DPPt had a decent story, one of the best evil teams as of now, decent Pokémon designs, decent Gym Leaders and E4, one of the most popular champions and possibly the hardest. Plus, Sinnoh is a beautiful region and the soundtrack was incredible. There is nothing to justify the affirmation "DPPt were the worst Pokémon games". Of course, you can say that they were your least favorite games, but not the worsts.

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to be confrontation or anything if fact it is quite the contrary. I agree with all you a had say about DP. Platinum is one my favorite Pokemon games to date up there with B2W2 and BW. However, I seen plenty of hate on GS to point where the only love I find of it are those outside the community.

I never said I was.
    Just saying as all. You have valid points though.

Emerald's Battle Frontier is the best.

But I dunno if that's an unpopular opinion or not.

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to be confrontation or anything if fact it is quite the contrary. I agree with all you a had say about DP. Platinum is one my favorite Pokemon games to date up there with B2W2 and BW. However, I seen plenty of hate on GS to point where the only love I find of it are those outside the community.
    Well, I must say I am surprised by the fact I am not the only one who did not appreciate GSCHGSS that much.

Different from here, in most places these games are severely overrated. I am sorry if I sounded rude in my post, by the way.

I don't like the Battle Subway very much. It's hard to earn BP and it feels like I'm getting nothing if I fall just short of my 7th battle...

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

Quote Originally Posted by SirIllo View Post
    Dialga represents time. Over time, the truth becomes distorted and reshiram becomes inovolved. Palkia represents space. Space is classified by scientists ideals of alien species and planets' atmospheric make-up and such, which is where my boy zekrom comes in

Okay, now we're starting to just make things up. Actually, scratch that, we have since the first post.

If you've really read what everyone else said, just because you see a connection doesn't mean that their is one. And besides that, if this theory were true....uh....it'd be really random, and I'd actually be started to believe that GF is starting to pull things out of the blue.

If the Unova dragons represent anything, it's Yu-Gi-Oh.
    i.e Blue Eyes White Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon
    But all kidding aside, I don't think they have a connection at all with the Sinnoh dragons. There's just not enough sense to make out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by henryqueue View Post
    I don't like the Battle Subway very much. It's hard to earn BP and it feels like I'm getting nothing if I fall just short of my 7th battle...
    Honestly, I always thought that was a common opinion.

I hate that stupid train to. The pokemon world tourny is much better IMO.

I don't really see a connection, i think maybe you are just reading too much into it (like all those other crazy Pokemon theories)

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Honestly, I always thought that was a common opinion.

I hate that stupid train to. The pokemon world tourny is much better IMO.
    It took me a while, but I learned to love the subway.

I don't know if the PWT is better or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    After about eight years of playing pokemon, somewhere in between Ruby and Diamond, I learned that, no, Ice Beam is not super-effective against rock types...
    LOL. ^ I feel your pain.

My first pokemon game was ruby, I:

-KOd Groudon. And then saved bc I was so darn proud of myself. I didn't think you could catch legendaries...

-Used my masterball on Mawile, bc I thought he was SUPER hard to catch at the beginning of the game. So I got my master ball, and ran off to find him. Saving immediately afterwards of course, because when would I get ANOTHER chance like THAT!?

-had been chasing latios for hours. FINALLY catch up with him. ACTUALLY CAUGHT HIM... and saved. Just as "...saved the ga-..." came up on the screen, my power died. I kid you not. I turned it on again, and sure enough, the game was unrecoverable. Worst part? Text speed was on slow. If I had set it to high, it would have finished saying "game" in time.

Oh the early days...

PS I have NEVER found a shiny. EVER. I have had 7 pokemon games. I know. It's sad.

In summary: *facepalm*

Both Battle Subway and PWT aren't that great. Battle Frontier, on other hand, was the post-game feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I had to EV train my Larvitar 3 times because I forgot to save twice.
    This is what's known as an extreme fail xD

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    After about eight years of playing pokemon, somewhere in between Ruby and Diamond, I learned that, no, Ice Beam is not super-effective against rock types...
    I thought rock was weak to ice ever since Sinnoh.

Page 2189 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 1189208921392179218521862187218821892190219121922193219922392289 ... LastLast