View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 102 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522021102 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Red14 View Post
    I think a pokemon is legendary when it has a lv. of 1,000 or more.
    I'd like to see one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gateau View Post
    But he is the "Legendary" Pokemon. There's heaps of Pokemon lore which considers him so.
    The Species type or whatever doesn't correlate to what in-game descriptions from the Dex and promotional materials say.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

They are legendary if nintendo says so - phione is legendary, rotom is not, etc. Arcanin is not a legend, but its a legendary specie, so.......I dunno.
    3222 6165 5568

Dang you and your Bullet Punch!............................. - Akua
    I now know that Heatran is not a good Kyogre counter. - Gengar
    2 words; Get a Girlfriend...
    - zand gaia

Usually they are the last couple pokes in the pokedex each gen

LF: Flawless or near-flawless calm Heatran (shiny is a bonus)
    If you have one please PM/VM me!

Spoiler:- Credits & Battle info:

ones that in game only have 1 usually, and are at the end of the pokedex, and most often have better/muchbetter stats. they are rarer than others and are just declared by nintendo to be legendary.
    ~

When it's extremely, extremely rare, has unique powers, and has some storyline or rumor that goes along with it (AKA a legend). That's what I use to deduce whether something's a legend or not. That and if it's in the end of the Pokédex for that region or not. =P
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

But look at Lucario and Riolu. Both of them are just normal Pokemon that were called legendary. If Nintendo announced Gabite was a legendary and made it so you could only get one of them in the game then people would follow along. If somebody said, "If a Pokemon looks strong and unique, then it's a legendary." then they look at other ones. Metagross, Tyranitar, and Flygon are all strong, and they are viewed as rare but not legendary because Nintendo didn't say they were. Look at Shaymin. She's very weak yet NINTENDO CALLED SHAYMIN A LEGENDARY. Basically, it all revolves around the decision of the people who made it.
    Last edited by Myst3ry Box; 28th August 2009 at 6:50 PM.
    Alligators in sewers are myths. Seriously, all I see are crocodiles.

When you see it 1 time per game
    is best Jask

I should have picked Alakazam over Tyranitar but too many people know Crunch

Rotom is a legendary. Lucario is not. If you don't agree with exactly that then eff your self because its true. Just ask Nintendo/GameFreak.

Quote Originally Posted by amianoob View Post
    Rotom is a legendary.
    No it isn't.

If you don't agree with exactly that then eff your self because its true. Just ask Nintendo/GameFreak.
    Maybe you should take your own advice.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I don't know why, but I've always felt that when something is a legendary, you can just... tell. Or at least thats how it works for me. Usually they are at the back of the Pokedex, generally have a game based on them (Lugia- Silver, Rayquaza- Emerald, etc.,) sometimes have legendary music, are only one in a game, are very mysterious, usually have to do something hard to get them, sometimes evil teams are after them, and I'm sure there's more qualifications, but if you add all that up its fairly easy to tell.

..It can only be explained by yourself...
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

they are powerful...but maybe they do different things that the other pokemon cant do...or ..maybe...when they are in a legend of pokemon mostly they can be one of the first pokemon in the world of pokemon...
    well...nobody cant say the truth except the person who made this pokemon story...
    this is only my opinion...
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    sharingan bunny.Taking me to the world of anime!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    No it isn't.

Maybe you should take your own advice.
    You know, I think I found something that implies the opposite. Granted, it's not Pokemon.com, but still...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...ndaryRotom.jpg

This came from the official DP Pokedex that was copyrighted by TVTokyo, Nintendo, and Gamefreak, apparantly.

Judging by the right side of the image, it looks like it's from a game guide, which are, at best, extremely dubious when it comes to small details like that.

Furthermore, the copyrights mean jack. It's a Pok&#233;mon product and therefore by that very definition it would have the requisite trademarks on it.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Weedle_Mchairybug View Post
    You know, I think I found something that implies the opposite. Granted, it's not Pokemon.com, but still...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...ndaryRotom.jpg

This came from the official DP Pokedex that was copyrighted by TVTokyo, Nintendo, and Gamefreak, apparantly.
    Game guides aren't reliable. I have a Prima Emerald guide that has tons of facts wrong.
    I don't think Rotom is legendary, just because there's one of it. It doesn't have a legend and to me, it just doesn't seem legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!

There usually atleast 1 Legendary in the game, you can only obtain it once, it usually has a better moveset, and better stats.
    Member of the Kotone FanClub
    Spread the Kotone Love <3

Banner by Skiyomi

Credits to whoever made this CUTE banner

~I am a lover of Magical Girl animes, copy and paste this to your signature if you love Magical Girl animes and are not shy to admit it~

Most legendary pokemon in the game are based from legends/myths outside of the game.
    ...Well magikarp is based on a legend too, but you get my point.
    Also, legendarys:
    1) Require some effort to obtain
    2) Have a significantly low capture chance
    3) Are hinted to by people in the game (or even mentioned outright)
    4) Are at the end of the pokedex of each region
    5) Have significantly higher stats than most pokemon should at their level
    6) Are used as "poster-boys" for the games and movies
    Feed me Want one? <--Made by me

Quote Originally Posted by Chansey hunter View Post
    Most legendary pokemon in the game are based from legends/myths outside of the game.
    Er...no? That's true for some, but it's not a trait exclusive to Legendary Pokemon. There are many non-Legendary Pokemon inspired by myths of the real-world.

1) Require some effort to obtain
    2) Have a significantly low capture chance
    Dialga and Palkia have the same catch rate as Chansey. Meaning it's just as easy to catch them in a regular Poke Ball as it is to catch Chansey in the Safari Zone.

3) Are hinted to by people in the game (or even mentioned outright)
    Is Jirachi even mentioned in the Hoenn games?

5) Have significantly higher stats than most pokemon should at their level
    That's...not how stats work.

Legendary pokemon are just that - pokemon that have some kind of legend based around them. If you'll take a look...

Kanto

The legendary birds of Kanto are said to keep balance with the world's weather patterns, and are ultimately under the authority of Lugia (See Movie 2). Lugia, itself, is also part of the Johto legend, having fled from the top of the Brass Tower (now Burned Tower).

Mew is said to be the ancestor of all pokemon, while Mewtwo is said to be a clone of Mew and has legendary power to accompany it as such (See Movie 1).

Johto

Raikou, Entei, and Suicune, the legendary beasts of Johto, are said to have been resurrected from a deadly fire in Ecruteak City, by none other than Ho-Oh itself. Additionally, Ho-Oh is said to fly the skies of the world, searching for a pure-hearted trainer. Only then will it descend and appear before humans. (See Johto Games).

Celebi is able to cross time, as seen in Movie 4.

Hoenn

The Regi trio, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel, were said to have great power in the past, frightening the people of Hoenn (specifically Pacifidlog Town), and were sealed away as such. They are later revealed to be subordinate to Regigigas, who created them after itself.

The Lati twins are said to be guardians of the soul, as seen by their item, the Soul Dew. They are few in number, and are highly intelligent (See Movie 5). They protect the city of Alto Mare, as well.

Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. The super-ancient trio of the Hoenn region, it is said that they had significant impact in the shaping of the world. Rayquaza leads the trio, having descended from the ozone layer to stop the fight between Groudon and Kyogre, who raised continents and expanded the seas, respectively.

Jirachi is the wishing pokemon, and is said to awaken only for 1 week every thousand years. During this time period it is said to be able to grant any wish. It is also capable from absorbing cosmic energy and forwarding it to the Earth.

Deoxys is a legendary pokemon that came from space, supposedly as a mutated virus. Its story is present in Movie 7.

Sinnoh

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina form the dragon trio, created by Arceus. Dialga and Palkia are counterparts, expanding time and space, while Giratina represents the concept of antimatter and was banned for its violence. It keeps balance through the distortion world.

Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf represent the spirit, and keep balance with the world by countering either one of Dialga or Palkia, should they attempt to change things. They are said to have strong spirits.

Heatran is a legendary simply because of the legend surrounding it - that if the magma stone of Stark Mountain were removed, it would awaken and cause havoc like it did in the past.

Regigigas is said to have pulled together the continents, and it also created the Regi Trio of Hoenn, as established by the anime.

Cresselia and Darkrai represent opposite emotions. While Darkrai incites fear and has the power to induce nightmares and darkness, Cresselia is able to dispel fear and insecurity. Fittingly so, they come out during the new moon or the full moon. Platinum hints toward the fact that Darkrai was placed on New Moon Island because of the mere fact that Cresselia was nearby and could undo any damage it caused.

Manaphy is a legendary pokemon that travels the seas, and is capable of finding Semaya, the legendary palace in the sea, built by the people of the water. It can bond with pokemon amazingly well, thanks to its Heart Swap ability (platinum). It produces Phione from itself, which is thus a legend by default (this is supported by pokemon.com / Game Freak / whoever runs that site).

Shaymin, the gratitude pokemon. Legend has it that it is responsible for the creation of the beautifully fertile Floraroma Town. According to the 11th movie, legend has it that wherever a group of shaymin land, a beautiful field of flowers will emerge, known as the Flower Bearing.

Finally, Arceus stands as the creator of all, more specifically the universe. From itself, it created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, as well as Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

Dialga and Palkia have the same catch rate as Chansey. Meaning it's just as easy to catch them in a regular Poke Ball as it is to catch Chansey in the Safari Zone.
    I dunno about you, but I myself would say a Chansey in the Safari Zone has a "significantly low capture chance," what with the limited steps, rarity, and chance of running away.

Sure, compared to the typical Legendary catch rate of 3, Dialga and Palkia seem like easy to catch, but compared to most Pokemon, their catch rate of 30 is quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by starterlover1 View Post
    Legendary pokemon are just that - pokemon that have some kind of legend based around them. If you'll take a look...
    False. The Kanto Bird trio have no legends based around them.

The legendary birds of Kanto are said to keep balance with the world's weather patterns, and are ultimately under the authority of Lugia (See Movie 2). Lugia, itself, is also part of the Johto legend, having fled from the top of the Brass Tower (now Burned Tower).

Mew is said to be the ancestor of all pokemon, while Mewtwo is said to be a clone of Mew and has legendary power to accompany it as such (See Movie 1).
    The Bird trio + Lugia is completely from the anime and has never been referenced in the games.

Cresselia and Darkrai represent opposite emotions. While Darkrai incites fear and has the power to induce nightmares and darkness, Cresselia is able to dispel fear and insecurity. Fittingly so, they come out during the new moon or the full moon. Platinum hints toward the fact that Darkrai was placed on New Moon Island because of the mere fact that Cresselia was nearby and could undo any damage it caused.
    Those aren't legends. A legend is "the old story goes...blah blah blah" like...I don't know, the legend of the fountain of youth. What you describe for Cress and DArkrai are their actual powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant Tar View Post
    I dunno about you, but I myself would say a Chansey in the Safari Zone has a "significantly low capture chance," what with the limited steps, rarity, and chance of running away.

Sure, compared to the typical Legendary catch rate of 3, Dialga and Palkia seem like easy to catch, but compared to most Pokemon, their catch rate of 30 is quite low.
    Just making the point that they aren't all as hard to catch as it's made out. I know more than a few people who've caught Dialga/Palkia in a normal Pokeball with only putting it to sleep.

A pokemon becomes "legendary" when Chuck Norris says so.

False. The Kanto Bird trio have no legends based around them.

Incorrect. If you'll recall, it is said that Articuno appears to those who are doomed in Icy Mountains. Moltres is said to bring early spring to whatever lands it flies to. And there is frequent mentions of Zapdos being said to live in Thunderclouds and shed lighting bolts as it flies. If nothing else, every single pokedex entry makes note of the fact that Zapdos is indeed a legendary pokemon.

The Bird trio + Lugia is completely from the anime and has never been referenced in the games.

Your point? There is nothing that states that the anime cannot be used as a source.

Those aren't legends. A legend is "the old story goes...blah blah blah" like...I don't know, the legend of the fountain of youth. What you describe for Cress and DArkrai are their actual powers.

If that's what you want, then there is various mention around Canalave about nightmares happening in the past, and that the Lunar Wing is said to be able to awaken anyone from them. Also, Arceus' voice speaks after the capturing or defeating of Darkrai in Platinum, confirming its relationship to Cresselia.

Just making the point that they aren't all as hard to catch as it's made out. I know more than a few people who've caught Dialga/Palkia in a normal Pokeball with only putting it to sleep.
    Thoughts in bold.
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    A pokemon becomes "legendary" when Chuck Norris says so.
    Your hypothesis is logical but it is actually Bruce Lee who calls every shots around here which is a proven theory.
    Friend Code:0089 1993 6702

Page 102 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522021102 ... LastLast