View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 112 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 12621021081091101111121131141151161221622121112 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Ice beats Dragon because I assumed ice has the capacity to freeze and drive extinct many things (a reference to dinosaurs mainly.
    I think it's because Dragon types are cold blooded
    Why does Dark beat Psychic?
    Read the previews posts

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by poizonsting View Post
    :O

Bug is a rather general term. In fact, spiders are of class Arachnida and are commonly mistaken as insects
    True.

I guess they covered the spider spectrum by adding poison to Spinarak's and Ariados' typings...

Quote Originally Posted by conflict7 View Post
    Why does Dark beat Psychic?
    As stated before, Dark causes bad feelings that make psychic's depressed...or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacialrend View Post
    Ever wondered WHY airlines don't fly during storms?
    Quote Originally Posted by jellsprout View Post
    And again, nothing grounded will enjoy being struck by lightning during rain either. If you actually get struck by lightning, it doesn't matter if you are flying or standing on the ground. It is just that when you are flying there is a smaller chance of you getting struck by lightning.
    And the reason airplanes don't fly during thunderstorms is because of the strong magnetic fields that get released during lightning. An airplane is a Faraday cage, it redirects all the lightning through its metal shell and nothing gets damaged. But the heavy magnetic fields disrupt all the sensitive instruments on board, making it very unsave to fly. It is also a "better save than sorry" measure. If they make it through the thunderstorm unharmed 99% of the time, that 1% is still a large enough risk to cancel all flights.
    Guess Spacialrend's question has been answered by jellsprout. But looking at his post I found out why Flying type is weak to Electric moves.

Common substances are divided into three type depending on their conduction of electricity - Conductor, Insulator and Semi Conductor.
    Now here is some basic concept of current electricity that explains why electric moves are super effective on flying types.
    1. Insulator don't conduct electricity in normal conditions i.e. in low voltage stage. But if we keep on increasing the current a state is reached where the insulator become a conductor and its transmits electricity through it(mostly it melts too). Thats why after certain state each type except Ground Type will be heavily damaged by Electric Moves.
    2. Objects in air can't be hurt by electric moves but if they are close to earth surface and a severe electric shock is given to them they get hurt badly. It should be kept in mind that if the object is at quite a distance from the earth it will most likely won't get hurt. Now take a case of Starly flying at 50 feet and then it is struck by Thunder. It will get hurt but if the same Starly at same height is struck with weak moves like Thunder Shock it won't get hurt. But this powerful attack being super effective on birds will make things a lot complicated so they made the whole Electric Type moves super effective on Flying Type.

Above explanation doesn't explains why Gligar family aren't affected by Electric moves when they are in air and have no source of earthing. But maybe their body is the source itself(Ground type).
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    I always thought some of the weaknesses were weird, as well as resistances, but I tried my best once to justify them all, so:

Ice beats Dragon because I assumed ice has the capacity to freeze and drive extinct many things (a reference to dinosaurs mainly. Fighting beats Rock, Ice, and Steel because all of those can be broken with enough physical force. Psychic beats Fighting because supposedly brute force cannot win against intellect. Dark beats Psychic because the mind is afraid of what the eye cannot see, and it is difficult to defend yourself in darkness (hence, Miracle Eye became the move to hit Dark Pokemon with Psychic moves). And, since darkness has nothing to fear from thought, it's immune. Fighting beats Dark because, if you keep swinging, you'll eventually hit something. Bug beats Psychic because of the distraction bugs pose to thought. Bug beats Dark because there are so few insects that'll be impeded by darkness. Ghost beats Psychic because an existing ghost defies logical thought, and is just plain scary; so fear takes over reason. Flying beats Fighting because attacks from above are normally more effective against grounded enemies. Ground is immune to Electric because electrical circuits should always have a ground, or an escape point for excess current. That being said, the Earth is actually our largest ground. Grass is resistant to Electric because plants are also part of the earth, and so tend to not be in danger of electricity as many other things. Steel is resistant to many things, but the immunity from Poison is because you cannot poison that which isn't alive. Ground, in turn, beats Steel because earthquakes take down buildings all the time. Poison resists Fighting because you can't physically fight away a disease. But, Pssychic beats Poison because willpower is supposed to be stronger than any illness, and you can feel fine if you will it to be that way. Rock beats Ice because you can break ice with rocks (normally). And Steel beats them both for that same reason. Flying beats Grass because plants and berries and seeds and such are sustenance for birds. Same goes for bugs. Ice beats Ground because of permafrost and tundra and all that good stuff haha. So yeah, I think I tackled some of the heavy stuff. Hope it's a good explanation.
    I find that quote awesome. :bd I didn't get the fighting beats dark part. But all in all, well explained.
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

I find that quote awesome. :bd I didn't get the fighting beats dark part. But all in all, well explained.
    Because good fighting techniques beat the dirty tactics or Dark types

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Because good fighting techniques beat the dirty tactics or Dark types
    Oh, I see. Good point. IMO, dirty tactics can beat good fighting techniques. In reality, I guess. LMAO.
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

Quote Originally Posted by poizonsting View Post
    :O

Bug is a rather general term. In fact, spiders are of class Arachnida and are commonly mistaken as insects
    Also, scientifically, bugs are usually limited to those that bite and annoy. Which includes spiders.

And fighting>dark is also because honorable fighting is respected far more than dirty tactics, which is often looked down upon and doesn't suggest a show of true skill and strength. even if you win with dirty tricks, chances are, you won't be acknowledged for your win.
    Let's play!
    Rui- 3825 2395 1488 (D)
    Jirachi- 0131 5660 9839 (Hg)
    Jo- 2580 3171 9048 (W)

Here is my theory on Psychic's weaknesses (sorry if this has already been said)

Psychic powers rely on using the powers of the Mind to be telekinetic/ have slight reality bending abilities, etc. My point is that the mind is what makes these powers possible.

Now notice the weaknesses of Psychic: Ghosts, dark, and bug.

Think about it for a second, what do these types have in common? From an outside view, nothing much. But what comes to your mind when you think about all these things in real life?

Their relationship? They are all phobias. Things that are normally harmless (or non-existant), but are made out to be scary because of paranoia that exists in all of our minds. Ghosts seem creepy and chilling to those who believe, many children (and some adults) are afraid of the dark, and many people have specific phobias about bugs. So these types are [Super effective!] in pokemon because they have a [super effective] impact on the psychological workings of our minds.

Thats just my two cents anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDoots View Post
    Here is my theory on Psychic's weaknesses (sorry if this has already been said)

Psychic powers rely on using the powers of the Mind to be telekinetic/ have slight reality bending abilities, etc. My point is that the mind is what makes these powers possible.

Now notice the weaknesses of Psychic: Ghosts, dark, and bug.

Think about it for a second, what do these types have in common? From an outside view, nothing much. But what comes to your mind when you think about all these things in real life?

Their relationship? They are all phobias. Things that are normally harmless (or non-existant), but are made out to be scary because of paranoia that exists in all of our minds. Ghosts seem creepy and chilling to those who believe, many children (and some adults) are afraid of the dark, and many people have specific phobias about bugs. So these types are [Super effective!] in pokemon because they have a [super effective] impact on the psychological workings of our minds.

Thats just my two cents anyway.
    Dark type in Japan is called the Evil type...so it doesn't have anything to do with actual darkness but more with cruelty

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Nacreous does have a point.
    Let's play!
    Rui- 3825 2395 1488 (D)
    Jo- 2580 3171 9048 (W)

Dark type in Japan is called the Evil type...so it doesn't have anything to do with actual darkness but more with cruelty
    Really? Wow...but when you look at it, dark and evil aren't exactly the same thing...unless you're talking about the inner workings of the soul...

I've always seen 'dark' as the state of mind itself.
    Let's play!
    Rui- 3825 2395 1488 (D)
    Jo- 2580 3171 9048 (W)

Haha I'm sorry, I didn't mean to explain so much. It's a real life habit of mine.

But thanks for the recognition and the quote praise ^.^

And an alternative explanation for Dark beating Psychic is one that is strong if you view Dark as negativity, and Psychic as a psyche. Then you'd have to delve into how negativity can affect the brain so heavily that it can yield some macarbe results. That being said, Dark would have HUGE control over Psychic, one that they may have stressed by giving Dark an immunity to Psychic.

If you follow that thought, then one could say that negativity can be banished with physical activity. I mean, humanity likes to keep itself busy with SOMETHING. Even when we're bored, we do something to keep it at bay. We exercise, pick up a hobby, anything to keep bad thoughts away. And since physical activity is a great counter, Fighting beats Dark.

huh? I never knew Umbreon was the evil of the Eevees! *gasps*
    Kakashi (to Naruto): "I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, but it's not the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Psychic Monotype:
    Fighting Monotype:
    Steel Monotype:
    Fire Monotype:

Quote Originally Posted by Spacialrend View Post
    huh? I never knew Umbreon was the evil of the Eevees! *gasps*
    Well it DOES spray poisonous sweat. :P
    Let's play!
    Rui- 3825 2395 1488 (D)
    Jo- 2580 3171 9048 (W)

Quote Originally Posted by Uii View Post
    Well it DOES spray poisonous sweat. :P
    I hope you're talking about the animation for Dark Pulse...

Nope! check the pokedexes. Now you can be imaginative from where Umbreon's only poison move, Toxic, come from~
    Let's play!
    Rui- 3825 2395 1488 (D)
    Jo- 2580 3171 9048 (W)

Quote Originally Posted by Uii View Post
    Nope! check the pokedexes. Now you can be imaginative from where Umbreon's only poison move, Toxic, come from~
    Oh. And Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon.

As it should be.
    Let's play!
    Rui- 3825 2395 1488 (D)
    Jo- 2580 3171 9048 (W)

Default Why is it disliked so much?

Okay this may have been asked a lot, but I've been going through the 5th gen discussion and been wondering, what is everyone's hang up on Pokemon releasing a "Light" type?

I'm not trying to great a great war, I have just been noticing a large amount of people saying "No" to "Light" type, but never really given a good reason as to why they shouldn't have it, except someone mentioned a 2nd gen "problem" that I have no idea what they were talking about.

I have been waiting since the "Dark" type release for a "Light" type. and sadly disappointed everytime a game comes and no "Light". I don't see why I couldn't exsist, the next gen could be the first to release it, as I see no I-IV gen pokemon could really fit it (Like Magnemite in Gen I, to Steel from Gen II), so Vth gen would be the first to have them, and then if the trend continues the next game remake would be Ruby/Sapphire so they could find a way to slip some in.

I know not everyone approves, I just wanted to know the personal reasons of why it shouldn't appear compared to the reasons why people believe it should.
    Currently Questing:
    Shiny Ponyta by Masuda Method

I'm new to WiFi and WiFi trading, so I'm willing to try but like I said, I'm a newb to it, and my connection sucks.

Thank you for visiting have a nice day

because it creates unnescesary problems, and we already have 4 types that can be used to represent the affromented light type, it also causes trading issues liek what happaned in the 2nd and 3rd gen. 'we would have a time capsule esque thing to deal with.

the types that can represent the light type are
    fire
    electric
    fighting
    psychic

The reason we have no light type is because:

1.Pokemon isn't Yu-gi-oh
    2. it would mess up the balance between the type undoing the reason why dark type and steel type where brought in.
    3. I think in Japan the dark type is called evil type.
    4. We don't need one
    5. It is a stupid idea.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by dancing_totodile View Post
    I'm not trying to great a great war, I have just been noticing a large amount of people saying "No" to "Light" type, but never really given a good reason as to why they shouldn't have it, except someone mentioned a 2nd gen "problem" that I have no idea what they were talking about.
    I've never seen a good reason as to why we should have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by col_serra View Post
    but mew is jesus
    ALL HAIL KING NEPTUNE AND HIS WATER BREATHERS!

They would be too similar to Normal types, both the Pokemon and the attacks.

It just doesn't work.

in japan red represents evil

Page 112 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 12621021081091101111121131141151161221622121112 ... LastLast