View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 120 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 20701101161171181191201211221231241301702201120 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

If Pokemon existed the planet would have ceased to exist about a dozen years after it was created, likely less.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

If Pokemon existed in the real world, I think human will be destroy (see all the Pokemon movie)

if pokemon existed then i would b going crazy tryin 2 find the best 1s and then ppl would turn into team rocket trying to steal it XP

There would be nothing due to all the countries starting another World War. USA use they're Staraptors/ Pidgeots to bomb Iraq and Afghanistan. Japan would be attacking people with Pikachus and Tyranitars. It would be chaos!

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

If Pok&#233;mon existed in the real world, people would flip coins before sex.
    FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY!

BW FC: 5243 1690 3512

Complete destruction and probably all the weak pokemon would be put in Zoos

It'd be awesome of course! No school or college in exchange for training Pokemon? Do want!

I've also lost count as to how many times this thread has been made before :P

As we wind on down the road~

Um, you're all ignoring some key factors here. The anime and games are dumbed down so that pokemon keep to themselves and can't hurt people. But you're talking about reality now. If a human was enveloped in a jet of flame they would suffer massive burns and likely die. Same for a thunder bolt. You'd have wild animals that are not only capable of defending themselves against anything, they're more than likely going to do it. Modern life as we know it would not exist. Nobody would have been able to demolish fields and forests in order to build roads and houses, as the pokemon living there would have defended their homes with fatal consequences for anyone in the way. Our level of technology has no way reached that seen in the games and anime (biological/digital compression in pokeballs) so whatever ideas you'd have of being a 'pokemon master' would have ended the moment you thought you could capture and instantly become best friends with a pokemon running towards you ready to kill you for approaching it's nest.

The world would be much much better.
    You know some of you say pokemon will destroy it, like with terrorism.
    But you know in game the bad guys are not the only one's with pokemon, the good one's also.
    And looking at the anime, most friendly pokemon have more power than bad pokemon.
    School would excist-> pokemon school
    There will be more nature and less problems.
    It would be fantastic
    Future White team:
    Jaroda
    Denchura
    Burunkeru
    Kenhorou/ Wargle
    Musharna/ Kojondo
    Shanderaa/ ononokussu

Fighting being NFE against poison, and Electric being neutral on Steel.

Really, why is my kick NFE against a Vileplume? Or a Weezing? It makes sense for Poison to have an advantage over Fighting, but it really should be via super-effective-ness.

But Electric on Steel is dumb. It's SE against Water which conducts it well, but why not Steel which does it better? And why is Steel NFE against Electric? It could short it out, seems more neutral to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Um, you're all ignoring some key factors here. The anime and games are dumbed down so that pokemon keep to themselves and can't hurt people. But you're talking about reality now. If a human was enveloped in a jet of flame they would suffer massive burns and likely die. Same for a thunder bolt. You'd have wild animals that are not only capable of defending themselves against anything, they're more than likely going to do it. Modern life as we know it would not exist. Nobody would have been able to demolish fields and forests in order to build roads and houses, as the pokemon living there would have defended their homes with fatal consequences for anyone in the way. Our level of technology has no way reached that seen in the games and anime (biological/digital compression in pokeballs) so whatever ideas you'd have of being a 'pokemon master' would have ended the moment you thought you could capture and instantly become best friends with a pokemon running towards you ready to kill you for approaching it's nest.
    Let's see, (playing on with the "Pokemon will attack anything that moves and destroy it" idea), a lot of fields and forests (most, in fact) would be inhabited by the typical field or woodland Pokemon, like Rattatas, Pidgeys, Caterpies, etc. They don't look to be too threatening, do they?

Secondly, if Pokemon exist, then it's fair to assume that Pokeballs and other technologies like the PC/transportation system also do.

And lastly, you seem to be of the opinion that most Pokemon are blood-thirsty demons who would attack anything mindlessly. Now this is a subjective issue, sure, but I don't see every Pokemon (as with animals) being hostile to any human they see. Pokemon can understand human speech and many have near-human (if not more) intelligence, so they can actually listen to humans and understand them. And again, as with animals, there'll always be some tame/domestic/harmless Pokemon species, who people can have as pets or be friends with. It's these Pokemon (say, the starters for instance) that trainers would keep with them and train, so as to help them capture tougher wild Pokemon. It'd be suicide to try and capture a wild Tyranitar if you're a beginning trainer, but with a well-trained Blaziken, Blastoise, etc. one can defeat it and capture it.

If Pokémon truely existed, the world would be probably destructed on the spot. Pokémon would obviously resent the fact that millions of people would want to capture them to make them an eternal 'fighting-object'.
    To be honest, going out there and catching Pokémon sounds like a lot of fun though. Raising them to be stronger and collecting Gym Badges...

Too bad we live in a world full of misery!
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

I have absolutely no idea. It would be cool to have some Pok&#233;mon of your own but as Razor Leaf already pointed out those Pok&#233;mon might be incredibly dangerous, because anime ≠ real life. Lots of attacks from Pok&#233;mon could seriously hurt people, even if they had a 'friendly' intention.
    Then again, Indragon has a good point, too, because not all Pok&#233;mon will be dangerous (like Caterpie?) and if one were to train one of those friendly Pok&#233;mon, he/she might be able to fight and capture stronger Pok&#233;mon, and so on. Kinda like the games/manga/anime, but with a much higher risk of getting hurt.

So, all in all, it would be pretty cool to have Pok&#233;mon IRL, but there will be higher risks.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Guys. There's more than just Pokemon vs. People that dosen't work.

Let's say that a Tyranitar gets mad at a Machamp or something, and the two fight. I can hardly say how that's good for anyone. Especially near a village of some sort, their fight will likely destroy all life around.

Also, the "Pokemon Trainer at early age" thing is highly impractible. Someone has to make the technology to do things and keep the Pokemon under some state of control, and if they spent their entire time in school instead fighting with their Pokemon, I doubt that would work.

Also, the "Friendly" pokemon argument dosen't work, as if I was a Swampert and a guy went up to my nest, I would defend myself and kill them. Seriously.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

Quote Originally Posted by GolemGuy View Post
    Also, the "Friendly" pokemon argument dosen't work, as if I was a Swampert and a guy went up to my nest, I would defend myself and kill them. Seriously.
    We're not talking about immediately trying to catch a Swampert, but rather a Mudkip, that can later on evolve into a Marshtomp and finally a Swampert. Just like in the games/manga/anime.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Cacturne View Post
    If Pokémon truely existed, the world would be probably destructed on the spot. Pokémon would obviously resent the fact that millions of people would want to capture them to make them an eternal 'fighting-object'.
    To be honest, going out there and catching Pokémon sounds like a lot of fun though. Raising them to be stronger and collecting Gym Badges...

Too bad we live in a world full of misery!
    Well, if you look at the matter from the point of view that a person wants to capture a Pokemon to befriend it, there would be no reason for the Pokemon to resent that. Remember that not everyone has to be a trainer and wants to fight battles with their Pokemon. If the Pokemon wants to go along with the human as a friend of its own will, that would be fine, wouldn't it? After all, Pokemon are said to understand humans and their emotions and all that jazz. However, if a trainer wants to capture a Pokemon just so as to make it a fighting machine, the critter has every right to attack him/her

The thing is - it's actually quite possible to mutually co-exist with Pokemon, and such a notion isn't restricted to the games/anime/manga. A Pokemon with a trainer (should) gets taken care of, given food, shelter, etc. For wild Pokemon, it's really a choice for them, if they want to tag along with a new trainer, they can do so, or run away to prevent capture.

Quote Originally Posted by GolemGuy View Post
    Guys. There's more than just Pokemon vs. People that dosen't work.

Let's say that a Tyranitar gets mad at a Machamp or something, and the two fight. I can hardly say how that's good for anyone. Especially near a village of some sort, their fight will likely destroy all life around.
    You seem to be exaggerating this a bit. Even if a Tyranitar randomly started attacking a Machamp, there attacks won't be far-reaching enough to hurt people and powerful enough to burn down villages. Gotta remember that Tyranitar, Machamp and other fully-evolved Pokemon are rare in the wild, and would most likely be found in mountains or caves.

Also, the "Pokemon Trainer at early age" thing is highly impractible. Someone has to make the technology to do things and keep the Pokemon under some state of control, and if they spent their entire time in school instead fighting with their Pokemon, I doubt that would work.
    It's not like everyone in the world wants to become a trainer and fight Gym matches and stuff.

If you were a Swampert and there was this dude who strolled up to your nest without any intention of harming you whatsoever, even telling you this, and even after perceiving no threat, you want to defend yourself against....nothing and attack the guy, then you're a seriously messed up Swampert who needs to be Leaf Stormed right away.

Also, what natie said - if you're a little Mudkip being given to a trainer from Prof. Oak (or a pet store...), and it looked after you, then you'd probably form a bond of friendship with him/her, which wouldn't magically vanish when you're a Swampert. It's only these trainers that would brave the depths of mountains and caves to search for very tough Pokemon, since you'll have your trusty Swampert and others to protect you from rampagin' Tyranitars and paranoid Swamperts.

And I can't believe I typed all this about a world where Pokemon is real

it would be terrible, lots of kids would died because they went on trips to be a pokemon master, but get killed by wild pokemon who as i see, don't want too be defeated or catched by small kids. The powerfull pokemon would be rulers, look at Metagross who have four brains and is as smart as a computer and is powerfull.

The legendary pokemon would also just be devastating. Image a trainer going to a local volcano and take a magma rock, and then Heatran would let the volcano go BAM! and the rest of that area is history.

you guys also seem to forget the pokemons ability to control nature, floods, earthquakes, and droughts would be hella more common.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoniteKnight View Post
    you guys also seem to forget the pokemons ability to control nature, floods, earthquakes, and droughts would be hella more common.
    Well many of the pokemon with this abilities are legendary, and some like kyogre and groundon would sleep for a long time/forever and the legandaries is usually peaceful. But some non-legendaries have some abilities, like Whiscash making earthquakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Well many of the pokemon with this abilities are legendary, and some like kyogre and groundon would sleep for a long time/forever and the legandaries is usually peaceful. But some non-legendaries have some abilities, like Whiscash making earthquakes.
    orly? most teams on this site have atleast 2 pokemon that know earth quake, also Sunny day and Rain dance are fairly common. oh yes, we also cant forget how common trainers tyranitars will be and the common hippopotus/hippowdawns

orly? most teams on this site have atleast 2 pokemon that know earth quake, also Sunny day and Rain dance are fairly common. oh yes, we also cant forget how common trainers tyranitars will be and the common hippopotus/hippowdawns
    IRL tyranitars would not be common as they arre very powerful and rare, Sunny day and rain might happen but it wouldn't last for long, maybe a round in agame is about 5 minutes or less and weather conditions last for max 5 rounds.

IRL tyranitars would not be common as they arre very powerful and rare, Sunny day and rain might happen but it wouldn't last for long, maybe a round in agame is about 5 minutes or less and weather conditions last for max 5 rounds.
    what, you dont think you wont be able to go to a pet store and see larvitar eggs/pokemon or something?

anyways were talking large scale, i wouldnt be surprised if someone held a town hostage by constantly using sunny day to kill all their crops or rain dance constantly to cause floods.

Default Aww... If only If only...

Yeah... That would be great if Pokemon were real then I wouldn't have to worry about having a girlfriend because my Gardevoir would be my girlfriend! Who needs human women when you can have Pokegirls?

what, you dont think you wont be able to go to a pet store and see larvitar eggs/pokemon or something?

anyways were talking large scale, i wouldnt be surprised if someone held a town hostage by constantly using sunny day to kill all their crops or rain dance constantly to cause floods.
    Well as larvitar is rare they would be really expensive.

Well they would eventually run out of PP and I don't think any centers would heal or any mart sell things to terrorists.
    And if one side of the line use sunny day, can always the other side use rain to counter it and restore a balance.

Well as larvitar is rare they would be really expensive.

Well they would eventually run out of PP and I don't think any centers would heal or any mart sell things to terrorists.
    And if one side of the line use sunny day, can always the other side use rain to counter it and restore a balance.
    it isnt exactly hard to breed pokemon, so id expect them to become common extremly quick

also theres elixers to restore pp, and anyways the weather effects are only the tip of the ice berg when it comes to terrorists. theres earthquake, explosion, poisongas/smog/most poison moves, etc.

Page 120 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 20701101161171181191201211221231241301702201120 ... LastLast