View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 120 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 20701101161171181191201211221231241301702201120 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 58953

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Quote Originally Posted by ianflowforever View Post
    The only way to fight fire, is with fire.
    What can beat a fire breathing lizard, that eats villages for a mid-morning snack?
    An ice age or a dragon.
    Haha a fire breathing lizard, that eats villages for a mid-morning snack. But why are dragon types resistant to so many things but only effective against other dragons?

Riki Tiki Tavi

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    Well, grass absorbs water, not it should not be a surprise that Water is not very effective on Grass. I guess they just figured to do it the other way around, too.

With Psychic and Poison, psychic healing can cure illness and suffering, and since Poison is mainly a status-conditioning type, it is a pretty smart idea to make Psychic > Poison.
    The grass v water is because plants absorb water so it can react with the chlorophyll in the leaves of the plant and with the sun, it photosynethises. Also, if anyone is unsure of how grass v rock works I think its because the roots of a plant can weave in and out of gaps between rocks that are below the ground. Sorry, I just wanted to be scientific and we have recently been studying plants and photosynthesis in Science
    I never really understood the psychic v poison until now, cheers. it does make a lot of sense now that I think about it.

why isnt poison SE against fighting? its about time for poison to affect more then just grass (which has a ton of grass/poison combos almost making it useless)....wouldnt fighting types have more circulation or something compared to other types?

as for grass>rock, that along with ground is erosion

as for dragons vast resistances, i guess its due to mythologys multiple interpretations of dragons as controlling or possibly even being/possing control of elements, such as fire breathing, ice breathing, ground dwelling wyrms, etc. possibly that explains it?
    Last edited by dragoniteKnight; 18th June 2010 at 12:44 AM.

This is being overthought. I think that the first few triangles (fire water grass) made sense, and they created several matchups to balance things out.

It makes sense that psychic > fighting, and also dark > psychic, so to balance things out, fighting > dark.

Quote Originally Posted by xblackzardx View Post
    This is being overthought. I think that the first few triangles (fire water grass) made sense, and they created several matchups to balance things out.

It makes sense that psychic > fighting, and also dark > psychic, so to balance things out, fighting > dark.
    you really cant compare f/g/w to f/p/d

Default What would the world be like if Pokemon existed?

Many things would probably turn out for the better, but many for the worse as well. I'm sure religion would be questioned quite a bit with the introduction of Mew. The environment may turn out a bit better with Pokemon such as Charizard and Pidgeot which cut down on the need for cars. Wanna go to the store? Just hop on your Charizard and fly there!

What do you think?

Dream Team

well maybe the goverment and religion would do something really stupid but yeah the enviroment would be better with celebi and shaymin taking care of it
    Diamond FC: ASH / 2708 3897 3320 : 457 obtained
    Platinum FC: ASH / 0517 9928 2145 : 468 obtained
    SoulSilver FC:soon
        Spoiler:- Looking For:

Spoiler:- Offers:

- Credit to junior_64

20x more f*cked up then it already is.

the only problem with that is if a pokemon got rabies.....

lmao. ^^ if the pokemon were real, i wouldn't be at home i'd be annhilating everything with my blaziken.
    B2 Team: [tentative]

It would be fun and exciting and everyday would be very interesting and not boring. I would ride on a Staraptor to school or on an Empoleon to cross a river. Yeah, it would be better.

the world would probably end, seeing as little kids (who are very volatile) have access to flame throwers, grenades in the form of pokemon exploding and more. also terrorism will be on the rise because people would be driving and toss exploding electrodes through windows and such. all in all in THIS world, wed be screwed...i mean it works in the pokemon world because lets face it, a 10 year old kid beats ur pokemon and your not allowed to do **** to him, and your considered evil if you cut off a tail (that regrows), let alone kill a cubones mom.

Obviously every 10 year-old in the world would go see Professor Oak and get their first Pokemon. It would be a Water/Fire/Grass type with the exception of the people who wake up late, they get Pikachu. Then they will adventure and catch more Pokemon, once caught they are automatically better than most other Pokemon. Soon, these young trainers will have to confront the evil Team Rocket and stop them from all their wrongdoings. Finally, they will challenge the Elite 4 and become champion, but resign shortly after. Once they return to their hometown they will go catch some legendaries. They soon get bored so they come up with these crazy strategies to battle in the Battle Frontier and against other 10 year-olds.

Have a nice day (:

Riki Tiki Tavi

World Domination!
    3DS Friend Code: 3711-7030-6999

PLATINUM: Elliot @ 0604-1806-0050

HEARTGOLD: Lyle @ 5414-2148-0188

WHITE: Terry @ 1678-3060-4834

WHITE 2: Cecil @ 5372-8208-0387

If Pokemon existed then the world would be in complete disarray (worse then it is now).

For ex: Like if some one made you mad, you would go torch their house with your Charizard

The world would just be completely chaotic.
    Do you want to change the world? Want to herar the opinions of a Millennial on social issues? Check out my YouTube Channel, G The Rebel

Also, check out the Millennial Social Movement Website to get post about social issues and how we can make this world a better place from a Millennial's perspective.

G The Rebel Twitter

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

If Pokemon existed the planet would have ceased to exist about a dozen years after it was created, likely less.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

If Pokemon existed in the real world, I think human will be destroy (see all the Pokemon movie)

if pokemon existed then i would b going crazy tryin 2 find the best 1s and then ppl would turn into team rocket trying to steal it XP

There would be nothing due to all the countries starting another World War. USA use they're Staraptors/ Pidgeots to bomb Iraq and Afghanistan. Japan would be attacking people with Pikachus and Tyranitars. It would be chaos!

Check out my Power Ranger FanFics:https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1802430/
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

If Pok&#233;mon existed in the real world, people would flip coins before sex.
    FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY NOW, FLY AWAY!

BW FC: 5243 1690 3512

Complete destruction and probably all the weak pokemon would be put in Zoos

It'd be awesome of course! No school or college in exchange for training Pokemon? Do want!

I've also lost count as to how many times this thread has been made before :P

As we wind on down the road~

Um, you're all ignoring some key factors here. The anime and games are dumbed down so that pokemon keep to themselves and can't hurt people. But you're talking about reality now. If a human was enveloped in a jet of flame they would suffer massive burns and likely die. Same for a thunder bolt. You'd have wild animals that are not only capable of defending themselves against anything, they're more than likely going to do it. Modern life as we know it would not exist. Nobody would have been able to demolish fields and forests in order to build roads and houses, as the pokemon living there would have defended their homes with fatal consequences for anyone in the way. Our level of technology has no way reached that seen in the games and anime (biological/digital compression in pokeballs) so whatever ideas you'd have of being a 'pokemon master' would have ended the moment you thought you could capture and instantly become best friends with a pokemon running towards you ready to kill you for approaching it's nest.

The world would be much much better.
    You know some of you say pokemon will destroy it, like with terrorism.
    But you know in game the bad guys are not the only one's with pokemon, the good one's also.
    And looking at the anime, most friendly pokemon have more power than bad pokemon.
    School would excist-> pokemon school
    There will be more nature and less problems.
    It would be fantastic
    Future White team:
    Jaroda
    Denchura
    Burunkeru
    Kenhorou/ Wargle
    Musharna/ Kojondo
    Shanderaa/ ononokussu

Fighting being NFE against poison, and Electric being neutral on Steel.

Really, why is my kick NFE against a Vileplume? Or a Weezing? It makes sense for Poison to have an advantage over Fighting, but it really should be via super-effective-ness.

But Electric on Steel is dumb. It's SE against Water which conducts it well, but why not Steel which does it better? And why is Steel NFE against Electric? It could short it out, seems more neutral to me.

Page 120 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 20701101161171181191201211221231241301702201120 ... LastLast