View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 1499 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 499139914491489149514961497149814991500150115021503150915491599 ... LastLast
Results 37,451 to 37,475 of 58953

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Not everyone isn't a competitive battler is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AlakazamAffinity View Post
    Luvdisc says hello
    Eh, I can see Luvdisc being used to advantage on a team. It'd be tough, yes, but I think it's possible.

If you really want something downright impossible to work with, I'd suggest Unown. If only it could learn more than one move...

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

What Rainbow said, Smogon is mostly about trying to use Pokemon for their stats and abilities to win. I don't have anything against Smogon, but you do know that there are a ton of people that have it completely out for Smogon right? Smogon is more about learning strategy rather than just playing Pokemon, nothing wrong with that, but you surely can't criticize anyone for not agreeing with it or not following it. Some people use Pokemon because they like the game of Pokemon, some people use Pokemon because they want to use bytes to test their strategic skills, heck some people do both. There is no arguing with anyone about it, there's a quote.. eh... how does it go, "To each their own"?

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Some people would rather lose with their favorite monsters than win with monsters they hate.

Last time I checked, Blaziken was an Uber tier monster.
    I did say 4th generation, didn't I?

Even though it's completely ridiculous that he's an Uber, but that's a different subject.

Quote Originally Posted by kusari View Post
    So, Articuno can't easily beat a Tropius or a Gliscor or a Leavanny? Wow. I've been thinking wrong this whole time.
    Tropius sucks, leavanny sucks, gliscor can easily kill articuno with stone edge or fire fang.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow PKMN Trainer View Post
    Not everyone isn't a competitive battler is bad.
    I never said that they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    The reason is, is when your charizard wrecks the opponents dragonite you get to just smile and say, well, their goes the tiering process. Besides, did you consider dugtrio horrible? it just jumped from nu to ou, all that matters to go up on tiering is usage. Also, some pokemon are fairly niche specific. I use to use regirock as a lead a lot.
    If a charizard beats dragonite it's because the person with dragonite got outplayed, I've beaten ubers with magikarps, doesn't change the fact magikarp is a useless pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiesandberries View Post
    Not being competitive doesn't excuse being bad. It's similar to me using my ADD as an excuse for not turning in homework.
    Sounds like it to me :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow PKMN Trainer View Post
    Sounds like it to me :/
    I clearly said that just because you are not competitive It doesn't excuse that you are bad. people use the "I'm not competitive!" excuse like it holds merit when they are bad.

Wow, triple post.

._.

Sometimes a "bad" pokemon can be used for unexpected/shock value... When a trainer has no idea what to expect that gives you a massive advantage.

Also, I'm calling Cookiesandberries a troll because he/she/it has a different view then me.

der herp derp he says something i don't agree with, must be a troll!
    Last edited by flameswy; 20th January 2012 at 2:44 AM.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon personality test and such:

I clearly said that just because you are not competitive It doesn't excuse that you are bad. people use the "I'm not competitive!" excuse like it holds merit when they are bad.
    Wait, so by that logic, Flareon would be completely useless then? Because it really isn't used much in competitive, but it's a monster in-game, but because it's not competitive, it excuses it being bad right? I'm sure anything you consider "bad" could easily be used in game, so not being competitive DOES indeed merit that they are.. "bad".

Here is the thing people, just because your pikachu beat a kyogre doesn't change the fact it's useless, I've beaten full uber and OU teams with unevolved babies, but you wanna know why I did? Because the people I were playing against were bad. Against any player that has triple digit IQ I would've lost badly.
    As someone who used to visit smogon, I can safely say that people like you give smogon a bad rep.

Also, you must have a low IQ yourself if you think that Pokemon playing ability can indicate someone's IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Xtreme View Post
    Wait, so by that logic, Flareon would be completely useless then? Because it really isn't used much in competitive, but it's a monster in-game, but because it's not competitive, it excuses it being bad right? I'm sure anything you consider "bad" could easily be used in game, so not being competitive DOES indeed merit that they are.. "bad".
    ^ this

I agree completely
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/117d2m1.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to Mew_

How many times must this be said? Most people who play Pokemon do not care about stats and competitive battling and such. Personally I play for the plot because I enjoy it. It's fun. It's not supposed to be about 'Oh I'm better than you haha'. That's why there's smogon for those people who specifically play Pokemon just for the battling aspect. Besides, pokemon was designed for the younger kids who don't even know about or understand the competitive aspect.
    Credit ~ Dynablade, Mew_ ,+ LyreBirdGirl
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/14sduhg.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/nf1gm9.png[/IMG]
    My shinies:20 eggs1,770 eggs2,030 eggsRNGx2Random
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ohlgtx.png[/IMG]Currently hunting: 2,160 eggs 3DS Friend Code: 0147-0138-4718
    Electric Safari (Dedenne, Pikachu, + Luxio)

Some people use their favorite Pokemon simply because they draw more enjoyment from the game that way.

Why should that even concern you at all?

people play with bad pokemon becuz they got hype. Absol, charizard, smeargle, castform. are pretty much fan favorites. that y people use them. i personally use ALL of those pokemon.

Credit to MagicMochi

I've never been on Smogon's forum, and I do love their competitive aspect, they've helped me create some good competitive teams, but I've heard that their forum is unfriendly, and they only like you if you're well known or a mod. I don't know if it's true, because I've never been on the forum, but I guess that could be an argument, that they're really unfriendly?

and Cookiesandberries, are you certain you're not a troll?

^^^ is a bad player who thinks Articuno is overpowered.
    I have used Articuno and while it is not the best ever, it is quite a good wall with the right support.

Quote Originally Posted by AlakazamAffinity View Post
    As someone who used to visit smogon, I can safely say that people like you give smogon a bad rep.

Also, you must have a low IQ yourself if you think that Pokemon playing ability can indicate someone's IQ.
    If you get beaten on ANY game when you have a massive stat advantage It does indicate you have low IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieNelson View Post
    I have used Articuno and while it is not the best ever, it is quite a good wall with the right support against bads.
    Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Say what you will, but I have forced many DC's on Smogon OU with Articuno.

Or maybe you don't know how to play the game.

Not knowing how to play=/=low IQ

I've never been on Smogon's forum, and I do love their competitive aspect, they've helped me create some good competitive teams, but I've heard that their forum is unfriendly, and they only like you if you're well known or a mod. I don't know if it's true, because I've never been on the forum, but I guess that could be an argument, that they're really unfriendly?

I am not a troll I'm just saying what I feel, I'm not going to be hesitant to tell someone they are bad for using a NU pokemon just because it hurts their feelings. I don't usually post on smogon but no they do not hate if you aren't well know/a mod. That's just a myth people who hate smogon came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by TVGuru View Post
    I don't really have a major thing against Smogon, but my interactions with some users have rubbed me the wrong way. These were probably just the extremists on that site but it sure pissed me off to the point that I left in 2 days after creating an account. The only posts I got on my thread were from people who liked to be snobby minimods. They all had a condenscending view on a Serebii user like me, thinking we all had hacks, liked to make "me too" posts on my thread like I couldn't read the ones above, and screamed hacks without offering proof, disobeyed my rules, etc.

I'm not saying that thats the majority, but that minority sure does know how to run off the new guy.
    This. I've actually visited Smogon many a time and I personally have no problems with the site but alot of the users I've seen are very harsh and snobbish. It gives the site a bed rep. Serebii and Smogon users probably clash because of the extreme differences in how they view Pokemon.

ahaha This ^
    Credit ~ Dynablade, Mew_ ,+ LyreBirdGirl
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/14sduhg.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/nf1gm9.png[/IMG]
    My shinies:20 eggs1,770 eggs2,030 eggsRNGx2Random
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ohlgtx.png[/IMG]Currently hunting: 2,160 eggs 3DS Friend Code: 0147-0138-4718
    Electric Safari (Dedenne, Pikachu, + Luxio)

If people aren't competitive, then it's a perfect excuse for being bad. They don't care about how they perform in competitive play. So yes, they probably will be bad when going against an experienced competitive player. It's their choice if they want to invest the time in becoming a better competitive player or if they'd prefer to spend their time doing something else. But that doesn't make them an overall bad player. It just means that they're bad in competitive play, which is one small aspect of the pokemon games.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieNelson View Post
    Say what you will, but I have forced many DC's on Smogon OU with Articuno.
    Than they are bad, posting on smogon doesn't indicate skill level. Just like being asian doesn't automatically mean you get straight As.

Page 1499 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 499139914491489149514961497149814991500150115021503150915491599 ... LastLast