View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 1558 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 558145815081548155415551556155715581559156015611562156816081658 ... LastLast
Results 38,926 to 38,950 of 58953

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Diz~ View Post
    Use Fake out then Ice Punch. It works. Dragonite is too slow.
    Not after a DDance. Even with Fake Out, an Ice Punch would fail to KO it, the max it takes is 217, and that's a no defense Dragonite. Dragonite can go up to over 300 Hp, so you wouldn't OHKO it, and after a single Dragon Dance it can do very near 200% damage to Lopunny. Use Lopunny as you wish, but don't try saying it can beat a Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Bring is Diz. My conkelderr with no ev's and no item against 6 lopunny. I will win, no doubt.
    Sure it can. Do you know how slow Conk is? Conk is dangerous, an intimidating. But it doesn't mean it cannot be beaten by a Lopunny. If people said I suck cuz I rely only lucks to win. That honestly their problem.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

Sure it can. Do you know how slow Conk is? Conk is dangerous, an intimidating. But it doesn't mean it cannot be beaten by a Lopunny. If people said I suck cuz I rely only lucks to win. That honestly their problem.
    Until you show me a battle record where your 100% legit Loppuny beat a Conkelderr, it can't. -K

Quote Originally Posted by Diz~
    any of his/her/its posts in this thread
    Diz~,

I understand that you believe that by infusing love into the binary code of the game, you can alter damage calculations.

I humbly invite you to prove yourself capable of this with your Lopunny in a 1v1 battle over 5th Gen WiFi.

Contained within the below spoiler is the Dragonite I will be using for this endeavor. I have never used this Dragonite ever before, and its Happiness value is at its base for Dragonite (35). As such, you would essentially have the upper hand in terms of your Pokemon's bond.

Spoiler:- Dragonite set:

My White FC is 5458 1669 8259. If you would like to prove to an upstart, asshole Smogonite that love is all you need, please leave me a PM with your FC. I need to eat food, but I would be happy to battle you in about twenty minutes, and I'll be on for a couple hours after that. Tomorrow is fine too, as, while I don't know about you, it is rather late where I am. Again, please leave me a PM with your FC, or post in this thread with it, and add my FC, and we can work something out.

Good luck Diz, not that you'll need it, you're still going to lose..

Oh man, are you one of those "Luck > Skill" people?

Also, to contribute to the thread. I frequent both sites, though usually Smogon (A friend actually linked me this thread to see the hilarity). To me, it seems like there is hardcore stereotyping going on between both sides. Serebii sees Smogon as the d-bags who think they know everything and Smogon sees Serebii as the guy who brought a balloon to a gun fight.

Both websites are good though there is always going to be animosity between the two for a long time and I personally don't see it ending anytime soon. Smogon doesn't suck or the members aren't intentionally rude, it's just a different type of community.
    I do RNG requests, PM me and we can work something out.

Do you know how slow Conk is?
    I don't think it cares about speed when it has the bulk to take hits like a champ, Drain Punch to heal, and if it needs speed, Mach Punch, I'm having a hard time seeing an army of Lopunny winning unless luck is on your side.

I would like to see this happen.

You on! Let go Dovahkin!
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

I can't wait for Diz to complain about hax or something else that noobs do. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Xtreme View Post
    I can't wait for Diz to complain about hax or something else that noobs do. >_>
    I'm sure that this Diz~ individual is more mature than you think. I cannot predict the outcome of this match, but I await Diz~ patiently in the WiFi Club. I have recieved his/her/its FC via PM, and have registered it in my Pal Pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    I don't really know that much about Smogon to be honest. I just came to Serebii because everyone here seemed rather nice, that's all. This is my only account online, since I don't want to have more than I need/want. I don't have a problem with Smogon, which makes me wonder why people from our community would dislike them too.
    Smogon's a competitive site, where they analyze Pokemon and try to put out sets that will give players ideas on how they could set up their own Pokemon. It can get really complicated, and isn't for everyone. So many people have a problem for it mainly because they don't understand it. And when they lose to people who know what they're doing, they just don't like it. So, instead of trying to figure things out or just accept that they were the less-skilled player, they blame Smogon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lima View Post
    Oh man, are you one of those "Luck > Skill" people?

Also, to contribute to the thread. I frequent both sites, though usually Smogon (A friend actually linked me this thread to see the hilarity). To me, it seems like there is hardcore stereotyping going on between both sides. Serebii sees Smogon as the d-bags who think they know everything and Smogon sees Serebii as the guy who brought a balloon to a gun fight.

Both websites are good though there is always going to be animosity between the two for a long time and I personally don't see it ending anytime soon. Smogon doesn't suck or the members aren't intentionally rude, it's just a different type of community.
    This. Both sides have SOME truth, but both sides are too biased as well.

Slow does not = likely to lose. Again, Lopunny's attacking stats are mediocre at best, and Conkeldurr can take STAB'd Super Effective hits like a champ. How much more when he has a STAB'd Super Effective on you, plus he can take all your hits with ease?

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I'm sure that this Diz~ individual is more mature than you think. I cannot predict the outcome of this match, but I await Diz~ patiently in the WiFi Club. I have recieved his/her/its FC via PM, and have registered it in my Pal Pad.
    This too. (:

Huge thanks to Sweet May at the Lunar Subterrane Graphics

By the posts I've seen from it, it doesn't seem very mature. But hey, that's IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Xtreme View Post
    By the posts I've seen from it, it doesn't seem very mature. But hey, that's IMO.
    I do not judge, for I believe that only the Flying Spaghetti Monster may judge us with his noodly appendages.

~Diz has not yet enterred the WiFi Club. ~Diz, are you having any problems connecting to your WiFi? Have you registered my FC? I'll try exiting and reentering.

EDIT: It appears ~Diz is offline. I'll stick around for maybe twenty minutes, and if I don't battle/~Diz doesn't come online, I'm going to bed.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 4th February 2012 at 4:10 AM.

I have issue finding my DS. Haven't touch it in awhile.

Edit: *pet my Lopunny* It okay, you almost got him.
    Last edited by Diz~; 4th February 2012 at 4:45 AM.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

I'll give you another twenty minutes, but I'm kind of tired. If you don't find it tonight, I can be online tomorrow after 6:00 PM EST to battle.

EDIT: Battle beginning.

EDIT: ...Or not. Bad connection. Exiting/reentering.

EDIT: Good game. Defeat at Dragonite's hands.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 4th February 2012 at 4:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I
    EDIT: Good game. Defeat at Dragonite's hands.
    I guess Dtz doesn't love his Lopunny enough.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I guess Dtz doesn't love his Lopunny enough.
    She lost against that Dragonite, doesn't mean she can't get back up and make a come back.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

I don't get it. Are we debating other peoples opinion of smogon, smogon itself, or lopunny getting its *** beat by a Dragonite?
    Eh, I'm bored enough to answer all three.
    Smogon haters will be haters. Doesn't affect me any. I like competitive battling, its sort of a sport to me. If you find a jerk now and again out of a community of THOUSANDS, that's actually a pretty good "jerk to decent human" ratio.

Smogon itself? Sure, criticism is harsh here and there. But there is a difference between "Mandibuzz sucks, why the hell would you use it? Use skarmory you n00b" and "You may be better off replacing that Mandibuzz for Skarmory as a shuffler, as it can set its own hazards with Spikes instead of relying on Ferrothorn". Both are telling you to replace your beloved buzzard with an armored chicken but no one is going to cram dynamite down my throat for trolling Reuniclus with some NU bird in a stall war that's never going to end. If they did, I wouldn't be around to post this, amirite?

I don't even remember who brought up Loppuny. I'm gonna be honest, you can use whatever you darn well please. But Dragonite is an overweight, bat winged lovable dragon of massive sweeping and tanking prowess. Versus a bunny.
    I mean, don't get me wrong, I used to run Magmortar as a Gyarados check, but that's because 1) you'd be amazed at what you can hear through the mic when it happens and 2) ITS ACTUALLY FEASIBLE, as Magmortar outspeeds and can reliably OHKO with a Life Orb Thunderbolt. Sure, Lopunny is faster than Dragonite, but Dragonite's going to kick its cotton-tailed behind on a regular basis. And trust me, as much as I love Magmortar and Mandibuzz, they simply have their limitations. Mandibuzz cannot beat Conkeldurr. You can try, but its not gonna win. Magmortar cannot beat Groudon.
    Also the whole "pray to your respective god for a critical hit" approach to say Lopunny can beat the Nite was kinda amusing. Yeah, if you get 2-3 criticals straight, maybe. But realistically, Dragonite's gonna have a bunny for breakfast.
    RNG Reporter is not a hacking device.

Ugh, this question AGAIN!

The game used to be very 1 dimensional in raise a Pokemon and battle.
    The adventure part is mainly for the kids, but the training and competitive batling WHICH SMOGON created, directed it at us geeks. So take your pick, be the kid or be the geek. There is no obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    Ugh, this question AGAIN!

The game used to be very 1 dimensional in raise a Pokemon and battle.
    The adventure part is mainly for the kids, but the training and competitive batling WHICH SMOGON created, directed it at us geeks. So take your pick, be the kid or be the geek. There is no obligation.
    Smogon didn't create competitive battling; Nintendo did, smogon just pushes it to the nth degree.

Smogon is pretty awesome dont hate on the smog!
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagardens

So why do we call the aspects of tiers and battling "Competitive". Nintendo created "friend" and then "wireless battling. Smogon made it "Competitive".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    So why do we call the aspects of tiers and battling "Competitive". Nintendo created "friend" and then "wireless battling. Smogon made it "Competitive".
    Again, smogon did not create the games, everything about the game, including the "competitive" features (ev, IV, ability, etc.) was made by Nintendo, who I'm sure did not intend on Pokemon battles being taken as seriously as smogon takes them.

^Just because Smogon is informative doesnt make them look like fools. Don't we all take this seriously? We wouldnt have signed up if we didnt..
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagardens

The worst feeling in the world is when you know you've put all your effort, heart, and determination into something and your actions aren't rewarded. We can all relate...

...What? I'm not advertising my fanfic or saying that people like GhostAnime suck. I'm better than I was before... am I?

Diz~, although I am admittedly against Smogon (I started a flame war here too, just like you), I'm afraid that you're taking things too far.

Firstly, I understand how you feel. Trust me, I've been in the same position as you before - and I know that once you want to speak out for something you believe in, it's really hard to stop criticizing those who oppose you. I understand that, but we all have to realize that there are fights we shouldn't get into. That's something I realized too late. Once you know you're screwed, there's nothing more appropriate for you to do except for to back down. It'll be hard, but it'll be worth it. Instead of getting into fights you can't win, maybe you could be like me and write, draw, or chat with friends. It really helps you NOT start flame wars.

Secondly, even though I don't understand why people love Lopunny THAT way, I do understand how it feels to be attached like that. I understand how horrible you must feel to see people insult your beloved Lopunny. Hell, if people insulted Falkner, they'd maybe find an angry fangirl ranting at them. But instead of yelling at them back, maybe you can just ignore them and spend more time with your Lopunny. You love Lopunny, and no one can change that. Just don't make other people miserable.

Of course, feel free to use the Ignore List. I have a few people here on that list already. No offense.

Hopefully I did better this time...

~ Arti
    Last edited by AmericanPi; 4th February 2012 at 5:53 AM. Reason: Changed the phrase "Smogon is too strong". Happy, people?
    Inactive. Just here for Yuletide, Shippers' Secret Santa, and Platonic contest judging.

Userbar by FairyWitch

I'm known as AmericanPi everywhere on the Internet.

Author's Profile

Page 1558 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 558145815081548155415551556155715581559156015611562156816081658 ... LastLast