View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2139 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 1139203920892129213521362137213821392140214121422143214921892239 ... LastLast
Results 53,451 to 53,475 of 58953

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
    I've never used a Vanillite (or any in its line) but I don't think it should be hated on. It's pretty cool, not my favourite Ice type but the design is very creative.
    Yep, the design is very creative isn't it
    http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/vanillish.jpg

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by TherianForm View Post
    creˇaˇtive/krēˈātiv/
    Adjective:
    Relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work: "creative writing".

So yes the design is very creative.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

If only vanilite had some sort of better ability

Would you have thought to design a Pokemon that looks like ice cream?

As blaze boy said, creativity pertains to original ideas. Living ice cream (actually mutated ice) is pretty original, seeing as how almost nobody has done it before. But for some reason, people have gotten it into their heads that just because something is based off of an everyday object, that it's "uncreative."

No, an "uncreative" Pokemon would be something like Charizard, Wingull, or Seel. Fire-breathing dragons? Done to death. A seagull? How original. A seal-like Pokemon with absolutely nothing to distinguish itself from a real-life seal other than the horn on its head? Not really seeing the creativity...

Meanwhile, we have creative and original Pokemon like Vanillite (a living ice cream cone (It's a snow cone! I get it now!), Skarmory (a big, steel bird with knife wings), Trubbish (a mutant trash bag), and Giratina (a giant, extradimensional snake that controls antimatter and can shapeshift into a six-legged elephant with shadows for wings).
    Last edited by Endolise; 27th September 2012 at 1:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Forum> Serebii.net> Forums >General Pokémon Discussion

It is not "whining" to ask people why they don't like something. This is a discussion forum, where people of differing opinions and trains of thought discuss what they think.

Why is basing a Pokemon on ice cream a negative to you? This is a sincere question.

Does this mean you like Vanilluxe since it isn't ice cream but rather an icecicle?
    I feel that threads like this are to some degree related to these silly "gen wars" in which the "genwunners" and "newgenners" complain about each other, hence the use of the term whining.

I'm not sure I quite understand your question though. I don't think it's bad not to like a Pokemon because of personal preference. Of course I think it's wrong for people to shoot down others' opinions if they don't match up. It's wrong to tell someone, "You shouldn't like *PokemonX* because I think they're stupid!"

If you're asking why I don't like the fact that Vanillite is based off of ice cream it's because I think ice cream is a silly concept for a Pokemon. And to me, Vanilluxe looks like ice cream, not so much an icicle.

Team in training:

Quote Originally Posted by The Musician View Post
    I feel that threads like this are to some degree related to these silly "gen wars" in which the "genwunners" and "newgenners" complain about each other, hence the use of the term whining.
    I don't see it as "gen wars". I just think some people think their opinions are gospel and hate it when people ask to explain them with some actual substance.

Of course I think it's wrong for people to shoot down others' opinions if they don't match up.
    No one is suggesting that.

It's wrong to tell someone, "You shouldn't like *PokemonX* because I think they're stupid!"
    No one is doing that.

If you're asking why I don't like the fact that Vanillite is based off of ice cream it's because I think ice cream is a silly concept for a Pokemon. And to me, Vanilluxe looks like ice cream, not so much an icicle.
    I'm asking why is ice cream silly and not say, eggs, or a magnet, or toxic sludge, or alphabet letters, or a fridge, or a balloon? Is all food based Pokemon inherently silly? All inanimate objects? And what's wrong with silly? We've had pretty derpy designs since and including Gen I.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by woebegonenick View Post
    If only vanilite had some sort of better ability
    Ice cloak IS a good ability.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I don't see it as "gen wars". I just think some people think their opinions are gospel and hate it when people ask to explain them with some actual substance.

No one is suggesting that.

No one is doing that.

I'm asking why is ice cream silly and not say, eggs, or a magnet, or toxic sludge, or alphabet letters, or a fridge, or a balloon? Is all food based Pokemon inherently silly? All inanimate objects? And what's wrong with silly? We've had pretty derpy designs since and including Gen I.
    Whether or not no one is suggesting or doing those things (in or outside this thread) isn't certain... but I was not implying that those instances of bashing necessarily happen, just that it's wrong.

And I honestly don't know what else to tell ya, I just don't like Vanillite. There's something about a Pokemon being based on human produced food that doesn't strike me well. And I've said this in another thread a while back, but I just find the Gen 5 designs less appealing in general. However, I definitely agree with you that every generation has it's fair share of Pokemon designs that players will not like.

Team in training:

I love Vanillite. It is fantastic, cute, and looks like whipped cream. Vanillish is .. err, kinda creepy. Vanilluxe is pretty nice, I would change its smile though.

Altogether, I like the line a lot, I wish it was viable in competitive play.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Actually, if you take away the faces, it turns into a mutant clump of ice and snow (since that's what Vanillite actually is; essentially, it's a snowy Grimer that appears to have been the in-universe inspiration for ice cream), but that's really neither here nor there...
    i wish they were a mutant clump of ice and snow with a different form that still seems based on ice cream somehow.. maybe with longer arms, a body that's not a cone and ends at a point,smaller heads,and possibly some feet. Or maybe feet aren't very important. they float

Vanilite is ice cream. Therefore it's awesome by default.

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Night of the Golden Witch | Kalos Chronicles |

I see so many comain about the 5th gen designs...its sort of weird to see someone like them now...
    anyways....I actually like Vanillite and its evos...but Klink and company does remind me of magneminte and its evos....its like them with apearence change D:

Quote Originally Posted by The Musician View Post
    It is a crystal based organism, which produces snow, that falls and collects on its head, making it resemble ice cream cones.

Could you think of something better?

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    Could you think of something better?
    Perhaps he thinks he is Ken Sugimori.

Default Pokemon Black 2 Randomizer: Suggestions?

Hello guys! I started a Pokemon Black 2 Randomizer game. Any suggestions? Raising Pokemon? Anything! Please leave it out in the comments.

My gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLJkqpCAmJM
    Help me become a Premium Member on DeviantArt!
    Click here!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/or88ch.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/sgqvtj.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to Mew_

Credit goes to Master

Also guys, if you think the quality is bad, please tell me!
    Click here!

Credit goes to Mew_

Credit goes to Master

Explain the exact rules of a randomizer game. Do you look at the whole regional pokedex and select 6 pokemon at random, do you select the first pokemon that shows up from 6 random routes, or what? Also, do you randomize what items you can buy as well?
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Because a dragon is a good idea to base a bad *** creature off. You just can't create cool creatures by basing them off ice cream. It's the lack of originality, it's what they chose to base it off.
    1st X run:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguartail View Post
    Explain the exact rules of a randomizer game. Do you look at the whole regional pokedex and select 6 pokemon at random, do you select the first pokemon that shows up from 6 random routes, or what? Also, do you randomize what items you can buy as well?
    I get to catch any pokemon I find, or must kill it unless I have only 1 pokemon with low hp and no potions, so I run. And the random pokemon code must be on.

Check the video, you would know.
    Click here!

Credit goes to Mew_

Credit goes to Master

Quote Originally Posted by SimH8 View Post
    Because a dragon is a good idea to base a bad *** creature off. You just can't create cool creatures by basing them off ice cream. It's the lack of originality, it's what they chose to base it off.
    How is a creature based on a dragon more original than the one based on ice cream?
    Just another generic signature.

I think the Vanilite evolution line is cute. I like it too. But hey, if people want to hate it, fine--let them.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Because Ice Cream is not a naturally occurring thing.

The reason why other Pokemon are acceptable is because we can see how they came to be. Pidgeys are birds, Weedles are bugs, etc.

Now, there are other man-made or non-naturally occurring Pokemon but they all had a reason (or at least a vague reason) why they came to be. Voltorbs are Pokeballs gone wrong, Magnemites seem to be some sort of robot, Porygons are virtual creatures brought to life. Even Castforms, who's creation on how they even made them is completely a mystery, at least was explained to be a project to control the weather.

Why would any body try to make a living ice cream cone? Heck, how do you even accidentally create a living ice cream cone?

Did Baskin Robbin in trying to make a banana split with raspberry, coconut and grape, flavored ice cream accidentally create Vannilite? And don't state that it came about naturally because that makes no sense ether. As I said before, all the Pokemon make sense to have evolved naturally in their environments. How could this creature come about naturally? What did it evolve from, a whipped cream Pokemon?

It's just stupid.
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

Quote Originally Posted by Kim62 View Post
    Because Ice Cream is not a naturally occurring thing.

The reason why other Pokemon are acceptable is because we can see how they came to be. Pidgeys are birds, Weedles are bugs, etc.

Now, there are other man-made or non-naturally occurring Pokemon but they all had a reason (or at least a vague reason) why they came to be. Voltorbs are Pokeballs gone wrong, Magnemites seem to be some sort of robot, Porygons are virtual creatures brought to life. Even Castforms, who's creation on how they even made them is completely a mystery, at least was explained to be a project to control the weather.

Why would any body try to make a living ice cream cone? Heck, how do you even accidentally create a living ice cream cone?

Did Baskin Robbin in trying to make a banana split with raspberry, coconut and grape, flavored ice cream accidentally create Vannilite? And don't state that it came about naturally because that makes no sense ether. As I said before, all the Pokemon make sense to have evolved naturally in their environments. How could this creature come about naturally? What did it evolve from, a whipped cream Pokemon?

It's just stupid.
    Now, now. Let's think about it from a different point of view. There could be a possibility that Pokemon designs gave people the ideas that eventually developed into what we have today, which relate to Pokemon's history from the very beginning. Maybe people saw Vanillite way back then and decided that they'd base it off of their eventual idea of ice cream many years later. And the "ice cream" Pokemon inhabited its own living style as a creature itself, just like any other Pokemon or "living thing."

Regardless of these fan-made possibilities, sure, the design might have seemed stupid at first, but at least the designers attempted to make something that many people, especially in the US would like, including being unexpected. I give them credit for that, instead of being so critical.

They're just jealous of Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe because they're so COOL. *ba-dum-tss*
    They're icicles covered in snow. The whole "ice cream" thing is just stylistic.

Also, I wouldn't eat one unless you want to catch hypothermia.
    Last edited by jakovu; 28th September 2012 at 12:18 AM.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Page 2139 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 1139203920892129213521362137213821392140214121422143214921892239 ... LastLast