View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    14 27.45%
  • No...

    30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

    7 13.73%
Page 2143 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 1143204320932133213921402141214221432144214521462147215321932243 ... LastLast
Results 53,551 to 53,575 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

  1. #53551
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I ridiculed your statement because you were making a generalized statement that all Gen V Pokemon designs were lackluster, and that Deviantart would have better designs than the entire 5th gen. You could probably find at least one deviantart fakemon design that is better than the least creative actual Pokemon design (although that really isn't saying much), but out of some unpaid designers, and a group of professionals going under protocol, I would definitely pick the latter to design more Pokemon.
    After thinking it over SOME of the new pokemon were original. Chandelure for example had more background to it. So no I'm not hatin on generation V as a whole just SOME of the pokemon.

  2. #53552

    Default

    I was pretty content that we could go back to kanto and fight the old gym leaders. Seeing them upgraded and getting to go through the region again was pretty awesome. I guess I kinda understand why they didn't go extremely in depth with the kanto region; although that would've been really awesome.

  3. #53553
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,576

    Default

    If it wasn't for the cartridge space, I'm sure more could've been included. Heck, I remember reading somewhere that the Sevii Islands were planned from the beginning, but due to said-lack of space, they were unable to use that sub-adventure, and this problem carried over to G/S/C. I think the second generation had slightly more space, but it must've been done so they could include a clock, and to update graphics a little bit.

    I still like Silver for what it is, if just for the nostalgia. They did a great job with the remake, but the original still holds a place in my heart, flaws and all.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  4. #53554
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    The problem wasn't Kanto. It was Johto. Johto was an underdeveloped mess because Game Freak struggled to fit the two regions in one cart. Also, the leveling curb was atrocious due to the inclusion of two regions.

  5. #53555
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    I like Johto being stand alone. It's enough. It doesn't really need Kanto. It's Gen II all about.

    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  6. #53556
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim62 View Post
    You consider fight Morty to be the climax of the game?
    The trainers on the route before the elite four had level 20s. GSC in general needed about 2x more trainers.

  7. #53557
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Mhm. In the Gen 2 games and their remakes the levels of everything were terribly plotted out. The climax of the game still had you fighting level 20s.

    And Pokemon availability was a problem too. You could only catch like 30% of the Johto Pokedex without trading or completing the game. In HGSS they fixed this, but crammed all the Pokemon into the Safari Zone.
    Basically this, these two things are what really killed the Gen 2 games (not so much HG/SS which fixed some of the problems) for me and are two of the reasons that it's my least favourite generation (yes, I said it).

  8. #53558
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The trainers on the route before the elite four had level 20s. GSC in general needed about 2x more trainers.
    No they didn't and why did it need 2x more trainers?
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

  9. #53559
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    421

    Default

    I think they did a great job with Kanto and Johto. They only thing I didn't really like the low level of trainers Pokemon and lack of catchable Pokemon. I didn't like that in HG/SS they crammed so many Pokemon in the Safari Zone. They could of raised the level of Pokemon in the wild a little more but the accessablilty of parts in the region were good and planned out.
    My Soundcloud

    My ReverbNation

    Music & Musicians Alliance Club


  10. #53560
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    into that good night
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnezoneWorld View Post
    I know they pretty much did this in HG/SS, But do you think Gen 2 would've been more fun if they allowed you to catch Mewtwo, The Legendary birds, and gave you access to the underground path, Silph Co, etc.
    That's a good question.

    One that belongs in the Gen 2 subforum.

    Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

  11. #53561
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    421

    Default Arceus creator of universe: Fact or myth?

    I'm sure lots of you ask the same question.

    Please respect everyone's theory.

    I believe the legend is a myth. The way I see it is GameFreak is basing the game off of the scientists discoveries in game. Now before you say, "GameFreak says it so it's true." Think of it like this. GameFreak knows how the Pokemon universe was created and what created it because they made it. But in the game the scientist "GameFreak"come up with theories from studies to how Arceus could of created the universe. There's elders all over the region telling the player about it but claiming it's a myth. There is no in proof game to prove me that Arceus created the universe. If Arceus did create the universe then the scientist can't prove it because they weren't there.

    So do you think the legend is a myth or fact, and do you believe GameFreak bases the studies off of scientific discoveries? Discuss.
    I you believe its a fact then I would like proof.
    My Soundcloud

    My ReverbNation

    Music & Musicians Alliance Club


  12. #53562
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Myth dude I mean if Arceus created everything. . . then what created Arceus?
    Or the Plate held items for that matter.

  13. #53563
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porygon Two View Post
    Myth dude I mean if Arceus created everything. . . then what created Arceus?
    Or the Plate held items for that matter.
    That's a good question. I've always wondered the same thing about Arceus. People say Arceus just came out of nowhere from an egg but it's only a myth. That's what I believe the scientist are there to do, is keep studying the universe of Pokemon and come up with theories of how it could happen.
    My Soundcloud

    My ReverbNation

    Music & Musicians Alliance Club


  14. #53564
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    3,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    So do you think the legend is a myth or fact, and do you believe GameFreak bases the studies off of scientific discoveries? Discuss
    Uh, how can they? This is kinda an abstract question here. Especially since all scientists do on this game are A: Send 10 year olds on errands, B: Ambush 10 year olds and try to beat up their pets or C: Require rescuing from Mafia bosses by 10 year olds.

    However, Arceus's showy flashy acid trip thing that it does when it creates a brand new Palkia/Dialga/Giratina for you suggests it's more then just a super powerful pokemon. I reckon the legends in Pokemon are mostly true.

    Edit: It's just occurred to me! The reason you can walk around with an arceus on HGSS and no one makes any comments is that they're atheists and refuse to believe it's there.
    Last edited by Will-powered Spriter; 1st October 2012 at 8:36 AM.
    Will-Powered Spriter

  15. #53565
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    I believe it is fact to an extent. A lot of the speculative fiction that I'm exposed to is of the "X myth is actually the primitive misinterpretation of Y extraterrestrial or technological influence" variety, so my way of thinking tends to follow this.

    Anyway, to elaborate, I believe that Arceus' birth was responsible for the birth of the universe, but that he did not actively create it. I do believe that he created the Pokemon world, however. Here's how I see it:

    1) The universe exists as a chaotic void.
    2) On an astral plane, Arceus' egg forms.
    3) Arceus' astral form hatches from the egg, and in an instant, Arceus' energy seeps into the void (this would be his Multitype energy, since, as an astral being, he wouldn't be limited to a single element).
    4) The sudden influx of energy causes the void to take material form and becomes the universe, which begins to expand. Arceus also takes physical form as a result, and so does the energy that radiated from his astral form (which takes the shape of the Unown).
    5) Because the universe's matter is brimming with the same energy as Arceus/the Unown, Arceus is capable of bending the universe's material with ease, since the energy is familiar to him.
    6) Arceus creates the Spacetime Trio and their orbs through the Unown, using his universe-bending abilities to imbue them with the power to manipulate time, space, and antimatter.
    7) Giratina is tasked with the responsibility of safeguarding the Distortion World, which formed along with the rest of the universe (albeit out of antimatter).
    8) Arceus uses the Unown, as well as Palkia's and Dialga's abilities to manipulate time and space, in order to create the Pokemon world.
    9) They create a single supercontinent on that world, with the Spear Pillar being formed in the center (surrounded by the three lakes).
    10) Dialga and Palkia retreat to their respective dimensions.
    11) Arceus creates Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf and gives them each the ability to bestow a curse upon those who wish them harm, and also implants the three jewels into their heads which gives them the joint ability to open dimensional portals (presumably, Arceus intended this as a failsafe should anybody need to summon Dialga or Palkia or should one of them be awakened improperly; with this power in the hands of the Lake Trio, they would be responsible for quelling Dialga or Palkia in the event of an impromptu awakening). Also, Arceus chooses to give the Lake Trio less power so that they can reproduce; that way, not only are the multiples (Sinnoh and Unova) explained, it also increases the chances that more of the Lake sprites will be available to the people in need/should one of the dragons wake up, in the event that one of the Lake sprites dies. (Personally, I believe that Legendaries with less than a 670 BST (and Kyurem; actually, the specifics are more complex than that but I'll save that theory for another time) can, in fact, reproduce; we simply can't have them do so in the games because A) we're only supposed to have one at our disposal and B) nobody's really seen the Legendaries before, so they probably haven't been classed into actual egg groups.)
    12) The Lake sprites retreat to their Lakes, and Arceus creates the Azure Flute and hides it somewhere on the planet (it's meant to act as a sort of super-last resort by giving the people the ability to call on him in the event of an absolute crisis; however, it's hidden so that it can't be abused).
    13) Finally, Arceus retreats to his own personal dimension above Mt. Coronet to rest.
    14) The Unown retreat to various locations across the supercontinent.
    15) Over time, the supercontinent breaks up, eventually forming the regions that we know today.

    EDIT: Also, in my theory, the Plates are solidified fragments of Arceus' energy that were formed when the universe began expanding. Since the energy is so multifarious, the plates each contain a different individual "state" of the energy.

    As for why I believe this; well, I just like it better this way. It's more fun and mystical in my eyes; plus, I put a lot of thought into this theory. But also, what threat would Cyrus have been if the Sinnoh dragons hadn't been capable of what they were claimed to be? How is it that Sinnoh is set up so perfectly in relation to the myths? (i.e. three lakes surrounding the Spear Pillar) How is it that the three Lake sprites just happen to have jewels in their heads that can be forged into a portal-opening chain? Why is it that Giratina is in the exact place that the myths claim him to be? Why does Arceus have a supreme 720 BST, and why is he capable of creating one of the dragons using the Unown's power set to a montage of images from throughout the universe (surely it symbolizes something of significance)? To me, it seems like there's enough "evidence" to point either way.
    Last edited by Endolise; 1st October 2012 at 8:32 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  16. #53566
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Uh, how can they? This is kinda an abstract question here. Especially since all scientists do on this game are A: Send 10 year olds on errands, B: Ambush 10 year olds and try to beat up their pets or C: Require rescuing from Mafia bosses by 10 year olds.

    However, Arceus's showy flashy acid trip thing that it does when it creates a brand new Palkia/Dialga/Giratina for you suggests it's more then just a super powerful pokemon. I reckon the legends in Pokemon are mostly true.
    That's also a good theory but outside of the 3 things you mentioned they're there to research Pokemon discoveries. They have came up with lots of possibilities that Arceus could be the creator of the universe but they still claim it as a myth.

    I like the theories keep them coming. I like hearing your guy's opinions and discussing about it.
    My Soundcloud

    My ReverbNation

    Music & Musicians Alliance Club


  17. #53567
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jubilife City, Sinnoh
    Posts
    83

    Lightbulb Where do official Pokémon League places get money if they're free?

    Where do places such as Pokémon centers and Pokémon leagues get money if they are for free? How do they pay Nurse Joy's and Elite 4's?

  18. #53568
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jubilife City, Sinnoh
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Well, couldn't the egg from which Arceus originates from be a reference to the little bit of dust before the big bang. Because out of the big bang (Arceus) came space (Palkia), time (Dialga) and antimatter (Giratina. (Although I am not exactly sure on what matter and energy are from). Arceus is kind of like God, nobody knows the truth and history about because nobody was there!

  19. #53569
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    I hear the Pokemarts bring in some pretty good revenue, especially since their society is founded on Pokemon...
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  20. #53570
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,985

    Default

    Taxes.

    Don't kid yourself.

  21. #53571
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN TRAINER Oliver View Post
    Well, couldn't the egg from which Arceus originates from be a reference to the little bit of dust before the big bang.
    It could, if that were at all what the Big Bang theory actually postulates.

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN TRAINER Oliver View Post
    (Although I am not exactly sure on what matter and energy are from).
    "Two (Dialga and Palkia) make matter and three (the Lake Trio) make spirit," so there's that.

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN TRAINER Oliver View Post
    Arceus is kind of like God, nobody knows the truth and history about because nobody was there!
    Except there are psychics in the Pokemon world who are perfectly capable of seeing into the future; divining the past probably isn't impossible.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  22. #53572
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Did Arceus create the Pokémon universe as we know it? Sure, it's possible. There's just not enough evidence to explicitly prove that without rebuttal. And until there is, the in-universe scientists will keep researching, and those around the campfire will continue to tell campfire stories and exaggerate the myth.

    Is Arceus considered a god since it created the universe? Quite the contrary. Because it's a Pokémon, that means that by definition, it is able to be manipulated and controlled by a person via a Poké Ball. If it were a god, it would not be able to be subject to such human intervention.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  23. #53573
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN TRAINER Oliver View Post
    Well, couldn't the egg from which Arceus originates from be a reference to the little bit of dust before the big bang. Because out of the big bang (Arceus) came space (Palkia), time (Dialga) and antimatter (Giratina. (Although I am not exactly sure on what matter and energy are from). Arceus is kind of like God, nobody knows the truth and history about because nobody was there!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I kinda believe in the theory big bang in Pokemon because Pokemon may not have a god. I'm not saying they don't or saying they do because everything in the world of Pokemon is a mystery for us. But then the big bang is a little fishy at the same time, idk how a bang could create a world. But from the myths I believe that Arceus was part of the creation of the universe, not saying it created it. Then it created Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina for time and space warp. After it created the 3 delusional Pokemon it then maybe created Kyogre to spread the sea and Groudon to spread the land. Then when all that was completed Mew came along. Idk if Arceus created Mew or if Mew was part of the big bang myth as well.
    My Soundcloud

    My ReverbNation

    Music & Musicians Alliance Club


  24. #53574
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    Sometimes there is truth in myth. I like to read you guys theories.

    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  25. #53575
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Sometimes there is truth in myth. I like to read you guys theories.

    Eh, yes and no. A myth is a belief, and how it could of happened when it might be right or could be wrong. So that kinda makes little sense when you can't prove a myth is true because it's impossible. But thanks for your feedback anyways, I like talking about topics like this.
    My Soundcloud

    My ReverbNation

    Music & Musicians Alliance Club


Page 2143 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 1143204320932133213921402141214221432144214521462147215321932243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •