View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2151 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 1151205121012141214721482149215021512152215321542155216122012251 ... LastLast
Results 53,751 to 53,775 of 58953

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

how does guardian type sound? (im sure there's a thread similar to this) its the opposite of fighting types,,sort of.they're defensive and take hits. they will have moves that increase defense after attacking too. Super effective to fighting,dragon,dark,and ghost. Weak to fighting,dragon,and psychic

The reasons for the existence of a Light type should not be "because there is a Dark type". Do you think the designers said we have Ground, now we must have Flying. We have Fire, now we must have Ice. ? After that, you can't exactly pair up all the types. So, the whole "Dark means dirty fighting" argument is completely moot. Light can still exist as its own elemental type without needing to be the opposite of something.

Now personally, I see the Dark type as a combination of its Japanese and English meanings: like a mixture of both deceitful/evil ways and actual dark energy. I mean Fake Tears, Thief and Sucker Punch clearly fall in the former; but Dark Pulse, Dark Void and Night Slash seem to use Dark energy.
    So, that is why if there was a Light type, I would see it as a mixture of fair fighting and actual light (EM-spectrum) energy. Thus that's why it would be super-effective against Dark. Not just because it's an antonym of Dark in English.

I wanted something (like a new type) as an aim to help me create some Fakemon and new moves, and so I chose the Light type to experiment with. I made a stab with creating attacks, abilities, and type advantages of a Light type that can be found HERE
    I also attempted to design some Light Fakemon which can be seen HERE

I must stress, I am in no way saying there SHOULD be a Light type. It's been a while since Dark and Steel were introduced, the types are now relatively balanced, and people hate change, so it is most unlikely. I'm just saying I think there COULD be a Light type.

Here is one of my pure Light-type designs. (It's evolution line and stats is supposed to be similar to the Alakazam line, so again I hope this shows how there can be a difference between Light and Psychic, but please check out my other designs, tog get a real feel for how I envision a potential light type! )
    Attachment 6396

Liquid
    Type Advantage - Fire, Water, Dragon, Steel
    Type Weakness - Grass, Electric, Ground, Rock
    Immunity - None
    It will be Pokemon that in some kind of blob.
    Example: Grimer, Ditto, Slugma, Phione

I was studying about osmosis when I thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by clintj1206 View Post
    The reasons for the existence of a Light type should not be "because there is a Dark type". Do you think the designers said we have Ground, now we must have Flying. We have Fire, now we must have Ice. ? After that, you can't exactly pair up all the types. So, the whole "Dark means dirty fighting" argument is completely moot. Light can still exist as its own elemental type without needing to be the opposite of something.

Now personally, I see the Dark type as a combination of its Japanese and English meanings: like a mixture of both deceitful/evil ways and actual dark energy. I mean Fake Tears, Thief and Sucker Punch clearly fall in the former; but Dark Pulse, Dark Void and Night Slash seem to use Dark energy.
    So, that is why if there was a Light type, I would see it as a mixture of fair fighting and actual light (EM-spectrum) energy. Thus that's why it would be super-effective against Dark. Not just because it's an antonym of Dark in English.

I wanted something (like a new type) as an aim to help me create some Fakemon and new moves, and so I chose the Light type to experiment with. I made a stab with creating attacks, abilities, and type advantages of a Light type that can be found HERE
    I also attempted to design some Light Fakemon which can be seen HERE

I must stress, I am in no way saying there SHOULD be a Light type. It's been a while since Dark and Steel were introduced, the types are now relatively balanced, and people hate change, so it is most unlikely. I'm just saying I think there COULD be a Light type.

Here is one of my pure Light-type designs. (It's evolution line and stats is supposed to be similar to the Alakazam line, so again I hope this shows how there can be a difference between Light and Psychic, but please check out my other designs, tog get a real feel for how I envision a potential light type! )
    Attachment 6396
    You know this is over two years old right?
    Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he felt like it.
    http://dragcave.net/user/picketoflickit < If you play Dragoncave,This is my scroll.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    Liquid
    Type Advantage - Fire, Water, Dragon, Steel
    Type Weakness - Grass, Electric, Ground, Rock
    Immunity - None
    It will be Pokemon that in some kind of blob.
    Example: Grimer, Ditto, Slugma, Phione

I was studying about osmosis when I thought of it.
    Liquid= water.. what's next gas type? gas was made poison like liquid was made water and the type of the "liquid"
    also someone noticed it is a thread from 2006?
    Light type.. just drop it on endless argument every time people get to the conclution it is not necessary/

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Liquid= water.. what's next gas type? gas was made poison like liquid was made water and the type of the "liquid"
    also someone noticed it is a thread from 2006?
    Light type.. just drop it on endless argument every time people get to the conclution it is not necessary/
    'Liquid' is not equals to water. Liquid can be things like Mercury and Alcohol.How about a solid type?

Solid type = rock,ground etc. yea...
    http://dragcave.net/user/picketoflickit < If you play Dragoncave,This is my scroll.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I'm not saying it is necessary at all. I honestly don't think there'll be any more new types. It's been years since Dark and Steel were introduced, the types are relatively well balanced now, and people hate change.
    This thread is about New type Ideas, and I've been exploring my ideas of how I think a Light type could work, just for my own amusement. If people are interested, they can look at my gallery. If not, then that's fine.
    I most definitely am not trying to argue that the franchise needs a Light type.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkofages View Post
    Solid type = rock,ground etc. yea...
    I was just joking since Ilan mentioned gas.So the three states of matter: Solid, Liquid Gas.
    Anyways, I don't think we need any new types. Pokemon is fine without it.

I know, I'm obviously trying to see if anyone is interested in seeing any of my designs for Light-type Pokemon, so thought I'd target a couple of threads where the Light-type is mentioned. And at the same time I thought I'd give my opinions on the seemingly epic endless debate.
    But yeah, I'm just linking to my designs, in case anyone is interested I'd love to hear feedback.
    But i'll say once more, I'm not for or against the inclusion of a Light type, I don't care. I just used it as a basis for some Pokemon-related creations I made for my own amusement, and was wondering what people here on Serebii might think of them.

I'm quite sure I've heard somewhere that in the Japanese games, Psychic types are 'Light' types. And it would make sense seeing as I don't think there would be much of a difference between the two types if they made Light Pokémon. I can't really think of any new types, I think what they have right now is great.

xxx

So if it was from 2006 you wouldnt care if you bump it? Which i believe is a rule, not to bump unless stickied or active...

Is it bumping if today was the first time I posted in the thread?
    I'm not great with this sort of terminology. If it is, and that was against the rules, I do apologize, I didn't know.

which is ironic since good beats evil yet psychic ( good ) can hurt dark ( evil )

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I'm quite sure I've heard somewhere that in the Japanese games, Psychic types are 'Light' types. And it would make sense seeing as I don't think there would be much of a difference between the two types if they made Light Pokémon.
    Well I envisioned Light attacks using, well, light energy - like blasts of the electromagnetic spectrum and photons; whereas the Psychic attacks may use brainwaves, thought, telekinesis etc... You can see some Light attacks I thought up HERE

Why are so you crazy about that chart? Its cool but still, like put it in your sig and be done ( not trying to act rude )

Oh, I thought that was the first time I linked to it directly. Well anyway, I think I've done enough blatant plugging of my deviantArt page now. So, yes, I will stop linking to it!
    Unless someone asks about a specific Fakemon or something!

IIRC,It's against the rules if you bump a thread which is atleast a month old

In that case, I'm sorry, and won't do it again!

Ok why light type will never happen
    energy- grass,electric, fire and psychic
    Honesty-fighting and psychic
    Light beams and all we have solar beam and it is a grass move if you want electromagnetic waves then you have electricity and fire for sun themed moves psychic can also use those honest and those beams of light and all and fighting is the justice type so yeah light is useless and it is only a fandom.
    So you made a chart.. so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I've got to shut it. We don't allow Advertisements in posts.

Wow that one is a really old thread.. I wasn't here when this thread died..

Shutting - Thread bumped.

Lightbulb Never missing OHKO moveset theory.

Basically i was looking through the advanced breeding page on marriland.net i believe and i concocted a currently untested theory of near endless possibilities in movesets. Ifthis theory works stupid amounts of movesets can be developed such as Blastoise's with moves like Blast Burn or a Beedrill with Tri-attack.

The theory stems from smeargle's ability to copycat any move. The idea being smeargle sketching a move like fire blast or blast burn, then breeding with a Pokemon with multiple egg groups. And passing the move onward from there. Here is my example using a machoke with the ability No Guard.

Step 1. obtain a Male Smeargle, female Buneary/Loppuny and a Female Machoke/Machop/Machamp

Step 2. Have a friend obtain pokemon with the moves: Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Fissure and Guillotine.

Step 3. Enter a double battle with your smeargle against your friend. Have them use the OHKO move on your pokemon (not the smeargle) then have the smeargle sketch the OHKO move.

Step 4. Repeat with the other OHKO moves and then breed with a female Buneary/Lopunny. If i am not mistaken the Buneary will have one of the OHKO moves.

Step 5. Be sure the Buneary is male, then breed with a female Machoke/Machamp/Machop. Hopefully the OHKO move is passed on from the buneary to the Machoke.

Step 6. Repeat

No Guard switches the accuracy of moves so Moves like swift and aerial ace always miss and moves that almost always miss, never do. Due to this being an untested theory i could be wrong, and cannot say whether or not it will work.

Please feel free to punch holes in my theory.

-ShinyIWish

Sorry to do this but...
    1)Lopunny cannot learn any of the OHKO moves
    2) In order for moves to be passed down, it has to either be an eggmove, a TM move that the baby can know, or a level-up move that the baby can know (if it's a level-up move, then both parents must know the move in order for it to be passed down). So you'll never get a Blastoise with Blast Burn, for instance. Not only is that a tutor move (which can't be passed down in any game except for Crystal), but it's a move that just isn't compatible with Blastoise ever. And of course, this means that Lopunny will never have Guillotine. That move just isn't compatible with the Pokemon.
    3) No Guard ensures that all moves used by or on the pokemon with the ability hit all the time, it doesn't swap the accuracy.

Nice try, but you'll have to keep on trying I'm afraid. :3

If you want to learn more about which Pokemon can learn which moves, you'll have to look up each individual pokemon on Serebii or Bulbapedia or something. That will list all the level-up moves, egg moves, TM moves, tutor moves, event-only moves, and everything. Smeargle CAN be used to pass down any combo of moves you like, but it will only work on Pokemon that are in the Field egg group. And, of course, the rules of TM, eggmove, and level-up moves will still apply if you use a Smeargle.
    Last edited by zozo; 6th October 2012 at 5:36 PM.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Ok thank you for the quick response. I guess it was worth a try. I can honestly say i know more about the breeding system now.

Thanks! ^-^

-ShinyIWish

Page 2151 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 1151205121012141214721482149215021512152215321542155216122012251 ... LastLast