View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2159 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 1159205921092149215521562157215821592160216121622163216922092259 ... LastLast
Results 53,951 to 53,975 of 58020

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

As much as i would like the idea of a massive pokémon game like this, it probably wouldn't work out. You would have to reset your levels each time you enter a new region. Or you would have to be forced to leave your team behind when you go from one region to another...
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

I would like this, but I wouldn't mind the opponents pokes all being 100 after 75% of the game or so. Or better yet, implement a system that makes the opponents levels change depending on your pokemons level.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

No I mean all your Pokemon in the P.C will all turn to level 40 even if there not in your party. Don't worry your Pokemon get Exp boosts when you level them up

I forgot, when you face either the battle subway or battle frontier brains there signature Pokemon will be at level 55 and you can choose which will be your signature Pokemon in the battle.

sounds good,but if all the regions were in one game there wouldn't be any reason to buy the others and they'd lose money..i dont think they'll do that. a longer journey with lots more side quests and battling previous playable characters would be good enough ^_^

Your right, so to get to other regions you have to do wifi-events which will open them or remakes of the previous games and do some kind of like pokemon migration to get other regions. But it sounds silly when I think about it.
    Last edited by HolyNova Lucario; 15th October 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Seems interesting but it seems way to long of a game to make, and it would take a very long time to beat it.

It would be to big and maybe 16-12 gym leaders instead of 8 I think eight is not enough.And for the elite 4 maybe them have mixed Pokemon types.Like instead of all of them having one type to be week to.And the gym leaders should still have mono-type though.And maybe a little higher levels and Mabye 2 regions.

Omega - 1/1/13

The length is fine. It takes you, what, about 50 hours to finish the main storyline? That's at least a good week or so of playing (depending on how much free time you have). And that's not even factoring in post game and optional content, which is at least another 100-200 hours. Regional design and size is starting to get problematic lately, but other than that, it's fine. You know what would be awesome, though? DLC. You download it off the eShop or something, and it gives you a new set of areas (maybe about the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone), and it has new Pokemon previously unavailable in the game, new legendaries (maybe even some event legendaries), and maybe even a mini storyline. It would really take event areas to the next level by actually giving them a purpose outside of simply being an empty patch of land with a legendary.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th October 2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The idea of having a longer storyline is good, but travelling throughout all of the known regions in order to beat other Gym Leaders seems far too repitive. My only concern about the games is that they are far too easy to beat, excluding the fact where you complete your entire pokedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario
    Also when you enter a new region when you beat the region you where in all your Pokemon's levels will be reset to level 40, but your first 3 Pokemon in your party will be at level 45 instead.
    Just in my opinion, I don't think this is a very good idea. But the fact you mention about entering a new region is obviously inspired by the fact that you could travel to Kanto in HG/SS. Honestly, I thought that was a waste of time considering the fact that the main story is already completed, and the only major things that keep you playing are the increased amount of Gym Leaders and the fact that you can challenge Red.

Other than that, the story carried on a sluggish pace when you entered Kanto in HG/SS. What I'd like to see are two completely different antgonists, let's say, Galactic and Rocket, working together, making them harder to stop. That would be a good story filler.
    Last edited by Primal Crusader V; 15th October 2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

In terms of the title, no. As it is, Pokemon is basically limitless once you factor in Battle Facilities. Even without those the games still have plenty to do, battling and not battling. What needs to be kept in mind is the limits of the people making the game, sometimes you simply can't add this or that for some reason or another. What we have is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    Like imagine a pokemon game where you can go to every region and your journey is much more longer, where you do certain scenarios in your journey. Also when you enter a new region when you beat the region you where in all your Pokemon's levels will be reset to level 40, but your first 3 Pokemon in your party will be at level 45 instead. Also at the last region when you face the elite 4, instead of the usual elite 4 members, you will face all of the previous playable characters (Ethan,Red etc.) and the champion will be Red. Order when you face them: Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert and Red. So guysm give me some of your ideas.

Ethan's Pokemon: Level: 62-65
    Brendan's Pokemon: Level: 65-68
    Lucas' Pokemon: Level: 68-73
    Hilbert's Pokemon: Level: 71-75
    Red's Pokemon: Level: 72-84

The maximum levels for Gym leaders Pokemon are: Level 60
    The lowest levels for Gym leaders Pokemon are: Level 45
    This idea gets brought up all the time(All regions in one game), frankly, the more regions that get made the less likely it's going to happen, eventually it'll just be too big, the best we'll probably ever get is two regions in one.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

This dumb idea gets brought up so much, or at least with the current leveling mechanics. Its just wouldn't work. On top of that, it would get extremely repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You know what would be awesome, though? DLC. You download it off the eShop or something, and it gives you a new set of areas (maybe about the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone), and it has new Pokemon previously unavailable in the game, new legendaries (maybe even some event legendaries), and maybe even a mini storyline. It would really take event areas to the next level by actually giving them a purpose outside of simply being an empty patch of land with a legendary.
    Totally agree with this idea. It'll give you a good reason to go back to the game after you've completed it.
    No sig. Deal with it.

what about having to be able to pick one reigon to start out of them all and aafter beating the main story an area opens up like a port where you can visit another reigons certain area like sinnoh it could be the battle area. for example if i picked johto as my home reigon i would do the usual beat elite four and champ and vist inaccesable areas. one of those locked areas would be a port in cianwood city(by the ocean)where you could visit kanto hoenn sinnoh unova ect.. but only a part of it like a sidequest with some unavalible pokes and so forth.each reigon you pick to start even affects those in the sidequests. does anyone think that this idea could work?

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    what about having to be able to pick one reigon to start out of them all and aafter beating the main story an area opens up like a port where you can visit another reigons certain area like sinnoh it could be the battle area. for example if i picked johto as my home reigon i would do the usual beat elite four and champ and vist inaccesable areas. one of those locked areas would be a port in cianwood city(by the ocean)where you could visit kanto hoenn sinnoh unova ect.. but only a part of it like a sidequest with some unavalible pokes and so forth.each reigon you pick to start even affects those in the sidequests. does anyone think that this idea could work?
    I can't see it happening. It's kind of weird being able to access an area that's so close to another region, but not the region itself. Maybe for the Sevii Islands, since they're not particularly close to Kanto, but not anything else. The Battle Zone, for instance, is within Surfing distance of mainland Sinnoh, so why doesn't the boat go there too? Also, most of the regions are really far away from each other (especially Unova and likely every future region), so taking a boat over there in the first place probably wouldn't be that easy.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 16th October 2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    No. The point is that multiple regions are too big to fit. It's best to just stick with one, maybe two if they're small.
    what i ment was that you complete one reigon of your choice and then have a small area of another that you can complete if you want and by small i mean a route or two and one (maybe two)
    city(ies) thats about it for the extra.

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

You know what would be awesome, though? DLC. You download it off the eShop or something, and it gives you a new set of areas (maybe about the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone), and it has new Pokemon previously unavailable in the game, new legendaries (maybe even some event legendaries), and maybe even a mini storyline. It would really take event areas to the next level by actually giving them a purpose outside of simply being an empty patch of land with a legendary.
    Quoted for the truth. I would truly love to see this implemented. Heck, it wouldn't even interfere with people doing wireless battles offline who don't have access to the internet. Simply have the person using the DLC temporarily give the data neccesary for the battle (the new pokemon) to the offline person, then have the data delete itself immeaditely after the battle. While this may make the load time for games longer, if it's free (which you didn't specify), it isn't all that hard to find a wifi hotspot that you could use. If you're playing with someone using it, you could easily just ask if you can go to where they went to download it. If they do charge for it... Well, my solution still works. Of course, I suddenly realised you may have meant pokemon from past games that can't be found normally in the region. Which one?
    I have officially claimed Castform, The Master of all Weather!

Monorpale is my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon so far. If you have a problem with it, you can talk to the tassel hand.

Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    what i ment was that you complete one reigon of your choice and then have a small area of another that you can complete if you want and by small i mean a route or two and one (maybe two)
    city(ies) thats about it for the extra.
    Yeah, I know, I misread it. I still can't see it happening, though. It's kind of pointless just to visit a small part of a random region.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound View Post
    Quoted for the truth. I would truly love to see this implemented. Heck, it wouldn't even interfere with people doing wireless battles offline who don't have access to the internet. Simply have the person using the DLC temporarily give the data neccesary for the battle (the new pokemon) to the offline person, then have the data delete itself immeaditely after the battle. While this may make the load time for games longer, if it's free (which you didn't specify), it isn't all that hard to find a wifi hotspot that you could use. If you're playing with someone using it, you could easily just ask if you can go to where they went to download it. If they do charge for it... Well, my solution still works. Of course, I suddenly realised you may have meant pokemon from past games that can't be found normally in the region. Which one?
    I meant the latter. So, say if they were to make DLC for BW2, you could find Pokemon like these:

Pikachu
    Wurmple
    Nincada
    Burmy
    Scyther
    Ralts
    Shinx
    Pidgey
    Zigzagoon
    Electrode
    Tauros/Miltank
    Whismur
    Porygon
    Tentacool
    Ponyta
    Torkoal
    Unown
    some starters
    Mewtwo
    Lugia/Ho-oh

Something like that. Maybe they could do new content, but that's not quite what I had in mind. The idea is that instead of creating entirely new games just to have certain Pokemon available, you simply download an add on to an existing region instead. It cuts down on rehashing that way.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 16th October 2012 at 12:58 AM.

To me the length is alright. But I would like to see some more scenarios. I think it would be nice if they had more in-depth side quests, for example

I always thought that it would be neat to have other regions available to visit post game (just like in the second generation games); however, it is true that the game would have some difficulty balancing itself with Pokemon levels and so on.

However, I do wish that there was more things to do after defeating the Elite 4. Aside from GSC, I never found the games too enjoyable to play once the main game is completed (I know most people do, but I guess I'm one of the few who gets bored after the story ends :P).
    Black Team:

Currently replaying Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver!

I think that rather than something as complex as what you have suggested, we should just have more battles with our friends/rivals in the game and less battles with random trainers to build the storyline a little bit more, because up until Generation 3 we didn't have great storylines, and with Generation 5 we have the best storylines to date. I hope Nintendo continues this streak of detail in the story rather than just the regular beat the gyms and the Elite 4.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

Default anyone here from wilmington, nc?

hey.... sooooooo i want to get my pokemon from my pokemon white to my black 2 and im not about to go out and buy another ds cuz thats just stupid...i havent beat the game yet but was hoping to find someone early. anyways i was hoping to find someone in my same situation. pm me if there is anyone... we can find a neutral location... thanks!

PS if anyone knows another way to go about getting my other guys and wouldnt mind sharing that would be great
    Last edited by Drkstar827; 16th October 2012 at 3:43 AM.

My battle team

looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Drkstar827 View Post
    hey.... sooooooo i want to get my pokemon from my pokemon white to my black 2 and im not about to go out and buy another ds cuz thats just stupid...i havent beat the game yet but was hoping to find someone early. anyways i was hoping to find someone in my same situation. pm me if there is anyone... we can find a neutral location... thanks!

PS if anyone knows another way to go about getting my other guys and wouldnt mind sharing that would be great
    Well, there's always the GTS. Before I got upgraded to the 3DS, thus acquiring 2 DSs, I always had to do it that way. Put a crappy Pokemon from your "receiving" game up for trade on the GTS, and ask for the Pokemon you want to transfer. Make sure you note the details like gender and level. Then boot up your other game, do a specific search for that crappy pokemon, and offer the transferring Pokemon. It's extremely slow, and it can be frustrating if the Pokemon you put up to trade is so common that you can't locate it even with a specific search, but it's an alternative to trying to locate some stranger that you won't know you can trust just to get some pokes transferred...

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Considering how much of SPPf consists of teens and preteens, setting up an in-person meeting with a complete stranger is pretty unsafe for them(and possibly you too, since I have no idea how old you are). Find a real-life friend who can help(even if you just borrow their DS for a bit) or figure out a way to do it with someone else over wi-fi or something.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Has anyone see what you've got to do to Complete Medal Rally?

I'm working on the forum Guide.. out of the 256 Medals (I counted!) They have stuff like Find a Shiny, beat Iris with party of Normal pokémon, beat Iris with 1 Pokémon!

I doubt anyone has completed the medal Rally yet, the very dedicated could just about reach required number of Dream world visits in the next few days. (It's just been 115 days since BW2's Release, and that's not counting Maintenance downtimes.)

They've added LOTS of post game Content compared to the older games.

As people have said, the "story" of GSC/HGSS basicly is over by the time you reach Pewter City. The only thing driving you is that There are several known trainers and a Kanto badge collection to fill.

The Early routes in when you Beat the elite 4 are more of an annoyance as they slow you down than an challenge, So Revisiting a new area like GSC/HGSS did we're not brilliantly keen but the "all-region" games are not.

If you look at the Pokédex for loactions, you'll find they manage to sneak in most of the old Pokémon for the last two Generations. Actually in DP, only a select few Pokémon had to be "Trade" or Pal Parked, the almost all exact same Pokemon still need to be moved in a simalar way to BWB2W2.

Oh. they have DLC for all most all the DS Pokémon games. It's Just not called DLC, officially. Global Link and Mystery Gift WonderCards provide as nearest the DS do for actual DLC. The Main issue with DLC is that games much be programmed in a way to accept it, but I don't think DS games or the hardware is built in a way to do large scale changes beyond some Minor fixes. Actually Most free "DLC" in the DS is just really Content unlockers, as you can usually find the data for the DLC content on the card if you dig deep enough.

In PC and Consoles. Many of the onlin eMultiplayers games that use DLC will force you update before you can play online again. I'd be willing day for certain that No DLC user of Boarderlands 2 will update at the same time as the DLC is launched as the DLC does. It most likey will add new items to the game that people without DLC will be able to see.

I think I could say that Mods for PC games such as in the Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/ are fan made DLC. Several of the games on that page have DLC. They add new levels, like the Mods do, others Add new characters Like the Mods do. Oh yes, I also know that some of the mods on that are built by the People who make the games! This is a Page about Mod for New Vegas made by the Lead developer of New Vegas.. http://www.falloutwiki.com/JSawyer It's almost as easy to add as the DLC, if you use a Mod Manager. I'm not sure how much one person's involvement with another mod is I'm skipping the link to that mod.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Oh. they have DLC for all most all the DS Pokémon games. It's Just not called DLC, officially. Global Link and Mystery Gift WonderCards provide as nearest the DS do for actual DLC. The Main issue with DLC is that games much be programmed in a way to accept it, but I don't think DS games or the hardware is built in a way to do large scale changes beyond some Minor fixes. Actually Most free "DLC" in the DS is just really Content unlockers, as you can usually find the data for the DLC content on the card if you dig deep enough.
    The next main game isn't likely to be on the DS anyway, I'm looking at 3DS at this point. And 3DS is capable of actual DLC, right?

Page 2159 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 1159205921092149215521562157215821592160216121622163216922092259 ... LastLast