View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2165 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 1165206521152155216121622163216421652166216721682169217522152265 ... LastLast
Results 54,101 to 54,125 of 58953

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

I actually like both magmorter and electivire. I think their designs are pretty cool. And I battle with electivire constantly, it can pack quite a punch if you know how to use it

Sometimes I think I might be genetically inclined to like things that are popularly disliked and not be fond of things that are popularly liked. I always found lucario, the eeveelutions, most of the pseudo-legendaries and other dragons, and absol to be dull and not that great, likely specifically because of all the exposure their popularity causes. I also like quite a few pokémon people hate on like bibarel and caterpie. Also, there are cases where I kind of missed the memo that people were supposed to hate certain things, so I take a fondness to them only to find that I'm the only one that does. I actually liked Misty, togepi and jigglypuff and things like that in the anime, but all I hear on the forum is how liking any of those things is a sure sign that someone is mentally challenged.

Another thing that separates me from the general pokémon fanbase is that I'm really not much of a gamer. Pokémon is almost the only video game I ever play, and when I do, I usually don't formulate complex mechanics-based strategies. I often enjoy winding up and letting go with bizarre, ridiculous novelty moves more.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Satomine Night for the awesome banner, and Mechadragon X for the sprite in it!

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    Sometimes I think I might be genetically inclined to like things that are popularly disliked and not be fond of things that are popularly liked. I always found lucario, the eeveelutions, most of the pseudo-legendaries and other dragons, and absol to be dull and not that great, likely specifically because of all the exposure their popularity causes. I also like quite a few pokémon people hate on like bibarel and caterpie. Also, there are cases where I kind of missed the memo that people were supposed to hate certain things, so I take a fondness to them only to find that I'm the only one that does. I actually liked Misty, togepi and jigglypuff and things like that in the anime, but all I hear on the forum is how liking any of those things is a sure sign that someone is mentally challenged.

Another thing that separates me from the general pokémon fanbase is that I'm really not much of a gamer. Pokémon is almost the only video game I ever play, and when I do, I usually don't formulate complex mechanics-based strategies. I often enjoy winding up and letting go with bizarre, ridiculous novelty moves more.
    There's a term for people like you: Hipster.

jk but I didn't know liking Misty and Caterpie were unpopular opinions.

I'm not much of a gamer too and I only use pokemon I like no matter how bad they are but I do try to equip them with good movesets to make up for it.

Sometimes I think I might be genetically inclined to like things that are popularly disliked and not be fond of things that are popularly liked.
    Oh, same here. I get sick of over-exposed stuff easily and I tend to like the disliked/hated ones :/

Again, same here. The games I play the most are the ones I used to play on my old SNES or old-school fighting games (like KOF).
    I have only one console and I will buy another (3DS) only when they release new Pokémon games.

To be honest, even with Pokémon, I spent more time looking for images or talking about them on forums than actually playing the games.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 20th October 2012 at 1:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    There's a term for people like you: Hipster.

jk but I didn't know liking Misty and Caterpie were unpopular opinions.
    Misty is hated on here. I see a good number. It's sad, she's my favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Misty is hated on here. I see a good number. It's sad, she's my favorite character.
    It's like me and Electivire, I thought everyone loved her when I was a bit younger.
    Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke Team

Dead Pokemon:

Gym Badges: 8
    Current Location: Plasma Frigate

She's my second fav after Lorelei. If I was a pokemon character, it would definitely be Misty (even though I'm a boy), who aspires to be like Lorelei.
    It wouldn't have anything to do with her being the first travelling companion, triggering nostalgia flashes would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    It's like me and Electivire, I thought everyone loved her when I was a bit younger.
    It wouldn't have anything to do with her being the first travelling companion, triggering nostalgia flashes would it?
    People just say she's annoying. And they give multiple reason why they don't like her.

People just say she's annoying. And they give multiple reason why they don't like her.
    Shows how much I care and pay attention to the fanbase flow. I don't care if things are too "mainstream" or too disliked; I like what I like and other people's opinions, whether they like it with me or not, won't change mine.

Anime!Misty is okay.
    Definitely not my favorite character, since I prefer May, Dawn and Iris over her, but I see no reason for hating at least.

Game!Misty is annoying :l

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Anime!Misty is okay.
    Definitely not my favorite character, since I prefer May, Dawn and Iris over her, but I see no reason for hating at least.

Game!Misty is annoying :l
    Why because of her Starmie she uses against you? I never liked going against the starfish.

Dead Pokemon:

Why because of her Starmie she uses against you? I never liked going against the starfish.
    No, because of her personality. Which I don't remember well now, since there is a long time since I played Gen I/II games.

Talking about hating a certain character. Tell me, why people dislike Iris? :|

Some people say Iris is stealing Ash's spotlight. I don't see that, I'm glad they're building up a female character.

No, because of her personality. Which I don't remember well now, since there is a long time since I played Gen I/II games.

I think there is Iris dislike is because she was probably not as hot as Dawn and friends.

Dead Pokemon:

Most people say they don't like Misty because she didn't have a huge side plot in the show (the coordinators did have significantly more developed ones). Though I'd say Misty haters/Misty fan bashers definitely do have things in common with vocal anti-genwunners.

On the subject of the anime, I also don't think I dislike Ash and Brock like a lot of people do either. I'm not an Ash fan, but I don't see him as an idiot so much as I find him unpleasantly merciless towards his enemies.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Satomine Night for the awesome banner, and Mechadragon X for the sprite in it!

Some people say Iris is stealing Ash's spotlight. I don't see that, I'm glad they're building up a female character.
    If anything, who stole Ash's spotlight is Dawn, not Iris.

I think there is Iris dislike is because she was probably not as hot as Dawn and friends.
    Arguably. But truth to be said, none of them is really hot. They are just freaking kids.

I thought Misty had the most personality out of the girls which is why I like her the most (but maybe people just don't like her kind of personality)
    I don't have feelings for Iris but I'm not to fond of her design for stupid reasons: She has so much hair and it's all bundled up into one big pack that it looks like she would stink in real life. (Stinky people are probably my biggest pet peeve). I'm being serious, who knows how much dirt and other stuff is in there. I also don't know what is up with her bangs (or is her hairline just receding?)

If anything, who stole Ash's spotlight is Dawn, not Iris.

Arguably. But truth to be said, none of them is really hot. They are just freaking kids.
    I agree, none of them are hot and me at my age liking them would be weird.

Dead Pokemon:

I like Pachirisu. I hate Pikachu.

Now, the second one may be popular on the internet and among actual Pokemon plays, but to everyone else in the world who doesn't know much about Pokemon, they are all like "omgomgomg, how can you hate Pikachu?"

Overmarketed little rat...

I thought Misty had the most personality out of the girls which is why I like her the most (but maybe people just don't like her kind of personality)
    I don't have feelings for Iris but I'm not to fond of her design for stupid reasons: She has so much hair and it's all bundled up into one big pack that it looks like she would stink in real life. (Stinky people are probably my biggest pet peeve). I'm being serious, who knows how much dirt and other stuff is in there. I also don't know what is up with her bangs (or is her hairline just receding?)
    Yeah, her hair is a bit weird. Don't know if she would stink in real life, though.

I agree, none of them are hot and me at my age liking them would be weird.
    How old are you, if I may ask?

Yeah, her hair is a bit weird. Don't know if she would stink in real life, though.

How old are you, if I may ask?
    I don't like revealing stuff like this, let's just say I'm old enough to not date ten year olds.

Dead Pokemon:

Misty is also one of my favorite characters.
    ~
    I really liked the 5 gen. Personally, I think it's one of the best.

I'm probably gonna get hate for this, but IMO:

Gen III > Gen I

Come at 90's kids, COME AT ME!

The "opinion" i hate the most is this one:

New pokemon suck the best are the original 150 LOL!

Most people that say this don't even know what they are talking about as, for example, it could be said Munna is one of the original 150 yet it was included in the 5th gen.

Thanks to My sister for this godlike Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post

Gen III > Gen I
    I agree with this. >,>

Page 2165 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 1165206521152155216121622163216421652166216721682169217522152265 ... LastLast