View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2179 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 1179207921292169217521762177217821792180218121822183218922292279 ... LastLast
Results 54,451 to 54,475 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

The 1st gen Pokes really weren't that good.

A rock with hands! A blob of goo! How original.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post

I agree. I loved them at the time but now I only really like some of them.

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post

Well, to be fair, every generation has its share of unoriginal Pokémon... though Gen I probably has the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    So, judging from all the hate Johto's getting... I'm the only who likes Pokéathlons? ;~;
    No.
    That was the best thing about Johto.

Quote Originally Posted by henryqueue View Post
    I agree. I loved them at the time but now I only really like some of them.
    This.

But still prefer Kanto Pokémon over the Johto ones, with some exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Violet Moon Ray View Post
    With time being my most precious asset, I fear that getting B/W and then getting B/W 2 would be pointless, save for some pokemon availabilities and such.
    The latter are true sequels to the former. B/W 2 take place two years after B/W and depict a second, later and slightly different adventure than is offered in B/W. As far as pure gameplay, you likely would not be hurting for not playing B/W, but a completed B/W game will alter your B/W2 experience, even if slightly. As far as story, again, B/W2 are true sequels to B/W. The latter tell a story that has elements continued in the former, including characters and locations that reappear and plot points that are threaded through both. If that holds no real value to you, then ignore it.

I'm also not sure how to even go about using that feature that says it lets you store your game file on the Intarnetz and then download it to another game?
    This isn't what happens.

I think that's how you move your save data from BW to BW2, yes?
    No. There's no "moving" of any actual save data between the two games. A completed B/W game unlocks certain flashbacks and other small game elements when linked to a B/W2 game. The game experience really will mirror your own - if you play Black or White first, some of those experiences and some of those resources will carry over and/or be available to you in B/W2. If you don't, then you aren't penalized in any significant way for playing B/W2 cold.

Anyways, I don't know anything about the BW series, so I was hoping someone could give me some reasons as to why or why not I should buy B/W first and then get B/W 2 next.
    That's entirely up to you. It basically boils down to whether you want to play both halves of one vague, larger story, in the form of two games, or if you're okay simply starting with part 2.

The actual question: What would YOU do if you were in this predicament?
    I'd probably ask here, where questions are better suited.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 23rd October 2012 at 1:13 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    [FONT=Tahoma]

You have my respect.

Same here, Hilda is the female protagonist I like the least. Rosa on other hand is my favorite.
    Like the simplicity in Hilda's design but I digress. Rosa is my favorite out of the two though.

This.

But still prefer Kanto Pokémon over the Johto ones, with some exceptions.
    I mostly agree though some of my favorites are of Johto. And no GSCHGSS didn't suck balls.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Am I the only person that likes Hilda and dislikes Mei?

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    Am I the only person that likes Hilda and dislikes Mei?
    I wouldn't say I dislike Mei, but I think Hilda is a lot, lot better. But Hilda's my favorite PC so~

I think the consensus is that Hilda is better anyway. A loooot of people thought both PCs of BW2 were pretty over-the-top.

Considering how Hilda dresses herself, I suppose she will always be more popular than Rosa and probably any other female protagonist in the series.

I like Nate/Rosa instead of the Hil prefixes given to the protagonists in BW1 but I like the Sinnoh characters out of all protagonists.

Unppular Opinions?

I usually get flack for thinking the best gym leaders are the older ones like Clay, Byron, Wattson, Bertha etc. I have more fun battling Byron or Clay than I ever do Morty or Volkner. (As such I routinely harass them in their gyms when I can)
    I also like Zubats. They're very useful pokemon. My Crobat is one of my favourites in Platinum and I often go into caves on purpose to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    but I like the Sinnoh characters out of all protagonists.
    I really dislike Dawn, but that's probably just me.

Oh, and I like Kris. And I don't like Lyra.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Considering how Hilda dresses herself, I suppose she will always be more popular than Rosa and probably any other female protagonist in the series.
    I don't think Hilda is dressed any worse than Dawn is with that short skirt of hers >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I don't think Hilda is dressed any worse than Dawn is with that short skirt of hers >.>
    Personally I have no problem with her outfit... No, to be honest, I don't like her shorts that much. And unlike Dawn, she looks a bit older and more mature.

That being said, I think her outfit pleases the male player base a lot.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 23rd October 2012 at 1:36 AM.

I like all shinies, especially the ones like Froslass and Garchomp with lighter/darker shades.

Default Is Gothitelle good?

I've been training one because she's my favorite Pokemon, and I was just seeing because I play competitively.
    [img]http://oi52.*******.com/x0zrbb.jpg[/img]
    ~Have a Lovely day, an don't forget to be Victorious!~

It's decent as a Trick Room starter in lower tiers, not that great for other things.

weeeeelllll, i don't think it should matter what other people think but if you want my opinion, i think she's a great pokemon. i would go with a lower speed plus sp.attk.

(hey, coincidence....)
    岩根雅明=♡

Default Connection Between Sinnoh Dragons and Unova Dragons?

We all know the origin stories of the timespace dragons, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, and as the current generation goes on, so does the origins of the Yin-Yang dragons, Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem. I've been thinking though, there might be some kind of connection between the two sets of legendary dragons. Just think about it, they are all dragons obviously, both Giratina and Kyurem have special formes that are activated with special items, and each one of the six has a powerful move. Do you guys know what I'm saying? If so, what do you think of this mystery connection that's probably hiding from us?

There is no connection. They reused one or two vague thematic concepts. Nothing more. They have nothing to gain by linking the headliners of their current generation of games to those from games that are six years old and a generation defunct.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The only reason for those similarities is the fact that Game Freak is very formulaic. And because people like controlling big dragons with super-special powers and krazy shapeshifting abilities.
    Last edited by Endolise; 23rd October 2012 at 5:31 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

There are better Pyschic pokémon out there, but it's not used much competitively. Being one of the Version exclusives, it's looses out to Reuniclus in most offence, but Reuniclus as defensive abilities that help make up for the lack of Def stats.

It's often compared to Gardevour, who just about Beats all the stats, and has two nice abilites.

I've got to shut it, GPD rules. No talk about 1 pokémon.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

in-game it says zekrom and reshiram together created the unova region,and giratina,palkia,and dialga are timespace dragons.i guess theres a connection because they all create things

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    in-game it says zekrom and reshiram together created the unova region,and giratina,palkia,and dialga are timespace dragons.i guess theres a connection because they all create things
    Reshiram and Zekrom "created" the region as in they helped found its civilization. They did not physically create anything.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Page 2179 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 1179207921292169217521762177217821792180218121822183218922292279 ... LastLast