View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2252 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 1252215222022242224822492250225122522253225422552256226223022352 ... LastLast
Results 56,276 to 56,300 of 58953

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Default Pokemon Adventures should be adapted into an animated series.

I don't consider it manga anyhow. I think it's not manga.

Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2.

I know this because I am from the future. Anyone wants tomorrow's lottery numbers, form an orderly line to the right please.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

This generation has already broken the trend by making direct sequels... I honestly don't see a third version being released.

I'm sorry, but why do you mean by saying a manga is not a manga?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2.

I know this because I am from the future. Anyone wants tomorrow's lottery numbers, form an orderly line to the right please.
    Stay classy BCVM22.

Anyway, if you're expecting Pokemon Gray to come, it won't. BW2 has surpassed anything that Gray could ever be, and it's just not necessary. Besides, do we really need more rehashing?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

IDK what you mean about it not being a manga, but I agree that the anime should be more like Adventures. The anime as it is is just too boring.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Ishihara himself said they went for sequels because they knew everyone was expecting a third version again, so... the answer to your question is nothing. Not this Generation.

The first movie, when Ash turns into a stone.
    Then, all pokemons start crying. Goddammit, that maked me cry.

tumblr | egc | pc

Quote Originally Posted by Mononoke Hime View Post
    The first movie, when Ash turns into a stone.
    Then, all pokemons start crying. Goddammit, that maked me cry.
    That was sad, but...
    IIIIII CRYYYYYY,
    WHEN TOGETICS DESERVE TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...
    - Dawnstar Sanctuary Door Riddle, The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim

Founding member of the Foothills Faction of the Southeastern TCG Dons, established 2010
    Veni, Vidi, Victini

FC: 0817-3983-2541
    IGN OR: Johnny
    IGN X: Jaques
    Friend Safari - Dark

Wanted - Shinies, events, and more!

A "remake" like the first 4 Generations did won't happen.

I personally believe that the 5th Gen is only going to have 4 games, partly we've basicly done "three years" of events in one, given the last 5 years. BW2 launched at the wrong time of year. And Finally, BW2 was the only DS game at E3 this year, to my knowllage, and the 3DS 's second model is now out.

Shutting, all I can see this going is a Speculation thread, which is a banned topic.

No, it shouldn't. I appreciate PokéSpe a lot, but let it as manga-only.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The anime as it is is just too boring.
    No it isn't. It is pretty decent :')

Well, the anime certainly draws in it's target audience well enough to be successful, so this probably won't happen.

Though I would prefer the anime to be more like a copy of the video game's plot, whatever. I'll just stick to the video games, and then anime fans everywhere won't be angered.

Unless you mean a brand new animated series? But between that and the current anime, things would be more confusing then all the different pokemon medias being separate...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FusRoDah View Post
    That was sad, but...
    IIIIII CRYYYYYY,
    WHEN TOGETICS DESERVE TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh gosh, I laught very hard.

tumblr | egc | pc

I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't mind an anime based on the manga

Thread bumped- shutting..

The anime's gotten slightly predictable and boring in my opinion. I definitely think that creating an anime based on the manga is something they should do.

(Didn't creators say they wanted their storyline to be more like the manga than it was in the anime?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
    The anime's gotten slightly predictable and boring in my opinion. I definitely think that creating an anime based on the manga is something they should do.

(Didn't creators say they wanted their storyline to be more like the manga than it was in the anime?)
    They said the Pokemon Special manga was closest to their vision of the Pokemon World.
    † I am a Christian and not ashamed of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

https://websitering.neocities.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Uh, if you're talking about watch-to-kill-time kind of decent, I'll agree.

At the end of the day it's an advertising tool for the game series (and not the other way round), so we can't expect it to have the kind of story arc of usual anime series derived from works of talented manga artists. It doesn't build up the tension towards the end point, because frankly speaking there's none.

IDK what you mean about it not being a manga, but I agree that the anime should be more like Adventures. The anime as it is is just too boring.
    Whether the manga can make a better series is debatable. For one thing, even though the current animated series don't follow the games in terms of certain battle mechanics, they don't actually contradict the games by depicting people like gym leaders as antagonists. And frankly speaking as someone who doesn't follow the series I still enjoy the game itself, and I don't see how an animated series based on Special/Adventure would my gaming experience any better. They're kind of unrelated no?
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 13th November 2012 at 3:50 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    They said the Pokemon Special manga was closest to their vision of the Pokemon World.
    Ha ha ha ha ha... no.

The quote you're referring to was a throwaway line regarding the first volume, and the first volume only, of Special in relation to the other mangas available, those other mangas being a couple of gag series. The anime was never compared to Special. It really doesn't mean anything.

And Pokemon Special really doesn't need to be animated. Honestly, the writing isn't nearly as good as some fans make it out to be. Really.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    And Pokemon Special really doesn't need to be animated. Honestly, the writing isn't nearly as good as some fans make it out to be. Really.
    Well, really that can be subjective. And while I'm satisfied with just reading it, seeing it animated would be a real treat.

P.S. Anyone notice the OP's username.
    Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White Chapter PILOT

"14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age. He may possess the exact same abilities as her but his views couldn't be more different. As her team grows in strength, numbers and bonds, Hilda finds a tangled web of mystery weaving around her and a daunting fate that she can't ever turn her back on..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    No, it is. There's no plot, Ash and friends do very little in between gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Uh, if you're talking about watch-to-kill-time kind of decent, I'll agree.

At the end of the day it's an advertising tool for the game series (and not the other way round), so we can't expect it to have the kind of story arc of usual anime series derived from works of talented manga artists. It doesn't build up the tension towards the end point, because frankly speaking there's none.
    Tell that to other similar series like Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, and Bakugan that also manage to advertise the series while also actually having a plot.

Whether the manga can make a better series is debatable. For one thing, even though the current animated series don't follow the games in terms of certain battle mechanics, they don't actually contradict the games by depicting people like gym leaders as antagonists.
    If having a few OOC gym leaders is the only flaw, I'd gladly take that as opposed to a series with 1% plot and 99% filler.

And frankly speaking as someone who doesn't follow the series I still enjoy the game itself, and I don't see how an animated series based on Special/Adventure would my gaming experience any better. They're kind of unrelated no?
    It enhances the games' experience by investigating certain plot points the game may not. For instance, we knew that Silver was Giovanni's son in the manga long before we did in the games.

Tell that to other similar series like Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, and Bakugan that also manage to advertise the series while also actually having a plot.
    The nature of those series is that they're not centered a semi-RPG game where there's a protagonist following some sort of story, but other forms of merchandise. One is a monster version of Tamagotchi with battling capabilities, and two are card games. You can even add the Battle B-Daman, Mini 4-wheel drive, Beyblade to the list; I see like a new merchandise series on my local kids channel every two years or so. There's more, but I can't remember the names.

The series (or actually, I only know the early generations of the Digimon series) are alright for the purpose they're meant to serve. But you have to understand that these series have the liberty to design any character, have any crazy storyline about world destruction and blow what the merchandise actually does out of proportions because there's nothing else to do. The Pokemon series on the other hand serves to primarily introduce new Pokemon and impart basic game knowledge to kids who're not tech savvy enough to find out information from fansites, and those information are actually applicable to the game itself.

Not to mention that Adventure has a rather dark theme involving death of characters and Pokemon. Even the digimon series, which has more monster-like depiction, has to tone down on the death part by describing digimon death as returning to their egg form.

For me, the series can improve by just including more realistic elements, like having a more decent team of late stage Pokemon, more epic fights, and perhaps spending more time on events that take place in the game as well. But to do that we'll have to replace Ash Ketchum first. I don't really need the excessively dramatic storyline that won't make sense in the game itself.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 13th November 2012 at 5:05 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.

Not to mention that Adventure has a rather dark theme involving death of characters and Pokemon. Even the digimon series, which has more monster-like depiction, has to tone down on the death part by describing digimon death as returning to their egg form.
    I don't mind that. I just care that it's in a similar style to Adventure, not a word for word adaptation.

For me, the series can improve by just including more realistic elements, like having a more decent team of late stage Pokemon, more epic fights, and perhaps spending more time on events that take place in the game as well. But to do that we'll have to replace Ash Ketchum first.
    That would certainly go a long way to making the series more interesting. I doubt they'll want to replace Ash, though, nor do I necessarily think they need to.

Just a question: does SOMEBODY from the target audience even know why Ash doesn't evolve pikachu or why he have him in the first place the answer is probably: no. so.. they should end the anime and start another one.. I think the B2W2 promo was really well done for a pokemon anime it could run with some filler battles of some NPC fights or events for 12 episodes at least per game series released so they have as of now klike 200 episodes that can be done for every main series game.. and do it with the script of the games with some twists and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Back when the game doesn't actually have much of a storyline, and internet usage wasn't as widespread, the series does a pretty good job in keeping things exciting on a weekly basis, and this probably still applies to kids today. Eventually, we as players get to battle the Elite Four and Blue/Gary even though Ash never made it that far because he always loses at the qualifying rounds of the League (which if you ask me seems similar to PWT).

After that, the anime series move on to the Orange League, and I lost my interest in it, since it's not longer reflective of the game in terms of the choice of protagonist and the major events that take place. I have no idea how accurate or farfetched the manga is compared to the game with the given characters either. They seem set on using the color of the generation for their protagonists even though the game as moved away from that practice since what, Gen III?

Page 2252 of 2359 FirstFirst ... 1252215222022242224822492250225122522253225422552256226223022352 ... LastLast