View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2255 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 125521552205224522512252225322542255225622572258225922652305 ... LastLast
Results 56,351 to 56,375 of 58020

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I agree. my friend rose his Keldeo up to lvl 80 and its his best pkmn (80? really?) and he won the elite four with it, but ill never stop callin him a newb (along with his bro callin him a newb) cuz legends have unnaturally perfect stats, moves, and types. its like having a shiny dragonite. when WOULDN'T, you use tht pkmn?! be honest...
    The only "newb" here is you for being so closed minded and judgemental. What does it matter to you if your friend choose to raise his Keldeo in his team? It's his team and game NOT yours.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

BCVM has the links..

Shutting - GPD is not a game help forum - GPD Rules - You may want to look at the GPD Announcement.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    And Serebii had a typo in its link, that is why the link was invalid.
    Not any more.. I fixed it..

Technically, this is a Game help thread.. so Shutting. GPD rules.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Exactly what BB said. Like...really. I should call you a "nweb" ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

We'll... Personally, I do feel like cheating when using legendaries as their stats are far superior than regular pokemon, Aswell as the fact that anyone can use them hence their commonness...
    The only "newb" here is you for being so closed minded and judgemental. What does it matter to you if your friend choose to raise his Keldeo in his team? It's his team and game NOT yours.
    Talking about "judgemental"...
    Last edited by Watchog; 16th November 2012 at 11:18 PM.

I use legendaries. On my Heartgold team, I used a Ho-oh and a Suicune. You know who else I used? a Butterfree, a Plusle, a Nidoking, and a Jumpluff. Suddenly, my legendaries become less impressive.

It isn't your choice to decide who a "newb" and who isn't. I don't use legendary Pokemon because of their stats, I use them because I genuinely like them. I don't even look at most of my Pokemon's stats. I look at their design and mythology and decide if I want them on my team. Just because you personally don't like them, it doesn't make you any better than people who do like them.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Depends completely on the legendary and situation at hand. Not all legendaries are good, hell even Nintendo allows the lesser ones to be used in PWT and tournaments so I wouldn't consider it cheating or even being a "noob" in that sense. On that same note, using the most powerful legendaries like Arceus against each other is fine since both players are on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    You people have got to admit that using Legendaries for everything is kind of like cheating and making you a weak trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    So all you fellow Serebii forum people give me your thoughts!
    What would be the point in giving you our thoughts if you already told us how to think?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I think using stuff like Garchomp, Scizor and other overpowered stuff makes you much more a weak trainer than using an Entei for example.

Legendaries are a largely subjective concept. In the end, it's nothing more than a matter of personal preference. While Arceus and His incredible base stats may be quite the awesome thing, He can still be countered by the right teams and moves. If somebody wants to use Legendaries, let them. There's a viable counter to most anything and everything, and a team full of "SUPER SAWESOME LEGENDARIES I AM LEET" can still be eliminated by... Oh, I don't know... A Blaziken. I hear he's been in the same tier recently.

In the end, everything has it's flaws. You shouldn't judge the standards of the Game and how it should be played based upon the inane standards of the Anime, although this point has already been made, I believe twice.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I agree legendaries aren't bad I don't abuse use them I do admit to having the event mewtwo I got and trained to level 100 and he helps me train my weaker pokemon,but I don't use them in conpetivtive play.

Ah, yes, I only use Legendaries when EV training Pokemon. I usually have my near lvl. 100 Lugia on my teams when battling the Elite 4 over again, just to help level up some Pokes. So theh CAN be useful...

I have a friend who uses mostly legendarys... he doesn't EV train and he uses really bad movesets, I beat him with my Absol every time, so he assumes my perfect IV, adamant, atk/spd, Scope Lens+Super Luck Absol is hacked

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    I have a friend who uses mostly legendarys... he doesn't EV train and he uses really bad movesets, I beat him with my Absol every time, so he assumes my perfect IV, adamant, atk/spd, Scope Lens+Super Luck Absol is hacked
    People always say that to my Dragonite which makes me mad because it beats legendaries.

I find that strategy is really the one that counts. I once saw someone beat a full legendary team with only one legend and the rest normal team using the correct way to counter and attack..so in the end its really how you use the pokemon...

I don't use legendaries, unless I'm forced to.

I think people should use the Pokémon they like, just that. You like legendary Pokémon? Fine. Go ahead, use them.

It's kinda ridiculous to label a person "noobish" or "weak" for using Pokémon they like, and these Pokémon simply happen to be legendaries.

Seriously, guys, remember Karen's Big Quote.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I was waiting for Verm to find this thread xD

But exactly. People tell me that the Pokemon I'm using is stupid and weak, and then ragequit when I beat half of their team with that same Pokemon.

It also depends in how they lable themselves. If they think they're "better" just because they have a whole team of legendaries and think they'll always win, then, that's just plain stupid. Now if you were stratistic...

I don't think it makes the person newb.
    It depends on how they're used.
    Some people can make full use of legendaries; some people can't, especially those who think that they can win just by using 6 Arceus.
    Wrong mindset, and the worst idea to get about legendaries.

Post Super effectiveness for Normal-type Pokémon battle moves?

So, then. Does any of these attacking Normal-type Pokémon battle moves need super effectiveness against Pokémon of some defending elemental types?

Nope. I think
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Time for me to comment on it.. But first...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Seriously, guys, remember Karen's Big Quote.
    Well, she only has 5 lines.. So here it her "Big Quote"

Quote Originally Posted by Karen (After being defeated)
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on—the Champion is waiting."
    Most Ledgendaries have really good stats and move sets can blow many other Pokémon out of the water.. but not all.

I know that with Shednija can wall Kyorge, until Kyorge runs out of PP and struggles, or Kyorge knows AncientPower or Rock Tomb. However, a Magikarp can bring down Shednija with with the rare move Bounce, assuming it doesn't get taken down before it hits.

This thread getting a bit stale and beginning to turn in to a +1 thread. Shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Question Are stats everything?

Do you think a Pokemon's strength is determined by its stats? I think not; I use many low-stat, low-level Pokemon and even defeat the Champion with them! Tell us what you think.

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

Types, among others. On a side note, the Champion, and the Elite Four for that matter, are generally curb-stomped for XP later in the game.
    Last edited by BritishLanguage; 17th November 2012 at 8:51 AM.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    "i have claimed metagross. this means nothing. but if you search the really long thread you will see. Metagross accompanying my name." - BritishLanguage

Stats aren't everything. typing and move selection as well as ability makes a big difference. But stats are a big role in my opinion. I preferred to use the pokemon that would actually win battles over the ones that just faint because they honestly just suck. It depends on opinion greatly though. When it comes to playing for fun I'd use 6 magikarps and beat the e4 just for the lolz. Depends if you play to beat the game fast and have a strong team or just mess around.

Page 2255 of 2321 FirstFirst ... 125521552205224522512252225322542255225622572258225922652305 ... LastLast