View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2257 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 125721572207224722532254225522562257225822592260226122672307 ... LastLast
Results 56,401 to 56,425 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

I don't get it...

It beginning to turn in to a +1 Thread. Shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Default Your stance on Genwunners?

What is your opinion on the symbol of Pokemon fanboyism, the annoying brats who are so stubbornly hellbent on the belief that there are only 151 Pokemon?

I think they're just full of bullcrap. I personally dislike Generation 1 for three reasons:

1. Yours truly, Genwunners.

2. The sprites in Pokemon Red and Blue/Green are ugly as hell.

3. Everything about Lavender Town, ESPECIALLY the music, is the most disturbing thing I have ever heard in video games.

I also dislike how nearly every single Pokemon parody focuses on Gen I Pokemon. I mean, come on, really? Why parody an, in their opinion, "only good" generation of Pokemon when you can easily go ahead and parody the supposedly "inferior" ones?

That's all I can leave it at for now. What's your input on Genwunners?

Disclaimer: If Gen I is your favourite generation and you grew up from the start of Pokemon, kudos to you. This is targeted at fanboys, not the sane, mature fans of Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

I don't argue with them anymore. It's really pointless to not let them express there opinion and move on. If they say Vanniluxe is uncreative, let them, there is no stopping them.

I hate how they wish ever other Gen never happened. Yeah, because if that happened Pokemon would get staler than a 100 year old piece of toast and the franchise would die slowly and painfully.

Well, now, to be fair, the Genwunners main point is pretty valid. They claim that the pokemon designs have gotten lame, uncreative and no longer fit the spirit of pokemon. If we look at the pokemon we have now and the pokemon we had back then, they are sooooooooo right. Back in the days of RBY we had pokemon based on turtles snakes cats and even fish but now we have crappy pokemon bassed on random objects food piles of trash and waste and I don't even know what ... I sure do miss the good old days of pokemon too *sigh*
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I prefer Gen 1 pokemon having grown up with them & whatnot. But I like the other generations as well, I mean I spent HOURS on the Gen 4 games...

Friend code White 2: 5158 1212 9002

WANTED: Kanto pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Well, now, to be fair, the Genwunners main point is pretty valid. They claim that the pokemon designs have gotten lame, uncreative and no longer fit the spirit of pokemon. If we look at the pokemon we have now and the pokemon we had back then, they are sooooooooo right. Back in the days of RBY we had pokemon based on turtles snakes cats and even fish but now we have crappy pokemon bassed on random objects food piles of trash and waste and I don't even know what ... I sure do miss the good old days of pokemon too *sigh*
    i love how the ones you chose to complain about were all from gen 1...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Why does this forum not have a like button?

But yeah. Genwunners. Myopic hypocrites, mostly. I just try to ignore them.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Well, I'm not a Genwunner, but I do like Gen 1 and 2 the most, and that's not just nostalgia. And anyways, I like the other generations too.

I don't like the hate Genwunners receive. If a Genwunner bashes others, of course you have every right to be mad. But if a Genwunner doesn't bash others and respects others's opinions, I don't see why people should bash such a person.

I think they need to respect opinions of non-Genwunners, and they don't always do that, but the hate Genwunners receive even if they don't push their opinion on others just because they're Genwunners is unfair. Their opinions should also be respected, and as far as I know, that rarely happens.

I just think both sides should accept and respect each other's opinions.

I only know of this terminology after using this forum, and I've never had a conversation with one in real life or on the internet. I don't actually see the point of having a thread specifically to discuss about a group of people who most likely wouldn't visit this forum on a regular basis. It's just going to be full of negative comments and/or flaming.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

I recently decided I'm gonna just ignore them.Ain't worth the crap.Now if they attack me,I'll gladly put them down.

I agree with AquaMilotic, the only ones that should be hated are the mindless bashers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I agree with AquaMilotic, the only ones that should be hated are the mindless bashers.
    Thanks. I often see Genwunners that don't bash others getting bashed, just for being Genwunners. I think that's unfair: some non-Genwunners want Genwunners to respect their opinion, but they don't respect the opinion of Genwunners.

There's no reason to hate Genwunners, unless they bash.

It's just like shipping wars. Why can't people just respect each other's opinions?

Ironically the people who bash Genwunners who just have a preference are no better than the stereotyped Genwunners.

Honestly and no offense but this is a pointless topic.

You have these types of people in every category of video games. Take Final Fantasy for example, most people would argue that FFVII was the last great final fantasy game. Well, that would depend on how you look at it. If you are talking deep game play, huge story line, and lovable characters than in my opinion you would be wrong. If you want to argue it from a graphics stand point than in my opinion you are wrong. if you want to try and argue it from a purely game play perspective...than again...in MY opinion, you are wrong.

My point is that Genwunners are simply stating their opinion. They can throw all kinds of talk on the table all day long, but what it simply boils down to is that it is their opinion and you do not agree with their opinion.

Listen and debate if it remain friendly, if they start to become unreasonable than walk away, no point in wasting the time

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Like BGPalmer85 said, everyone has different tastes. There are those who love the past (like me but in the music world where it's getting a bit mainstream) and those who can continue through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    What is your opinion on the symbol of Pokemon fanboyism, the annoying brats who are so stubbornly hellbent on the belief that there are only 151 Pokemon?

I think they're just full of bullcrap. I personally dislike Generation 1 for three reasons:

1. Yours truly, Genwunners.

2. The sprites in Pokemon Red and Blue/Green are ugly as hell.

3. Everything about Lavender Town, ESPECIALLY the music, is the most disturbing thing I have ever heard in video games.
    This sounds like why you don't like the First Generation games rather than about Genwunners. Futhermore even if it was a topic about Genwunners you pretty much failed since you are coming off as one.

Also you can't dislike Generation 1 purely because of the Genwunners that has nothing to do with the game, then again option 2 and 3 are just as silly.

I also dislike how nearly every single Pokemon parody focuses on Gen I Pokemon. I mean, come on, really? Why parody an, in their opinion, "only good" generation of Pokemon when you can easily go ahead and parody the supposedly "inferior" ones?
    It has nothing to do with Genwunners but to do with them only watching and playing the original games before they grew out of playing pokémon.

What's your input on Genwunners?
    That they put up a very poor argument, which is heavily based on their opinion which they are trying to present as fact. Just point out the flaws of their argument or better yet just ignore them.

Disclaimer: If Gen I is your favourite generation and you grew up from the start of Pokemon, kudos to you. This is targeted at fanboys, not the sane, mature fans of Pokemon.
    No it's targeted at anyone who likes generation one, no matter how you paint it.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Honestly and no offense but this is a pointless topic.
    This.

It should be a rule that Genwunners thread should be banned in GPD, since they go nowhere, offer nothing of value and start flame wars.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 20th November 2012 at 4:26 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I generally prefer the pre sinnoh games more, not because of the nostaligia, but just because its the new games themselves. i didnt like how BW changed the TM mechanics. i didnt like some of the newer pokemon's designs, but i dont like of the old designs too. one of the main reasons i dislike sinnoh is that they tried to jam as many legendaries into it.:

Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Heatran
    Manaphy
    Phione
    Darkrai
    Cresselia
    Shaymin
    Arceus

People didnt like BW becuse of the obvious issue with the new pokemon being the only catachable ones.

I can say I'm no "genwunner" as the term has arisen these days. What's with these idiotic terms, though? "Genwunner, newfag, nostalgiafag." Is that what Pokemon teaches us? To be jerks to each other? I don't think so. Yes, we all have our differences. If someone likes Gen I the best, then it's fine. No one from Gens II-V has the right to bash them for it. Similarly, if someone like Gen V the best, it's also fine. No one from Gens I-IV has the right to bash them either. We're all fans of some portion of Pokemon, and that's what counts. To encourage each other no matter how hard things seem.

My opinion? It varies depending on what part of Pokemon we're discussing to be honest.

My favorite Generations are II and III for the anime, games, and manga (scratch BF from III for the anime- really did not like it).

Card game got old for around Johto for me. Not too into it anymore.

Manga is still good, not as good as OS-DP, but good.

Anime has gotten old for me since Battle Frontier when all the main cast English dub voice actors were replaced/kicked off the show forcibly. I have never liked the anime nearly as much since Season 8 ended. BW is alright for me, though. Not my cup of tea, but I can deal with it. Still, I've watched all of OS-BW2 to date. Plowing through BF, DP, and BW as well as BW2 has not been easy at all for me. I still do it regardless of whether I like what's happened to Pokemon. Each generation has its own charm to it, each dub the same thing, each series the same thing. It's all a matter of preference.

Games keep getting better, and the BW2 games just released are no exception. The charm of Pokemon hasn't been lost for me here.

Yeah, I like the 4Kids dub more for the Pokemon anime, and the first eight seasons, which comprise 3 generations of Pokemon. But I respect those who prefer the latter seasons, voice actors, and so on and so forth. There's no point in not doing so. Things change, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, as much as you may prefer one take to another.

This kind of describes what the original voice actors for Ash and company meant to me, and it's not because I dislike the current ones. It's also kind of the way I feel about what 4Kids gave me for Pokemon. This was really an excellent show with them, despite most of the other shows the company dubbed. All I hope is that in the future, future generations will check out these episodes someday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmvc2...eature=related.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th November 2012 at 7:16 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

They really aren't much of a problem and are largely restricted to idiot-bulbs like the comments section of YouTube. Those idiots don't play the games and are largely ex-fans just waxing on nostalgia.

The new gen bashing is the cool thing to do usually when next-gen designs and names and sprites and whatnot are released as the new gens get closer, and then everyone jumps at the chance to say "IT SUCKS!!!!" so they can have bragging rights to say they said it sucks first. That's when genwunners are at their worst, but usually they're an ignorable fraction of this forum.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

What REALLY irritates me is when it comes from people who were never even really "into" Pokemon. They may have played Red/Blue/seen a bit of the tv show when they were young, but once generation two came along they "grew out of it" - and then when they see you playing the new games they're like OH MY GOD, AFTER THE FIRST GENERATION IT'S NOT REAL POKEMON WHY ARE YOU PLAYING THAT YOU'RE WRONG

'Scuze me. It's obvious who the real Pokemon fan is here.

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoAir View Post
    What REALLY irritates me is when it comes from people who were never even really "into" Pokemon. They may have played Red/Blue/seen a bit of the tv show when they were young, but once generation two came along they "grew out of it" - and then when they see you playing the new games they're like OH MY GOD, AFTER THE FIRST GENERATION IT'S NOT REAL POKEMON WHY ARE YOU PLAYING THAT YOU'RE WRONG

'Scuze me. It's obvious who the real Pokemon fan is here.
    Yeah, that does annoy me as well. The anime feels very different these days, though. I don't think it's bad or better, but it's definitely very different in the way its presented these days. For some reason, I'm not that fond of it anymore. I still watch, but sort of with a half-hearted, empty feeling. I can't explain it. lol.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I pretty much hate every Genwunner out there, but thankfully I don't classify that many people to be Genwunners nowadays.

I love the eerieness of Lavender Town, it makes the town really stand out from most other towns in any of the Pokemon games.

As for genwunners...well, they're okay. They can be a little annoying, but they don't really get under my skin. I can kind of understand their obsession with nostalgia.
    I like Gen. 1 but I wouldn't consider it the best generation.

Page 2257 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 125721572207224722532254225522562257225822592260226122672307 ... LastLast