View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2284 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 12842184223422742280228122822283228422852286228722882294 ... LastLast
Results 57,076 to 57,100 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but giggle when I read the title.

How did this... idea... come to mind now?

OT: Actually this is somewhat interesting. Are the clothes something attributed to genetics, as in are the clothes a part of the Pokemon and thus they can not remove them/they are born with them, or do they simply wear clothes because they can... Or something... I don't know, I can't really articulate my thoughts right now.

Default How do Pokemon make Eggs?

It is a mystery that has always surroundered my head around. How come Pokemon from different Egg Groups can make Eggs? I mean (and for obvious reasons) they don't have visible parts that allow them to do so. Do they do it like Nameks (aka an Egg born from the mouth) if so how the genes are mixed? Also and most importantly, how come Hybrid species don't appear?

It's one of the great mysteries of the Pokemon universe. But I know why hybrids don't exist. Muk and Gardevior are in the same egg group. Imagine a hybrid of them...*shudders*

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Lol i had a good answer for ya but i'm gonna let it slip. nvm...

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    That's only if Pokemon breed through sexual means; they may not even have sex organs, since they are not depicted with any. There is a theory held by myself and others which states that when Pokemon breed, it is simply a matter of pooling the two Pokemon's energies together in order to materialize an egg.

Anyway, in response to the OP, I've always believed that those "clothes" are actually just their (very abnormal) skin.
    It wouldn't make sense for them to have gender then.

As I just stated in another thread, I believe that two Pokemon can create an egg by pooling their energies together in order to materialize it, in a manner similar to that of the Arceus event, sans all the weird images of space, nature, and civilization. Speaking of, I believe that Arceus is capable of creating an egg on his own, as long as he has the Unown nearby to draw power from.

And on an obvious note, Pokemon refuse to do this if they are being observed.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

They kiss and hold hands simultaneously.

They do the nasty behind our backs and make it like how any other reptile/bird/fish/insect would make an egg. Obviously, they have to have the parts in order for us to identify their genders. I imagine they probably have anatomy like birds if they can all lay eggs, or like platypi and echidnas for mammal-like Pokémon (or hell, they probably reproduce like the flatworm), but fandom is weird and make their own theories which either makes sense, or doesn't depending on the theory.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Sex, what else? Pokemon obviously make eggs the same way real life egg laying animals make eggs.

Personally, I kind of refuse to see all Pokemon as laying and hatching from eggs, in my head canon, all mammal based Pokemon give live birth like real mammals, while everything else lays eggs. Reason for this is because I believe it is unrealistic for non egg-laying creatures to lay eggs (I cannot say all mammals because of the platypus, which is the only egg laying mammal), yes, I know it's Pokemon, but still, I just see it as weird.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

There are many techniques that instantly sprung to mind when I saw this thread.

The Rules prevent my stating at least 34 of the techniques. I will shut and ban anyone who decides to post those techniques.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Well, see, when a mommy Pokemon and a Daddy Pokemon love each other very much....a Wingle delivers a baby egg to them.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

this basically sums it up

http://i.imgur.com/pwOCM.jpg

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

mommy and daddy combine their energy then fuse it magically forming an egg with their combined DNA
    Team X:

yes but they clearly wont have any penis because you its a kids franchise remember
    Team X:

Well, one thing I can say. Pokemon are really addicted to making babies. Even more so than humans, it seems.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    There are many techniques that instantly sprung to mind when I saw this thread.

The Rules prevent my stating at least 34 of the techniques. I will shut and ban anyone who decides to post those techniques.
    the same thing happened to me XD

and im pretty sure that if they have genders, they have parts.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

How did Norman and Caroline make their offspring?

There you go.

._. uh the same way animals make eggs?

What I'm more interested in is if you break off the broccoli on Pansage and plant it somewhere if you can grow another Pansage. XDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I think in the Anime Stephan took off Sawk's belt once...so I'd guess the robes can come off too xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    Sex, what else? Pokemon obviously make eggs the same way real life egg laying animals make eggs.

Personally, I kind of refuse to see all Pokemon as laying and hatching from eggs, in my head canon, all mammal based Pokemon give live birth like real mammals, while everything else lays eggs. Reason for this is because I believe it is unrealistic for non egg-laying creatures to lay eggs (I cannot say all mammals because of the platypus, which is the only egg laying mammal), yes, I know it's Pokemon, but still, I just see it as weird.
    Except that pokemon aren't plants or animals. There something else entirely.

I mean, if my Eevee had Pikachu chromosones, why is it still exactly like all the other Eevees, not nothing like a Pikachu?
    Last edited by Zachmac; 5th December 2012 at 1:07 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Going to shut this one purely based on the title alone..
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I think This should belong in the Games Section, so a result I must shut it, as I can not move it. You will need to recreate and get approval in that forum. http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?29-Games

B2 0991-9634-6781
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Except that pokemon aren't plants or animals. There something else entirely.

I mean, if my Eevee had Pikachu chromosones, why is it still exactly like all the other Eevees, not nothing like a Pikachu?
    Exactly. Pokemon are their own species. Although based on animals, they are their own being. hell do you see any other animal except bugs to evolve in such drastic ways? namely an ant (Trapinch) becoming a dragon (Flygon)? As I've stated if they have reproductive/sexual parts, they are not visible, IF they use any on that behalf. Many of them are based on mammals (like a horse, a cow, etc) and still, all of them lay Eggs, and of fixed species at that, not mixed at all. So the mystery behind how they make Eggs is quite big at that.

A light energy between the two forms into an Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    As I just stated in another thread, I believe that two Pokemon can create an egg by pooling their energies together in order to materialize it, in a manner similar to that of the Arceus event, sans all the weird images of space, nature, and civilization. Speaking of, I believe that Arceus is capable of creating an egg on his own, as long as he has the Unown nearby to draw power from.

And on an obvious note, Pokemon refuse to do this if they are being observed.
    I tend to agree with the general idea here. That would explain to me how genderless, mineral, or ridiculously mismatched Pokemon (e.g., Skitty + Wailord) are able to create eggs, as well as the fact that all Pokemon create eggs regardless of whether they are bird-like, reptilian, mammalian, plant-like, rock-like, ghostly, etc. To me, that implies that Pokemon breeding is not a physical event. The fact that techniques (i.e., eggmoves) are able to be passed down also implies (in my mind) that baby Pokemon are formed from something that is more like a memory or a soul than something physical. Knowledge (and when I say knowledge I mean like the knowledge of how to ride a bike. Not stuff like instinct.) cannot be physically passed down.

Yeah, that's the kind of crap my mind desperately thinks of when I'm collecting and hatching eggs for the bazillionth time in the quest for IVs, natures, shininess, etc. xD

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Page 2284 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 12842184223422742280228122822283228422852286228722882294 ... LastLast