View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2331 of 2331 FirstFirst ... 133122312281232123272328232923302331
Results 58,251 to 58,267 of 58267

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

I can sort of relate to OP as I haven't started up AS in months but the reasons are different. It's not that I lost interest, I just ran out of things to do. I beat every line on the Maison, got all the mega stones, caught all the legendaries, and finished the national dex. So unless I start doing more shiny hunting and competitive battling I have nothing encouraging me to play the game. Because of this, I now spend most of my time trying to beat the Platinum Battle Factory (I have never gotten that gold banner). So you might want to try something like that. Just play a different game, it will come back in its own time.
    I really should get a real sig...

There was a time just after the second generation started that I was kind of off Pokemon for a bit.
    It wasn't until when gen 4 was underway that I got back into it, and more than I did way back in those days.

Why I briefly got out of it and why I suddenly got back in to it, I honestly can't seem to recall...

Claimed by me!

My interest in Pokemon peaks and then droops; I end up taking a break from the scene for a while, then eventually during a random period I'll get back into it again and end up playing full throttle. Then I'll take a break again either due to losing interest or real-life responsibilities, maybe pick it up again in a few months, it honestly depends what's happening at the time. It's completely normal, so don't be too hard on yourself. I am a die-hard fan and have been playing since I was 11 years old, I have played and own every single game and even *I* get periods where I am slightly bored of the franchise. It happens. You can't force it, it'll just stem back up in it's own time. So don't fret too much! ^_^

Personally, I too take some breaks from time to time, but it's not because I get bored by Pokčmon, it's just that I feel the urge to play other games that I have yet to finish or even start.
    As for the whole "Catch'em all thingy", luckily I was able to register all of the Pokčmon's entries (thanks to some events and to some friends here on Serebii who helped me completing the Dčx by showing me the legendary Pokčmon I was missing), so in a way I can't be bothered by it anymore, as I can just transfer all of my pokčmon to the newer games whenever I want.
    As for me, right now I'm playing AS in order to breed some of my all time favourite Pokčmon, but other than this, I'm not doing much.
    You could say that my interest in the games themselves has dropped, but when a new game shall come out, it shall rise once again.
    So don't worry too much about it, it just happens to feel this way sometimes.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

I only ever felt compelled to catch every pokemon in Diamond and PMD Red and Blue rescue team

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Honestly, there's no shame in taking a break. I skipped B2W2 and bought XY only when ORAS came out, which was maybe just under a year ago.

I can relate. Just take a break from Pokemon. I've been doing that for that last couple of years. There's no guarantee the interest will come back in full but having it there to go back to on occasions is nice.

I actually haven't touched my game much in months. I have lots of incomplete Pokemon games with OR and AS never completed. Seriously 1 version is at 2 badges and the other has none.XD

I go through these odd phases on and off where I can watch the anime on occasions and enjoying it to absolutely avoiding it like the plague.
    I can't remember the last time I read a pokemon manga.

So yeah I've been going through it for quite a while. Don't force yourself. Just play or watch when you feel like it and if you don't have any interest don't worry if you don't touch anything for a few years. You may get interested later down the track. I've had times I've lost interest in franchises and gone 10 years and then came back to them. Losing interest in Pokemon is not the end of the world and something else may take your interest anyway that you'll enjoy just as much.

For me I admit I'm now more into Sonic than Pokemon. Which is why I don't really post here much anymore. Sonic was actually a franchise I liked as a very young kid, lost interest for 10 plus years than came back to it. So there's nothing saying you won't get interested in pokemon again even if it takes years.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 27th August 2015 at 1:32 PM.

Put together by me.

Stop playing.

Should it happen, you will return to playing. If not, you're perfectly fine. Either way, you lose nothing.

We don't love the same things forever. The last thing you want to do is make yourself continue loving it. Just let go and keep going.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM

EVER GRANDE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

Guys... I already said it... I did stop playing. I haven't seriously played a Pokemon game in 2 years, and only manage 5 to 10 minute sessions every few weeks, at best. The last Pokemon game I beat was Crystal.

I'm feeling burnout without actually even being near the thing I'm burnout from.

If you've already stopped playing, then there's not much point to this thread.

Made by Sworn_Metalhead

Default Was Deoxys originally a virus from Mew?

Chew on this! While looking at what known extraterrestrial pokemon there are, I came across what I beleive to be some curious similarities between Mew and Deoxys, and what backstory it was given, in ORAS, with the mega stones.

First interesting tidbit to take note of: mew was introduced in Pokemon Red and Blue. Note the color scheme of Deoxys. Red and Blue. (Also, note Mew's coloration on its normal and shiny forms. Pink and blue)

While Deoxys wasn't introduced until Generation 3, Red and Blue/ (or Green, for the original Japanese game) remakes, fire Red and Leaf green take place at the same time, story-wise, as Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

Now look at Deoxys' typing. Like MEW, it's Psychic. It's categorized as "the DNA Pokemon", and has arms that look like the stucture of stands of DNA. And its origin, as told in ORAS's post game, alng with pieces fron X and Y, was that it wasn't originally a Pokemon, but an extraterrestrial virus that was on a meteor, the meteor with the virus got exposed to The energy from AZ's laser, the virus mutated, thanks to the laser energy, to become Deoxys.

Also note, that in the Sinnoh region, in Veilstone city, that are meteorite pieces that enable Deoxys to alter its form, like Mega evolution in ORAS. (Could be that Deoxys is the original, mutated Mega stone?) Could it also be that Deoxys, pre-lazer zapped, came off of Mew, who shares the same typing, same relationship with DNA, and has a genetically altered clone (Mewtwo) who posesses the ability, like Deoxys, to have many kinds of mega evolutions/ alt formes?

Let's DISCUSS this!!!!

An interesting theory indeed. I don't really know much about it, though. I do know that Deoxys came from space virus.

There's really no base for this and it doesn't really need a thread.

Made by Sworn_Metalhead

Question Request?

Not sure if this kind of thread is allowed or if I'm in the right place so I'm sorry if I've broken some rules but... I'm in the midst of making myself a nice competitive team to play with my friends and online and I was hoping to have an Alakazam as one of my pokemon. The biggest issue is that I wanted to get one with the Hidden Ability, Magic Armor. I've had no luck getting my hands on one so far and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get one. I'll try to return the favor in any way I can!

tl;dr: want male abra with hidden ability. Please help?

There's a thread specifically for trading Pokémon with Hidden Abilities in the Trade Forum. You'll have much better luck there.

Made by Sworn_Metalhead

Default PokeBank Question

Hello.

I've been searching around the internet for an answer to a question I've been having about the Pokémon Bank, but no response, so hopefully you can help me.

If you do put a Pokémon that isn't accepted as legal by the Pokémon Bank, and it detects that Pokémon, what does the Pokémon Bank do? Does it give out a warning, ban you from using the bank again, or do something else?

I'm asking this question because I've received plenty of Pokémon through the GTS and Wonder trade, and I'm pretty sure not all Pokémon I've received are legit.

Thank you.

It tells you that it isn't legitimate, but I don't think it bans your or anything as far as I know.
    Anyways, next time use the Questions thread. Thanks!

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Page 2331 of 2331 FirstFirst ... 133122312281232123272328232923302331