View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2323 of 2323 FirstFirst ... 132322232273231323192320232123222323
Results 58,051 to 58,075 of 58075

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

My motivation is really "just having the best."
    I'm a breeder and you're right, it's boring.
    If you don't have the patience/interest for breeding, I wouldn't get into it.
    I'd get other people to breed them for you and then you
    raise them. What helps me get through it, because I breed a lot, is always having
    the chance at hatching a shiny and since you are breeding for competitive,
    that shiny will have a good chance at being a competitive shiny if it
    has good IVs AND always have youtube videos to watch or Netflix.
    Keeps you from getting too bored, too fast lol

This doesn't need a thread.

Until the End

This is the General Pokemon Discussion forum. For discussing Pokemon. Please look around before creating threads.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Default looking for 5iv ditto.

willing to trade good stuff.

Not the right forum to ask for this.

Default The Psychology of Fam Made Pokemon Games

After watching the few minutes of this video, it makes me wander on something. I'm itching to know your critical analysis as to what makes a pokemon fan creator creating a fan made pokemon with darker and edgier themes in terms of plot, art, and maybe gameplay concepts. This also explores on the experimental side of Fan made Pokémon games.

Simply:
    1. What makes a darker and edgier theme more appealing for some pokemon fans? What I mean by this is that any sensitive theme is shown the way as it is rather than showing it in a subtle way.
    2. Are fan made pokemon games a possible experimentation for new types of gameplay that otherwise would possibly never be implemented on the actual pokemon games?
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I think it's mostly because there are Pokémon fans that have gotten older, some even having there own kids, who'd like to see what Pokémon would be like if it was something closer to the tastes of their age and their thoughts. Plus, there are things in the games that some people think can be fixed and want to fix it seeing as Nintendo doesn't plan to anytime soon. Besides, everyone has their own tastes, and some would want Pokémon to be more direct in stating the more controversial and mature themes seeing as there are some children works (How to Train your Dragon films come to mind) that are rather mature and yet is suitable for kids, which I think is one of the reasons why they wish to make their own games to satisfy that wish that the games could do that.

But, that's just my opinion. I don't mean to insult anyone.
    Credit to Astral Shadow fot button and Brutaka for banner.

"Two groups, one game, it was all meant for fun, but it all goes wrong. This is no ordinary dungeon, it's Perception."

Are you a fellow Fossil Fighter? Try our forum! I'm sure there are other Fossil Fighter fans in it.
    You interested in dinosaurs or prehistory? Try our club!
    I have claimed the awesome draco dino HAXORUS!
    Linking my squad at my own risk.

Don't discuss fan games.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Default Any thoughts?

First, I'm sorry if "theorymoning" does not belong here, but feel free to leave you input below.

We all know Camerupt. It has and up until now with its mega evolution it is getting better, kind of...not really :,(
    Here are its stats: 70HP, 100 Attack, 70 defense, 105 Special Attack,
    75 Special Defense, and 40 speed with either Magma Armor, Solid Rock, or Anger Point as a hidden ability.

Let's imagine Mega Camerupt was scrapped, and imagine a new Pokemon is introduced called Volcamerupt, obviously the name is a work in progress.

Volcamerupt Stats: 105 HP, 105 Attack, 100 Defense, 110 Special Attack,
    105 Special Defense, and 45 speed. For abilities: Sheer Force or Water Absorb, then Drought as a hidden ability.

Then let's say Volcamerupt had its own Mega Evolution
    Mega Volcamerupt stats: 105 HP, 135 Attack, 130 Defense, 140 Sp.attack, 135 Sp.Defense, and 25 Speed. Ability: Water Absorb
    Let's say it can now use Scald, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb.

Now moving on...you all now Sharpedo, let's say it's mega was scrapped, and in its place a new evolution called Sharkingdo was introduced.

Sharkingdo Stats: 90 HP, 130 Attack, 60 Defense, 105 Sp.Attack, 60 Sp.Defense, 105 Speed. Ability: Speed Boost.
    Now Let's Say Sharkingdo Mega Evolves
    It's stats 90 HP, 160 Attack, 65 Defense, 135 Sp.attack, 65 Sp.Defense, 135 Speed. Ability: Speed Boost

This has no place anywhere.

Default Annoying pokemon team (Emerald)

So, what pokemon are really annoying, but can actually win games? I'm using Shuckle because I love him. I'm probably going to trade in blissey from my fire red. I want a pokemon that can induce status effects, mainly paralysis. Also, which is a better spiker, cloyster or skarmory? Oh, movesets and nature if possible thanks <3
    Last edited by Liam H. Cile; 5th January 2015 at 12:50 PM.

Wrong forum. Try the competitive section, you'll get expert help there. (Take care to post in the Older Gens forum, since this is a question about Emerald).

Default Being a bad user on showdown

Have you ever been banned/locked/permalocked/Permabanned from the pokemon showdown site? If so, feel free to share your story, I'm sure we'll have some funny ones!

Please stop.

Default What do you think is the new Project Game Freak is working on?

So I see in recent interview GF is already getting ready to announce there next project. So what do you guys think it will be?

We'll find out when it's announced.

Lightbulb IV calculator code

Im creating an app for competitive breeding and ev training + many other features! I was wondering if anyone had any idea of the coding behind the IV calculators used (preferably python or javascript).

It's all just math calculations. Regardless, this forum isn't for discussing programming or scripting.

Default Gen IV Remake Ideas (Long Read)

Hey guys, I just want to share my idea for a remake for Diamond and Pearl. Diamond and Pearl were the first Pokemon games I've ever played and I played every other generation ever since. I have recently beaten Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and thought to myself, what would a Diamond and Pearl remake look like IF it were to exist. Well, this is where the discussion is coming from. Here's how I feel should happen if they remade Generation 4.

It should have 3D Mechanics, like in Gen VI, Only this time, make it more like a 3D Zelda Game in the Over-world of the Sinnoh Region, let players customize Dawn or Lucas, and bring new Mega Evolutions (maybe even Primal Dialga and Primal Palkia). Also bring Xerneas and Yveltal into the mix as Exclusive Legendaries other than Dialga and Palkia, change some parts of the story, and even bring Mega Forms to not only Elite 4 and the Champion, Cynthia, but they should give Gym Leaders Mega Evolution

I think your definition of long is greatly different from what one would normally constitute as long.

Yeah, that's not particularly long...

Regardless, discussing remakes or new games that don't exist isn't allowed here due to the spam and etc that has historically followed such discussions here. Hence going to have to close.

GPD Rules:
    No remake or next-generation speculation threads:
    We have a news thread for upcoming game reveals, so until there's actual information to talk about, we don't allow prediction threads. Even then, they would belong in their own newly made section. This includes third-installment game wishlists.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Fandex! Browse/upload Pokemon Fanworks!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: Gym Reviews: Hoenn! Musings on how RSE/ORAS gyms were made!
    Previous Article:
    Nicknames for Seel and Dewgong! See what the Name Rater thought!
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Default Gen IV Remake Ideas (Long Read)

Hey guys, I just want to share my idea for a remake for Diamond and Pearl. Diamond and Pearl were the first Pokemon games I've ever played and I played every other generation ever since. I have recently beaten Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and thought to myself, what would a Diamond and Pearl remake look like IF it were to exist. Well, this is where the discussion is coming from. Here's how I feel should happen if they remade Generation 4.

It should have 3D Mechanics, like in Gen VI, Only this time, make it more like a 3D Zelda Game in the Over-world of the Sinnoh Region, let players customize Dawn or Lucas, and bring new Mega Evolutions (maybe even Primal Dialga and Primal Palkia). Also bring Xerneas and Yveltal into the mix as Exclusive Legendaries other than Dialga and Palkia, change some parts of the story, and even bring Mega Forms to not only Elite 4 and the Champion, Cynthia, but they should give Gym Leaders access to Mega Evolution.

And while they're at it, they can bring a cut-scene of Red going to Spear Pillar after the Credits, allowing players to fight him for the first time since Black 2/White 2.

Now, we go to the new stuff.
    [LIST]
    [*]Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin will be catch-able and obtained at the exact same places as the AR legitimately. They should make a place called The Battle Kingdom, where players can either fight alone or team up with trainers like Cynthia, etc.
    [*]Cynthia is one of the characters other than the player, that will have an extended storyline. She can find the odds of Mega Evolution, Primal Reversion, and the possible existence of Xerneas and Yveltal.
    [*]The Distortion World can be accessed, but only to obtain the Griseous Orb after the player captures Giratina.
    [*]Shaymin, Arceus and Darkrai are now catchable during post-game legitimately in their respectful locations, Spear Pillar (Arceus), Newmoon Island (Darkrai), and Route 224 (Shaymin).
    [*]The Adamant Orb allows Dialga to Primal Evolve into Primal Dialga, while the Lustrous Orb allows Palkia to Primal Evolve into Primal Palkia.
    [*]Professor Rowan can award a player a Kalos Starter with perfect IV's, a hidden ability (Bulletproof for Chespin, Magician for Fennekin, and Protean for Froakie) and specific nature. (Adamant for Chespin, Modest for Fennekin, and Timid for Froakie) after completing the Elite Four twice.

New Mega Evolutions should be...

Mega Torterra with Thick Fat, Mega Infernape with Sheer Force, Mega Empoleon with an ability to give prority to Water Moves, Mega Luxray, Mega Flygon, Mega Shuckle, Mega Kingdra, Mega Arcanine, Mega Goodra, Mega Roserade, Mega Froslass, and Mega Milotic

The Mega Evolutions for each trainer should be...

Cynthia - Garchomp

Roark - Aerodactyl

Gardenia - Roserade

Maylene - Lucario

Wake - Gyarados

Fantina - Gengar

Byron - Aggron

Candice - Glalie

Volkner - Luxray

Aaron - Pinsir

Bertha - Camerupt (mostly ground moves)

Flint - Arcanine

Lucian - Metagross

Red - Charizard X

Cyrus - Houndoom

Barry - Torterra (Piplup Chosen)
    Infernape (Turtwig Chosen)
    Empoleon (Chimchar Chosen)
    Last edited by BlazeTC729; 9th January 2015 at 12:20 AM.

Hi, please take a look at the forum rules!

GPD Rules:
    No remake or next-generation speculation threads:
    We have a news thread for upcoming game reveals, so until there's actual information to talk about, we don't allow prediction threads. Even then, they would belong in their own newly made section. This includes third-installment game wishlists.
    My TSVs are 1021 and 1558

If you have a matching egg, I will gladly hatch it for you! Please send me a PM with your FC, IGN, timezone/availability, and if you want a nickname.

I am looking for people to hatch the following eggs for me:

2895, 2653, 1622, 3548, 3208, 0848, 2682, 2844, 2955

Default Forgetting to breed HA's....

Argulfurgleblargleblah!! I've done this about 4-5 times now, so apparently I'm completely retarded. I usually only noticed it after breeding a 6iv pokemon with the nature I want that I plan to evolve (like eevee-slyveon). Naturally I am really starting to hate hidden abilities in general.

Anyone else done this? How many times? I only started playing about a month ago, so I'm still trying to get some of this stuff memorized...but there's a lot lol.

Sorry but this doesn't really need a thread.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Page 2323 of 2323 FirstFirst ... 132322232273231323192320232123222323