View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2349 of 2349 FirstFirst ... 134922492299233923452346234723482349
Results 58,701 to 58,724 of 58724

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No. Pokémon Bank will be the sole means of migration between Generation VI and VII, and the trip is one way, Generation VI to Bank to Generation VII, and Pokémon only - no items.
    Will we still be able to use Pokebank to transfer between Gen 6 games or will the update make that impossible?

Time will tell but one would assume functionality would endure unless otherwise stated.

In an event the question has been answered and this really didn't need an entire thread.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

Default My Mewtwo Theory

So we all pretty much guessed that Mewtwo was created by Dr. Fugi(aka Mr. Fugi), and that in the anime Team Rocket funded the project. My the theory is that something similar happens in the GAMES. Now, this may sound a bit Farfetch'd , but hear me out. Team Rocket has some kind of control over every city except Pallet Town, Pewter, Vermilion, Fuschia, and Cinnabar Island. Pallet because there's nothing of importance there. Pewter because they control Mt. Moon. Fuschia probably because Koga easily outclasses them. Same goes for Vermilion. Now we get to Cinnabar. Maybe they don't have any influence over Cinnabar Island is because they once DID. But what does this have to do with Mewtwo? Well, in the post-game, Mewtwo is in Cerulean cave. My theory is that the Team Rocket grunts in Cerulean already know that, and so one's recruiting strong trainers to go in and catch it for them, and the other steals Dig to help against Mewtwo. In Mt. Moon, Team Rocket is stealing Moon Stones to make their Pokémon more able to withstand Mewtwo's attacks. In Lavender Town, they're trying to catch some Ghost Pokémon so they have an advantage over Mewtwo. In Saffron, they try to get their hands on the Master Ball, which would make it much easier to catch such a powerful Pokémon. Mr. Fugi knows how dangerous team Rocket and climbs Pokémon Tower to stop them. And, to top it all off, Cerulean Cave(where Mewtwo resides) and both Team Rocket hideouts(if you want to count FRLG) share the same music. Then again, Bruno's room has that music also. HMMM... but it's just a theory, and reply your thoughts about it

Default Pokemon Sun and Moon London Festival

Hi, not sure if this thread is allowed or not, please delete if not, but I won 2 tickets to the festival tomorrow in London, due to the poor weather and floods on the tracks from Cardiff I am unable to make it to London, I've never won anything like this in my life before, so it seems a shame for them to go to waste, so please private message me if you'd like to use the tickets. Completely free of course. Like i said, if this thread isn't allowed, I apologise, and please delete it.

Top 3 favourite pokemon

Default New here with an idea. I'd love feedback on this pokemon.

I would love to see a ground/fighting type based on the Komodo dragon. I'm not done so there will be a part 2. I can't post a drawing because I don't know how but you can get a good picture. Yet how does this sound for a starting point? Description (first part since I saw komodo dragons have bones below the scales when they shed skin): The skin of this pokemon is as hard as rock. A full blown strike can leave a dent in a steal beam.

There's actually a thread specifically for stuff like this.

WTF how come I never noticed that?

Default Why does everyone mock the Pokedex?

Pretty much any time the pokedex gets brought up, all I see is people going "lol pokedex" or "written by a ten year old" and other things to that affect. Mainly due some of the more extreme entries like Machamp's pushing mountains or some pokemon stealing souls and whatnot. But why? This is the same franchise with Arceus and his multiverse creating shenanigans as well as the entire creation trio who can control time, space, and anti-matter as well as create universes. We also have Mega Ray who can fly from Earth to space in a short amount of time and smash meteors. There's also Clawitzer who's based on a real life animal that can create temperatures as hot as the sun.

The anime has Pikachu powering an entire Pokemon Center at the beginning of the series along with stuff like Mewtwo's ridiculous hax, Yveltal petrifying an entire forest and near everyone in it, Ash-Greninja, multiple ghost pokemon who can steal souls and drag people to other dimensions, and I think, a Musharna who leveled an entire building and a good chunk of the surrounding forest early in BW.

Special has Lance's Dragonair, as in not a fully evolved Dragonite, leaving a MASSIVE crater in Vermillion.

And if you really wanna get crazy, there's Shadow Mewtwo from Pokken Death Balling the planet from orbit.

Obviously, this doesn't come even remotely close to everything, but what's here pretty much falls in line with a lot of other crazy pokedex entries. What are everyone else's thoughts?

I think the fact that some of it appears to be doubtful just from observation is part of it.

Like, are we really meant to believe that magcargo is hotter than the sun, yet somehow it's still survivable to approach and even touch one? Or that muk also makes one extremely ill on contact, yet doesn't in Amie either? Or that it can completely permanently infertilize whatever ground it walks on yet its existence as a species somehow hasn't made plants extinct (not to mention that if you send one out in the grass, the grass doesn't die)? Or that shedinja's exit-hole steals one's soul despite it clearly not doing so when you use it and the hole faces you? Or that spoink or slugma can't survive being immobilized, yet paralysis doesn't kill them? Or that latias is special for being able to understand humans despite every pokémon you can catch clearly understands your commands?

Pretty much, even if one can say that outrageous things are to be accepted (have the Sinnoh legendaries actually been observed to do those things within the games, or is it just in the pokédex and relayed legends?), there are still some pretty clearly contradictory entries which are pretty questionable.

Though for the record, I still doubt the idea that your character is supposed to be writing these entries and filling them with nonsensical exaggerations.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Because a lot of it is never demonstrated in any of the story, or contradicts what we see like how Escavalier is described as being fast or Garchomp being able to Fly
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Default Sun and Moon somewhat meh?

For the last game on the 3ds I was mega hyped to be honest. But as I played through the game I found it rather weak. Especially post game. The amount of things to do is much less than the previous games. Also I didn't like how once again you aren't really rewarded for filling the pokedex.

Have you seen how incompetent Team Rocket as an organization is in the games? The anime treats them as SPECTRE, but in the games Giovanni is the only truly competent member. It's just as possible they have nothing to do with Mewtwo's creation, and merely wanted to control the mysterious super-powerful being and that's why they went to all efforts. Mewtwo could've been made as part of the Pokemon War in the games Lt Surge was a part of
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Sorry you feel that way, but this doesn't really need a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fireredxy View Post
    And, to top it all off, Cerulean Cave(where Mewtwo resides) and both Team Rocket hideouts(if you want to count FRLG) share the same music.
    It just doesn't mean anything

Nice theory, but unlikely.
    Bulba Bulba Bulbasaur

Exclamation Please help me! My 3DS cannot play Pokemon Sun & Moon

Please help me ( i can't play pokemon moon, and i just bought it like yesterday but it always stuck in the scene when Meowth try to wake the character from sleep, idk what to do
    My 3ds ver is 11.2.0-35U
    I appreciate any suggestion

Move the circle pad to get off the bed.

This really didn't need an entire thread...
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Default Thank you Serebii!

Quick tip for the page!

Character Bios for Lillie, Mallow, Kukui, Samson Oak, Kiawe, etc.

---

Just wanted to extend a thank you to those who run this website.

It is the best Pokemon site around and has helped me out a ton.

Default Pikachu's Tail

Pikachu's tail has been a topic of much heated debate recently.

People around the world remember it having a black tip.

While others don't remember this and remember it just yellow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rUI2vRUW4jw

^

Pause the NEW Pokemon Sun and Moon Alola Intro at 3:55.

You will see what I always knew growing up!
    Pikachu originally had a black tip at the end of its tail.

This is the real Pikachu.

IMG_0565.jpg

Well, the original art from Pokémon Yellow has it without the black tip, so I guess that's what I'll go with.
    http://www.nerdophiles.com/wp-conten...ow_pikachu.png

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    Well, the original art from Pokémon Yellow has it without the black tip, so I guess that's what I'll go with.
    http://www.nerdophiles.com/wp-conten...ow_pikachu.png
    It's funny to me how there is a lot of white in that drawing.

Almost as if they whited out the black tip, which they certainly did.

The new intro does not lie, they made a mistake and it leaked out.

Even Pikachu cosplay female form has a black tip. Ash's always did as well.

This is just one of those Mandela effect things. Pikachu never had a black tip to its tail, the picture you linked to its part of the shadow effect and all the artwork for the first two gens had the faded water colour effect so it's not like someone whited out the tail after the fact.

I have a bunch of old *** Pokemon merch and on none of it does Pikachu have a black tip to its tail, he doesn't have it in the game sprites or the original series of the anime, its just a case of a bunch of people misremembering one specific detail. Like the Berenstain/Berenstein Bears thing. I suggest looking up the mandela effect because its pretty interesting and this Pikachu thing is like one of the go to examples of it.

This really didn't need an entire thread.

Especially since the poster above me sort of summed up the entire conversation.

Page 2349 of 2349 FirstFirst ... 134922492299233923452346234723482349