View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 2346 of 2346 FirstFirst ... 134622462296233623422343234423452346
Results 58,626 to 58,649 of 58649

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

^ this

Closed.

Default Dark Gym Leader missing!

There hasn't been gym leaders with dark-type pokemon yet. Especially not much poison-type gym leaders since Koga.

Why hasn't there been!? We need those type of gym leaders next!

This really doesn't need a thread.

Question Considering catching up on the pokemon franchise.

Hello all, recently I have considered returning to playing pokemon something I haven't done in 8 years. My interest has recently been reignited and well considering how time moves onward and services close down in regards to online features I figured it was worth asking prior to making any actions.

Would it be possible for me to transfer my collection of pokemon from Diamond/Pearl (those are the last 2 games I played prior to stopping 8 years ago) and jump from generation to generation up to the most current or would something prevent me from doing that?

The transfer chain from Generation IV to Generation VI (and soon VII) is unbroken, so it is doable. You'll require at least one game from each of the involved generations, however, and the first leg of the journey requires a second system. And as you can only send over six Pokémon in one sitting, transferring an entire "collection" is a task of considerable time.

You'll have better luck asking further questions in the right place.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 14th September 2016 at 7:46 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

^ What he said.

Default Got back into Pokemon games and bought Pokémon X & OR; want to play online now

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum for a post of this type (mods, feel free to move it if you need to).

I decided to get back into playing Pokémon (after an 11+-year hiatus from my GBA days) a few weeks ago. I bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL and got Pokémon X and OR and have already pre-ordered Pokémon Sun.

I actually played the original Pokémon Ruby game back in the day (though I sold that, along with my GBA, way back then) so I was a little familiar with the story and adventure. However, I did wanted to try out the mega evolutions and well as using Primal Groudon. Hence, I've mostly been playing this one first to get it out of the way and with the help of a strategy guide (lol), I've already beaten it, just starting the Delta episode (and this was without the help from a bunch of level 100 Pokémon that I got from trades); in fact, I started playing OR on Sept. 2nd and beat the Elite Four (and the champion) last night.

But I digress; anyway, the main point of this point is to let you know that I now want to get into the online functionality of these games, specifically battling others and participating in tournaments. I'm assuming that there's a dedicated forum about this kind of stuff but I wanted to inquire on how I can play against members of the Serebii.net forum, as well as trading with members of said forum. I see a lot of you have your Friends ID codes in your signatures (as well as some other credentials); I'm guessing I should do that as well? Please help a novice out lol.

You can find trades here, battles here, and tournaments here.

Default Pokémon Nickname List

Over the years I’ve had a lot of Pokémon to name and, being a bit of a wordsmith, I really put my heart and soul into finding exactly the right fit.
    And so I’ve complied a fair list - full of characters from various mythologies, pop-culture, Latin and Greek words, Japanese words, and just plain unusual words that seem to fit either the elemental nature of Pokémon, or the ‘battling’ lifestyle.
    I recently decided to ditch my coffee-stained notebook, write it up and share. I hope my fellow trainers find it useful, and if it can save one Pikachu from being named 'Sparky', I'll consider it a job well done!

Absinthe - a potent green aniseed-flavoured liqueur, beloved by goths
    Abyss - a deep or seemingly bottomless chasm
    Ace – a playing card with a single spot on it, ranked as the highest card in its suit in most card games. A person who excels at a sport or activity. Also, Portgus D. Ace, Ace Ventura
    Aeon - an indefinite and very long period of time
    Aftershock – a smaller earthquake following the main shock of a large earthquake
    Anarchy - disorder
    Astro - relating to space. Also, Astro Boy
    Asura – In Indian mythology, a god or demon
    Atropine – a poison derived from plants such as deadly nightshade
    Aura - the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place
    Aurora - the ancient Roman goddess of the dawn. Also, the aurora borealis or Northern Lights and aurora australis or Southern Lights.
    Azazel – a fallen angel
    Azure - bright blue in colour like a cloudless sky.

Babble – talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way; (of a stream) make the continuous murmuring sound of water flowing over stones
    Babel - a confused noise made by a number of voices
    Bane – a cause of great distress or annoyance. Also, something, especially poison, which causes death
    Banshee - in Irish legend, a female spirit whose wailing warns of a death in a house
    Bedlam – a scene of uproar and confusion. (Historically a name for insane asylums)
    Belladonna – deadly nightshade
    Bandit – a robber or outlaw
    Blossom – a flower; to flower
    Brawl - a rough or noisy fight or quarrel
    Brazen - bold and without shame. Also lit. ‘made of brass’
    Breeze – a gentle wind, or a thing that is easy to accomplish
    Briar – a prickly shrub
    Buzz - a low, continuous humming or murmuring sound, made by or similar to that made by an insect. Also, an atmosphere of excitement and activity

Calamity – a disaster
    Calyx – usually green, it is the leafy substance that functions as protection for a flower in bud, and often as support for the petals when in bloom
    Cardinal – of the greatest importance, fundamental; a red songbird.
    Cascade – small consecutive waterfalls
    Celeste - a Latin word meaning “heavenly”
    Century – a period of one hundred years
    Charger - a horse ridden by a knight or cavalryman
    Charm - the power or quality of delighting, attracting, or fascinating others. An object, act, or saying believed to have magic power.
    Cinders - small pieces of partly burnt coal or wood
    Clamour - a loud and confused noise, especially that of people shouting
    Clash - a violent confrontation; a mismatch of colours; or a loud jarring sound, as of metal objects being struck together.
    Cobalt - a hard silvery-white magnetic metal
    Coal - a combustible black or dark brown rock used as fuel
    Coax - persuade someone gradually or gently to do something
    Comet - celestial object in outer space made of ice and rock that develops a long, bright tail when it passes near the sun
    Corolla – The collective term for the petals of a flower
    Corrode - destroy or weaken something gradually, such as with acid
    Cosmo/Cosmos – the universe
    Crash – a violent collision, or a loud explosive noise
    Craven - lacking in courage; cowardly

Dash - run or travel somewhere in a great hurry; to strike or smash violently, especially so as to destroy
    Dally - act or move slowly
    Dare – have the courage to do something; defy or challenge; to risk
    Daunt – make someone feel intimated or apprehensive
    Daze – to stupefy; or a state of being confused or bewildered
    Deluge – a great flood of water; or an overwhelming amount of something in general
    Desire – a strong wish or want
    Dew - tiny drops of water that form on cool surfaces at night
    Discord – a disagreement between people, or a lack of harmony between notes sounding together
    Dies Irae - a Latin hymn sung in a Mass for the dead
    Dismay – concern and distress caused by something unexpected; to cause someone to feel concern and distress
    Disorder – a state of confusion
    Dodge – to avoid someone or something with a quick movement, to evade
    Dune - a sand hill or sand ridge formed by the wind (also a fantastic book and cult film)
    Dusk – nightfall; shadowy, dim or dark
    Dystopia - an imagined place or state in which everything is unpleasant or bad

Echo – the reflection of sound or other radiation by a reflecting medium - bats and dolphins use echolocation; also a nymph deprived of speech by Hera in order to stop her chatter, and left able only to repeat what others had said
    Eclipse – to obscure or hide; to make less outstanding or important by comparison, surpass; (of a celestial body) obscure the light from or to (another celestial body)
    Eden - an unspoilt paradise
    Elysium – in ancient Greek mythology, the place at the ends of the earth to which certain favoured heroes were conveyed by the gods after death; the afterlife
    Enamour – to inspire with love, captivate, charm
    Enigma - a person or thing that is mysterious or difficult to understand
    Erebus/Erebos – deep darkness, shadow; in Greek mythology, the personification of darkness
    Evening – the end of the day

Fable - a short story, typically with animals as characters, conveying a moral; to tell fictitious tales
    Faith - complete trust or confidence in someone or something
    Falter - hesitate, waver
    Fate - the supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events; In classical mythology, the three goddesses who preside over the birth and life of humans. Each person was thought of as a spindle, around which the three Fates (Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos) would spin the thread of human destiny
    Fault – a fracture in rock where there has been movement and displacement. One of the major boundaries between tectonic plates on earth; or, a character weakness; a defect; a mistake
    Fenrir, Skoll and Hati – mythical wolves from Norse mythology. Fenrir is a son of Loki, and is foretold to kill the god Odin during the events of Ragnarök. Skoll was said to chase the sun across the sky, and Hati the moon.
    Feral – existing in a wild or untamed state
    Fern - a flowerless plant which has feathery or leafy fronds
    Ferrous – a Latin wold meaning ‘containing iron’ (also looks/sounds a little like ‘ferocious’)
    Fizz – to bubble or froth; or to show excitement or exhilaration
    Flare - a sudden brief burst of bright flame or light
    Flow - to move or run smoothly with unbroken continuity, as in the manner characteristic of a fluid; To exhibit a smooth or graceful continuity
    Fortuna – a Latin word meaning ‘fate’ or ‘luck’
    Fortune – destiny, especially favourable; a prediction about a person’s future; good luck; wealth
    Fracas – a noisy, disorderly disturbance or fight; riotous brawl; uproar
    Fraud – deliberate deception, trickery, or cheating intended to gain an advantage; (of a person) an imposter, or someone who acts in a false or deceitful way
    Fume - emit gas or vapour; feel, show, or express great anger
    Fury - violent anger, rage; also, in classical mythology, the Furies (or Erinyes) were goddesses of vengeance and were named Tisiphone (or Tilphousia) Megaira and Alekto.
    Fusillade - A series of shots fired or missiles thrown all at the same time or in quick succession; a barrage or bombardment

Gaia/Gaea – In Greek mythology, the personification of the earth and mother of all life
    Gallifrey – Doctor Who’s home-world
    Gambit - something that you do or say that is intended to achieve an advantage and usually involves taking a risk
    Gin – Japanese for ‘silver’; also, Ginko meaning ‘silver child’
    Glint – a small flash of light, especially a reflected one
    Glimmer – a faint or wavering light; or, a dim perception, a trace
    Glissade – from the French ‘glisser’ meaning to slip or slide
    Gossamer - a fine, filmy cobweb seen on grass or bushes or floating in the air in calm weather, especially in autumn; something extremely light, flimsy, or delicate.
    Grimalkin – (archaic) a cat; a spiteful old woman
    Gruff - brusque or stern in manner or appearance; a hoarse or harsh voice

Hale – strong and healthy, robust
    Halcyon - denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; also, a mythical bird said by ancient writers to breed in a nest floating at sea at the winter solstice, charming the wind and waves into calm
    Harmony – An orderly or pleasing combination of elements in a whole; agreement, accord; or, pleasant musical sound made by different notes being played or sung at the same time
    Harpy - a sub-species of eagle; an evil creature in Greek mythology that is part woman and part bird; an angry and unpleasant woman
    Havoc – widespread destruction
    Hazard – a danger or risk
    Honour - high regard or great respect given, received, or enjoyed
    Hope - a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen
    Horo – Japanese word meaning ‘hollow’ (or ghost)
    Hubris - describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous over-confidence
    Hymn - a song of praise or joy, usually giving thanks to a god, a nation etc.

Icarus - the boy who famously flew too high and burnt his wings, from the ancient Greek myth
    Illusion - something that deceives by producing a false or misleading impression of reality
    Impulse - a sudden strong desire to do something; a small amount of energy that moves from one area to another
    Intrigue – a mysterious or fascinating quality; or, a secret or underhand scheme
    Irk - irritate; annoy

Jackal – a wild dog, a scavenger and pack hunter often attributed with rougish qualities; a person who performs dishonest or base deeds as the follower or accomplice of another; a person who performs menial or degrading tasks for another
    Jangle – a ringing metallic sound
    Jet/Jett – a black gemstone; a deep black; also meaning a stream of a liquid, gas, or small solid particles forcefully shooting forth from a nozzle, orifice, etc.
    Jigsaw – a puzzle

Kagewani – a Japanese word meaning ‘shadow crocodile’
    Khaos/Chaos - in Greek mythology the first god who precedes the universe
    Kelpie – in Scottish folklore, a shapeshifting water spirit, often taking the shape of a horse
    Kishin - a Japanese word made up of the characters 'ogre' and 'god'
    Kronos/Cronus – Father of Zeus, a titan
    Kuma – Japanese for ‘bear’

Labyrinth – a maze
    Lace – a pretty, delicate fabric; to entwine things together
    Lacuna – a gap or omission
    Lady – a dignified woman
    Lament – a passionate expression of grief or sorrow
    Lamia – in classical mythology, a seductress with the body of a snake
    Lazarus – the name of a man who was restored to life
    Leaf – of plants, foliage
    Leafa – the name of a fairy-like character from the anime Sword Art Online
    Leiurus – a genus of scorpion, the most common species being the Deathstalker scorpion
    Liberty - freedom
    Lightning – a brilliant and high-voltage electric spark discharge in the atmosphere; very quick
    Loki - in Norse mythology, a cunning trickster who had the ability to change his shape and sex
    Lore - collective knowledge or wisdom on a particular subject, esp. of a traditional nature
    Lukos – Greek for wolf, Lykos and Lycus are mythological characters with names derived from it
    Lullaby - a quiet, gentle song sung to send a child to sleep
    Luna - the ancient Roman goddess personifying the moon
    Lure - to tempt or attract by the promise of some type of reward

Malady – a sickness
    Malice – ill-will
    Malign – evil in nature or effect
    Marauder – a raider, a looter, a pirate
    Maverick - an unorthodox or independent-minded person
    Mercy - compassion or forgiveness shown towards someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm
    Melody – a sequence of single notes that is musically satisfying; a tune
    Mero – "Mero mero" is a Japanese onomatopoeia of "to fall down drunk", including being overcome with emotion such as love or lust
    Midnight – twelve o’clock at night; the middle of the night; ‘the witching hour’
    Mirage - an optical illusion caused by atmospheric conditions
    Mischief – playful misbehaviour especially on the part of children
    Mjolnir –In Norse mythology, the name of Thor’s hammer
    Murmur - a low sound made when many people are speaking; or a way of speaking that is quiet and soft
    Mutiny – a revolt, a riot
    Mystery - something that is difficult or impossible to understand or explain; a riddle; a secret
    Myth – a traditional story; a widely held but false belief or idea

Naenia – a genus of moth known as ‘The Gothic’
    Naiad/Naia – meaning to flow, water. In classical mythology - a water nymph said to inhabit a river, spring, or waterfall
    Narcissa – feminine form of Narcissus, from Greek mythology, famed for falling in love with his own reflection
    Nebula – an interstellar cloud
    Necrosis – the death of body tissue
    Nectar - the secretion of a plant which attracts the insects or birds that pollinate the flower; in classical mythology, the drink of the gods
    Nemesis - something that a person cannot conquer, achieve, etc.; a goddess usually portrayed as the agent of divine punishment for wrongdoing or presumption (hubris)
    Nettle – a herbaceous plant which has jagged leaves covered with stinging hairs; to irritate or annoy someone
    Nidhogg – black dragon from Norse mythology
    Nitro – short for nitro glycerine, an explosive yellow liquid used in explosives such as dynamite; a nitro engine, specifically designed engines found in drag racing
    Noble – of noble birth; good, honourable
    Nomad - a person who does not stay long in the same place; a wanderer
    Norigami – a Japanese word, lit. ‘stray god’
    Nova - a star that suddenly becomes thousands of times brighter and then gradually fades to its original intensity
    Nudge – a light touch or push, a gentle prod
    Nyx – Ancient Greek word meaning ‘night’; in Greek mythology, a goddess - the personification of Night

Obsidian – a type of black stone that is harder than steel
    Obloquy – strong public condemnation; disgrace
    Odium – hatred or disgust incurred by someone as a result of their actions
    Odyssey - a long and eventful or adventurous journey or experience
    Okami – Japanese video game, the name meaning both wolf and god
    Omega – The last letter of the Greek alphabet, ‘the end’
    Omen - an event regarded as a portent of good or evil
    Ouroboros - a circular symbol depicting a snake, or less commonly a dragon, swallowing its tail, as an emblem of wholeness or infinity
    Outlaw - a wanted criminal, a fugitive, outcast or exile

Pace – a single step taken when walking or running; moving at a steady speed; walking back and forth in an agitated manner
    Parody - a humorously exaggerated imitation
    Patience - the ability to wait, or to continue doing something despite difficulties, or to suffer without complaining or becoming annoyed
    Peace – calm, restfulness, tranquillity
    Penance - punishment inflicted on oneself as an outward expression of repentance for wrongdoing
    Peril – danger, risk
    Petal – one of the often coloured segments of the corolla of a flower
    Phantom – a ghost
    Plague - a serious, potentially life-threatening infectious disease; an infestation, a thing causing trouble or irritation
    Prayer - to offer devout petition, praise, thanks, etc., to (God or an object of worship).
    Purity - to be untainted

Quake - (especially of the earth) shake or tremble
    Quantum - a quantity or amount, a specified portion, something that can be counted or measured
    Quartz – a hard mineral, usually colourless or white
    Quasar - an astronomical object that emits massive amounts of electromagnetic radiation.
    Quell - to put down forcibly; suppress
    Quest - a long or arduous search for something
    Quicksilver – mercury; having properties of mercury - moving or changing rapidly and unpredictably; erratic or fickle
    Quiver – tremble or shake

Rabble - a disorderly crowd, a mob
    Raiden/Rayden – Character from Mortal Kombat, based on the Japanese thunder god Raijin
    Ragnarök - the final battle between the gods and the powers of evil
    Rapture - ecstatic joy or delight
    Rara Avis – a Latin word meaning oddity, curiosity, rarity
    Raum – a high-ranking demon, often appearing in the form of a crow
    Rebel – renegade, revolutionary, anarchist
    Relic - a surviving memorial of something past
    Renegade - a person who deserts a party or cause for another, a traitor
    Ransom - the redemption of a prisoner, slave, or kidnapped person, or captured goods, etc., for a price
    Resolve - to come to a definite or earnest decision; firm determination
    Revere - feel deep respect or admiration for something
    Revelry - lively and noisy festivities
    Reverie - a state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream
    Rhapsody - an impassioned speech or sentiment
    Ricochet - a shot or hit that rebounds off a surface
    Riddle - a mystifying, misleading, or puzzling question posed as a problem to be solved or guessed
    Riot - a violent disturbance of the peace by a crowd; an impressively large or varied display of something; a highly amusing or entertaining person or thing
    Risk – a situation involving exposure to danger
    Rogue - a dishonest or unprincipled man; scoundrel; rascal
    Rouse – to wake up; to make angry or excited
    Ruin - destroy, spoil, or damage irreparably; the remains of a building, city, etc., that has been destroyed or that is in disrepair or a state of decay
    Rune – characters of an ancient Germanic alphabet; any obscure piece of writing using mysterious symbols; a poem

Sabre – a sword
    Sage – a herb; a profoundly wise person
    Saturnine – gloomy; (archaic) relating to lead
    Savage - fierce, violent, and uncontrolled; primitive; uncivilized
    Scamper - (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement
    Scandal - a disgraceful action or event
    Scatter - to throw about in various directions; strew
    Scorn - open disrespect for someone or something
    Sear - burn or scorch the surface of something with a sudden, intense heat
    Seethe – (of a liquid) boil or be turbulent as if boiling; (of a person) be filled with intense but unexpressed anger
    Serendipity – an unexpected but happy accident
    Shade - slight darkness caused by something blocking direct light; a ghost
    Shadow - a dark area or shape made when an object blocks light; a source of gloom or unhappiness; an inseparable companion or follower
    Shame - a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behaviour; dishonour
    Shift - a slight change in position, direction, or tendency; to be evasive of indirect
    Silence - complete absence of sound
    Singe - to burn superficially or slightly; scorch
    Sleipnir – an eight-legged horse, birthed by Loki and given to Odin as a gift
    Smoulder - to burn slowly without flame, usually emitting smoke; to have strong repressed or half repressed feelings, esp. anger
    Solace - comfort or consolation
    Sorrow – grief, sadness
    Spur -a short spike or spiked wheel that attaches to the heel of a rider's boot and is used to urge a horse forward; an incentive; a spike or protrusion
    Stardust - a magical or charismatic quality or feeling; a mass of distant stars appearing as tiny particles of dust
    Starlight - the light that comes from the stars
    Storm - violent weather; an outburst, uproar or controversy; forcibly or angrily entering or leaving a place; to be suddenly extremely successful in a place or with a group of people:
    Sully – to soil, stain or tarnish; to make dirty
    Surge - a strong, wavelike, forward movement, rush, or sweep; (electrical) an unexpected, temporary increase in the current or voltage
    Syrinx – In classical mythology, a nymph transformed into hollow reeds, which were cut and made into the first set of pan pipes; (ornithology). the vocal organ of birds

Taboo - forbidden or disapproved of
    Talon - a claw, especially one belonging to a bird of prey
    Tangle - twist together into a confused mass; ensnare
    Tarot – a set of cards used for fortune-telling
    Tarry - to remain or stay; to linger
    Tempest – a violent, windy storm
    Tenebrae - Latin for ‘shadows’ or ‘darkness’
    Thorn/Thorne - a small, sharp pointed growth on the stem of a plant
    Tornado - a violent rotating column of air extending from a thunderstorm to the ground; a person or thing characterized by violent or devastating action or emotion:
    Torque - a force that tends to cause rotation
    Tremor - an involuntary quivering movement; a slight earthquake
    Twilight - the soft glowing light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon; obscurity, ambiguity, or gradual decline

Undo - unfasten, untie, or loosen; cancel or reverse effects or results; cause the downfall or ruin of
    Unity - being united or joined as a whole; oneness
    Urge - try earnestly or persistently to persuade someone to do something; a strong desire or impulse
    Usurper - someone who takes another person's title or position by force or without legal right
    Utopia - an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect; paradise

Vagabond - a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job
    Vague - uncertain, indefinite, unclear
    Valiant - possessing or showing courage or determination
    Valkyrie/Valkyrja – from Norse mythology, Odin's twelve handmaids who conducted the slain warriors of their choice from the battlefield to Valhalla; lit. ‘chooser of the slain’
    Valour - great courage in the face of danger, especially in battle
    Valraven – a supernatural ‘raven of the slain’, appearing in 19th century Danish folk songs
    Vanity - excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements
    Vega - a star in the constellation Lyra; a character from the Street Fighter game
    Velocity - rapidity of motion or operation; swiftness; speed
    Velvet - a soft fabric having a smooth, dense pile and a plain underside; Something suggesting the smooth surface of velvet
    Vendetta - long and violent argument between people or families; a feud
    Venom - a poisonous substance secreted by animals such as snakes, spiders, and scorpions; extreme malice and bitterness shown in someone's attitudes, speech, or actions
    Verily – definitely, certainly, undoubtedly
    Vertigo - a sensation of whirling and loss of balance, associated particularly with looking down from a great height
    Vesper – the evening star, evening prayer, evening
    Vex - to irritate, bother, or frustrate
    Vice - immoral or wicked behaviour or habits
    Vie - compete eagerly with someone in order to do or achieve something
    Voltage - the force of an electrical current that is measured in volts

Wade - to walk with the feet immersed in water
    Warrior - a brave or experienced soldier or fighter
    Watt/Watts – a unit of electrical power
    Whisper – to speak very quietly
    Winter – the coldest season of the year
    Wisdom - the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement; the quality of being wise
    Woe – sorrow of grief
    Wraith – a ghost, phantom
    Wyvern – a lesser dragon

Xenon - a gaseous element used in electric lights
    Xiphoid – sword-like, sword shaped

Yore - of long ago or former times

Zenith – the pinnacle, the high point
    Zephyr - a soft gentle breeze
    Zero - no quantity or number; nought; the figure 0:
    Zest - great enthusiasm and energy; the outer coloured part of the peel of citrus fruit
    Zippo - an iconic brand of cigarette lighters; a Charmander appearing in the Pokémon anime during the Indigo Plateau Conference

(Sorry I couldn't format it any better, I spent hours converting it from the table I had into spaced columns but it all vanished in the preview!)

...This really didn't need a thread.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

Default Just a heads up

Hello everyone,

This isn't a rant, although regarding the shenanigan I have been put through the last couple of days it makes me want to rant.

As you know, Smyths are distributing the Shiny Yveltal over here in the UK until the 19th September. I went over to my local store and was informed at the time that they didn't have any codes. So, lesson learned, I opted to call them instead. After 4 attempts at getting through to them via phone I called a different branch only to find out that they are "being told not to distribute the codes even though they have them as it expired on the 15th" (this being the branch I rang not the branch I had issues getting through to, they said they couldn't find out about the branch I tried to get through to).

Does this mean that the event ran out on the day they told me instead of the day that the event allegedly ended on the website? I am in a kerfuffle!

Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Trio!
    My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

Event: MM RE: (horde) GTS Wonder Trade

That's, uh, nice and whatnot, but it's not really something that needs a thread made for it.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Angry "Pokémon should be like Fallout 4..."

Seriously?
    I was hearing a Pokémon music when I suddently saw the comments and one of them, oh my Arceus!
    (S)He said that Pokémon must have a "greater story" just like Fallout 4 and that, without this "upgrade", Pokémon is just a average RPG (in other words, nothing special).
    The saddest part is that many people on the Pokémon fanbase thinks like this. I lost the counts of how many times I heard/read someone saying"Pokémon should be more adult", "Pokémon should be like GTA", "Ash must f*ck some girl RIGHT NOW!" and other bizarre/nonsense things.
    BTW, if you want Pokémon Hentai, Google is your friend.
    But WHY? Why some Pokémon fans want to transform the official material in something that is not Pokémon? Do you want a "Pokémon Shippuden"?
    NOTE: there's a difference on making a Pokémon fanfiction and try to transform such fanfiction in something official.
    IT: IT's better than flying!

Because different people have different taste. Opinions and such. Some of them are trolls.

BTW, regarding Google and the Pokemon hentai, I'll pass.

... The hell is this?

Also, who gave you the right to dictate what Pokemon is and isn't? Not that I agree with Pokemon Fallout Version, but we are getting Bottle Caps in Sun/Moon...

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    ... The hell is this?

Also, who gave you the right to dictate what Pokemon is and isn't? Not that I agree with Pokemon Fallout Version, but we are getting Bottle Caps in Sun/Moon...
    James collect bottle caps, maybe it's a reference/tribute.
    IT: IT's better than flying!

Lol what? Fallout 4's story was horrible.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

"Real Gamers" in a nutshell.

I've always found the whole "Pokémon should be more adult and more like X game!" thing pretty stupid as well, but the best thing to do is just ignore it.

Or argue against them, whichever comes first.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

#TeamInstinct

It's lit with Litten!

Uhh yeah this isn't really a great start for a thread. If you want to express dissatisfaction with these views there's a thread for that here, but keep the "hentai" stuff out please.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

Default If You Could Alter One Thing About A Pokemon...

Simple question, we all have Pokemon that borders as our favourite, but sometimes there's one major nitpick that prevents them being on the top of your team.

Is there any element of a Pokemon you'd love to change, be it design, type, attacks or ability?

In hindsight I'm not sure if this belongs in Create/Rename Anything thread or not.
    Last edited by DatsRight; 28th September 2016 at 2:42 AM.

type changes:

nix poison for gengar. As the original ghost, it shouldn't be weak to the type ghost was meant to counter. Also, what is with that weird mega? But it's still one of my favorites. ^_^ If it got an alola form, I would want it to be part fairy...(because it's precious)

fairy for dragonite? I mean really. And it looks like we're not getting an alola form either for it, which would've been a perfect opportunity... but still love it too.

I feel like darkrai should have a secondary typing... either ghost or psychic

fairy for mew?

nix fairy for cottonee line and give it to lilligant line. Also why is snubbul line fairy?

dragon for charizard. I know there's a mega, but still... sometimes I feel they should introduce third types.

Design changes:

the ears on noivern... I know sound is sort of its thing, but they look really ugly

shiny coloring on dragonite (and a number of other dragons, for that matter) to not be that weird green. Espeon too. a light blue/blue-lavender would have been nice. And shiny rapidash's mane should stay blue like ponyta's is.

I didn't really like sylveon's design. I feel a design something like espeon would've been better for fairy eevee. Just look at the gym leader--she looks like she would totally match an espeon.

I'm sure I could come up with other things, but that's it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by yumenokage View Post
    http://www.serebii.net/corocoro7162.jpg (The bottom circle)

{reffering to rockruff}
    小さな体にヒミツが。。。!!
    ‘In (its) small body there’s a SECRET...!!’

{referring to starters}
    実は最初のパートナーとなるポケモンもビックリのヒミツを持つ。。。!?
    ‘The truth is, (your) starter pokemon also hold (a) SUPRISING SECRET...!?’
    (Note that Japanese does not have an equivalent of the English indefinite articles a/an/the, and thus the (a) above is included in parenthesis just to make the translated version grammatical and should not be assigned any particular meaning.)
    friend safari: shuppet, phantump, dusclops
    in game name: ゆめのかげ | friend code: 3480-2595-4791
    "Gengar is cute. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." --yumenokage

Weedle line: Seriously, how can Bug Buzz not fit Beedrill perfectly? Plus it would be a more creditable bug type attack for the species (it took them long enough to get a good poison type attack).

Pikachu line: Just cut the formalities and have it learn Iron Tail naturally already. And cut Raichu some slack already. If you're not going to give it a Mega Evolution form at least give it one unique token post evolution attack like so many others (it's only benefit is getting to relearn Thunderbolt and Quick Attack from any level).

Meowth line: Give Meowth at least one 60 power level normal type attack to perfectly take advantage of Technician and be strategically powerful. Either let it learn Persian's Swift (and make Power Gem more remarkable to counter balance Meowth's Pay Day) or give it another productive move, Covet would fit the species perfectly for example.

Magikarp line: Give Magikarp one really powerful move, but at a VERY late level, just to reward those trolling gamers for their Magikarp full run. XD
    Last edited by DatsRight; 28th September 2016 at 3:43 AM.

Page 2346 of 2346 FirstFirst ... 134622462296233623422343234423452346