View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 52 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021521052 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Quote Originally Posted by CharizardMaster View Post
    That would just give parents more reasons to say pokemon is a bad game.
    exactly, and I DO NOT want that. (there shouldn't be any reason for them to call it a bad game in the first place.

Maybe T rated. I'd like to see some blood and sweat. i mean, when I whack a blissey, I want to see some fluids pop outta it! LOL. I mean, Crawdaunt whacking a blissey so hard it pops like a blood filled ballon!

LOL

*looks at own avatar*
    .. might be a good idea...
    blasting blissey's head to dust would feel awesome

credits to swellow_91 for both

29% of the SPPF population has a based-on-nothing percentage in their sig, wich works exactly the same as a chainletter. put this in your sig if you want to become one of them.
    Still looking for a good quote, so you better be funny damnit.

I don't know about M-rated. I don't think you could actually make an M-rated pokemon game unless you were intentionally trying to make it M-rated, which means there might be a lot of violence and gore purely for the sake of the rating, and not enough emphasis on a solid storyline and interesting gameplay. Too many games that hold promise turn into slaughterfests for the sake of upping the rating...

I would, however, like to see a pokemon game that is less geared toward young children, and is a lot more complex in terms of storyline rather than the repetative "beat all these gym leaders and stop a random group of bad guys along the way" story. Because while I love how the core pokemon system has advanced since R/B with hold items and natures and such, the story itself has barely changed.

I like a lot of the ideas others suggested, like further customization of the trainer and alternate storylines, etc. More realistic battles and deeper storylines would certainly make it less of a kid-oriented game and make it more interesting for older players.

I really doubt such a game would ever exist though, because like others said, children are the main audience for pokemon and I highly doubt that will change, but I can't complain. Even as simple as it is right now it still keeps me entertained and I love it.

And this is slightly off the subject but someone mentioned wanting more gyms... many years ago I was working on a (poorly written) series of stories about a sort of underground pokemon league in a place where pokemon were banned, so instead of fighting a handful of certain gym leaders in specific places, there were hundreds of "gym leaders" all over the world that were in hiding, and you had to hunt them down and fight them to earn points (the number of points was based on the difficulty of the battle) instead of badges... and once you got a certain number of points you could go on to the championships and such. I think a system like that might be interesting, especially if the leaders were randomly generated infinitely and increasing in difficulty so you could keep racking up points, provided that you could find them and win.. just a thought though.
    Also known as SecretPika, once upon many years ago.

Depends on how good the game would be.

Well most people would want more gyms, more things to do instead of end of story after elite four right? After elite four it just seem like there is no point continuing the game at all, i don't know about this but my friend says you can re-challenge the gyms in emerald version, is that true? *A little off topic*

So this is what i have gathered up:

WE NEED MORE THINGS LIKE QUESTS!

Dark-types believe in chaos and grabbing the opportunities they get in clever ways.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheZone676 View Post
    I was w/ my friend and his older brother. We were talking about if nintendo made a M-rated Pkmn game. Would you buy it?
    they would never do that, m-rated means teens/adults right, well at least 50% of the people that buy pokemon are kids 10 and under, so an m rated pokemon game would get at the most half as many sales as the normal ones they have now.

Cute creatures + M Rating? That kinda reminds me of Conker. I don't know why.

Seriously, it wouldn't work. At all. The game would be way too controversial and that would affect its sales and bug parents. It'd surely affect the E games.

And I haven't got a Fake ID, so no, I wouldn't buy it.

The T-rated idea makes more sense, but why? They already appeal to older audiences, as you can see in many Pokémon forums such as this one. Pokémon is great because nearly anyone can play it and not get bored too soon. No, Pokémon games are OK as they are now.

I will maybe buy it, but when it is a game like trozei i'm not going to buy it.

Badges: 7 | Pokedex: 69/719 | Shinies: 1
    ~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | HeartGold BadgeQuest |~

Naw. M rated games are against my religion. T rated, maybe (like maybe applying a little bit of physical contact, like biting another Pokemon, etc)

How about releasing a Pokemon game for the Wii? You could design your own character (like you do in DP), you could pick which region you start off in, and go to the other regions. Depending on what region you start off in would depend on your starter (Kanto has Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, or Pikachu, Orange Islands would have a Lapras, Johto has Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile, Hoenn would have Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip, Orre would have Eevee, Fiore would have Plusle or Minun [depending on your gender], and Sinnoh would have Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup). Instead of wandering inside the grass, it'll give you a closeup view of the Pokemon, and you can approach them to battle like you would in Pokemon Ranger. The battle style would be similar to PBR, and will have the additional affects (which will probably make the game E10 or T). You can call out any Pokemon at any time to follow you (Pikachu as a starter will automatically do that, and won't go into a Pokeball at all), though some Pokemon might have a hard time on land (like the water types like Goldeen would just flop around. You would have to call them out in water), or some Pokemon might just fly right behind you. When using techniques such as fly, surf, dive, etc, you will actually be riding/holding onto the Pokemon doing so. If it is big enough, you can actually control where you fly off to, similar to flying around in FF, and depending on what Pokemon you surf on, you might be able to whack and weaken other trainers/Pokemon on your way (imagine a trainer getting run over by a Wailord). You can also choose the role of being a hero or a villain. The best part of this game is that you can transfer any Pokemon from any version there. GSC and RBY Pokemon are done by password. You must insert the Pokemon's ID, location, your ID, etc into there in front of a GB and the Pokeball will pop up, and it'll be yours. You cannot transfer clones, as it might mistake it for 'sharked' Pokemon, nor can you transfer a glitched Mew. It will still remain in the GSC/RBY area, but you can also use it in the Wii version (after receiving it from GSC/RBY, you can verify its nature and ability, depending on what its stats are). The DP pokemon are transfered via Wi-fi. Cool isn't it? Not M, but possibly T.
    Had too many uppercase letters in signature, so they were removed. Read the signature rules.

M-rated pokemon game....that would be blood and gore during pokemon battles...eww*shudders at the thought of a Pichu with its eyes gorged out from an attack from a pidgey*
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
    Book 7
    July 21, 2007

Ravenclaw crests from Mugglenet
    Banner by ~.:Northern Lights:.~

M-rated? Why would a pokemon game be rated mature? It was originally designed for kids.

Default Infernape or Electivire

I was thinking if Pauls Elekid and Chimchar evolve into Infernape and Electivire which would be stronger?In my point of veiw I would say Electivire becuse his Elekid is already stronger than Chimchar but what do you think post your answers here.
    My favourite pokemon is     Spoiler:- ":

There's an anime section yanno ;/

Anyway, I think Infernape will be stronger, becasue it's his starter, and they always want to make the starter the strongest. Also, it's imposible to proove me right or wrong, because Electivire and Infernape will never fight. ever.
    You know it does

I think Infernape will be stronger, since it is Paul's starter.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Rhyperior and Dusknoir. Duh.

Fingo par Res

wrong section, but....

Elekid is freakin' strong, Electvire is stronger than Infernape, and Chimchar isnt that strong anyway. Electvire all the way!
    Proud member of the new Pokemon Battle Simulation Forums. We are looking for people to be Gym Leaders, Elite Members, and PBS Tower members. If you are interested, PM me for our Tournament to decide standings.

Electivire. I do think Chimchar will evolve into a really strong Infernape but I think it will not be like Electivire. His Elekid is really strong.

Electrivire, in my opinion....have you seen how strong it is??? Especially being able to learn all elemental punches....but then Infernape could, except ice....
    -Lord Forty Two

Default Do you think there will ever be a Virtual Reality Pokemon game?

I keep having dreams about a Virtual Reality Pokemon game, and how I wish it were real. I hope my dream comes true someday...What are your thoughts on my dream?

Well Nintendo seems to be going in that direction with the Wii and all. But after the Virtual Boy fiasco years ago they might be still cautious about trying that again.

yea i agree with champ over here

and this was discussed awhile back and a major flaw Latios mentioned was the inclusion of NPC's or not, if not then how would you make moneyż If so, what roles would they play.

And a whole host of other issues.

All-in-all i do hope for a poke'mon vrg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Ampharos View Post
    I have learned to live with the fact that the Pokemon world is completely insane...but somehow it still seems to work.
    Hmmmmm...... sounds like another world I know.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN.com
    Sure we're fighting a giant stomping robot, but we're doing it with an army of pink squirrels that are just so gosh darn adorable!

*nods* It would be awesome.

It would be awesome, but it's never going to happen.

I like it! hopefully, they WILL make it.
    Back online. It's a new start.

Page 52 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021521052 ... LastLast