View Poll Results: Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 27.45%
  • No...

30 58.82%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

7 13.73%
Page 72 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576821221721072 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 57779

Thread: >>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

So if Arceus is based on God where is the pokemon that sacrifices itself on a cross so that all other pokemon can go to heaven?
    I'm inclined to say it will be either Dialga or Palkia because they were the first pokemon Arceus created (according to the in-game legend)
    Diamond Friend code: SIMMERS-0387 6195 3718 please PM me before adding me!
    Do Not Click the following link, Everytime you do a baby kitten will die!!!
    http://simmersville.myminicity.com

Okey, Jesus appeared after some time, a lot of saints and other biblical dudes came before Jesus.
    If there is going to be a Jesus pokemon (Im not so sure that it is a good idea) then It will be in another gen.
    Also, God isn't jesus, I already said that they're BASED on these figures, and just BASED. They AREN'T god or satan or Al Gore.
    No hablo ingles capo (I don't speak english dude)

giratina is based on satan he lives in shadow he has more then 1 form(serebii news).
    arceus is based on god, god created everything like said in the bible-.-
    the 6 legs and etc is just a little detail the pokemon creators added to show giratina is really based on satan.
    X and Y:
    FC: 4441- 9513- 5298
    safari: psychic: Espurr, Drowzee and Xatu
    shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by jegi View Post
    giratina is based on satan he lives in shadow he has more then 1 form(serebii news).
    the 6 legs and etc is just a little detail the pokemon creators added to show giratina is really based on satan.
    Could you support that information with facts and quotes from other places?

No?

Well how interesting...
    No hablo ingles capo (I don't speak english dude)

Quote Originally Posted by jegi View Post
    Nintendo would not be stupid enough to actually do this, much less admit any of it. Everything you've posted is wrong. Please reconsider any of your future efforts in this area.

The end.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by TrombonCosmico View Post
    (okey okey, first, sorry for my bad english)

1-Giratina and Satan have the same history (The oppose the creator because they don't agree something and PLAF, they're sent to some dark place)
    To separate Satan from Giratina, I don't think Arceus (or Mew) created Giratina. For Arceus to be completely good (NOT A GOD REFERENCE), there must be a being of complete evil. Thus Giratina was born out of the absense of an evil force. Giratina did not have to be created by Arceus. Giratina exists as long as Arceus exists, or remains purely good. Therefore, Giratina never got *sent* anywhere. Giratina likes the place where he lives, and he knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by ebil joey View Post
    lol 666!! i did hear some where that Arceus is the god of pokemon and that Giratina is the devil of pokemon.
    i agree. it is called the renegade pokemon and the devil is a renegade.

So apparently Girantia's Satan. Does that mean if I put it in the daycare with Arceus there will be an epic battle for the souls of Pokemon?
    Last edited by intergalactic platypus; 2nd March 2008 at 5:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I'm aware you concur with me on the rest of this particular matter, but I'm sure you're aware of the much wider and sometimes somewhat more controversial range of material from which Digimon draws its designs and inspiration. Furthermore, I have it on good authority that the "666" bit they used in Digimon Adventure made it through to the dub because they literally couldn't come up with something more suitable/with fewer religious connotations with which to replace it.
    Whats the 666 refernce in digimon? I used to love digimon so if its in series 1,2 or 3 can you please tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by squirtlugia View Post
    i agree. it is called the renegade pokemon and the devil is a renegade.
    let me rephrase that. the devil led a gang of renegade angels against god and giratina could have done that to arceus. I have no idea why im fighting for someone elses opinion, i just like showing off my legend and myth knowlage. I also have an opinion that palkia and dialga could be based on adam and eve except they're both genderless. possible?

the devil led a gang of renegade angels against god and giratina could have done that to arceus. I have no idea why im fighting for someone elses opinion, i just like showing off my legend and myth knowlage. I also have an opinion that palkia and dialga could be based on adam and eve except they're both genderless. possible?
    Ugh, for god's sake, NO, NO, NO, NO and NO. Do you people not get this? Nintendo WOULD NOT have been stupid enough to include this sort of metaphoric back story in their work, much less admit to it! Enough already!

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

let me rephrase that. the devil led a gang of renegade angels against god and giratina could have done that to arceus. I have no idea why im fighting for someone elses opinion, i just like showing off my legend and myth knowlage. I also have an opinion that palkia and dialga could be based on adam and eve except they're both genderless. possible?
    Good sir, please keep your religions out of my pokemans. Seriously. Pokémon is not referencing the bible. Get over it.
    98% of the female population of this forum thinks that Eeveeboy_geoff is the sexiest thing ever. If you are one of the 2% who has bad taste (or is gay, I suppose), copy-paste this into your signature. ~.^

The whole "antagonist to the creator" is not exclusive to Christianity. Lots of belief systems and mythology have an entity that is the creators enemy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

yah keep religion out of pokemon

666 hmm? that reminds me of 06/06/06 when some people thought the devil was coming to destroy us all

oh and sbout the japanese 666 thing, 666 in japan doesn't mean the devil, i think i read once it was 444
    i checked a game and at 4:44 the Tv in the game doesn't work
    Member of the christian alliance

^Yah, like that's true...... or is it? hmmmmm.....^

Click here if you care.

Ooooooooooooooh Creepy!
    x

HECK WITH THE LEGEND! CRESSELIA LUVZ DARKRAI!

I always assumed it was based off (vaguely) a bug.

Uggh. I can't believe you guys are still discussing this topic.
    Why would you take the time to notice something so trivial?
    Giratina may or may not be a so called "devil", no body is going to come up with a definite agreeable answer,
    so, not to be rude, but you might as well get on with your lives.

Heh...I'm ready.
    (Friend Code is in Card,please PM for trades/battles)

haha I never noticed this. I doubt it was done intentionally, but you never know, there are all sorts of messages in Pokemon.

*Banner: Me visit*
    Message for Brawl/Pokemon battles

Ok, Ive managed to get myself embarrassed onto 3 people's sigs. After reading these posts now I believe it is a total, yet creepy, coincedence.

Mods can close this thread...

Somebody can recreate it at another time...

Moral: When thinking about Legendary Pokemon, NEVER listen to Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden...

It's a conicindence, dude. Why would nintendo hide that in a kids game? I am not too certin about it, though...
    -Lord Forty Two

The final word:
    The most we can say about Giratina (reagardless of the 666 thing) is that Giratina is the dark being that rebelled against Arceus because thats the way things are. He may or may not be Satan, we just know that he is evil (unlike Darkrai) and has no utter possibility to be a benevolent being.

So you people can keep saying how Giratina is Satanic (but there weren't many to begin with). We may as wellknow the truth later on in the next movie. Until then, Giratina is not Satan and Arceus is not God.

I actually say that Arceus is the Big Bang.
    Last edited by Yonowaru in Chaos; 3rd March 2008 at 6:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by henri_chung View Post
    yah keep religion out of pokemon

666 hmm? that reminds me of 06/06/06 when some people thought the devil was coming to destroy us all

oh and sbout the japanese 666 thing, 666 in japan doesn't mean the devil, i think i read once it was 444
    i checked a game and at 4:44 the Tv in the game doesn't work
    Yes the number 4 is believed to be very unlucky in Japan. What was the 666 reference in digimon some of you were talking about? It might not be coincidence you know. You keep saying they wouldn't put it in a kids game but in Japan the kids are aloud to see much more violence and swearing than us. Probably is a coincidence but just bear that in mind. Also, whats the purpose of making this thread and then asking someone to close it....bit silly if you ask me.
    Last edited by mangaeyes; 3rd March 2008 at 6:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieChavsDie View Post
    Uh, isnt is "Time Space and Matter".

The Matter would reffer to the alternate dimensions created by Giratina, and (Now we have seen Origin form) travelled between by Giratina.

I dont think Giratina is related to death at all. His typing as a ghost is purely because he can travel between these dimensions, something other people and pokemon cant do.

Giratina has nothing to do with the devil. If anything, the most "satanic" of all legendaries would be Darkrai, and that is the Nightmare pokemon.

Until we get a Dark/Fire Goat Legendary, WE DO NOT HAVE A SATAN POKEMON

That's kinda what I think too, but it still is kind of cool with the "666" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneye101 View Post
    Ok, Ive managed to get myself embarrassed onto 3 people's sigs. After reading these posts now I believe it is a total, yet creepy, coincedence.

Mods can close this thread...

Somebody can recreate it at another time...

Moral: When thinking about Legendary Pokemon, NEVER listen to Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden...
    Iron Maiden, that was what I was thinking when I read the first post. Wonder why
    Last edited by Kyuubi-Chan; 3rd March 2008 at 3:19 PM.
    Du, har stĺtt vid horisonten
    Du, har tittat mot havet om jorden var rund
    Men allt som du sĺg va en bĺt som försvann
    I dimman som rullade fram

Jag, är inte rädd att flyga
    Jag, för ovanför molnen stĺr himlen pĺ glänt
    Som jorden och mĺnen vi dras till varann
    Men hĺll mig sĺ hĺrt som du kan

---Nicco --- Loved Twin --- Ricario --- Catale --- Wajas ---

And then giratina would becoem the talking snake with legs pokemon? Well, I can see how that would work (apart perhaps from the talking bit), but I don't think every single creation myth will follow the same plot as the Judeo-Christian one.

I personally think of Giratina as a more hades like figure, like a god of death, or god of the dead (extra dimension=greek underworld that I can't remember the name of), than an evil god. The two are not synonomous, though they have been intertwined by certain religions in the west.
    Last edited by Death dealer; 3rd March 2008 at 3:43 PM.

As a demonologist (For those of you who don't know, it's a branch of theology) I know and see the reactions of religious groups when they see some sort of controversial bit of anything. Censorship nowadays is at an all-time high. It's a bit depressing for most of us, really. As a Pokemon fan, and a part of the more adult audience (With the games at least) I do like to see some connections with myths, and demons in my shows. I don't think that the animators should add in all of these demonic references in kids shows, like Digimon did in it's first and second season, but it keeps the more mature audience entertained. When I say "mature" I mean mentally mature. Some kids shouldn't know what "666" really means.

You've all also got to consider that they can't edit every little reference in the English version. There's no way that's going to fly. Remember, in Japan no one really cares about all of these references (For the most part)

But yeah. XD I actually think it's kind of cool that they put that in as a bit of a hint. They made Giratina look awesome.

Page 72 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576821221721072 ... LastLast