Thread: Help with Stretching a Picture over Multiple Pages in Microsoft Word 2007

Default Help with Stretching a Picture over Multiple Pages in Microsoft Word 2007

A few weeks ago, my dad purchased Microsoft Office 2007. It has PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Of course, Microsoft loves to add things and change the location of other options and remove or disable other things that made the previous versions of Word good(although, I really wouldn't know as I've never used the other Word versions that much in depth). I remember back when I had my other versions that you could stretch an image over multiple pages(and I've thinking it was also doable in the older versions of IE, like for printing out a game map, which is the point of this thread.), and how useful it could be.

Now here I am using Microsoft Word 2007 and Mozilla Firefox and not having the slightest idea on how to go accomplish this task. The help thing in Word itself has proved useless, as I'm unsure of what to type in there that would provide me with what I'm searching for. Printing this "MAP" has also been difficult with Firefox as it doesn't seem to want to print the whole thing. I haven't tried IE7, but seeing as how both MF and IE7 are relatively similar, I have doubts that a problem on one might also be on the other(the only major difference I've noticed between them so far is that MF has faster load times than IE7).

So the question that I'm using 2 paragraphs to explain is: How can I stretch an image(like the example above) over multiple pages to acquire the whole without having to do a photoshop-esque edit to achieve it. I'm also asking this because I was able to acquire the whole map off GameFaqs of Metroid: Zero Mission through printing it directly.

Sorry for the long post, but I want to clear and precise on the first go so that I can resolve my problem that much easier.

Thank You if you can provide me assistance.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Click on the image, and drag it down from the points that appear around it. You should also consider changing the ;layout to tight,

BO

Couldn't you just put it in Paint and print it there?

Stealthy Ninja Mario - A Crossover through Realms

@>-{Click to see my shinies}- (Currently not trading) | -{Hunting Shinies with the Pokeradar}-<@
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I was SHUKO-CHAN from NSider. Long live the Yoshis of the world!

I use publisher for that sort of thing. Just have to enable poster printing or something. Haven't done it for ages though so not sure how.

I just transfered my Manaphy egg after 454 days in care!

System Specs:
    _./\|[ASUS M2N-X Plus, AMD Athlon 64X2 5200+ 2.7GHz, nVidia 8400GS, 2GB RAM, 280GB Storage]|/\._
    Ubuntu Gutsy + Windows XP Dual Boot.
    Like games? Join here!