Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials2: War of Legends

Default Trials2: War of Legends

-This is it, the sequel to my fic, Trials of the Elite Four. This will still contain Advanceshipping. Enjoy.
    RATING: PG-13
    DISCLAIMER: I don't own Pokemon.
    Table of Contents(finally, I updated IT!):
    EFM01: Signs
    EFM02: Friend or Foe?
    EFM03: The Nightmare Warrior
    EFM04: Temporal Trap Part I
    EFM05: Temporal Trap Part II
    EFM06: ForeSHADOWing
    EFM07: Plates
    EFM08: Earth and Water
    EFM09: Ash's Lovechild?!
    EFM10: Secret Behind the Plates
    EFM11: Feeling Bites
    EFM12: More Plates, Please
    EFM13: Disappearances
    EFM14: A Father's True Story
    EFM15: Stronghold UnMASKed
    EFM16: Going All-out
    EFM17: Recuperation
    EFM18: Starting Anew
    EFM19: Upcoming Clash of Dragons
    EFM20: Rivalries Settled

EFM01: Signs

"Quilava, Flame Wheel!" The fire-type jumped into the air, and curled into a ball, wrapping himself up in flames. The rolling Pokemon fell downwards to his opponent, a Girafarig.

The Long Neck Pokemon whirled around to use a Double Hit on the descending Pokemon. The black smaller face of Girafarig slammed into Quilava, sending the latter backwards to Ash. After stumbling in front of his trainer, Quilava quickly stood back up, and dashed back towards his opponent.

Back at their table, May is watching the battle with a bored look on her face. Donphan went up to her, Pichu riding on his hide. May took Pichu off Donphan, and sighed. "I guess I should expect more of this, now that he's an Elite," she said absentmindedly to Pichu.

Ash and the cueball trainer both returned their Pokemon, and called out Donphan and Victreebel, respectively. Donphan left May's side to answer his trainer's call. As Donphan stomped past him, Ash commanded, "Rollout attack!"

Donphan curled into a ball, like Quilava, and rolled towards Victreebel, catching the grass-/poison-type off-guard. Victreebel countered with trying to grab his opponent with a couple of Vine Whips, but Donphan rolled out of the way.

The Elephant Pokemon doubled back, and hit Victreebel again. The second hit was enough to knock the Pokemon out. Ash's opponent has run out of Pokemon, which means Ash is victorious. The new Elite walked to the trainer, and extended a hand. "Hey, no hard feelings, okay? You did your best."

Mr. Cueball, who was on his knees, wiping a tear, accepted Ash's hand, and stood up. They shook hands. "Yeah, I guess you're right, you are an Elite after all," he said with a wide grin. "But next time won't be easy!" he said suddenly, turning on his heels and running away.

"I'll be looking forward to that!" Ash called cheerfully at the departing trainer. He then walked to where May is waiting, stupidly asking, "What?"

"Do you have to accept every trainer battle that comes to you? Because of that, we're off-schedule for heading to Petalburg."

"Sorry about that, May," Ash apologized, grinning sheepishly. "But, as an Elite, I have to accept any challenge from any trainer. Just like Gym Leader should."

May sighed inwardly. The couple began lunch, and so did their Pokemon. After packing up, no more trainers came to challenge Ash, so the two are able to cntinue on to Petalburg City.

---

Paul, the trainer who went to Snowpoint Temple upon Professor Rowan's request, is now fending off an angry horde of Golbat with the help of his Electabuzz. After a quick Discharge, Paul was finally left alone. He called his Murkrow, and tied a rope to one of her legs.

With Murkrow towing from above, Paul was able to bypass the icy floors of the Temple, and make it to Regigigas's domain.

There, Paul wasted no time in contacting Professor Rowan through his black Poketch. "Paul here," the trainer spoke through the gadget. "Regigigas is definitely gone."

"Are there signs of the other Regis around the area?" the Sinnoh professor asked.

"That's what puzzles me, Professor. Regigigas is supposed to awaken only by the arrival of the three Regis, yet there are no signs that they were here..."

"I see. Anything else that might help us with the investigation?"

"Maybe not the investigation, but maybe a warning for the future," Paul said grimly.

"What sort of warning?"

"That Regigigas is one powerful Pokemon, and one to be reckoned with." Paul stared ahead of him. Where Regigigas was supposed to stand, there was an enormous hole on the temple floor. The hole is seemingly bottomless, large enough to fit an entire Pokemon stadium.

---

"Ash," May said worriedly. "I think we need to go to a Pokemon Center first."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"It's Pichu." She raised Pichu in her arms for Ash to see. The little baby is breathing heavily, and was sweating everywhere. "I think he has a fever..."

Ash put a hand to Pichu's forehead, then drew it back, feeling the heat. "You're right. We'd better get to the city at a run."

Ash and May broke into a run, and in no time at all they have reached Mauville City. They didn't stop until they are in the Pokemon Center.

They presented the ailing Pichu to Nurse Joy. She immediately made an on-the-spot check-up while Pichu is on her desk. "Hm, I'd better take him to the examining room. Chansey." The nurse called to the Nurse's assistant Egg Pokemon appeared, wheeling a cart. Nurse Joy placed the baby Pokemon onto the cart, and both wheeled it to the emergency room.

May watched as her Pichu was wheeled off. She had a hand to her chest, watching as the baby was taken to the back room. Ash put a hand to her shoulder. "Come on, May, Pichu's going to be alright. Nurse Joy will take care of him."

"I know, but-" May closed her eyes. "This is the first time I ever felt separated from Pichu. It really feels painful, especially when he needs me the most right now..."

"Come on," Ash reassured her. "We'll wait for the results in the cafeteria. Besides, I have to call Professor Oak."

After letting their Pokemon out for some fresh air and exercise, Ash left May to call the lab in Pallet Town. It was Tracey who answered.

"Hey, Ash," the Pokemon watcher greeted his friend. "Professor Oak stepped out for a while, but he'll be back. In the meantime, he passed me a message if you were ever to call."

"Yeah, I thought so," Ash replied. "What is it?"

Tracey reached from underneath the videoscreen, for a newspaper. "Listen to this. It came in the morning mail, and Professor Oak was astounded to find out about it:

In one night, two Pokemon Centers are attacked. The perprator is a mysterious figure in a brown cloak. The culprit managed to destroy the networking machines in the Centers, temporarily disabling communication. The police are on the trail of this mysterious suspect, who they believe is a Pokemon.

Tracey finished reading the article to Ash. "Professor Oak is with the police with this one, though he doesn't have the slightest idea what the Pokemon could be."

"At which Pokemon Centers did the incidents happen?"

"One is right here in Kanto, at Vermilion City. The other is in Verdanturf Town right there in Hoenn..."

"Wait a second, Tracey, May and I are on the Mauville City Pokemon Center right now. Verdanturf Town is not far from here..."

"Really? Funny thing is, Professor Oak wanted you to look into that matter."

Ash nodded. "I'm on it. I'll question anyone around the area."

"Good luck, Ash." Tracey signed off, and Ash placed a hand to his chin. He's definitely going to want to look into the matter, but he has Pichu to worry about first.

Suddenly, an overhead alarm sounded that snapped Ash out of his senses. "What the-?" Ash immediately stood up, and raced to the cafeteria to check on May and their Pokemon.

"Are you guys okay?" Ash called to them as soon as they are in sight.

"Yes," May answered, standing from the booth she was sitting on. "What happened? Why did the alarm sound off?"

Several trainers are also anxious to hear why the alarm sounded off. Ash stared in the direction of the emergency room. "I'll look into it. Quilava, Donphan, you guys come with me. The rest, stay here and protect everybody if ever anything happens."

"Wait a second," a trainer asked. "Who gave you the right to give orders?"

Ash glanced at him, then opened his jacket to reveal the MasterBadge pinned to the inside. One look at the Badge, and he was recognized immediately. "I'm only looking after the safety of everyone here." He dashed to the main area of the Pokemon Center, followed by his two Pokemon.

"Be careful, Ash," May whispered. She clutched her chest again.

---

Ash checked the main lobby of the Center. Nothing was amiss. "Nurse Joy!" he called.

"What is it?" Nurse Joy appeared from the emergency room, wheeling Pichu with her. "The alarms here are a little faulty, sorry about that."

"Wait, Nurse Joy," Ash said. "I heard about an article, about Pokemon Centers being attacked without being noticed. We should check it out."

Nurse Joy looked at him curiously, but before she could answer, the door was blasted open. Ash, quickly grabbing Pichu, and Nurse Joy took cover behind a desk, then looked over the top to look at the newcomer.

The perpetrator is a white creature wih a dark-blue underbelly and tail. The figure is dressed in a brown cloak. There is a red crystal sticking out of the Pokemon's head. Ash recognized him immediately.

"Mewtwo!" Ash said. At first he was relieved, but then he saw the Pokemon's eyes. It was glazed, and whited out, like he was in a trance or something.

CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 5th December 2007 at 3:19 AM.
    -My wacky, Advanceshipping eFics:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

hey, you put a nice touch to your story, i like it alot.

its very creative and i think ill be reading every chapter of this. Bye!

An abused girl's dream... to find happiness.

Yays, the sequel!

Mewtwo seems to be under some kind of mind control. Funnily, it's a psycic type itself - I guess that Mask is strong. Most of the Legends are missing (presumably with Mask).
    Nice effect though, keep up the great job!

Quote Originally Posted by EarthBorn View Post
    Yays, the sequel!

Mewtwo seems to be under some kind of mind control. Funnily, it's a psycic type itself - I guess that Mask is strong.

Well in the epilouge it did say hes not human or a pokemon. Anyway the sequell is finally here and I can't wait to read the next chapters soon.

Credit goes to Tyranidos
    Advanceshipping all the way

O_o I forgot all about Paul...

I figured it was Mewtwo when you said 'brown cloak'. I remember in one of the intros, he had it, swaying in the wind.

And yay, sequel!
    FC: 1761 9350 7870

Credit to RaiBlade for the userbar
    Through the Fire and Flames (DragonForce) is claimed by me.

Hooray the sequel is up! Sweet Chapter, Master In Training, cant wait for the next one!
    Blood for the Blood God.

Since I didn't comment on the Epilouge in TOTEF1, I guess I will in here...

Every part of the story was so funny. The ship, Lapras, Forest, Misty, Hikari and Max. And eager Ash as usual. Man, can't believe Mask isn't human... He trashed Mewtwo! He will be hard to fight... Wait, is Mask once human, cause he was friends with Drake, then he became something inhuman and is like this now?

Onto the new story! So the mysterious guy is Paul and Regigigas is with Mask, that is not good. Now Ash faces Mewtwo again but with a chance of winning!

EFM02: Friend or Foe?

Ash was surprised to find Mewtwo standing there right in front of him. Then, with the newspaper article in mind, it dawned on him that the Pokemon is not there for any friendly greeting at all.

Mewtwo fired a powerful Psychic blast at the humans. Ash quickly grabbed Pichu, shoved Nurse Joy out of the way, and ducked to the side. The blast destroyed th front desk into splinters, right where Ash and Nurse Joy used to be!

Ash fanned the smoke with his free hand(the other hand is still holding Pichu). "Nurse," he coughed. "Where are you?"

"Here," a faint, coughing voice came from his left.

"Nurse Joy, head to the cafeteria. That would probably be the safest place right now," Ash coughed back. He gave Pichu to the nurse. "Take Pichu with you, and give him to the girl with me earlier. I'll stay here and distract him." Nurse Joy followed Ash's instructions, then, Ash stood up, facing Mewtwo. "Mewtwo, what are you doing? Why are you attacking us?"

Mewtwo didn't answer. He fired another Psychic blast in Ash's direction. At the last moment, Donphan ran in front of his trainer to take the hit. The Armor Pokemon was sent backwards, smashing into the wall. "Donphan!" Ash called to his fallen Pokemon. Ash clenched his fists, knowing that this is not the Mewtwo he used to know.

The Genetic Pokemon then tried to fire another Psychic at Ash, but suddenly, from the cafeteria, two Fire Blasts burst through, and engulfed Mewtwo in flames. Charizard and Blaziken came in, and stood in front of Ash, defending him from any more attacks.

Mewtwo then used Barrier to push the fire away from himself, and Charizard turned around, covering Ash from the flames. But, suddenly, Mewtwo turned on his heels and Teleported!

Ash ran around Charizard to where Mewtwo used to be, but he's definitely gone now.

"Ash!" May ran in after Blaziken and Charizard. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," was the reply. 'Why was Mewtwo attacking Pokemon Centers like that?'

Pretty soon, the police arrived. After interviewing the witnesses, the Center was closed down. This does not bode well with the trainers, who received their Pokemon only partially healed. Nurse Joy apologized for the inconvinience, adding that the Pokemon Center will reopen as soon as the repairs are done.

This doesn't help Pichu's condition any better, either. In fact, the baby is looking worse than ever!

Ash and May left Mauville City, both lost in gloomy thoughts. They are heading west, to Verdanturf Town. Ash felt that more questions about Mewtwo will be answered there.

In Verdanturf Town, Ash went on to his investigation. The Pokemon Center there, was closed as well. May sat down on a park bench near the Contest Hall, nursing her Pichu to try to make it feel any better.

"Oh, Pichu," May said worriedly, rocking the baby back and forth in her arms. "Please get well. You don't know how much you're worrying me..." Pichu only responded with a weak look on its face.

Ash returned from the police station. "Well, that was pretty informative," he said to himself, sarcastically. This means that he didn't get any helpful information at all. He looked sympathetically at May. "Still no improvement?" he asked her as he approached. May shook her head. The two trainers decided to continue on to their destination, Petalburg City. The rest of the trip was uneventful, and they reach May's hometown late the next day, in record time.

May's mother Caroline greeted them at the door of the Petalburg Gym. "Did you two get into trouble while getting here?"

The two trainers looked at each other, and then shook their heads. They didn't want to cause any stress for the woman. Caroline was convinced, so she didn't ask any more questions and led them inside.

May didn't notice anything until she realised that it was only the three of them coming down to supper. "Mom, where's dad?" she asked.

"Norman said that he's going to the Petalburg City Pokemon Center for official League business," Caroline replied. "That's all he told me. Now why's he being so secretive again?"

Caroline was feeling skeptical about the whole thing. The last time she learned that Norman was doing anything secretive involving Pokemon Centers, this led to a misunderstanding and nearly their separation! Ash remained quiet on the true nature of Norman's mission, however, so Caroline won't be alarmed even more.

The three humans ate supper in silence. Caroline, who, instead of eating was spoonfeeding baby Julie, broke the silence by inviting Ash to use the family guestroom instead of camping out on the living room floor again.

After supper, May was on the balcony on the second floor of their house. She was still trying to nurse her Pichu back to health, but to no avail. From inside, Ash looked towards her sadly. He approached, and put a hand on her shoulder. "Come on, May, worrying will only worsen Pichu's condition further," he said, trying to lift her spirits.

"I can't help it, okay?" May suddenly shouted, which took Ash aback.

"Okay, okay, sorry," Ash said. He sighed, then took a closer look at Pichu again. He gently stroke its head, which was still feverishly hot, but didn't even react.

After a few minutes of silence between the two, Ash announced, "I'll be going now."

"Wait, Ash, where are you going?" May asked.

Ash lowered his voice so Caroline wouldn't hear. "I'm going to the Pokemon Center to check up on your dad if he's okay. I also want to get deeper into this crisis. It may mean a friend's life..."

"You mean that Pokemon... Mewtwo, right?" Ash nodded. "Be careful, okay, Ash? I'll tell Mom that you won't be sleeping here tonight."

Ash bid farewell, and left the gym for the Pokemon Center. May looked after the departing trainer, hoping that he will return safely. Pichu could only follow her gaze, still afflicted with an unknown illness.

---

Max continues his training at Professor Oak's lab. Helping him along the way are several of Ash's Pokemon, who took a shine to him. Meanwhile, Professor Oak has just received new data on the G. S. Ball from Kurt, and was analyzing it immediately and didn't want to be disturbed.

Tracey entered the lab's main office, where Oak was, which he found is in a mess. The Pokemon Watcher found his mentor surrounded by a pile of research papers, looking like he hasn't slept in days.

"AAAAGGHHH!" the professor suddenly shouted furiously. "I still can't figure this G. S. Ball data right!"

"What's wrong, Professor?"

"This data Kurt sent me, it all doesn't make any sense!" the professor kept saying. "It says here that the G. S. Ball is supposed to do something special, but I couldn't figure out what!"

Tracey sweatdropped. "Then, what is in the research Kurt sent to you, Professor Oak?"

"They're not helping me at all," Oak replied, heaving a huge sigh. "Kurt only gave me what little I already know." He hit his head hard on the desk in a thud.

---

Back in Petalburg City... The Pokemon Center there is surrounded by a small army of policemen and security guards. Ash ran right in, before being stopped in his tracks. However, Norman, who seems to be heading security, recognized Ash and allowed the latter to enter.

Ash updated Norman with what he knew of the Center attacker(Mewtwo). "So you think that this Pokemon is under some sort of mind control?"

"Yes, because I know he wouldn't be doing this on purpose." Something clicked in Ash's had. "I certainly don't remember seeing him with a crystal on his head when we last met. That must be what was controlling him!"

Norman was lost in thought. "You do know that if ever we won't be able to get him out of this control, we have to tak every measure to bring him down." Ash nodded grimly. Just then, the guards outside were heard shouting. That means Mewtwo is here!

"Get ready," Ash warned his future in-law, calling out Charizard. "Mewtwo isn't called a Legendary for nothing..."

"I'll keep that in mind," Norman replied, calling out Slaking and Vigoroth. Soon enough, the Center doors were blasted open, and the Genetic Pokemon stood in front of them, an evil aura surrounding him.

CONTINUED...
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Wow, Mewtwo Legendary Battle so soon? Charizard got experience, so he got the best chance of beating the Psychic type, Norman most likely will go down faster with a type disadvantage on him.

Awesome, two chapters in, and a legendary is already messing up the world.
    Mewtwo reminds me of shadow pokemon. Maybe...
        Spoiler:- foreshadowing?:

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoozaru View Post
    Wow, Mewtwo Legendary Battle so soon? Charizard got experience, so he got the best chance of beating the Psychic type, Norman most likely will go down faster with a type disadvantage on him.
    How does Norman have a type disadvantage? Last time I checked, he had all normal.

Awesome, two chapters in, and a legendary is already messing up the world.
    Mewtwo reminds me of shadow pokemon. Maybe...
    Spoiler:- foreshadowing?:

Show Spoiler

Ash will snag it with the snaggy thingy!
    You mean a Snag Machine or a Snag Ball, right Ze Skarmory?

Anyways, nice chap as always Master In training.
    Last edited by UltimateShadic; 7th October 2007 at 2:57 PM. Reason: might have ruined a spoiler
    Blood for the Blood God.

I'm just wondering which Lengendarys are still not under Mask's command?
    Can anyone refer me to the part Pichu got sick? It's not in the current two chapters.(I think)
    EDIT: Got it now, I feel so dumb............

I like this fic because the plot which flows from one event to another. The Characters are not invincible with awesome powers which kills everything in sight.

Is there any real reason you started with Mewtwo as the first attacking evil Legendary???
    Last edited by Weiyao; 7th October 2007 at 4:56 PM. Reason: Missing Info...

Another good chap master in training although it would be more suspensful if something happened to pokemon center with Norman still in their, but still good chap

Credit goes to Tyranidos
    Advanceshipping all the way

Possibly a shadow Mewtwo? Maybe this is a Cipher revival fic like mine? The dark aura is a hint.

-Excepting his "Mask of Ice" basis, Mask is a completely original villain, okay?
    -Ash would get his very first Legendary ally in this episode.
    EFM03: The Nightmare Warrior

Mewtwo fired Shadow Ball at the two trainers' Pokemon. Slaking jumped in front of Charizard, and his immunity to thee attack was enough to dissolve the Shadow Ball. "Protect, Slaking!"

The Lazy Pokemon covered himself in a green shield, and Charizard, from behind, used Flamethrower. The fire-type attack passed Slaking unharmed, and hit Mewtwo, who was caught off-guard. The Genetic Pokmon felt the full force of the blast, but he used Recover to immediately nullify the damage.

"Charizard, charge forward with Flare Blitz!" Covering himself in flames, Charizard flew straight at Mewtwo. The Genetic Pokemon blocked it with a mere thrust of his right hand, but it turned out to be just a distraction!

"Slaking, use Dynamic Punch!" Slaking came in from behind, his fists glowing. Mewtwo, however, foresaw this attack, and held the 2nd Pokemon with his other hand! From both hands, Mewtwo fired Psychic, sending Charizard and Slaking backwards. The two Pokemon slumped into a heap right in front of their trainers.

Mewtwo kept advancing on them. Ash clenched his fists, then trained his eyes on the sparkling red crystal on Mewtwo's forehad. "Pikachu," he silently commanded the Pokemon on his shoulder, "use Thunderbolt on the crystal on Mewtwo's head!"

Pikachu nodded, jumped into the air, and used Thunderbolt. Again, Mewtwo created a Barrier around him, blocking the attack. But before Norman could stop him, Ash himself charged forward, trying to aim a punch for the crystal. But Mewtwo, just by glaring at him, launched Ash backwards as well.

Norman caught Ash, but he, too, was sent flying. Ignoring them now, Mewtwo proceeded with his mission: to destroy the Pokemon Center. Ash, lying on top of Norman, who was unconscious, struggled to stand up, but he only got on his knees. "Stop it, Mewtwo!" he shouted to the Pokemon. "You've got to fight it, I know you can!"

The Genetic Pokemon stopped charging up for his Psychic, then turned to look at Ash. The young man thought he might have gottn to Mewtwo's subconscious, but then he saw Mewtwo ready to fire Psychic right at him! Ash closed his eyes, bracing himself for the attack, but even though he felt Mewtwo released the Psychic, but he felt nothing.

Ash opened his eyes to see a large shadow-like creature standing in front of him and Mewtwo. Ash recognized the creature immediately, and was astonished at the same time. "Darkrai!"

The Pokemon turned around, and Ash's suspicions were confirmed. It seemed that Darkrai arrived, and created a shield to protect Ash from Mewtwo's attack. Mewtwo, once again, wasn't surprised by the new arrival.

Mewtwo fired another Psychic at Darkrai. The Pitch-black Pokemon simply stood still, and the attack hit him, though it didn't have any effect. Mewtwo used Shadow Ball, and Darkrai generated a second shield.

Darkrai seems to be waiting for something, and he's not making any offensive. The Pitch-black Pokemon kept shooting glances at Ash behind him, and the latter just realised what the dark-type was waiting for. "What? Are you... Waiting for my orders?" Darkrai didn't respond. Ash decided to try it out. He stood up, although shakily, then said, "Darkrai, Dark Pulse!"

Darkrai dissolved his shield, then balled his hands in front of him. From the Pokemon's hands, he released a dark aura, firing it at Mewtwo! This time it was the Genetic Pokemon's turn to generate a shield, but too late. Mewtwo felt the force of the attack, making him flinch.

'Wow, he is obeying me,' Ash thought. "Okay, Darkrai, listen, we must destroy the crystal on Mewtwo's head. It will break him out of whoever's controlling him!"

Darkrai gave a curt nod, then lunged forward, trying to strike the part of Mewtwo's head where the crystal is. Mewtwo blocked the attack, and the two Pokemon locked against each other in strangleholds. Darkrai fired another Dark Pulse, this tim originating from his eyes, at the crystal, but it won't break!

'Uh-oh, looks like the crystal won't break easily,' Ash thought. 'How am I going to free Mewtwo?' Behind him, Norman is beginning to stir. "Let's try another tactic. Dark Void!"

The Pitch-black Pokemon's eyes glowed in a black shade, and Mewtwo was staring right at it. Then, the Genetic Pokmon was being covered by darkness from the foot up! Darkrai released his hold on Mewtwo, and the Pokemon fell face forward to the floor. The Pokemon is now trapped in Darkrai's dream world.

Ash ran to Mewtwo's side. He checked for any sign of life, but, aside from the sleeping state, Mewtwo was fine. Stupidly, Ash tried prying the crystal with his own hands, but he felt a slight electrocution at the slightest touch. "Argh," he said, waving his hands to fend off the electricity he felt. "I guess we won't be able to save him easily..."

"Ah, my aching head," Norman groaned, slowly getting to his feet. "What happened? Is it over?"

Ash nodded. "For now." The guards also recovered, and rushed inside the Center. They crowded around Mewtwo, ready to act if ever the Pokemon should move. "Wait! Don't hurt him!" Ash shouted. "He's harmless for the time being..."

Norman, recalling his Slaking, shakily walked over to Ash. "Listen to him. Right now, we have no idea of what's really happening." The guards saluted him, but they remained vigilant. The Petalburg Gym leader then realised another presence, and saw Darkrai standing right next to Ash. "Do you mind introducing me from your other friend, Ash?"

"Oh, sorry..."

---

Peace was returned to Petalburg City, for now. Mewtwo was kept at the Pokemon Center. Luckily, the Dark Void isn't getting any closer to wearing off, so he's stable for the time being. Early the next morning, Ash and Norman returned to the gym, and Caroline was astonished about her husband not telling her of the whole story.

"OW! May, it stings!" Ash was just reacting to antiseptic May is applying to his injuries. The two are in May's room, escaping Caroline's wrath while she was scolding her husband. They brought baby Julie with them, who was playing with Pichu. The other baby was still feeling gloomy, and ignored May's little sister.

"You should really think first before rushing into dangerous stuff like that, Ash," May scolded. She wrapped a bandage around Ash's bruised arm, which she put on a little too tight. "You don't know how worried I was!"

"Owowowowowow, May, okay, okay, I get the picture!" Ash cringed as May wrapped another bandage on Ash's wrist.

After the medication, May closed the lid of the first-aid box. She gazed outside, right at the larg shadow on her balcony. Darkrai has accompanied Ash and Norman back to the gym, it seems. "So, that Pokemon saved your livs?" she asked her boyfriend uneasily.

"Not only that," Ash replied, nodding, "he obeyed my commands, and because of him we were able to subdue Mewtwo."

May shivered. "I think he gives me the creeps..." Suddenly, as if he heard her, Darkrai turned around. He entered the room, and was hovering towards them. May, thinking she offended the Pokemon, hid behind Ash, but Darkrai wasn't looking at her.

The dark-typ was instead looking at Pichu, who was right in the center of the bed. Darkrai placed a hand right on Pichu's head, and suddenly the baby Pokemon dropped on its back, unconscious!

"Pichu!" May shrieked, rushing to the prone body of her Pokemon.

"Darkrai," Ash said. "What did you do?"

The Pitch-black Pokemon didn't answer. May picked Pichu up in her arms, but just as she did, Pichu's eyes opened up, and its ears picked up! Ash and May gazed opnmouthed as Pichu stared at one trainer to the other. Looks like he was healed!

Ash couldn't believe it, nor did May. They looked at Darkrai, who was still expressionless. "T- Thanks," May stuttered, in a whisper.

Darkrai still didn't answer, and instead disappeared into a shadow, literally. "I guess he's on our side, though he doesn't like to admit it," Ash said, grinning.

---

"So you've got Darkrai with you?"

"Not exactly. But he IS an ally now."

Ash is calling Brock at Pewter City Gym, relaying the events in the past few nights. The gym leader was also astonished at the timely appearance of the Legendary Pokemon. "Hearing about Mewtwo, that may be a good thing after all," Brock surmised. "Speaking of which-"

"Mewtwo is still under Dark Void. I don't know how long it will hold him, but we have to get that crystal off of him before he wakes up."

"Keep us here in Kanto informed, okay? And take care of yourself, Ash." Ash said farewell, then signed off. He rubbed the bandage on his wrist, and cringed. "Either May doesn't know how to apply first aid very well, or she did this on purpose."

Pichu ran past him, playfully chased by Squirtle. Pichu stopped in its tracks, faced Ash, and Volt Tackled him instead! "Aw, geez, Pichu, will you stop doing that?"

May ran in just in time to see Pichu tackle Ash. She gave an inward smile. 'Things are back to normal, I guess,' she thought.

---

Family and guest are just sitting down for lunch when the Center alarm sounded shrilly again. Norman scowled. "That doesn't sound good. Does that mean our friend snapped out of the Dark Void?"

Norman tried to excuse himself, but Caroline wouldn't allow him to leave, due to his injuries. Ash, however, was able to run out before May can stop him.

As Ash ran to the Pokemon Center Darkrai reappeared, materialising from the trainer's shadow.

Human and Pokemon rushed into the building, to see a disturbing sight. Mewtwo, still under the Dark Void, was being carried by none other than a Deoxys! The Pokemon, like Mewtwo, has a red crystal on his head.

"Why am I not surprised this time?" Ash said, taking out a Pokeball. "Go, Charizard!"

Charizard was released from his Pokeball, and stood side by side with Darkrai. The two Pokemon simply acknowledged each other with stares before returning to facing their new opponent.

But even before they could act, the ground erupted beneath them. From behind Deoxys a very large, quadrupedal Pokemon surfaced from underground. This Pokemon is dark-blue in color, with spikes that are sparkling white. There is a shining diamond on the front of the Pokemon. And, like Deoxys and Mewtwo, a crystal is sticking out of his head.

Ash's eyes widened in horror. "Dialga," he muttered.

Deoxys jumped onto the back of the Temporal Pokemon. Dialga opened his mouth and let out a powerful roar. The space around Ash and his Pokemon start to dissolve into oblivion!

CONTINUED...
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Wow, 4 legends all in one chapter! Best chapter so far! Cant wait for the next one, like always!
    Blood for the Blood God.

Darkrai! My favorite legendary! It's awesome how you got him into this. Now if only Ash could catch it....

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateShadic View Post
    You mean a Snag Machine or a Snag Ball, right Ze Skarmory?

Anyways, nice chap as always Master In training.
    Ya, that. All I remember was that it had snag in its name.

-Ironically, in Bulbapedia, Darkrai is described as truly evil.
    -Sadly, a showdown you expect, and a showdown will not be here today. However, there is one more catch...
    EFM04: Temporal Trap, Part I

Somewhere near Evergrande City... Drake's galleon the Dragoon is anchored near a desert island. Nearby, Palkia is seen waist high in the sea. The Spacial Pokemon narrowed his eyes, sensing the disturbance of space from afar. Drake appeared on the beach behind the Pokemon.

"So you sense it too, huh?" the Elite asked. Palkia didn't answer. Instead, the Spacial Pokemon dived underwater, racing towards the source of the disturbance. Drake called out Salamence.

---

May felt a slight breeze, making her shiver. This was a bad omen. "Ash," she whispered. Pichu also had that bad feeling.

Without wasting any time, the girl dashed out of her room. She ran downstairs, heading for the door when her mother stopped her in her tracks.

"You're not going after Ash, are you?" Caroline asked worriedly.

"Yes, I am," May said confidently. "Ash is in trouble, and I have to go and help him." Caroline noticed that May had that look on her face that meant she wasn't going to change her mind, so she reluctantly allowed her daughter to go after Ash.

May ran down the streets, thinking, 'Please, Ash, be okay...'

Her worst fear was soon realised when she saw the Pokemon Center. Or what was the Pokemon Center... Right where the building was supposed to have stood, was a large crater nearly a hundred feet in diameter. May stood, speechless at the edge of the crater. "Ash," she croaked. Pichu jumped from her arms, crawling into the hole.

"Ketchup!" the little mouse suddenly shouted. May realised that Pichu was calling for Ash. Pichu kept shouting the word again and again, but, receiving no response, its ears drooped again.

May slid in after Pichu, into the core of the crater. Except for a few debris, pieces of metal and concrete, the crater was bare. "Ash, please," May said, closing her eyes, "please don't be hurt!"

---

Pikachu awoke suddenly. He finds himself in a strange dimension. The surroundings are in a swirl, like they don't have any shape at all. The Electric Mouse then noticed Charizard, unconscious, right next to him. Pikachu prodded the larger Pokemon awake.

Charizard rose from his lying position, holding his head. Charizard(Ugh. Where are we?)

Pikachu(I don't know. More importantly, where's Ash?)

The two Pokemon looked around, and Ash is nowhere to be seen. Pikachu(We have to find him, and get out of this weird place!)

Charizard(I'm with you on this one...) Pikachu jumped onto Charizard's back, and the flying-type took off, heading to who-knows-where. The two Pokemon surveyed the surroundings, but they felt like they were just going around in circles. Charizard stopped mid-flight, after going around for what seemed like hours.

Charizard(This isn't taking us anywhere. Where is Ash?)

As if to answer his question, a sort of portal opened right in front of them. Pikachu and Charizard looked at each other, shrugged, then stepped through the portal. It's better than being lost in that dimension, right?

When the two Pokemon went through the portal, they couldn't believe their eyes. They are now back in Pallet Town! Pikachu blinked, while Charizard was openmouthed. Suddenly, two boys walked past them. Pikachu looked at them, but the Pokemon seemed to be ignored. Charizard tried grabbing for one of the boys, but his hands just phased through!

Charizard blinked, and so did Pikachu. Charizard stared at his hands. Charizard(What the-? Am I a ghost?!)

Pikachu jumped off Charizard. Pikachu(I can touch you, and I think I'm not a ghost, either...)

The two Pokemon looked around. Professor Oak's lab is in the distance. Pikachu jumped back onto Charizard, and the latter took off in the direction of the lab. Upon reaching there, the pokemon realised that the corral, which should be usually filled with Pokemon, is empty!

Pikachu(Where is everyone?)

Charizard looked around as well. The whole corral is deserted. Then they took a closer look at the laboratory next to them. It's not exactly the lab they used to call their temporary home. The building is old-fashioned, reminiscent of Japanese traditional homes. The wooden door in front of them slid open, and again the two Pokemon's mopuths were agape at who just stepped out.

He is none other than Professor Oak, but his usual gray hair is brown, and there are less wrinkles on his face. Pikachu and Charizard are just looking at a twenty-year old Samuel Oak! "Ah, ah, ah, I gotta move!" the young Oak said to himself, walking past the stunned Pokemon.

Charizard and Pikachu kept their eyes on Oak as he left the front yard of his house. Charizard bonked himself on the head. Charizard(Am I dreaming, or is that Professor Oak who walked past us?)

---

May knelt at the center of the crater, Pichu by her side, still looking for Ash "Ketchup". Suddenly, a shadow clouded above them, and May looked upwards to see a Salamence making a VTOL landing right in front of her. The ground shook behind her, and she turned around to see Palkia walking to the edge of the crater. Several people are now gathering around, taking a closer look.

Drake got off his Salamence, and quickly looked around, inspecting the wreckage. "Looks like I'm too late," he muttered.

"Drake!" May stood up and ran up to him. "Do you know what happened here?"

Drake nodded. "I have a faint idea..." He pointed to his Pokemon, Palkia, who is now growling at what seems like nothing at all. "Palkia sensed that his brother, Dialga, is the cause of this. He felt that the disturbance in the time plane is caused by Dialga's use of his Roar of Time attack."

"But, is Ash-"

"The best we can think of is, Ash may be trapped in a time void. For the worst..." His voice trailed off.

---

Pikachu and Charizard, finally realising that they are somewhen in the past, followed Professor Oak to wherever the latter's going. The young Kanto regional researcher walked along a small dirt trail, followed by his two shadows. Even though the Pokemon knew they were "invisible", they still kept a distance.

Samuel Oak made a right turn, to a familiar dirt path. In the distance Pikachu saw a very familiar dwelling, which the Pokemon professor entered. It didn't have any change from what it is now in the future. The Ketchum residence!

Charizard(So this is where Ash lived when he was young?)

Pikachu(Not quite. For all we know, Ash may not even be born right now...)

On cue, they heard a shriek from inside! The two Pokemon tensed themselves, thinking there's trouble. Instead, out the door came Professor Oak again, wheeling a pregnant young woman in a wheelchair. The Pokemon blinked again, and recognized the woman. Delia Ketchum, Ash's mother?

"Oooh," she groaned, "where's that no good husband of mine when I needed him the most?"

"Don't worry, Delia," Samuel Oak assured her. "I'll take you to the hospital immediately, then call Tony right away." The professor ran down the path again, pushing the wheelchair in front of him.

Pikachu and Charizard, stunned again, stared at each other. Charizard(You don't think-?)

Pikachu(Well, there's only one way to find out.)

The two Pokemon raced to the main district of Pallet Town, where the hospital would be. Looks like they're just in time to see the birth of their trainer!

---

"Is there any way we can save Ash?" May asked frantically. "Palkia. He can warp space, right? Maybe he can-"

Drake shook his head, as he sipped the tea Caroline handed him in a mug. "Palkia has no control over time. If he uses his power to shift the dimension, it may cause more rifts that may destroy Ash. That is, if he is still alive..."

May and Drake are back in the Petalburg City Gym. The former relayed the story to her parents, and they, too, are anxious to hear any news from Ash. May was lost in thought, trying to think of a way to save Ash. Then, an idea sprung into her head. "Wait a second," she said, getting off her seat and rushing upstairs.

The female Coordinator returned from her room, out of breath. In her hands is the G. S. Ball. "This G. S. Ball," she gasped, catching her breath, "it sent me back in time once. Maybe we can use it to help Ash!"

Drake stood up. "That may not be a bad idea. Quick, let me take a look." May handed her the Pokeball, and the Elite examined it. "How do you activate it?"

May shot a glance at Pichu. Drake followed her gaze, and gave the G. S. Ball to the baby Pokemon. Pichu gladly took the Pokeball, and pressed the capture mechanism with its nose. However, it's not working!

"Is it broken?" Caroline inquired.

"No," May whispered. "It can't be broken... It's the only way we can save Ash..."

Drake knelt down to take a closer look at Pichu. The latter kept pressing its nose against the CM, but it's still not working. Pichu's ears drooped in defeat. Drake inspected the G. S. Ball more closely. "Hold on, there's something here in the silver base..." His right index finger felt around the silver base of the Pokeball, and pressed another secret mechanism.

The G. S. Ball opened again, and this time it was Pichu who was astonished as well. All four humans shielded their eyes from the glare the interior of the Pokeball was flashing. From that interior emerged a small, green fairy-like creature. As the light died down, May recognized the Pokemon at once.

"It's a Celebi," she whispered. "A Celebi is inside the G. S. Ball!"

CONTINUED...
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Yay! Darkrai to the recuse! When you said the first legendary, I thought Charizard would have destroyed the jewel, freeing Mewtwo, guess not. Darkrai defeated Mewtwo with a Dark Void but the jewel is still stuck. Pichu saying Ketchup for Ash is so funny it wins. The next ally is here? We get to see Ash's father?

So right now, it's Darkrai and Palkia vs every other legendary. Seems fair XD

Ketchup! Ketchup! Maybe they shouldn't have thought Pichu to say a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Skarmory View Post
    So right now, it's Darkrai and Palkia vs every other legendary. Seems fair XD

Ketchup! Ketchup! Maybe they shouldn't have thought Pichu to say a word.
    How about Celebi?
    Add All of Ash's Pokemon(6 at a time)
    All of everyone else and it seems fair to me...
    EDIT: It probably would end up one or two Pokemon against a Legendary at a time anyway...
    Last edited by Weiyao; 9th October 2007 at 7:17 AM.
    ZZZZZZ....... *Yawns*
    Yes... You were sayi... ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Weiyao View Post
    How about Celebi?
    Add All of Ash's Pokemon(6 at a time)
    All of everyone else and it seems fair to me...
    EDIT: It probably would end up one or two Pokemon against a Legendary at a time anyway...
    Well, Celebi hasn't really fought yet.
    But remember, in the anime world, this rule is pretty same throughout the world:
    regulars < legendary

There are exceptions, but that's pretty much it.

I like how your bringing in things that would never come up in the show, like ash's dad, cerulean cave, Legendarys on a regular basis. Its the things like that which makes this fic 10 times better than the actual animie
    Quote Originally Posted by Romke View Post
    Mmm, its a sandstorm based team and I dont know if spirittomb works well. I keep that 1 in mind Thanks! What about shedinja?

EFM05: Temporal Trap, Part II

The dryad-like Pokemon gazed around him to see the faces of the humans. Then his eyes settled on Pichu, who was still holding his home. Celebi flew straight at Pichu, then patted one of his hands on Pichu's head. Pichu replied by releasing the G. S. Ball, and putting its own hands over its own head, touching Celebi's.

Celebi lifted Pichu up with his psychic powers, and the two Pokemon "flew" around the room, playfully chasing each other. Drake's eyes never left Celebi. As Pichu and Celebi circled around May, he said, "That is a Celebi, isn't it? A time-travelling Pokemon..."

May nodded, playfully grabbing Pichu out of its flight path. She took out her Pokedex, trained it on Celebi, and showed it to everyone:

Celebi, the Time Travel Pokemon
    It has the power to travel across time, but it is said to appear only in peaceful times.

Celebi kept circling around the room, and Pichu, still in May's arms, are following its every move with its eyes. "Celebi must be sleeping in the G. S. Ball this whole time. He awakened when Pichu activated the G. S. Ball before."

"The problem now is, how are we going to use its powers without disrupting the flow of time ourselves?" Drake asked. Celebi looked at him.

---

The Pallet Town Hospital was nothing more than a small clinic. Charizard and Pikachu walked into the waiting room to see Professor Oak making a call at a phone booth. They could hear the screams of agony of Mrs. Ketchum in the other room, the delivery room.

Charizard smirked. Charizard(Well, you wanted to see our trainer, now's your chance...)

Pikachu(Whoa, now, no way am I going in there! Who knows what horrors I will go through again...)

Charizard raised an eyebrow, then just shrugged. He focused his eye on Professor Oak, who seems to have a heated conversation with whoever he was speaking to. "What do you mean, Tony isn't with you? You were always with him, Flint. You guys are inseperable! Where is he? His wife's about to go into labor!"

"I'm really, really sorry, Sam, but Tony's not here. He went to investigate some place called Cerulean Cave..."

"He can't possibly go exploring to miss the birth of his own child," Oak continued angrily. Charizard closed in on the conversation, and found himself looking at a dark-skinned middle-aged man with very familiar squinty eyes, on the other line.

Flint was about to say something when a voice could be heard from the background. "Flint, have you seen Brock? That little boy's always getting into shenanigans with girls again..."

"Well, I'd better go," Flint said to Samuel Oak. "Send my regards to Delia and the new baby, okay?" Flint signed off before Oak could say anything else.

Oak put his head on his hands, and sighed deeply. He could clearly hear Delia's groans in the next room.

---

"No kidding?! The G. S. Ball contained a Celebi?"

"Yes. It seems that the Celebi in question has been hibernating inside the G. S. Ball for quite some time now."

The excited voice belonged to the present day Professor Oak. May was talking to him, informing him of the recent discovery. Much to May's dismay and surprise, the researcher began a tirade of theories, concerning the G. S. Ball and the mysteries it could solve now that a piece of the puzzle has been unveiled.

"The G. S. Ball containing a time-travelling Pokemon was enough to create a dimensional gap. That's why Ivy wasn't able to transport it by computer. And, the fact that it can't be opened-"

"Uh, Professor?" May politely interrupted. "Sorry, but you musn't discuss stuff like that right now, we have to help Ash."

"Huh? Oh, yes, sorry." Professor Oak put a hand to his chin, thinking. "Hm, you can't travel back in time when there is a distortion already going on, right? Then, agh, I really don't understand a thing about time travel even if it hits me right in the face..."

At that moment, a towel hit him right in the face, thrown by a playful Pichu in the background.

---

Pikachu and Charizard lingered in the pediatric ward of the hospital, curious to see their future trainer as an infant. Pikachu(I wonder what Ash looked like as a baby. I never got to see any baby pictures of him, and I don't know why...)

Charizard(That's easy. He always has those weird marks on his face. And, don't get me started on the hair, so...)

He pointed to an infant in a corner bed. The sleeping baby had the exact features Charizard has described.

Pikachu raised an eyebrow. Pikachu(What makes you so sure?)

Charizard(Wanna make a bet?)

Pikachu(I don't gamble, but, fine, 50 Pokedollars. Or is that too much for you?)

Charizard grinned broadly. Just then a nurse arrived, coming from the room where Delia was resting. She walked past Pikachu and Charizard, towards the aforementioned baby. The nurse picked him up, saying, "Come on, can't let your mommy waiting..."

The nurse, baby cradled in her arms, went back to Delia's room. Charizard's grin went even wider, and Pikachu sweatdropped.

Pikachu(One word, and beware. You're weak against electric-types, remember?)

Charizard(You owe me fifty, buddy. Nothing more to say.)

Pikachu(This is why I don't make bets. I always lose! Enough of this. We still have to find OUR Ash, remember?)

The Electric Mouse stalked off, not saying anymore. Charizard snickered, and followed his companion.

The two Pokemon exited the hospital. They have no clue where their trainer is, and how they will get back to their own time. But they still have the resolve to do those things before the situation gets any worse.

As the two are leaving, on the outskirts of Pallet Town they saw another strange sight. Ash is standing in the shade of a tree on top of a hill, overlooking the small town.

The young trainer saw his Pokemon running up to him. "Pikachu. Charizard!" Ash ran down the hill to greet his Pokemon. Their reunion was short-lived, however, when the ground beneath them began to give.

Again, the space around them are being distorted, and the three found themselves back in the void where Pikachu and Charizard started. And, right in front of them is the Pokemon responsible for trapping them there in the first place: Dialga.

Charizard beckoned for Ash to ride on his back, and the latter complied. "This is just like fighting Palkia, Charizard, only we may be in over our heads this time. You ready?"

Charizard gave a curt nod, his eye never leaving Dialga's. Pikachu, on Ash's shoulder, ran up to the Flame Pokemon's head. Pikachu(And, this time, he won't be alone!)

"Then, let's go!" Ash shouted. Charizard charged right towards Dialga, ready to battle a Legendary once again.

Dialga began by firing Hyper Beam at the trio. Charizard dodged it, and countered with Dragonbreath, and Pikachu with Charge Beam. The two attacks converged into one, hitting the Temporal Pokemon. But they seem to have no effect!

"Charizard, he's part steel-type, so concentrate on fire-type attacks!" Ash told his Pokemon. "Pikachu, give Charizard as much slack as you can." Pikachu used Flash on Dialga, temporarily blinding him, while Charizard used Flamethrower.

Dialga, shaking his head to remove his blindness, accidentally swiped Charizard with his tail. Ash and Pikachu were thrown off Charizard from the hit, falling into the void. Charizard, trying to recover from the attack, watched helplessly as he saw his companions falling into eternal void.

But, a barrier materialised below Ash and Pikachu, and the two safely landed on it. Darkrai appeared from out of nowhere, right next to Ash and Pikachu. "Well, it's about time you showed up," Ash joked. Darkrai, as usual, didn't respond, and instead eyed their opponent apprehensively.

Dialga suddenly fired a Flash Cannon in their direction. Darkrai raised the barrier to cover them all, the steel-type attack missing them completely. Darkrai telepathically rose the barrier platform they are on, taking them on level with Charizard. Ash jumped back onto his fire-type Pokemon, and Pikachu jumped on Darkrai's shoulders. The two parties circled around Dialga, surrounding him.

Upon Ash's command, Darkrai and Pikachu fired Dark Pulase and Charge Beam, respectively, on one side, while Charizared used Fire Blast on the other. Dialga used Protect, generating a shield of his own, deflecting the three attacks.

"Darkrai, can't you use Dark Void on him as well?" Ash shouted to the Pitch-black Pokemon. Darkrai swiftly approached Dialga, trying to stare directly into the dragon Pokemon's eyes. However, Dialga is wise to this tactic, closed his eyes, and swerved sideways, hitting Darkrai with Iron Tail.

The Pitch-black Pokemon didn't see the attack coming, and was flying backwards, taking Pikachu with him. Charizard flew behind them, catching Darkrai safely.

'Uh-oh,' Ash thought, picking Pikachu off Darkrai, and placing him in front, by Charizard's neck.'He won't succumb to Dark Void so easily!' Darkrai shrugged off Charizard's hold, ready for another round against Dialga. "Dialga has an awesome defense, how are we going to get past it?"

As if to answer his question, another portal appeared right behind them. From the portal emerged a familiar face: Palkia, the Spacial Pokemon! Guiding the second dragon Pokemon is a Celebi, and Ash was astonished at the newcomers.

"What? More of them? Wait, they don't have crystals on their heads. That must mean that that is Drake's Palkia," Ash announced. 'Celebi, Palkia, Darkrai, Charizard and Pikachu. I hope you guys will be enough to take down that guy... Drake, I hope you don't mind, I have to borrow your Pokemon awhile...'

Making a hunch, Ash commanded, "Celebi, Magical Leaf! Charizard, Flamethrower! Pikachu, Charge Beam! Darkrai, Dark Pulse! Palkia, Spacial Rend!" The first four executed their attacks, heading straight for Dialga. Then, even before the dragon could counter, Palkia slashed the trajectory of the attacks, dissolving them to another dimension.

Dialga kept whirling around, trying to guess where the attacks will reappear. The Temporal Pokemon was preoccupied that Palkia closed in for a Giga Impact. The two giant dragons clashed with each other, then Charizard came in from behind Palkia, using Flamethrower. Pikachu, on his head again, used another Charge Beam. Palkia swerved out of the way so the Temporal Pokemon would feel the force of the attacks, and slashed another Spacial Rend in his direction.

Dialga felt the barrage of the attacks, and, suddenly, from behind him, a rift opened, and the attacks from before hit him unsuspectingly. The continuous barrage has worn Dialga down! But, before Ash could celebrate, the crystal on the Temporal Pokemon's forehead glowed, restoring its host to full power!

"No way!" Ash shouted in despair. He clenched his fists. "So our real target is that crystal after all. But how do we break it?" Before he could think of anything, Dialga used Flash Cannon again multiple times, hitting all the Pokemon.

Ash knelt down at his fallen Pokemon. "There's got to be something hard enough to destroy that crystal. But what?" Celebi crawled up to him, and the Pokemon opened a small time portal in front of the trainer, showing Ash the present time. May is as surprised as he was to find themselves facing each other.

"Ash!" May shouted in relief.

"May!" Then, Ash noticed Pichu in May's arms waving at him. Pichu is holding the G. S. Ball in its hands. 'Maybe, just maybe...' "May, throw the G. S. Ball to me, quick!"

Puzzled, May has nothing to do but to confirm. She threw the Pokeball through the portal straight into Ash's arms. Ash clutched the G. S. Ball in his hands, and stood up. "Charizard, Pikachu, everyone!" The Pokemon all looked at him. "Let's give it another shot, okay?"

Fueled by their trainer's confidence, Pikachu and Charizard rose to their feet. The others followed suit, and Ash and Pikachu jumped back onto Charizard. Charizard swooped in towards Dialga, firing Flamethrower again.

The other Pokemon followed suit, launching all their attacks upon Dialga. The Temporal Pokemon used Protect again, shielding himself from the barrage.

It was all just a distraction, however. Just as Dialga's Protect wore off, Charizard closed in, Ash standing on back of him.

"Okay, G. S. Ball, GO!" Ash threw the G. S. Ball straight towards Dialga. "Pikachu, use Charge Beam to aim the G. S. Ball straight towards the crystal!"

Pikachu complied, and, as the G. S. Ball was heading for Dialga, fired Charge Beam straight towards the relic. The Charge Beam's accuracy allowed a bulls-eye, right at the forehead and at the crystal!

CONTINUED...
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Whoa, awesome chapter! So it looks like Ash DID end up 'snagging' a Pokemon...But with a GS Ball! Of course, I may be wrong.
    Last edited by UltimateShadic; 9th October 2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Blood for the Blood God.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast