Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo to Halo 3 - Really that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrill View Post
    Halo is overrated. What has it added to the world of FPSs?
    Nothing, but the story is darn nice. Basically, I see Halo as a game of character and story, with flashy graphics.

[edit] Also, much love to Sergeant Johnson.
    Generic comment.

Guys, Halo's story is just a mish-mash of various B sci-fi books, Aliens, and wrapped up in the lamest, anti-epic way ever.
    Nurse Joy: We hope to see you again! (Translation: We hope you get the crap beaten out of you so that you require medical treatment again!) Not so nice in a different light, is it?

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Halo: Great game, loved it.
    Halo 2: Played it a little, lost intrest easily.
    Halo 3: Have not played yet.

Story-wise it's basically the same thing over and over.

Well, ive never played halo. i heard of the 2nd one, but that was when i was a aganst violence. now if i get the chance to hit someone i take it but, i guess it i. the graphics are awesome. and shooting games are fun.

grass pokemon rule

It's gotta be doing something right if it's the best selling game on the planet Earth

I don't really care, ask that random guy in your English class and he's more likely to be playing Halo than Half life or Bioshock for example. Halo has more appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Latios View Post
    Why Halo DS? Why not Halo for the Wii? If Bungie can pull it off, they could make a good FPS game that takes advantage of the Wii's controls.
    Because Microsoft keep the rights to console versions of Halo games, Thats why

One thing Halo needs is Bots for multiplayer, But i think the Single player has enough of them in there.

Yeah i would buy or rent Halo if they had Multiplayer bots. Just you Vs Bots in Capture The Flag, Death matches, etc.

I'm good at Halo, and I'm good at CoD4. Just because some people play Halo exclusively doesn't mean others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Latios View Post
    Handhelds are technocally considered a console.
    I know, Well let me say
    "Microsoft keep the rights to Halo on home consoles"
    Is that better?
    Also microsoft don't intend on making a handheld so a Halo game could easily go to the DS or PSP

A lot of people who have complaints about Halo concentrate their criticisms towards the fact that it's not revolutionary and that it's another shooter with the same iterative gameplay as other FPS predecessors.

Well, the thing is that, believe it or not, Halo is pretty different in the mass market FPS space. Watershed shooters like Quake, Unreal, and Half-Life tend to have a weapon hierarchy, fast moving players, and cumulative health and armor. At the flipside, you have slow, tactical shooters like Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon which tend to have limited weapons, weapon equality, slow movement speeds, and little to none health and armor.

What Halo does different is that it has a blended mish mash of tactical shooter and sci-fi shooter gameplay styles applied on its rules that creates a more accessible FPS, but still is capable of having a lot of depth. Rechargeable health is something Halo pioneered which doesn't force players to hunt for health and armor especially post-Halo CE and prevents people from whoring the 100+ armor bonus. The weapon balance allows players to survive longer on maps they're unfamiliar with. The two weapon limit prevents players with momentum from gaining too much momentum in the heat of a match. Slow movement speeds allows players to exploit opponents who aren't near cover. Instant grenade throwing probably has been the most intuitive method of handling thrown weapons ever in an FPS.

I think Halo's popularity owes a lot to the accessibility of the game (appealing to your fraternity brothers) combined with it having rather different rules from its competitors (appealing to FPS fans looking for interesting gameplay). Dare I say it, I think Halo had probably the most thought out gameplay design in the FPS space when it came out on the X-Box.

Real gamers don't think Halo is revolutionary.

Little kids do.

END!

Hey I'm only 12 and hate Halo. One of my friend has orgasms over it. >:/

Well the only thing that's really different I found in Halo was regenerative health, which I found meh at most. And as far as multiplayer matches go, it contains pretty much everything else every FPS game before it had.
    You missed the point by a longshot. The point isn't that Halo did everything first and preempted all other games after it. The point is that Halo took many innovative concepts from various different gameplay-styles and combined them all into one cohesive package in a sci-fi setting resulting in a game that played and felt differently because of it. Most FPSs back then would simply introduce a novel idea but everything else in the game would follow the gameplay mechanics expected of its setting/environment/art direction.

And please, cut the condescension. I've been playing first person shooters since Wolfenstein 3D to Bioshock. Just because I think Halo deserves its merits shouldn't automatically make you assume that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    You missed the point by a longshot. The point isn't that Halo did everything first and preempted all other games after it. The point is that Halo took many innovative concepts from various different gameplay-styles and combined them all into one cohesive package in a sci-fi setting resulting in a game that played and felt differently because of it. Most FPSs back then would simply introduce a novel idea but everything else in the game would follow the gameplay mechanics expected of its setting/environment/art direction.
    And Gears bettered it.

Ok. Halo is overrated. If you don't know that by now, you must be either very stupid or very biased.

But I guess it clicked. It was simple, fun, effective. But by an FPS's standards, it's lacking basics ranging from avoiding attacks (omg jump around/crouch and hope the attacker is a retard and forgets) to realistic blood and gore effects (Gears of War nailed that on the head). But without Halo, there would be no Xbox 360, since the Xbox would've failed.

And, yes, I currently am playing Halo 3 (Online of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Ekedo View Post
    fantasies? being in an empty forest with no one but my pokemon, who had just watched a dirty pokemon movie, and were so horney they'd do anything o_o even me.... ^_^' sorry for that XD ahah... by the way... i fon't care the gender of the pokemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledian_X View Post
    Tricky [Serebii]...always IMing me and promising weird things. Then signing off. He's kinda secretive.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick The Vaporeon View Post
    Hey I'm only 12 and hate Halo. One of my friend has orgasms over it. >:/
    Your friend has never felt the love of a woman

Either way Halo isn't Revolutionary but that doesn't stop it from selling like hotcakes, Halo is a good series. I love the co-op and the Multiplayer the most. Thats where the series shines

Real gamers don't think Halo is revolutionary.

Little kids do.

END!
    1. I'm 18 and I love Halo
    2. You can't call yourself a real gamer if all you have is probably a Wii and DS
    3. You're 12, what do you consider a little kid?

Yeah, I agree halo is nothing new. But the background behind it and the integration of the features I enjoy make it better than the other FPS's. Again, I buy most all games that come out for the 360, so I don't have a total bias towards Halo... Orange box is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFan View Post
    Your friend has never felt the love of a woman

Either way Halo isn't Revolutionary but that doesn't stop it from selling like hotcakes, Halo is a good series. I love the co-op and the Multiplayer the most. Thats where the series shines
    Yeah, if you met him you would be able to tell. >_>

Multiplayer basically sold this game but still sucks online with all those nerds...

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    2. You can't call yourself a real gamer if all you have is probably a Wii and DS

Yeah, I agree halo is nothing new. But the background behind it and the integration of the features I enjoy make it better than the other FPS's. Again, I buy most all games that come out for the 360, so I don't have a total bias towards Halo... Orange box is fantastic
    1. Good for you.
    2. Xbox, Xbox 360, DS, PSP, Wii, PS2, GBC. I've also had a DreamCast, GameCube, PSone and GBA. OH LORDY!
    3. Anyone 5 to 12 that is to immature too think for themselves. =/

Thank you. >_>

Really? What have you got?

Multiplayer basically sold this game but still sucks online with all those nerds...
    Well i sort of hope he hasn't felt the love of a woman, since he is probably 12

Same with pokemon, If you got to a Pokemon Event you see a bunch of Nerds, Kids and Cocky Teens + Some cool characters

Just because you think you're different a majority of 5-15 are N00BS that can't tell the difference from good games and crap ones, this breed is also blinded by flashy graphics

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFan View Post
    Well i sort of hope he hasn't felt the love of a woman, since he is probably 12

Same with pokemon, If you got to a Pokemon Event you see a bunch of Nerds, Kids and Cocky Teens + Some cool characters

Just because you think you're different a majority of 5-15 are N00BS that can't tell the difference from good games and crap ones, this breed is also blinded by flashy graphics
    He's 11 but we all know about that stuff sooo...

LOL. I remember the connection tour this year. Ugh there was this nerd. Like super nerd. He even knew how to wake up a Sleeping Snorlax in the TCG...

I am different. Don't worry I've learn't that nt everything is about gameplay and graphics don't matter as much.

1. Good for you.
    2. Xbox, Xbox 360, DS, PSP, Wii, PS2, GBC. I've also had a DreamCast, GameCube, PSone and GBA. OH LORDY!

Thank you. >_>

Really? What have you got?
    Xbox/360/Wii/GC/PS2/PS3/DS/PSP/N64/NES/PSone/GBA

Love it how people can't come up with new reasons to hate the game

This basically is the true review for Halo 3.

Be warned, as it contains some mild language and the guy speaks a bit fast.
    Last edited by Cipher Admin Xaos; 20th October 2007 at 6:38 PM. Reason: Screwed up the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Ekedo View Post
    fantasies? being in an empty forest with no one but my pokemon, who had just watched a dirty pokemon movie, and were so horney they'd do anything o_o even me.... ^_^' sorry for that XD ahah... by the way... i fon't care the gender of the pokemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledian_X View Post
    Tricky [Serebii]...always IMing me and promising weird things. Then signing off. He's kinda secretive.

Halo 3 was the best of the three. The Unggoys, Lekgolos, and the Sangheilis are awesome. Brutes and Jackals suck! Halopedia link: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    Go here for all info!
    My Friends List:
    Beco, Zaqq , Jackson, and Yuxie, and shinylucario777 (Xbox Live)

Pearl FC: 3051 4139 9914
    Name: Branden

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher Admin Xaos View Post
    But I guess it clicked. It was simple, fun, effective. But by an FPS's standards, it's lacking basics ranging from avoiding attacks (omg jump around/crouch and hope the attacker is a retard and forgets) to realistic blood and gore effects (Gears of War nailed that on the head). But without Halo, there would be no Xbox 360, since the Xbox would've failed.
    Tactical shooters have the avoiding, much more so than most FPS's
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    2. >_> You can't call yourself a gamer if you don't play games. You seem to be caught up in Cooking Mama on DS, how about some Mana, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Castlevania, or Mario in the meantime?

EDIT: Also...for the Wii thing...Metroid Prime 3, Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Ghost Squad, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, NiGHTS, Samba de Amigo, Guitar Hero III, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, No More Heroes, Fatal Frame, Harvey Birdman, Fire Emblem, Rygar: Battle of Argus, Zach and Wiki, Battalion Wars 2, Brothers in Arms: Double Time, Civilization: Revolution, Disaster, Dragon Quest Swords, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Manhunt 2, Project H.A.M.M.E.R.(it's been delayed, not canceled), Samurai Warriors Katana, Soulcalibur Legends, Trauma Center: New Blood.
    Last edited by fhqwhgads; 21st October 2007 at 2:21 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast