Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dawn's Early Night! (517)

Hybrid View

Default Dawn's Early Night! (517)

Pokémon Contest! Hearthome Convention!

Its time to Dawn's next contest. However, as she enters in the contest, she sees that her old friends Nando & Zoey are also entering the contest. With the three co-ordinators eager to win, this is going to prove to be one of Dawn's toughest contests. Will she win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Toghether was updated with Paul's whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Toghether was updated with Paul's whole team.

Ash's team sure looks underpowered compared to Paul's.

Finally, one of the protagonists didn't make it past the appeal round. And I guess Jessie's appeal including some self-harm will be a running gag in this saga.

I'm surprised that Kinoshita was the art director of this episode, since it looks almost like the art of the OK artists.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

Haven't watched all of it yet, but at the beginning there were two parts I loved:

Everyone running into the Gym Door (including Mukkubird!) and then seeing Korotok stare at them, looking down upon the lower scum of Earth.

Jessie, Seviper, and Dustox running around all excited until she announced she wasn't even using them, resulting in a HABRRRRRRRRRRRT!?

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Everyone running into the Gym Door (including Mukkubird!) and then seeing Korotok stare at them, looking down upon the lower scum of Earth.
    ^ The greatest thing I've seen in a long time ^___^

I'm kinda glad Dawn didn't get past the appeal round... after seeing May do quite well throughout her tenure, it's nice to see some failure every now & then ^^

Don't be so shocked guys, jeez...
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Ah, after the lame episode from last week, finally 2 very nice episodes.

I really liked Hikari´s character in the contest one. So over confident, so unsure about herself deep inside, a little *****y after she disappointed herself. It reminded me of the first pachirisu episode. Why can´t Hikari be like this more often?
    Her appeal was very nice and she didn´t make a real mistake. The level was just too high for her I guess.

Oh, and is it just me or did Kinoshita improve pretty nice. I mean..the episode was really watchable animation wise. Nothing outstanding , but good enough to enjoy the episode.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I can't believe Dawn didn't even pass the first round, she really took it hard big time (and Jessie's taunting made it worse).

Speaking of Jessie, why does she keeping wearing that geeky getup in every contest. You'd think for someone who's trying to be a top coordinator would wear something more glamorous.

Wow... that was totally blindsighting. We've never seen such an outcome ever! So, did Nando win- I couldn't really tell from the pics. I guess Paul's team is confirmed for now to be staying a while then?

Speaking of Jessie, why does she keeping wearing that geeky getup in every contest. You'd think for someone who's trying to be a top coordinator would wear something more glamorous.
    Well, in Hoenn pretty much every Contest she'd lose, cheat, and get revealed to be Team Rocket thus needing a new costume.

However, in Sinnoh, Jessie has never been revealed to be Jessalina, nor has Jessalina ever cheated...so, keeping one persona is probably a good thing.

Anyway, I'm guessing Dawn lost because Piplup and Pachirisu didn't seem to be in-synch, which was especially noticeable compared to how Nando and Jessie's appeals went. They had a nice appeal, but maybe it was too rough?

Oh, and Nando won I'm pretty sure. The way he beat Jessie was awesome, by the way, like somekinda Anime bishounen or something. He's totally one damn good Troubadour.

Is the site not updateing for me or something? As where are the episode pictures? Normally they are out by now?
    For me it says the last update was on Thursday! Not even the "coming up in Japan" has changed?

If Dawn lost this is going to be one LONG series! I meran we got a 3 poart tag battle coming up and still no 3rd gym! Remember in Kanto, AsH would have been on the 4th gym by now. and if Dawn has lost then we will have to have another contest episode!

Quote Originally Posted by -Starly- View Post

Ash's team sure looks underpowered compared to Paul's.
    Lol Ash's team dose look underpowered! Mukubird looks like the strongest one!
    While Puals team can only just fit on the screen. I hope paul removes weavile for something better but keeps Usuring as that bear just fits him and i want to see Ash battle it (with his Snorlax)!

EDIT: Ah now the ep pics are up! Must have been uploading while I was typing! Both episodes looked intresting. However the tag battle episode seemed better! Looks like we are almost near the next gym episode aswell! with both Paul and Nando also in the area!
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 6th October 2007 at 4:15 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Remember in Kanto, AsH would have been on the 4th gym by now.
    No, back in kanto by episode 50 they had 6 badges

i liked the cubone/marowack juggling act and dawns whirlpool/spark(might be thundershock or thundrbolt) combo

Poor Dawn losing in an appeal match, it looked kinda cool but I guess the contest was really high level for her. As for Nando, he was awesome, especially in the appeals round and it was great to see him take victory. Liked how he has a Kricketune now too!

Btw, the opening pic with Paul's team looks pretty cool as well.

I can't believe Dawn didn't make it past the appeal stage!!!!
    When is she gonna win her second ribbon?!
    At this rate she'll never get to the Grand Festival.
    I guess the writers are planning to make this a very lenghty series.

(Did she shout at her Pokémon when she found out?! Evil Dawn...)
    When is Buizel gonna battle! *Blubbering like a baby* I wanna see that cutie fight!!!
    Boy... I talk a lot of rubbish.. Heh heh... Sorry...
    Last edited by Treecko Girl; 6th October 2007 at 6:06 PM. Reason: Spelling error. (I can't stant those when I spot them!)
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

at this rate Dawn will never get a ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    at this rate Dawn will never get a ribbon
    FYI, Dawn DID win a ribbon at the Floaroma Contest. So you can't really say that she hasn't won at least one ribbon.

What's this!? S.Suikun is about to review an episode in a serious fashion? What type of madness/sorcery is this?

Let me get one thing out of the way real quick - I have never truly liked Zoey as a character. She comes off as too much of a "friendly" rival to Dawn, and her distaste of doing both gyms and contests always came off as unreasonable to me, hence why I was hoping Fantina would show up to b****-slap her. That said, if Nando is to continue being a recurring rival, he may be the best thing to ever happen to Zoey. *cue shipping* A continued tension between the two could spark some very interesting development over the remainder of the contest arc for both characters, and may actually make me view Zoey as more than one-dimensional.

On to the actual episode, having a main character lose the appeal rounds is a surprising twist, although I guess it was a necessity if this thing wasn't going to become insanely rushed. (My prediction is that there will be another contest in Solaceon Town) Anyways, we got to see Muku.DOORBELL, the debut of Le Mustache, and the practically-forgotten Mime Jr. Though I'm disappointed that they did absolutely nothing with the training done in "Dawn, Zoey, and a Double Performance", throwing that entire episode into forgotten obscurity. Kinoshita is...still Kinoshita, people. Marginal improvement does little wonders when visual mediocrity is still abound. Unless, of course, you like your Marian and Zoey extra-anorexic.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    nothing with the training done in "Dawn, Zoey, and a Double Performance", throwing that entire episode into forgotten obscurity.
    Hey, at least Hikari asked Nozomi about her leg. It was clearly an episode about Nozomi´s feet, not about training.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Kinoshita is...still Kinoshita, people. Marginal improvement does little wonders when visual mediocrity is still abound. Unless, of course, you like your Marian and Zoey extra-anorexic.
    Mh, the characters used to be a lot more off in older Kinoshita episodes. The animation are still..well..there are almost none ( see Naoshi´s appeal), but she hides it little better. And, hey...who doesn´t love anorexic people?
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

That took me by surprise that see lost, but its kind off a good thing because in every contest battle the main character is always advancing past the first round.

Wonder how that Cubone and Marowak get all those bones? There must be a Marowak graveyard nearby.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Though I'm disappointed that they did absolutely nothing with the training done in "Dawn, Zoey, and a Double Performance", throwing that entire episode into forgotten obscurity
    Didn't Pachirisu and Piplup use the same Double Appeal they were practicing in that episode?

And I'm sure we'll see the Icicle Spear...someday!

man, this ep was a good one. I thought it was fairly realistic that dawn didn't do so well this time, though I don't see how she lost to jessies sorry excuse for an appeal. ): them judges are crazy.

wow I also didnt know people couldnt like zoey o.o; I was very happy that she's such a supportive rival! who needs another arrogant rival that teases the main character? not me that's for sure XD too many of those, zoey is pretty different in that sense. she'll probably end up getting over that annoyance with doing both contests and battles soon too, probably that was put in for later character developement. I really like how she comforted dawn at the end too, might be my dawn/zoey shipper-ness coming through, but I thought that was nice for a rival to do.

but anyway, Nando being in the ep pretty much made my whole week XD Even a hardcore new harp for the contest! I also couldnt tell who won..but I guess it doesn't matter. I think this ep will be good for Dawn's overall character developement. good ep, yup.

I really enjoyed this one. The unexpected twist where Dawn doesn`t make it to the final round, and the hilarious part where Nando says that the gym leader isn`t here and Ash just goes, "What?" And crashes. I liked this very much.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/2v8sqap.gif[/IMG]

although it was a twist for dawn not making it past the appeal round it kinda felt forced, and a bit of a stretch.

jessie got in how? jessie's appeal was better than dawn's... whatever you say writers...

nando's appeal was next to godly though, probably the most original performence Iv'e seen in quite a while.

I'm kinda mad that a random anime filler guy did better than nando's performance. NOTHING CAN TOP THAT NOTHING!!!

and... was there always a mew on that harp, or was that a new addition.. ugh I can't recall.

From the comments I've seen and the pics, this appears to be a really good ep, Dawn doesn't even make it past the appeals rounds and from the pics I've seen, she takes it pretty hard, personally I think if this were to happen it should've happened in AG with May, she's more emotional than Dawn. Also someone needs to upload this epi on YT, but then again if they do most likely they'll get suspended and we don't want that, I don't feel like downloading it...through a torrent anyway and since we aren't allowed to ask for downloads I'm not going to, although I do wanna see this ep and I'm not waiting until Summer 2008 to see it.

Thanks to Pikablu the Pokemaster for this awesome userbar.

Are you a Kirby fan? click the banner to join the Kirby Klub!

Call me Kawaii Poyo (I actually prefer simply Poyo). I need to get this username changed...NAO!

The Kirby Klub is now dead... I was inactive and managing it was just too time consuming. Still keeping this in my sig for old times sake though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast