Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dawn's Early Night! (517)

I think a loss in this round was needed, so people will realize the appeal round is not so easy. I personaly think Dawn did good in the appeal. Jessie's appeal wasn't better than hers.

Yes thats totally correct. The appeal round is not at all easy. But it was a shock for Dawn

Nobody must have didn't tell Dawn that it was about showing the Pokemon's attacks and beauty other than just the attacks. If she was told, then maybe she would have done differently. But even if her appeal was good, it wasn't the right kind. This makes it better than when they showed the Contests in Hoenn. They made the appeal rounds too easy and then when they got to the battling, it was mostly luck. Half of them didn't seem like they knew how to battle.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 30th December 2010 at 3:41 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was good. It was interesting to see Dawn lose in the Appeal Round, the 1st time a character hasn't made it passed the Appeal Round. It was funny when they walked up to the Gym door, and instead of it opening, they ran right into it. It was disappointing to find out that the Gym Leader wasn't there. Dawn didn't do badly in the Appeal Round, but the other Coordinators did a much better job. Pachirisu and Piplup just didn't look like they were in sync, and that was probably what cost her. It was cool to see a Kricketune for the time.

50/100

It's interesting to see Dawn lose but I can understand why. It's supposed to be about making the Pokemon look good along with the appeal, not just the attack itself. And even if she didn't get to the appeal round, they could have still made Jessie win a ribbon.

My ideal battle ever!

Now this was a brilliant episode, I'm glad that they finally had a main character other than Jessie lose in the appeals round so that it doesn't seem so easy, in Hoenn, every main character that entered seemed to pass the round with ease, even when they never entered a contest, including Ash, May, and Brock, this is why I love DP contests over Hoenn, because they didn't seem so easy, I know you could say that Dawn got through the appeal round in her first contest too, but for Dawn, it seems a bit more realistic than the other 3 because she has a coordinating background, her mother was a coordinator, and Dawn always took an interest in it. It also added a nice element to Dawn's story, something we haven't actually explored in Pokemon yet.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345