Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dawn's Early Night! (517)

I take that by the opening getting updated with Shinji's team, Together is NEVER going to get changed --;

and how much do people wanna bet that the the big word "Bar" is going to get edited by PUSA?

Btw, The for sure destruction of this episode's soundtrack is probably whats going to make me snap against them x_x;
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 8th October 2007 at 5:43 AM.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I take that by the opening getting updated with Shinji's team, Together is NEVER going to get changed --;

and how much do people wanna bet that the the big word "Bar" is going to get edited by PUSA?

Btw, The for sure destruction of this episode's soundtrack is probably whats going to make me snap against them x_x;
    They edited the boss scene for the Burmy episode, so that'll probably happen.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Hikari isn't talented coordinator. She would love to be like her mother but not all kids inherit talents of their parents. Nozomi is good with her job but Hikari must learn a lot or give up with her success. She is good trainer and her pokemon also aren't bad but she doesn't have idea how to run a contest show. The last appearance was boring and not original. Pocchama used Bubblebeam, Pachirisu - Sweet Kiss, the red hearts jumped in the bubbles and that was everything what Hikari could figure out. Nozomi's pokemon made a rainbow, even Musashi was better (weird but original). I don't dislike Hikari but doing a good show is little too hard for her. She is still young but I would be happy if she found another goal. It would be a first time when pokemon trainer can't make its dreams real.

Well that's just it, it seems that the contests are being paced a little better this time than in Hoenn/BF. Sure Dawn got her first ribbon much sooner than May did, but May didn't lose much overall. Dawn's win/loss record will probably turn out to be a bit more realistic. Also, these losses give us a chance to see some character development for her.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Well that's just it, it seems that the contests are being paced a little better this time than in Hoenn/BF. Sure Dawn got her first ribbon much sooner than May did, but May didn't lose much overall. Dawn's win/loss record will probably turn out to be a bit more realistic. Also, these losses give us a chance to see some character development for her.
    Because we know the writers won't give much development for SOME other characters.

At least Dawn got over it.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mesprit~ View Post
    Hikari isn't talented coordinator. She would love to be like her mother but not all kids inherit talents of their parents. Nozomi is good with her job but Hikari must learn a lot or give up with her success. She is good trainer and her pokemon also aren't bad but she doesn't have idea how to run a contest show. The last appearance was boring and not original. Pocchama used Bubblebeam, Pachirisu - Sweet Kiss, the red hearts jumped in the bubbles and that was everything what Hikari could figure out. Nozomi's pokemon made a rainbow, even Musashi was better (weird but original). I don't dislike Hikari but doing a good show is little too hard for her. She is still young but I would be happy if she found another goal. It would be a first time when pokemon trainer can't make its dreams real.
    There's no problem considering she's starting. I love that she lost because it's more real. I never liked May winning over and over after her first ribbon. She lost one but then she kept winning.

May only had two Contest losses in Hoenn (her first one and the one against the mother coordinator with Lairon), as well as the Grand Festival, and so far Dawn has lost twice as well.

You can't really count the practice Contest as a real loss, so technically Dawn has only lost two Contests so far.

I think a reason why Dawn will have more losses overall if because D/P is going to be a LONG saga and in order to balance out Dawn's ribbons with Ash's badges, she'll have to lose more or she'll get her ribbons too quickly. Since the Grand Festival won't be placed in the middle of her saga, the writers have to do this to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    There's no problem considering she's starting. I love that she lost because it's more real. I never liked May winning over and over after her first ribbon. She lost one but then she kept winning.
    May had a real win streak, most of her final matches weren't THAT great.

However, Dawn gets the more experienced rivals this time.

Hikari is starting but her mother is coordinator so she should have been leant something about contests from her mother. It's clear that parents teach children about something what they wanna do. Hikari is acting like someone who doesn't have any idea how to do good show. Like I said earlier, I don't dislike her only I see that she is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mesprit~ View Post
    Hikari is starting but her mother is coordinator so she should have been leant something about contests from her mother. It's clear that parents teach children about something what they wanna do. Hikari is acting like someone who doesn't have any idea how to do good show. Like I said earlier, I don't dislike her only I see that she is weak.
    She'll get better once some of her pokémon evolve.

ROFL! I lurved the Smoochum riding the steelix and blowing kisses! XD Musashi's preformance was kind of lame... It was full of WIN though cause it had mime jr. in it. I feel gipped that they decided not to show Nozomi beating Nando though... >_>;
    ~Love--Dance~

Awww! Poor Dawn she lost!
    This is the saddest epsiode so far, I felt so sad! I just LOVE dawn! (Isn't it obvious?)

This episode was good. It was cool to see a Kricketune. There were some double performances that I found to be random; like Smoochum and Steelix. It was awesome to see a Secret Power as well as X-Scissor. It was too bad Dawn didn’t make it.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Have to say the dub of this episode was great. PUSA did a great job mixing their music in with the Japanese music, I didn't bother me one bit. (shocked? I know.)

But uh, Remember how in an earlier post I predicted that the random "BAR" sign would be painted over in the dub? It wasn't. So hooray for that

My least favorite thing about this episode, Zoey. I cannot stand that girl.

Btw, does anyone else get the feeling that Dawn's mother has absolutely no love for her daughter? It seems that way to me. >_>

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

what's wrong with zoey? By the end of the episode she realy was supportive of dawn, and she even saw her own flaws and complimented nando on doing both contests and battles! Did she do something wrong? O_o; *scratches head*

but yes, good episode *_* nando is just as cool is always, I almost like him in the dub more because of the spanish accent, lol. Atleast now I could see what they were saying! I love the contest rivals in this season so much more than the jerky ones from last season >>;

Quote Originally Posted by Momogirl View Post
    what's wrong with zoey? By the end of the episode she realy was supportive of dawn, and she even saw her own flaws and complimented nando on doing both contests and battles! Did she do something wrong? O_o; *scratches head*
    Oh, no, It's just Zoey in general. I hate her and her attitude.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I havent seen it =(
    ~I own a Movie Darkrai and damn it i am proud to say it!!

I really liked this episode. I agree with Dax. Her losing makes it seem more realistic. It was her FIRST double performance and she lost. She's a newbie trainer starting at 10... What do you expect?
    Honestly, do you expect her to be able to compete so well with Nando and Zoey who have had more experience than her? Sure you may say, "well, look at how great May did!" I never found May's whole contest thing very realistic. Plus, some of her appeals SERIOUSLY sucked. Besides, it's good to know that May and Dawn are turning out more different. In the beginning, people complained about them being clones. Well, both of their sagas are turning out to be unexpectedly diverse.
    With Dawn, she may not win a lot like May, but they're showing a steady process of her becoming stronger which will add to her character development.

As for the episode overall, I liked seeing the combinations a lot. Especially Nando's.
    Last edited by RxZ; 26th January 2008 at 5:56 PM. Reason: forgot something!
    Oh, how I love rainbows, icons, and dresses.

Ah yes, this episode was okay, they did rush the ending a bit.

I liked dawn's appeal and it's that which makes me think she only lost because of Jessie, now if one of those random 8 fillers weren't in Jessie and Dawn both would've made it.

And like Jessie said "Yours was good but mine was better" I suppose fireworks are far better than what Dawn did.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I really enjoyed this one. The unexpected twist where Dawn doesn`t make it to the final round, and the hilarious part where Nando says that the gym leader isn`t here and Ash just goes, "What?" And crashes. I liked this very much.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/2v8sqap.gif[/IMG]

Oh, no, It's just Zoey in general. I hate her and her attitude.
    You aren't alone. Her bluntness did pull off the Aipom/Buizel trade though...

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I don't like her either. I saw the episode this morning and the combination of her an Nando is horrible. Two boring human beings get together to let us experience how crappy they are.

At least we had Kricketune.

I don't like her either. I saw the episode this morning and the combination of her an Nando is horrible. Two boring human beings get together to let us experience how crappy they are.
    At least Nando sings. =/
    Zoey does nothing important but complain and try to motivate Dawn in her lesbionic way, lol.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Am I the only one who's not sure why Zoey gets all the hate? I happen to like her. And people's main problem with her, her unexplained grudge against anyone who does both gyms and contests, clearly became much less of an issue at the end of this episode as she gained respect for Nando.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

zoey is awsome at contests,..why do ppl hate her....i hate nando but thats because he wears a cape and carries a harp 0.0

anyway..contests aren't dawns thing yet.....she still need practice.

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast