Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dawn's Early Night! (517)

Oh wow, this episode makes me respect the dub version more now. Seriously.

Most of the music are intact, which is big since I would have thought they removed most of the music and add in their weak ones like how they did in the other contests. They still have the Battle version and Ballad version of Dawn's theme so that's fantastic. Then you have the addition of their music, which ties in very well I must say. The translation is superb, being exact in almost all of the scenes, and the emotion is still there. Definitely a great episode no matter which version.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Am I the only one who's not sure why Zoey gets all the hate? I happen to like her. And people's main problem with her, her unexplained grudge against anyone who does both gyms and contests, clearly became much less of an issue at the end of this episode as she gained respect for Nando.
    Because apparently people are arrogant since the only reasons they mostly give are either that "she is a pushover" or "she is boring", both which are lame reasons. I'm not seeing it either.
    Last edited by lightdash; 27th January 2008 at 8:28 AM.

Damn this episode was actually worthwhile to watch? When is it going to air next?

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Quote Originally Posted by TogeticTheRuler View Post
    Damn this episode was actually worthwhile to watch? When is it going to air next?
    As I recall, it's going to be reaired along with the tag battle episodes which is going to be next week.

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post
    Because apparently people are arrogant since the only reasons they mostly give are either that "she is a pushover" or "she is boring", both which are lame reasons. I'm not seeing it either.
    How is finding a character boring a 'lame' reason to dislike them?

Maybe he meant that only saying "she's boring" without elaborating is a lame reason to dislike her.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Every single piece of music was left intact.
    THATS RIGHT, PUSA DIDN'T REPLACE ANY BGMS AT ALL!

We all hate the PUSA music, it just sounds horrible.

*cheers*

Am I the only one who's not sure why Zoey gets all the hate? I happen to like her. And people's main problem with her, her unexplained grudge against anyone who does both gyms and contests, clearly became much less of an issue at the end of this episode as she gained respect for Nando.
    Probably because all she does is mostly the same thing every time we see her. She either acts like a mentor to Dawn or complains about the Gym/Contest thing. I also think people would like her more if the writers didn't show her so much...she's already appeared more in the first 60 eps of D/P than other rivals did in the entire region run.

I really enjoyed this episode probably one of my faves of the D/P so far. I laughed when Ash fell into the gym door when he found out the gym leader was away and I also laughed when Zoey and Nando were glaring at each other and Dawn was caught in the middle. I also liked the appeals and the double battles. I felt sorry for Piplup though when Dawn shouted at it, I also liked the bit at the end when Zoey conceded that Nando could be a good cordinator after all

Is it just me, or did Dawn's loss not make much sense? The judges praised her so much. Did that happen in the original version as well, or is this a dub thing?

Personally, I'd've put her through to the next round with the appeal she made here over the appeal she made in Floroma (sp?). She could barely control Pachirisu.

Zoey's appeal seemed kind of awkward. I don't know, but I didn't like it much. She's an OK character, but like Paul, I think they're showing Zoey quite a bit.

Nando's appeal was incredible!

Despite Dawn's loss, I think this is one of my favorites.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Maybe he meant that only saying "she's boring" without elaborating is a lame reason to dislike her.
    Yes, exactly what I meant. Matter of fact, in general, disliking any character without elaborate reasons is just as lame as well.

Is it just me, or did Dawn's loss not make much sense? The judges praised her so much. Did that happen in the original version as well, or is this a dub thing?
    It happened in the original version also. Yeah, it doesn't really make sense...

You people make me laugh. Seriously. xD;; If you all don't like Zoey because you all think she's such a boring/lame/omgshe'salesbian character, then so be it... I like laughing at what you guys say about her anyways... XD

Anyways, episode wise, I finally saw it... >> The dub, so all I have to say is, I was really surprised at the way Zoey is at Nando by the end the episode... But I nearly laughed off my seat when I heard her say " O RLY?" and I think they didn't show off Zoey and Nando's battle due to the fact that they were running out of time... or maybe they just don't want us to see Zoey lose badly.

And remembering correctly, Zoey already lost to 3 contests... and if you include the one with Nando, that makes it 4. >> If anyone listens to watch she says... carefully. The first two was where when she first meets Dawn, and the other one is where she meets the gang again and to catch Buizel.

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

Though I knew the out come of this eppy for a while now it was still nice to be able to finally see it.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Probably because all she does is mostly the same thing every time we see her. She either acts like a mentor to Dawn or complains about the Gym/Contest thing.
    She has complained about that only two times so far. And apparently now admitted she was at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Every single piece of music was left intact.
    THATS RIGHT, PUSA DIDN'T REPLACE ANY BGMS AT ALL!

We all hate the PUSA music, it just sounds horrible.

*cheers*
    You're serious? It was all left intact?
    So they just used their music to fill in silence?
    Dear god, maybe this'll keep up o_o

(we can all agree that this was one of the best dubbed episodes right?)

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post

(we can all agree that this was one of the best dubbed episodes right?)
    Definitely. Let's hope future episodes will be just as great as this one was.

Oh, and a side-note, but why has the topic title not been changed yet? o_O

Rewatched this ep again, yeah, Dawn's appeal loss here did seem kind of off. That kind of appeal just looked perfect and the judges complimented it, I can only imagine how the Japanese felt when they were watching this ep for the first time (since they aren't spoiled like us)...it must have been quite a shocker.

The wierd thing is I felt this was better than her first two appeals in the other contests and she passed there...

NOO I MISSED THIS EPISODE!

I thought it would be HORRIBLE like the passed dubs since I haven't been watching them for a while.

Did Dawn's theme play?>.> If so, thats an automatic win right there.

If they leave the music intact and fix the voices so they don't sound annoying, it may be just as good as the japanese version

Yay for Marluxia

Quote Originally Posted by TogeticTheRuler View Post
    NOO I MISSED THIS EPISODE!

I thought it would be HORRIBLE like the passed dubs since I haven't been watching them for a while.

Did Dawn's theme play?>.> If so, thats an automatic win right there.

If they leave the music intact and fix the voices so they don't sound annoying, it may be just as good as the japanese version
    Yep, automatic win. As a bonus, both of Dawn's theme are intact.

I should just watch this episode again over and over again until I figure out why Dawn lost...>>

very good episode... but was jessies tickle thing really that good... i mean it was ok but cmon. 2 pkmn tickle her while shes spinning around ending in some fireworks dawns was good, but she didnt create a sense of "unity" like zoey did, but whatever

There is a simple reason why Jessie made it through.
    All of the judges are sadists and get their jollies out of the physical torture of others, Therefore when Jessie was putting herself through the torture of the tickle attack, the Judges couldn't help but send her through.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I cant believe she lost.I mean Jessies boring performence was boring.I was like:What in the universe.I thought she made it last and lost the second performence stage.Well.There goes 1 contest charcter that lost the first round.And she took it hard.I mean that end part that scream was so unnesisary

I would be angry to especially after all the hard work and not making it to the last round i would've screamed to...
    ~I own a Movie Darkrai and damn it i am proud to say it!!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon735 View Post
    I cant believe she lost.I mean Jessies boring performence was boring.I was like:What in the universe.I thought she made it last and lost the second performence stage.Well.There goes 1 contest charcter that lost the first round.And she took it hard.I mean that end part that scream was so unnesisary
    Her performance may have been boring to some, But it really makes you think how well she's gotten since her first contest back in (Rustboro was it?)

Spoiler:- Big Spoilers. Don't click unless you wish to know.:

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Hehe, remember when Jessie told Seviper to use Sacred Fire, but it didn't know how to use it so she did nothing lol.

Yay for Marluxia

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Rewatched this ep again, yeah, Dawn's appeal loss here did seem kind of off. That kind of appeal just looked perfect and the judges complimented it, I can only imagine how the Japanese felt when they were watching this ep for the first time (since they aren't spoiled like us)...it must have been quite a shocker.

The wierd thing is I felt this was better than her first two appeals in the other contests and she passed there...
    Which is why I think she barely lost, i think it was a tie between Jessie and Dawn but Jessie just impressed the judges more.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast