Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tag! We're It! (518)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    How can you mistake that for Rapid Spin? The "Gyro Ball" command was easily audible.
    Ah, "Gyro Ball", eh? Mh, I watched the episode at 5am, stayed up just for watching so I was a bit tired ^^" I didn´t even know that Koffin can learn that move.

Anyway,I really like the animation director for this one.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I thought it was Koffing's way of utilizing Shadow Punch or something, as the attack was purple-ly.

The MC looks familiar for some reason, but I can't place my finger on who he reminds me of
    I thought the Trick Master.

Koffing trainer: "Gyro Ball!"
    Serebii users: "Hmm, what attack was that?"

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

there's probably going to be some sort of fanshiping with dawn and that evil glasses kid now...

I can never get enough of shinji's irratated facial expressions and gritting teeth, so awesome lol.

this episode was great but i'm kinda getting a maylene lust...in a healthy way...

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    The MC looks familiar for some reason, but I can't place my finger on who he reminds me of.
    It's the Mayor from the Orange Islands' 'We need another Bulbasaur episode!'...umm...episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    there's probably going to be some sort of fanshiping with dawn and that evil glasses kid now...
    Kojiro dude already came up with a name for it, Otakushipping.

I don't know if Brock's up to win this tournament, but I think he's gonna inherit the soothe bell and attach it to happiny and pull off a zubat-to-crobat-like combo giving us a blissey in no-time.

This episode was full of win, not only that, it shot up to my favorite one so far.

I just have to say, I wish that glasses dude wasn't just a random character and that we saw him more often because he completely rocks

And they give us ANOTHER girl that shows some sort of interest in Takeshi? happy day! Not only that Usokki battling and kicking some MAJOR tail with flail?(pardon the rhyme)

Then we come across Satoshi and Shinji...Ah what a pair, I have to say that Satoshi's battle strategy that he used from Nozomi was great thinking, I mean, In what earlier region would he have ever done that?

This gets a perfect 10/10 in my book, I hope the rest of the episodes in this little arc are good as well.

Btw, I feel so bad for Hikozaru ;_;

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Best episode so far I must say. Animation top notch, good battles and the characters were too funny. I really loved the interaction between Ash and Shinji and the techniqe Ash used was so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AshfanGirl20 View Post
    Best episode so far I must say. Animation top notch, good battles and the characters were too funny. I really loved the interaction between Ash and Shinji and the techniqe Ash used was so awesome.
    i did not think the animation was all that but the episode overall was pretty good. Ash and Paul interacted which was cool now onwards to see chimchar getting it's *** wouped by a crazy zangoose lol.

The World God Only knows

What new D/P attacks were used in this episode?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Hammer Arm and Gyro Ball come to mind. We've seen Gyro Ball before though.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

yeah, from what the pics on the main site look, I think that there are going to be one of 2 outcomes

A-the random Zangoose trainer owns Chimchar, and it eventually goes to Ash after Shinji ditches it

B- or the one that seems to happen nearly every other time here, that Chimchar & Pikachu end up winning the match, but it is proably a Tie between Pika and the Metagross, then Chimchar ends up beating Zangoose.

Personally, I pick number 3, which is the same scenario as B, but with A's ending
    Hey, I'm Firewater- Steel Gym Leader of the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League
    Check out the PASBL Rules Site to read up on the League, read the Getting Started Thread to learn how to make a team, and stop by our Time Out thread to chat or ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Hammer Arm and Gyro Ball come to mind. We've seen Gyro Ball before though.
    How was HAMMER ARM portrayed?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This episode was simply fantastic. First off I love this kind of episodes that are full of battles with purposes. Sometimes episodes are just battles that are just not leading to anything in particular.

First off is Dawn’s partner. I don’t know his name but I only know that guy was absolutely amazing. He made me laugh with his thing with the glasses and Dawn’s and Piplup’s reactions were priceless. Plus his Slowking was just absolutely amazing. It had an edge that I love. That thing it did with his finger to defeat Koffing was awesome. I loved Koffing’s reaction too, it was so funny. That guy should be Dawn’s main rival. I like Zoey but we need characters like him in this anime. I hope he’s not just s character for these episodes arcs.

Wingull was actually really cool and Sudowoodo was absolutely amazing. We need to see it more often, his style of battling is amazing and it’s so funny when it runs.

The best thing of the episode was Chimchar. Paul is really crossing the line with its training and looking in the preview he’s even worse. Chimchar looked awesome and I love how he used the fire to power up his move. Still I liked how Pikachu tried to stop Chimchar but the awesome monkey just obeyed his trainer.

I know some people might complain but Ash using Zoey’s strategy to stop that Surf was actually pretty neat. I like that he can take strategies from other sources and accommodate them to his style. First Dawn and now Zoey. Everybody has a different style of battling and everybody has different strategies so there’s nothing stopping him to learn more.

It was definitely one of the best episodes of this season and one of my favorites overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    This episode was simply fantastic. First off I love this kind of episodes that are full of battles with purposes. Sometimes episodes are just battles that are just not leading to anything in particular.

First off is Dawn’s partner. I don’t know his name but I only know that guy was absolutely amazing. He made me laugh with his thing with the glasses and Dawn’s and Piplup’s reactions were priceless. Plus his Slowking was just absolutely amazing. It had an edge that I love. That thing it did with his finger to defeat Koffing was awesome. I loved Koffing’s reaction too, it was so funny. That guy should be Dawn’s main rival. I like Zoey but we need characters like him in this anime. I hope he’s not just s character for these episodes arcs.

Wingull was actually really cool and Sudowoodo was absolutely amazing. We need to see it more often, his style of battling is amazing and it’s so funny when it runs.

The best thing of the episode was Chimchar. Paul is really crossing the line with its training and looking in the preview he’s even worse. Chimchar looked awesome and I love how he used the fire to power up his move. Still I liked how Pikachu tried to stop Chimchar but the awesome monkey just obeyed his trainer.

I know some people might complain but Ash using Zoey’s strategy to stop that Surf was actually pretty neat. I like that he can take strategies from other sources and accommodate them to his style. First Dawn and now Zoey. Everybody has a different style of battling and everybody has different strategies so there’s nothing stopping him to learn more.

It was definitely one of the best episodes of this season and one of my favorites overall.
    How did Ash stop SURF?

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    How did Ash stop SURF?
    He had Pikachu slice through the wave with it's Iron Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    He had Pikachu slice through the wave with it's Iron Tail.
    That's fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Koffing trainer: "Gyro Ball!"
    Serebii users: "Hmm, what attack was that?"
    I figured out pretty easily that it was Gyro Ball(I remembered Koffing can learn the attack, and it seemed to look like it could be Gyro Ball), and I didn't even watch the episode...XD

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    It's the Mayor from the Orange Islands' 'We need another Bulbasaur episode!'...umm...episode.
    Phantom of the Underpass.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon
    That's fascinating.
    Nothing new--May's Eevee blasted through one when it debuted its Shadow Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    I figured out pretty easily that it was Gyro Ball(I remembered Koffing can learn the attack, and it seemed to look like it could be Gyro Ball), and I didn't even watch the episode...XD

Phantom of the Underpass.

Nothing new--May's Eevee blasted through one when it debuted its Shadow Ball.
    No, Eevee used it to break a rock.

Please tell me HAMMER ARM wasn't just some white glow attack.

Even though there was a lot of awesomeness to this episode, the one thing that probably stands out to me is the battle with Rhydon.

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt. And it gets drawn towards Rhyhorn's horn from Lightningrod. And it does nothing.

It's almost like the anime writers were asking to be forgiven since no one will ever let them live down the "aim for the horn" incident. xD

~Chibi~

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Pika View Post
    Even though there was a lot of awesomeness to this episode, the one thing that probably stands out to me is the battle with Rhydon.

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt. And it gets drawn towards Rhyhorn's horn from Lightningrod. And it does nothing.

It's almost like the anime writers were asking to be forgiven since no one will ever let them live down the "aim for the horn" incident. xD

~Chibi~
    Well at least the writers are making things more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Pika View Post

~Chibi~
    Not all Rhyhdons have that ability. And spesical abilities didn't exist at that time.

These tournament episodes is great fillers! Evry main character do something!
    It will be a long time to next time Brock will do anything.
    My shinies: Nincada x2, Wingull x2, Exploud, Crobat, Zubat, Zigzagon x3, Linoone, Medicham, Riolu, Rapidash, Feebas, Shinx,Rattata,Sneasel, Bidoof,Geodude,Mew
    I am the New Leader at SPHC. PM me if intrested!
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/sphc/forum/43980

I LOVE this EP and the one after it-- Ash finally get Chimchar(who is my FAVortie Pokemon!) :]
    i'm leaving serebi for now. i don't know when i'll be back

This episode was awesome. Comedy and tense moments. Although we will get to see the dub version very soon...I wonder how that will be?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast