Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tag! We're It! (518)

This episode was very good. Dawn’s and Brock’s reaction with their tag partners was pretty funny. Brock getting rejected was hilarious as well as the mom telling her son not to watch TR make spectacles of themselves. It was cool to see a Gyro Ball. It was cool to see the Lighting Rod ability. It was also cool to see Lava Plume and Hammer Arm. It was awesome when Pikachu used Iron Tail to split Rhydon’s Surf.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    . It was awesome when Pikachu used Iron Tail to split Rhydon’s Surf.
    And all because of Zoey... >D >D *shot*

Anyways, I've seen the episode myself... Japanese wise (I'll watch the dub when I feel like it okay? D=)... it was funny how Hikari reacted when she first saw Kouhei but when she saw how good Kouhei is... she started spazzing over him... And yeah, I think I need to see what happens after this... XD

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

First off, Paul is awesome. It was so good, seeing him again. Elekid and Paul's face when Pikachu shocked Ash was nice to see. Poor Chimchar, he tries so hard, I hadn't even thought of Paul entering to meet fire-types, I hate his methods, but they smart. I love Ash/Paul little fights. Sadly, they work good together with separte efforts, the two thumbs up from the pokemon.

Man, Holly was hilariious "I don't fall for younger men", girl sure knows how to put Brocko down. Aw, Brock was so sweet, apologizing for grabbing her hands, love how Croagunk is just there, incase Brock needs a little Posion lesson on not flirting.

Conway is very...interesting, and by interesting I mean kinda creepy. He reminds me so much of Max in a way, it's weird, I wonder if Max would look like that when older. Also, I'm kinda surprised that Brock/Ash didn't comment of it. I have to admit that Conway and Dawn make a tag team, Dawn for attacks and Conway for defense.

"This is no place for those guys to fight"...I nearly snickered at this, Ash shouldn't really be talkin', since him and Paul are doing pratically the same thing, only a bit worse.
    That was pretty smart, using protect for Magmar when surf came into play.

I give it a 8/10
    Last edited by WaterKrystal; 2nd February 2008 at 3:52 PM.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Well, normally I don't tape and review anymore and I'll wait for youtube (like waiting to exhale) to upload. Hell, most of the episodes I see are all of the episodes with Rhonda in it.

But that's a different story! Time to review.

-Conway...*squeals* I spent the whole night squealing at him. He's got this cute charm to a smart play-by-the-book type. And because HeatTagshipping is my second favorite Dawn shipping, I saw so much of that ship that made me so happy.
    -Enta was pretty good (for being a perfect rip-off of the Mayor from the Orange Islands but basically the polar opposite of that mayor. He's like that mayor mixed with Lillian!
    -I still cannot stand Paul for the life of me. Tried to like him, but that's never going to happen.
    -Dub names for Honoka/Holly and Kouhei/Conway, not bad. I knew that was going to be Honoka's name for some reason. As for Kouhei, it'll take me some time before I use his dub name, but very nice...AND HE SOUNDS LIKE HARLEY! *squeals* So cute!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Another excellent dubbed episode. The anger that Paul portrayed was really good, I would have thought they would have ruined that emotion. Some music was still intact so that is an upside. And like the original version, it was comical and intense all throughout the entire episode. A definite thumbs-up all the way.

hehe i love this episode so funny espocally when brock and dawn met their partners I dont like younger men lol. Also conway creeps me out but hes quite funny too with his stratedies. I felt sorry for chimchar though but well done on pikachu for saving chimchair cant wait to see what happens next oh and i love the ash/paul anger as well

yah,...holly: "i dont like younger men"

brock: uh....*croakgunk as poison jav at the ready.*

then the end holly loves brock, borck is sad because the only women that loved him ran away!

chimchars moments were sad, =(((

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

Lol I remember wend pikachu beat Rhydon in Cinnabar island gym by doing a thunder bolt attack on rhydon horn

Wasn’t that Metagross a little tiny?

And how did rhydon did a surf attack whit not water isn’t the Pokemon anime battles to be more realistic than the games?
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Meh, Conway was kinda a Uryu rip-off if you ask me.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Meh, Conway was kinda a Uryu rip-off if you ask me.
    i thought the same thing, he reminded me of him for sure, he was still an enjoyable character though

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Good stuff:
    Dawn's reaction to Glasses Guy.
    The mother going " Don't stop and don't look" to her son when they see Team Rocket.
    The Roughneck's accent, and his being paired to a Lass.

Fear the wrath of the almighty Koopatrol!
    Credit goes to Super Mario Wiki for teh image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    I find it hilarious the Zangoose and Seviper are mortal enemies, yet if you put them at the daycare, the old man says "They seem to get along".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    lol. Yes, I am very good at cheese. R u g00d @ cheese?
    I am a cheese geniuse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Cerberus View Post
    One of the mods is sending violins to me for no reason. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Good stuff:
    Dawn's reaction to Glasses Guy.
    The mother going " Don't stop and don't look" to her son when they see Team Rocket.
    The Roughneck's accent, and his being paired to a Lass.
    I found it weird that a little girl like her could use a Scyther.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

yay hehe the mother when team rocket was cheering..cracked me up!

holly was the best character yet with the "i dont fall for younger men" sentence, that was the best!

croagunk sitting beneath them ready to posison jab brock, =)

this was awsome!

Credit for the banner goes to Pino

FC's:

diamond (trades): 2320-4797-1369
    platinum (battles): 1977-7625-0749

That scene with the mother must have been one of the cut scenes in Australia (Stupid Toasted TV, apparently they cut alot of stuff f rstupid ads).

But anyways, lately in this series I have started to like a quite few episodes and this one is no difference, I am not sure why thought, maybe there's oemthing different I dunno.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    That scene with the mother must have been one of the cut scenes in Australia (Stupid Toasted TV, apparently they cut alot of stuff f rstupid ads).

But anyways, lately in this series I have started to like a quite few episodes and this one is no difference, I am not sure why thought, maybe there's oemthing different I dunno.
    I noticed that too, good thing I managed to have found another source and was able to see it (maybe I should go with C_P from now on...).

Anyways, let me just say that these three episodes were incredibly well done. Knowing certain events were about to come didn't change it, in fact it made me look forward to them.

I gotta say that the nerdy guy was pretty interesting, seeming to represent the "leetist" of the games. And, might I add, his Slowking's safeguard actually looked surprisingly similar to the one used in the GC games. Also, I'm not sure if anyone else caught like I did, Conroy seems to have been voiced by BF Harley's VA. You have to listen to it carefully, but yeah it's him.

The girl that Brock was paired up with was rather interesting. I laughed Croagunk was just about to use poison jab, she interjects by saying she doesn't fall for "younger men". Huh? So that would make her how old??.

Then of course there's the pairing between Paul and Ash. Wow, total opposites battling. This was by far the most tense event of the entire thing. Such a cold character, despite the fact that he was using Chimchar.

I'd like to point out that throughout the entire tag battle arc, there were many, and mean many interesting attacks used. Like for instance, Hammer Arm in this episode. I also found it interesting that they actually used "LightningRod" for Rhydon's ability.

Wow, just wow. Now I've got to quickly type my response for the next topic.

See ya there!

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Oh man, this episode (and the other two in the three-parter) had a little bit of everything good. Dang, I haven't been this inspired by an episode of the anime for a very long time. Really, the characterizations were pretty good.

Holly was so cool. I loved her Wingull and the way she and Brock worked together. In the end, I actually began to seriously ship these two. I'd love to see them meet again someday.

Conway was also a highlight. He had some interesting Defensive strategies, not to mention that he's a frickin' SUPER NERD. I'd always wanted to see one of those crop up on the show, as in, an actual one and not some bland looking dude with glasses. I also loved how Dawn was all... ::Twitchtwitch:: when she saw he was her partner.

Paul and Ash being paired off was actually handled well. I really love how Paul was all out for himself. X"D

I rate this episode a solid 10/10. People, next time it's on TV, watch it. And I hope the writers pull off more episodes like this one.

Personally, I thought it was a big hint when Paul said he was in the tournament looking for fire types. Yet Ash and co. seem to miss hints like that, just as they always do. How could no one notice that?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This was a great episode, and a great begining to the great tag battle arc.

The new characters were great, and Paul was really at his best worst.

The battles were cool, I especially liked Wingull/Sudowoodo and Pikachu/Chimchar. Surfing Rhydon was awesome.

I laughed so hard at Elekid fooling Pikachu, it was my favorite part. I mean nothing in this show from recent memory other than the great kanto episodes has made me laugh so hard, elekids face was PRICELESS!

Thanks to Shebang for the sweet TC

[IMG]http://i16.*******.com/2q2235y.png[/IMG]
    Dont Mess With Ice Beaming Quilava.
    Thanks to Futuramagirl!

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    And how did rhydon did a surf attack whit not water isn’t the Pokemon anime battles to be more realistic than the games?
    There are a lot instances of that happening like Water pulse, it could be some thing that causes them to store thousands of gallons of water, or their bodies are capable of creating water spefically for the move.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It's impossible that a Rhydon could use a Surf attack, but it counts because some Pokemon could learn the wrong moves too. Plus the title of the episode-well, it's funny and so odd. Here when you tag, you're the it, like the name. If Ash and Paul tagged managing to beat other tag-teamed trainers, they're the it(or the winner of the battle)!

Hi, I'm Toboe. (I'm new here.) Anyway, has anyone ever thought of making their own fanfic based on this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by bhrettzerda053 View Post
    It's impossible that a Rhydon could use a Surf attack, but it counts because some Pokemon could learn the wrong moves too. Plus the title of the episode-well, it's funny and so odd. Here when you tag, you're the it, like the name. If Ash and Paul tagged managing to beat other tag-teamed trainers, they're the it(or the winner of the battle)!
    What are you talking about? Rhydon CAN use Surf. It has been that way since generation I.
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

I actually really enjoyed this episode. Brock, as usual, was brilliant with his romantic act. Some of the strategies other participants used were brilliant as well (Magmar using Protect while Rhydon used Surf was genius). I am impressed way too easily

Funny that this is only the second time in the history that Brock gets shot down by a girl because he's too young for her (Officer Jenny of Cerulean City in the 7th episode was the first one). At least Holly changes her mind about Brock as the three-parter goes on. BTW, is there a name for a Brock/Holly ship? Let me know.

Conway is interesting, but that guy is just plain creepy. And we'll be seeing him again soon. Yikes. At least Paul was compelling throughout the three-parter, but it definitely makes it hard to like him.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Conway is creepy (He looks like Max when he is older AHHH)
    Of course It had to be Ash and Paul it couldn't be Ash and Lucas
    Oh well
    Brock and Holly look like a cute couple

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast