Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glory Blaze! (519)

Shinji scored a few more points with me. If Hikozaru's going to disobey him, regardless of his potential, he has no use for him. It thrills me that the rest of Shinji's Pokemon follow his attitude, especially Elekid.

Poor little guy. Just wait until you're fully evolved and then you could tear and rip every pokemon Paul has. Personally, I would enjoy seeing Chimchar evolve into an Infernape and make Paul beg for mercy. Unfortunately, those kinds of acts aren't allowed in such shows. Anywho, loved this episode. This episode showed one of the more extreme acts of those harsh trainers...

Love, too simple of an answer.

dude...talk about dramatic...Paul turning his back on Chimchar DURING the battle because of its disobedience, leaving Ash to command both Pokemon and lead them to victory...

basically, this episode rocked (even without understanding Japanese)

Good to know I'm not the only one who thought that Paul was amazing in this episode. I know, I know, poor Chimchar, etc, yet, it makes me happy that we finally have a rival that Ash HATES, and not just a funny, annoying, nice rival, like Gary, or Richie. I was getting tired of that.

I just KNEW Paul was going to free Chimchar. Every season, Ash's group had the starters, so I was wondering why the hell this time it wasn't that way. Also, it was pretty obvious that Ash was going to let Chimchar join him after he started being ever so nice to it. What I didn't expected was Paul getting mad because Ash took him away. I thought he wouldn't care at all, but, surprise, surprise.

Oh well. Let's just wait until the league comes and Shinji gets his butt kicked by Chimchar. Yawn, so predictable.
    MY MY.

Do not have a signature?

Don't worry. I don't either. (L)

Enjoy my spanglish mad skillz.

also, for anyone still thinking Chimchar will later return to Paul's team, this episode make it more than obvious that Chimchar does not belong with that group

during training, none of Paul's other Pokemon showed the slightest hesitation when they were told to attack Chimchar, regardless of the extreme pain it was suffering...however, during the tag battle, Chimchar deliberately went AGAINST Paul's orders to defend Turtwig, hence why Paul abandons it in the first place...not to mention how Chimchar apologizes to Ash after hitting him with flamethrower

bottom line, with Paul's approach to Pokemon training, makes perfect sense that he would release Chimchar...a Pokemon with that kind of sympathy belongs with Ash

after a little bit of thought, the idea of chimchar going with ash seems so right.

also was that zangoose the exact same one from before, they both had that demonic look...
    if it was woudn't it be rather highly unrealistic.

I mean they just HAPPEN to talk about chimchar's past and they just HAPPEN to fight the same zangoose... yeah.

also yay for seviper not doing anything or even showing up.
    lol

Dunno why I waited this long to see the episode. It's not often anything ever brings a tear to my eye, never mind an episode of Pokemon, but this was one hell of an exception.

All I can say is that Elekid is one cool mo-fo with its attitude. And firing attacks at a Pokemon that has clearly been battered in enough? Classy stuff indeed.

Sounds like Paul is aiming for a "Leona Helmsley" attitude there. I can hardly wait until it comes to the US, I actually hoped Chimchar would go to Ash and that Paul would be a bigger jerk than usual, if that was even possible. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to wait for a few months for it to premier here, since we're only up to the epi where Dawn captures Buizel.

Anyway, can anyone tell me how the animation was in comparison to other episodes this season?
    Wish that I could be on more, but life happens. If you need anything, lemme know.

(I'm an English major. I know how to read and write. If you need someone to proofread any fanfiction, I'm your guy.)

Does anyone know what Paul was saying after he released Chimchar?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Does anyone know what Paul was saying after he released Chimchar?
    He did say something along the lines of getting a better fire type, probably magmortar or some old type.

not suprised by that...but why doezs James' Canea hafta go to?

What does that have to do with this episode?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

great epi but i was thinking that shinji didn't want to released hikozaru or at least that he releades it in order that he would eventually get stronger and come back to him ... but satoshi eventually ask hikozaru to come with him which was a surprise for shinji too well at least it's what i think of this epi
    anime is the best thing.
    please never stop watching it

:202:

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmon View Post
    great epi but i was thinking that shinji didn't want to released hikozaru or at least that he releades it in order that he would eventually get stronger and come back to him ... but satoshi eventually ask hikozaru to come with him which was a surprise for shinji too well at least it's what i think of this epi
    I'm surprised the writers had to wait THIS long to show something like this.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Exactly.
    I was shocked that Paul would actually release Chimchar... and even more suprised Ash would ask Chimchar to join him.
    I figured brock would've been the one to get him, seeing as Ash already has the grass starter.
    *sig under construction*

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Linoone View Post
    Exactly.
    I was shocked that Paul would actually release Chimchar... and even more suprised Ash would ask Chimchar to join him.
    I figured brock would've been the one to get him, seeing as Ash already has the grass starter.
    If Brock got it he'd just have Chimchar rot in its ball, more or less.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

this was an awsome episode but i feel bad for chimchar but its cool that probobly hes going to join ash now anyways this episode was surprising with the most violence in pokemon i ever seen

merry christmas!

This episode was even better than the last one. It had more emotion and I loved Chimchar's backstory. Paul was honestly crossing the line but that's his personality and I love him for that.

The best part was the end but the thing that I didn't like was the animation. Chimchar had a really big head and in some scenes Piplup looked weird.

I'm excited because the bird is battling in the next one.^_^

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmon View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure he released it and said he'd get a stronger fire type...there'd be no point in him releasing it and somehow expecting to find it again and come back to him, that just wouldn't happen. I think Shinji's surprise was just over the fact that Satoshi too it in immediately after he released it. Even though it wasn't his, it was almost as if Satoshi was saying he could raise it better than Shinji could himself
    "Mada mada dane..."

My Sprite Comparison topic. Shows the difference in graphics between the gens

Banner was over 46800 pixels so it was removed. Read the signature rules.

this was by far one of the best dp eps out there right now, and im glad pokemon has finally decided to add a character like Shinji, i was seriously gettin annoyed with all the other typical rivals

Quote Originally Posted by Zoramon089 View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure he released it and said he'd get a stronger fire type...there'd be no point in him releasing it and somehow expecting to find it again and come back to him, that just wouldn't happen. I think Shinji's surprise was just over the fact that Satoshi too it in immediately after he released it. Even though it wasn't his, it was almost as if Satoshi was saying he could raise it better than Shinji could himself
    Frankly I'm looking forward to an actual fist fight between the two.

WOW, and Wow, I just was simply when I seen this episode, and it was insane, especially seeing it early in the morning.

I was simply surprised about Paul's training with Chimchar, it was like he nearly murdered it on the frustration that he trying to Chimchar to do. But that flashback with PAul's first appearance of Chimchar, I think that Flame Wheel was kick a**, now I see why he trains so hard with Chimchar. And that battle in the presemifinals, I think seeing a Zangoose, Paul was hoping for seeing Chimchar's real power which did not happen.

The real most shocker obviously when Paul gives up on Chimchar in the middle of the battle, I think his small teeny heart or dream was shattered when Chimchar chickens out and disobeys him. BUt I"m proud of Ash for stepping up and actually taking control of the battle, so far he been the one who been doing all the work. And in the end he releases, I can't wait the look of his face when Ash find its true potential he could not seek.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Frankly I'm looking forward to an actual fist fight between the two.
    Hell yeah. Let Ash go Nanoha on Shinji's backside, see how cocky he is then.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Well, can someone tell me what was the energy attack that Ursaring used on Chimchar (before using Hammer Arm). Was it Focus Blast or some other attack.

And also, why didn't Paul use Weavile when he was training Chimchar, did he release Weavile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well, can someone tell me what was the energy attack that Ursaring used on Chimchar (before using Hammer Arm). Was it Focus Blast or some other attack.
    I believe it was.

And also, why didn't Paul use Weavile when he was training Chimchar, did he release Weavile.
    Probably because Ice isn't good against fire.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast