Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glory Blaze! (519)

Awesome episode. Poor chimchar getting attacked by all its comrades. It seems that all of paul's other pokemon have his same aditude like that murkrow.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Me again.

I would laugh if Chimchar just swats Ash's hand away and continues going on its merry way...

OR

I would laugh even harder if Chimchar not only swats his hand away, but goes back to Paul on its little monkey knees.

Or a little of both? Chimchar refuses Ash, goes off my itself to train itself, comes back after a while and challenges all of Paul's pokemon again, and totally whomps all of them. Sorta like "You could have had this, but you gave it up. Sucker!"

Y'know, the way Jessie apparently mentioned her feeling sorry for Chimchar reminded me of how neat, personally, it'd be if Chimchar, feeling angry, went off an joined her out of spite. I think it'd make a nice episode atleast.

Other things...

* Those two trainers were oddly close the whole battle.
    * Is Kouhei planning to rape Dawn or something? That evil grin in his glasses makes me wonder if he's just trying to win the tournament to get some Glameow.
    * In Oak's Lecture...um...he made Bronzong blush (the fact Bronzong has no blood is another story)
    * Paul mentioned getting another Fire type. Maybe he'll appear in Chimchar's Tears with it.
    * Honoka has a Nosepass, and Kouhei has an Aggron.

It would be interesting if Hikazaru swatted Ash's hand, and goes off, then he would encounter Team Rocket/Jessie and decided to go with her, but that is most likely not going to happen.
    I felt really sorry for the Chimchar, it looks really sweet. I've always detested Chimchar, but it looks so adorable in this episode. Shiji is such an idiot, he shouldn't have released that Chimchar. The only Pokemon Shini is going to end up with his most likely his Torterra.
    Ash is probably going to be stalking Shinji, and waiting for him to realease more Pokemon. ;D
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Chimchar was really the only pokemon Shinji treated like dirt. The rest of them he either released at the VERY beginning, or they were strong enough in his eyes to begin with.

anyone know the attack ursuring was using ( the ball of light one) ?
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

ursaring used focus blast

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    ursaring used focus blast
    Frankly I was hoping a 120 attack power fighting move would be much cooler.

Chimchar got what it deserved.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I have never been more curious about anyone's dialogue as I am about Paul/Shinji's. Can anyone PLEASE translate any of his lines?Anything he said to Chimchar?

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Frankly I was hoping a 120 attack power fighting move would be much cooler.

Chimchar got what it deserved.
    A little harsh there, buddy? I'm a big Shinji fan and even I have to admit I felt sorry for Chimchar. I wonder if PUSA will edit this episode since this is the most violent pokemon episode I ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Y'know, the way Jessie apparently mentioned her feeling sorry for Chimchar reminded me of how neat, personally, it'd be if Chimchar, feeling angry, went off an joined her out of spite. I think it'd make a nice episode atleast.

Other things...

* Those two trainers were oddly close the whole battle.
    * Is Kouhei planning to rape Dawn or something? That evil grin in his glasses makes me wonder if he's just trying to win the tournament to get some Glameow.
    * In Oak's Lecture...um...he made Bronzong blush (the fact Bronzong has no blood is another story)
    * Paul mentioned getting another Fire type. Maybe he'll appear in Chimchar's Tears with it.
    * Honoka has a Nosepass, and Kouhei has an Aggron.
    I hope he gets a Magby so he can both a Magmortar and Electivire by the Sinnoh Championship.

Also I wonder where his Weavile was during the training scene.

That was a really nice piece of music that played at the end of this episode

Ooh, amazing episode. The treatment to Chimchar was way harsh yet I liked seeing it I guess since it was part of good development. Paul's flashback with Chimchar was cool too and I liked how it showed the potential for Chimchar's power. As for Chimchar and Turtwig vs. Metagross and Zangoose, also awesome. Zangoose looked so threatening and I kinda felt bad seeing Chimchar go through so much abuse in that episode. Turtwig also was awesome as well by back stabbing Zangoose, saving Chimchar, etc.

Overall, amazing episode. It was pretty violent (compared to other pokemon battles) but that made the episode even better. Can't wait to see Chimchar's good future with Ash's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    Ooh, amazing episode. The treatment to Chimchar was way harsh yet I liked seeing it I guess since it was part of good development. Paul's flashback with Chimchar was cool too and I liked how it showed the potential for Chimchar's power. As for Chimchar and Turtwig vs. Metagross and Zangoose, also awesome. Zangoose looked so threatening and I kinda felt bad seeing Chimchar go through so much abuse in that episode. Turtwig also was awesome as well by back stabbing Zangoose, saving Chimchar, etc.

Overall, amazing episode. It was pretty violent (compared to other pokemon battles) but that made the episode even better. Can't wait to see Chimchar's good future with Ash's team.
    Maybe Turtwig will learn SEED BOMB and it'll explode in front of an opponent's face, blinding him/her next EP.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Black/Light
    Can anyone direct me to a bittorrent for this?
    Asking for/providing links to downloadable content is not allowed on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig
    I have never been more curious about anyone's dialogue as I am about Paul/Shinji's. Can anyone PLEASE translate any of his lines?Anything he said to Chimchar?
    Read the synopsis I posted on the first page. Plenty of his lines were translated in that.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    and Ash taking a Flamethrower directly.
    Charizard says hi.

Speaking of which, Charizard's flames always left Ash extra crispy, whereas Chimchar's Flamethrower had concussive force instead.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

AMAZING episode. OHHHH THE DRAMAAAAA!! I love it.

Wow, that battle was intense. I was surprised at how great the art looked to show emotion and pain on the pokemon. I think when Shinji commanded Hikozaru to attack, even though the attack would have hurt Naetle was great. It just shows Shinji's character more. Then when he was done with Hikozaru and didn't command any attacks---MY GOODENESS, it was just so great. Without a character like Shinji DP just wouldn't be DP.

I've gotten used to the fact that Hikozaru will be going with Satoshi. I just really liked Shinji/ Hikozaru pair though.The only thing that worries me now is how Hikozaru will be handled since he will be with Satoshi. Although the writers have been good this season, I still worry for Hikozaru since they built it's character up so high, and I really don't want to see it's character go down hill from here. I'm crossing my fingers.

I know it was a dramatic moment when Shinji was getting rid of Hikozaru, but I couldn't help but laugh at how funnily drawn Satoshi looked when he was sad.
    Last edited by hatotab; 20th October 2007 at 5:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatotab View Post
    I've gotten used to the fact that Hikozaru will be going with Shinji. I just really liked Shinji/ Hikozaru pair though.The only thing that worries me now is how Hikozaru will be handled since he will be with Satoshi. Although the writers have been good this season, I still worry for Hikozaru since they built it's character up so high, and I really don't want to see it's character go down hill from here. I'm crossing my fingers.
    I don't see it going back to him if that's what your hoping for, Paul didn't exactly bond with it when he caught it in the flashback, neither did he seem to care when he released it and as he walked off he stated himself that he would go catch a better fire pokemon to replace it.

I'm certain it will be handled well under Ash's care, it's chances of becoming an infernape are pretty high and it will likely be used in the upcoming gym battle as well as the future decesive battle with Paul, and that's just a few of it's potential battles, I can't wait to see the glorious carnage it unleashes.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 20th October 2007 at 5:09 AM.

This was a great episode. Zangoose was way better in this episode then in the Hoenn episode. The Metagross/Zangoose vs. Chimchar/Turtwig battle was spectacular. Does anyone know what Paul said to Chimchar after he released him?
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 20th October 2007 at 12:24 PM.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

O...M...G...

...I haven't done a review in a couple of weeks. I should get caught up with the rest of Diamond and Pearl. Oh well, onto this one!

-First, I must say that these episodes have been the most interesting I've seen from the show since the Grand Festival...And that's the truth!
    -Well, thanks to taitofan...I'm now wrapped up in Kouhei and Dawn! I'm a friggin' Appealshipper and I'm caught up in this one! Oh well, that blushing scene at the beginning was so cute.
    -Okay, I may have had a point last year when Drew was yelling at Absol, but between Paul and Chimchar...That was just sad as hell. You know what, I would have preferred seeing AJ and Stella use the whip than see what Paul did.
    -Nice...Very original! Like we've never seen a pokemon get its arse kicked by a tougher pokemon and then trainer finds it injured. Tetsuya must be kicking himself!
    -I had such a nice conversation with one of my friends last night about this episode and he nearly flipped when I told him that Paul turned his back during the battle on poor Chimchar! But then again, I was shocked (but not surprised) when seeing that!
    -And one more notch on the *I FRIGGIN' HATE SHINJI/PAUL* scale, when he let Chimchar go! And now that he did that, I don't think I'm ever going to warm up to him.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Charizard says hi.

Speaking of which, Charizard's flames always left Ash extra crispy, whereas Chimchar's Flamethrower had concussive force instead.
    But that was used for Comedy, while this plainly wasn't.

Great Episode, i was hoping ash would get a chimchar from the start, and now its happened....yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I'm certain it will be handled well under Ash's care, it's chances of becoming an infernape are pretty high and it will likely be used in the upcoming gym battle as well as the future decesive battle with Paul, and that's just a few of it's potential battles, I can't wait to see the glorious carnage it unleashes.
    i actually don't want it to evolve, i like the cute lil monkey, and i think it could be pretty strong anyway...he needs a fully evolved water poke this season...

Kanto: Charizard
    Johto: Bayleef (not fully evolved, but the others didnt evolve at all)
    Hoenn: Sceptile

he hasn't had one yet.....oh, unless u count kingler, but thats not a starter.....there aren't many water pokemon choices this season, so i think he should get totodile back and evolve that....he never cycles the pokes he uses....it would be great!
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 20th October 2007 at 1:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Great Episode, i was hoping ash would get a chimchar from the start, and now its happened....yay.]
    It hasn't happened -yet-. The episode ends only with Ash making the offer to Chimchar to join him. It'd be nice to see Chimchar refuse, and show Ash that he can't have every pokemon he wants by asking nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Origamigryphon View Post
    It hasn't happened -yet-. The episode ends only with Ash making the offer to Chimchar to join him. It'd be nice to see Chimchar refuse, and show Ash that he can't have every pokemon he wants by asking nicely.
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
        Spoiler:
    I've accepted it, and the fact that Shinji will probably beat that little mankey's *** hard at some point.

I can already see the end of DP being Infernape beating Torterra.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast