Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glory Blaze! (519)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well, can someone tell me what was the energy attack that Ursaring used on Chimchar (before using Hammer Arm). Was it Focus Blast or some other attack.

And also, why didn't Paul use Weavile when he was training Chimchar, did he release Weavile.
    Maybe it's because Weavile is weak against Chimchar.

Anyway, anybody notice that FOCUS BLAST was portrayed similarly to AURA SPHERE?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Anyway, anybody notice that FOCUS BLAST was portrayed similarly to AURA SPHERE?
    Focus Blast is to Final Flash as Aura Sphere is to Kamehameha?

And one more notch on the *I FRIGGIN' HATE SHINJI/PAUL* scale, when he let Chimchar go! And now that he did that, I don't think I'm ever going to warm up to him.
    Well, he's being a damn good heel then. Now to decide what he's gonna pick up to replace Chimchar...^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well, can someone tell me what was the energy attack that Ursaring used on Chimchar (before using Hammer Arm). Was it Focus Blast or some other attack.
    That was the second time this question has been asked. Please read the thread before asking questions, especially when the episode has been out for several days already and your question is likely to have already been asked.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Calm down Geodude. -_-

Anyways, I think once Ash starts to train Chimchar and it starts to get stronger then Paul is gonna want it back. Especially if Chimchar evolves.

By the way I love this episode so much. Its probably in my top 10 favorite Pokemon episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mime Jr View Post
    Anyways, I think once Ash starts to train Chimchar and it starts to get stronger then Paul is gonna want it back. Especially if Chimchar evolves.
    Paul said himself he'd get a better fire type(likely magmortar or one of it's earlier forms) to replace it after he let it go so I don't think he cares anymore about Chimchar's potential.

Just accept the fact Ash is going to keep it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Focus Blast is to Final Flash as Aura Sphere is to Kamehameha?

Well, he's being a damn good heel then. Now to decide what he's gonna pick up to replace Chimchar...^^;
    Um, what's Final Flash?

Anyway, I meant they're similar by body movement.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

It is an attack from Dragonball Z.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It is an attack from Dragonball Z.
    Oh, right.

Anyway, anyone disappointed by FOCUS BLAST's portrayal?

Every time you type attack names in capitals it disappoints me greatly...

...That wasn't what you meant, was it?

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Every time you type attack names in capitals it disappoints me greatly...

...That wasn't what you meant, was it?
    Meh, I was just doing things like the games.

Anyway, I always thought Focus Blast would look more like the Rasengan (preferably the 3rd movie version).

That was a sweet battle!
    Cacturne, The One and The Only!!!

Credit to LASL for this amazing banner!!

Credit to Gladeshadow!!

Meh, I was hoping Torterra's Leaf Storm would've looked stronger.

What was the pokemon being zapped by Pachirisu in this ep? I can't quite figure it out.

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Crask View Post
    What was the pokemon being zapped by Pachirisu in this ep? I can't quite figure it out.
    Snubbul actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Snubbul actually.
    Yeah, Pachirisu used Discharge. Also, her partner used an Aggron.

This episode was good. It was cool to see Focus Blast. I felt so bad for Chimchar. “Wake it up with Thunder.” I really thought that was unnecessary. It was cool to see Bullet Punch and Magnet Rise. Paul was so cruel in this episode, especially when he released Chimchar. My opinion on his attitude is so negative, there are some words I most likely can’t say here.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

^ I agree with the "wake it up with thunder", that was horrible.
    --
    Ooooo, Holly's getting jealous. Wow, Conway's kinda cute without his glasses on. Aw, Chimchar is soo cute, and caring...he went to see if Ash was ok. I like Paul, but right now I just wanna wring his little his neck out, even TR kinda feels sorry for Chimchar. Go Ash!, get Chimchar out of there, I almost felt like crying with the rough way he was being treated. You know if this was the first time I saw Paul, in the flashbacks of how he met Chimchar, when he ran after him, I would have thought he cared. Now go Nurse Joy, tell it to him straight.

Ok, this is off topic, but I was watching Fried Dynamites "Animal Idol", and I just thought that if Paul needed another job, he could take over Simon's job if they ever had Pokemon Idol.

Back to Pokemon, dang that Zangoose's face is disturbing even to me, no wonder Chimchar got scared, I would too. I can't believe that Paul turned his back on him,
    That's what Paul gets for leaving Chimchar, his face was priceless whenn Ash asked him to join him. It usually takes alot for me to get teary eyed over something, but this episode got to me.

8/10
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

I agree with the Zangoose thing,I wanted to put my face in my hands after seeing that scary face. First I thought Paul was helping Chimchar when he said thats what it wanted, I thought he cared what it wanted,but after he turned his back I lost all hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

Zangoose looked wicked in this episode! It had the coolest expressions ever. Otherwise the whole Chimchar thing was really sad, it was a little much for cartoon standards, but none the less a great episode. Holly and Conway were really cool^^
    My Platinum FC is 1934-8386-5285
    My HeartGold FC is 0475-0093-3302

Im a 100 percent sure that chimchar is going to evolve to Infernape. Almost the exact same thing is happening like with charmander. Both were abandoned by trainers and both i predict will follow in the same footsteps. I can see chimchar evolving and not listining to ash and monferno evolve because of some huge oppenent and Infernape never does anything ash says until he gains respect.

Which will lead to Ash losing the league because Infernape doesn't obey him? That again?o_O

This is my favorite season of Pokemon so far, mostly because of the information about how Chimchar and Pual met and also how things happened between them. But I felt so bad for Chimchar, by Pual just leaving it there for Ash to order. I'm so happy that Chimchar is Ash's now!!

A few things I have to go forth on saying...

-Was I watching Pokemon or was I watching Roots? When I was watching Paul "train" with Chimchar, I was really waiting for Chimchar to say "My name is Kunta Kinte!" And you know what happens after that!
    -Dawn blushing...Okay, not as big to me now. Only when I watch the Japanese version.
    -Nice to see all of the random game characters in this competition. I see a Karate guy, Psychic (it even said Psychic in the closed captioning), Biker (I think), Lass (I'm pretty sure), and of course my favorite...The Pokemaniac/Nerd Conway! Yay!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Snubbul actually.
    No, it was Granbull, snubble airn't that big.
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

rofl at brock with nurse joy and holly getting jealous. Also Dawn getting confused at conways battle skills lol. LOL at Conway saying Ash is the enemy maybe a little pearl shipping hint me thinks. Aww chimchar running to see if ash was ok and meouth going why doesnt that guy lighten up and piplup pointing at paul in anger that was funny, im gonna smack elekid its so cocky and annoying! poor chimchar
    Ouch wake it up with thunder that was so cruel poor chimchar then at the end when he let chimchar go. Also when Ash commanded Chimchar that was just so cool Paul just didnt anything and ash had to just jump in and command chimchar
    Last edited by Rebeccag; 3rd February 2008 at 5:50 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast